Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #16  

Good Evening Ladies:

Hot??!?!!?! We've already hit 114. Lately though it has been quite cooler, only 97. Of course, we don't have the humidity; in fact, it's been awfully dry (about 12% humidity). If they made a lotion from Head & Shoulders I'm sure they'd be a big item here. (The flaking does remind me of dandruff.)

I am so enjoying my time off. Tonight I went to the 8th grade promotion at the middle school I taught at the last 2 years. Many of the 8th graders this year were my 6th and 7th graders. I can't believe how much they've grown in this last year. There was one student who had asked me about the graduation last year and I had told her that even if I wasn't at Pueblo this year, I'd come back for the graduation. I remember that she cried. I had decided that I would go even if it was just for Vanessa. Well, I saw her tonight and she told me that she had hoped that I'd be there; that she had told her mom last night that she hoped I'd be there like I said. I told her that she was the reason I was there. She cried again...and so did I. I was so proud of her. She's already taking math courses at the high school. She's going to be a success story some day. I was proud of all my kids. I wouldn't have missed this for anything.
This weekend we're having our backyard landscaped. It's costing quite a bit, but it will be so nice to have grass and no dirt!! I can't stand all the dirt anymore. I just have to find a way to keep the dog off the grass for 3 weeks. My niece said to use an invisible fence, but I'm not sure about my dog getting a little shock everytime he wants to cross certain areas. I'm afraid he'll get so that he'll never go on the grass. I have a few days to try to figure out something. He is an outside dog and doesn't like being indoors. Today we had him in the garage while the pest control guy was here and the dog just stayed by the door and when I opened it to let him in he went straight for the back door and kept pushing against it until I got it opened then he took off for the backyard.

Dips: It is so good to have you back. The humidity, no a/c, and heat must remind you of Italy. I remember that I used to love going into the churches because they were always so cool inside. I don't think I could ever get used to the humidity. I sure hope you get your a/c soon.

Julie: Good going on the water. I know I should drink more, but for some reason it's hard. It's funny because when I was pregnant with Ashley I craved water and could easily down 2 gallons a day. I'm with you about the snow; althought right now it feels good to stick my head in the freezer.

Noelle: We don't have our state fair until the end of October and even then it can still be over 100 degrees.

Hello to Cherie, Kempy, Angie, and anyone else I may have missed.
Have a good night everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #17  

Well, it looks like I am the first one here today.

Cal you have me beat with the temps. I think I will stay over here. The humidity is pretty bad though. I am waiting right now for it to stop raining so that I can go plant a few things. I know that it is going to be terrrible when it stops. We do need a quick shower though. I know you will just love your new yard.

Dips my in laws are on SBD and they are doing great. They were even able to stay on it (somewhat) when they went to Miami. That must truly be a great diet. When I go out of town I feel like yelling GET OUT OF THE WAY I AM GOING TO EAT WHATEVER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! How long have you been doing SBD?

I just went to the gorcery and it is amazing how little you buy when you are eating healthy. I buy all of our produce at the produce stand so it will be a little cheaper so our store runs are really saving money. We do have our cheat day though. In fact Joe has already planned our Saturday. We will have sushi for lunch and mexican for dinner. We are craving both of those so bad so we will just get them into that one day. Lat Sat. he tried to eat good for the whoel day and only have a cheat meal and I think he felt that he missed out on something. He is doing awesom anyway (as always). I am still 5 1/2 lbs from where I was in March but it is coming off pretty quick. I am just going to keep pushing and see what happens.

Well, it stopped raining so I am going to get these plants in the ground.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #18  

Hi girls

Kempy, you are doing so well. Good for you . I know what you mean you mean about junk food and not so healthy food costing more. Those bags of chips and cookies we buy add up . I like to have some cookies and chips though in the house for the kids. I end up eating them sometimes too. Our farmer's market started up, I have to check it out. My mil use to have a big garden and I loved it. I would take all the things she didn't want like green peppers, dice them and freeze them.

Cal that is so sweet about that girl. That was so nice of you to be there. You are such a great teacher. The world needs more like you . You will just love your grass. I remember when we built our house we had dirt for a while before we got our sod and I was going nuts with it being tracked in and out of the house.

Well hi out there everyone else. I have to get supper ready....chili, as always, lol. I might try some whole wheat pasta with it. Not sure yet. And I have to get cracking on planning the party this weekend. Decorations, cake, and figure out what to cook. Well check back later on.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #19  

Btw Kempy I think cheat days are a great idea. It keeps me from going on a binge. Your Saturday sounds great. Yum.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #20  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default I'm MELLLTINNNGGG

There is nothing more miserable than coming off the hot street into a hot *** house. But relief is on the way. I bought my AC today and I'm having it delivered tonight. In the meantime the cable service to my area is on the outs so Time Warner is outside digging up the fiber optics. So with absolutely no tv to distract me from my oven of an apartment, you can just imagine how miserable I am.

Cal- What a touching story. You made me remenice over the wonderful times I had with my good teachers. Moments like the one you shared with Vanessa can be life changing. What you did for her will have a lasting effect on her. You're an awsomw person for that. BTW this heat doesn't really remind me of italy because I was near water all the time so it was a lot cooler. With all the fountains and stuff, there's always a spot to cool off. I miss it. I can't wait to go back.

Kempy- Good for you for staying on track. For some reason I just can't seem to get out off of 140. I've been at this plateu forever so I decided to change almost everything. I'm on day 6 of phase 1 of SBD. I really like it. It's pretty good for me.

Hi Julie- It's amazing how many plastic surgery reality shows are out there now, huh. It seems like the media is encouraging us to go under the knife. I'll admit, it's pretty entertaining though

Anyways, I have to remain in my shower until my AC comes. I'll check back in if I don't get a heat stroke.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #21  

Hi girls

Dips I hope you didn't melt last night!! You are going to be so much more comfy if that got delivered last night. Stay cool. Btw I love the reality shows. Noelle and I are big fans of American Idol. Cherie and I like the Bachelor/Bachorlette. I feel kind of lost that the shows are done now. Oh well more time to excercise if I put myself up to it.

Noelle how is Michael's summer going?? It is just to darn humid and hot right now to go out. Plus it wouldn't help this end of the month headache. So I am going to stay cool inside. Have a great day.

Cherie, I hope you are doing well. Miss ya.

Angie miss you too hun.

Kempy I hope you are having a good day at work.

Cal did you think of anything to do with the doggy yet?? Hope you are staying cool.

Hi everyone else. I will check back later on.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #22  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default At Last!

Okay, no more drama queen My AC came at midnight and my father drove all the way from Long Island to install it first thing this morning. I've been blissfully cool ever since I feel soooo much better.
The bad news is that my cable is still out. Time Warner better get thier together. I'm missing ot on some quality prime time tv. Speaking of which,

J- I'm not too much into the bachelor anymore. I'm more into the whole makeover shows. I also like the real world and fear factor. Nothing like watching folks gorge on pickled monkey nuts

Angie- Where ya been, lady.

Aloha Noelle, Kempy, Cal. Stay hydrated and cool.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in... it's late Thursday, and I just got back to my hotel... I am tired and suffering from some major back cramps from my period.... tomorrow, I have training again, and then I fly home sometime tomorrow evening.... I am so tired of being away from home... it's been a busy week.... I am ready for the weekend.

I feel so out of it right now, I haven't had time to read any of the posts.... and I probably won't get back into the swing of things for at least another week or so.. :-( so I am sorry.

Right now, I better post this.. it's storming here, and last night while it was storming, we lost power two times, and I don't want to loose my post in case it happens again.

I'll talk to you all soon.. just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you guys!!!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #24  

Good Morning Girls
Old 06-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #25  

Hi girls checking back in....

Cherie, that is a bummer being away from home when you are not feeling well. I hope those cramps go away. I don't know if you will read this post or not but are you going with Alan next week?? If you are have fun. We are thinking of you too .

Dips congrats on being nice and cool now. Not that you were not cool before !! Speaking of Fear Factor even though we have not met I could imagine you being on that show. Haha

Well I will check back in later to see if anyone was around. It is sticky here all ready. (Not complaining ) Humidity is close to 80% all ready. I had dd's leftover strawberries for breakfast. I was going to make my oatmeal because I love it but I couldn't eat anything hot this morning. Okay gotta go, bye for now.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #26  

Where is everyone?? Busy busy....I know . I might not be able to make it online this weekend. Just seeing if anyone has popped in!! Have a great Friday girls.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #27  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, Happy Aloha Friday! It's actually a Hawaiian holiday here today (Kamehameha Day), in honor of the 1st king to unite the haw'n islands...I think I explain that every year , anyway, not much going on. We've got rain but sunny skies, nice and breezy though. We're thinking about taking the boy to see the Lava girl and Shark Boy movie tonight, then have a date night tomorrow to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith ...Angelina for him, Brad Pitt for me

Dips, I spent almost and hour and a half over at the Home Depot this morning waiting for some replacement parts from the Hilti man in the tool dept. It was a bit of a drag but it beats being trapped behind a desk in an office. At least the scenery in HD changes with all those men going up and down the aisles Glad you got your A/C to cool you off, I remember them days of the hot apartment and sticking to the leather couch, yuck! How nice of your daddy to travel all that way to come over and install it for ya. What a sweetheart.

Cherie, pop some advil for some relief, it works wonders for me at TOM. You must be so busy, but you have your trip to look forward to, no?

Julie, Michael starts a summer fun program at the district park next Wednesday. He's been hanging out at home for the past week and a half and can't wait for the program to start, it'll be something new for him. His cousin is in the program as well but I'm pretty sure they break the groups up according to age and grade level. Do you have any special outings planned for the kiddos? It's during the summer that I wish I lived on the mainland. I'm pretty sure I'd be out driving around and just seeing the sights. *sigh*

Cal, hey, I'm with Dips about you touching that student and leaving a positive impression for life. I've had a few great teachers that I think about, still remember their kindness and inspiration. One in particular kept me from veering too far off track during those rebellious teenage years. She was a firm, take no-bull kind of lady, but she was really sweet too, she made learning fun--what I imagine your students think of you. What's Ashley up to these days? Keeping the dog under control? Gosh, that just reminded me, Rick said he was offered a cocker spaniel/mix puppy and he said yes...that's just what our house needs, another dog...but who can say no to a puppy?

Kempy, how are you guys doing over there? Is Tropical Storm Arlene affecting your area? I can just imagine that humidity, yuck yuck yuck! Stay safe! Thinking about you.

OK, what the heck's up w/our dear Angie?!!! I know summer must be crazy busy for ya, we miss ya girl, hope you're doing great though. Drop us a line? I think we have to send Cal after ya... Cal are you still heading to ME?
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #28  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Did anyone watch the last Trading Spouses? There was the country lady that went to the rich city lady's house and the rich lady's kids just loved her. The country lady's kids and husband didn't know what to make of the city lady. Then when they said what the $50K would be used for, the country lady made everyone in the other household happy, and the city lady was clueless. Made them spend most of the money on landscaping and fixing up their cars...only gave the kids "allowances" of like $2 p/week for the younger boy, and $5 a week for the older girl...they were rolling their eyes, like come on! The city lady was a b*tch and so immature, she was actually jealous that her husband and kids had a good time with the other woman, and that the kids were so happy about the way the $50K was used. I would be mortified of appearing on that show and behaving like that city woman. Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:55 PM   #29  

Noelle, hi girl....I see that Hawaiian Holiday on my calendar. Happy HI Day to you!! Mr. and Mrs. Smith looks really good. Do you think Brad and Angelina are a couple in real life?? I don't know kind of looks that way . Of course thats what I hear in the media. I am glad you boy is going to be starting his summer program. We have been outside a lot, enjoying the weather. And we are so lucky our neighbors have an pool that the kids swim there a lot. So I am hoping by the end of the summer they will know how to swim . Watch for rainbows with the sun and the rain at the same time . I just love sunsets and rainbows. I gotta get to HI someday!! Have a great fun weekend.

Cal did you ever talk to Angie?? I also hope you are doing well too Angie.

Hi to each and everyone of you, luv ya all and have a great weekend. We are doing the combined birthday party thing this weekend. I will try and check in. Bye for now girls.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #30  

Noelle I think I saw that episode when it first aired. And the city kids fell in love with the country mom. It is so funny to watch. I still love the episode where the whole family didn't where shoes?? Remember that one, it was a good one too. Okay enough rambling from me....