Old 06-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #76  
Student of the Hoof

Linda - Took a look at the link you posted. Pretty much everything on that page is stuff I do with pilates. I think what I did has to be taken into consideration. I didn't exactly wrench or throw my back out. Uhm.. I did something relatively stupid. And I learned that wrestling a half ton horse is NOT good for me. *sigh* It's more like I just overworked those muscle to the point where they are spasming uncontrollably. Or were yesterday anyway. Today it's more like they're still swollen and hot and pinching the sciatic nerve, but not spasming as badly. Sort of like lifting weights to an extreme and just tearing the muscles up badly. More excersize right now would only make things worse. I need to let them heal before I do anything else. If that is, in fact the case, then today should be the worst, and tomorrow things should start mellowing out.

Right now the best thing seems to be standing instead of sitting, and slow walking as much as I can manage it.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:43 PM   #77  

Hello all. Had a pretty good day. The urge for Chinese food is pretty strong right now. Luckily, I don't know any places that deliver, so I got into my pj's pretty quick so I am not tempted to go back out. Rest of day was good.

Sorry you're back is still hurting, Raven. Hope it gets better soon.

Everyone else - have a wonderful night.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #78  
Student of the Hoof

Hey all ..

Jolly - Did you manage to resist the chinese all night? If so, good for you!

My back is actually worse this morning. Driving aggravates it, then I sneezed while I was driving, and as ludicrous as it sounds, caused spasms that were absolutely unbelievable. I could barely walk across the parking lot (oh and getting out of my car... HA!) this morning. Dragging my left leg behind me.. *sigh* The warehouse manager saw me and said 'you need to get that treated.' I told him I wished I could! No insurance, no money... makes for no treatment. Turns out his wife is a chiropractor. Get this .. she's going to fit me in today *free* and my boss is going to pay me for any time I need to take to go. Of course, being in tremendous pain puts me on edge already, and .. I started to cry. Schlepp that I am. He's even going to drive me over there.

Major lesson learned on this one.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #79  

Hi everyone. A bit lonely here. Everyone all right?

I almost oopsed this morning. Again, sat on the couch too long, and thought that I really didn't have time to go work out. But, after one of "those looks" from the dogs, I did go. Only did 20 minutes of cardio and one set of weights, but better than nothing.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:54 PM   #80  
Student of the Hoof

Well I made it to the chirporactor. I need to go tomorrow again, and the next day. Then she'll let me know how I'm doing after that.

X-rays showed my pelvis is rotated and tilted. My upper lumbar is off at a nasty angle, and I have at least one disk being compressed. My neck is also curved out, instead of in. All this is probably due to a lifetime of injuries, pregnancies, falls, etc. and the incident on Saturday just broke Marian's back. Almost.

She made as much of an adjustment as she dared, warned me I'd be sore, told me to ice it 15 minutes out of every hour, and sent me on my merry way. For about an hour I was almost completely pain free. What a relief that was!! Slowly, the soreness is creeping in, but ... at least I know I'll be going back to her tomorrow after work, and the healing has begun. No wonder my hips hurt, with my pelvis that much out of whack.

Anyway.. so it will be a while before I'm really back to working out like I was. She cautioned me against resuming anything terribly physical right away because there's a great deal of muscle swelling, plus the nerves are still damaged. Even stretching at this point could actually cause more damage because it might cause the muscles to lock up and spasm again. *lol* At least when I do it, I do it right, huh? Blah. Anyway. At least I have help now.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:26 PM   #81  

Glad you sought help, Raven. I hope you are all better soon.

Well, I ate a bit more today then I would have liked. I was at a meeting at corporate, and food was plentiful. Didn't do horribly bad though. Then, on the way home, i decided I didn't want to cook. So, I called and ordered chinese for carry out. Then I called back, cancelled the order, and am cooking from home.

So I decided to make comfort food - chipped beef on toast. I always use skim milk, light margerine, and add veggies. But I don't care about portion sizes. Today, I kept the meat and veggies the same, but halved the milk, butter, and toast. A save.

Won't it be nice when stuff like that ISN'T noticable? When I don't feel like I have to announce that I did'nt eat enough for the entire French Army?

Have a good night, all.

Last edited by jollygirl; 06-15-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:58 PM   #82  

Hi guys!
What a busy day today was, finally got my hair cut and took my daughter with me for a highlight as well. That took the afternoon and this morning I had a quilt meeting to attend. It was all "fun and games" at least!
I was a good girl today with what I was eating and feel STRONG in terms of my committment today. I had vegetable soup, ff cottage cheese and a boiled egg for lunch while DH sat right beside me and ate Doritos, crunching noisily (sp?) and dipping them in salsa. It smelled and sounded so tempting, but I ate my own stuff and I lived through it. He is such a bad influence, but I can't forbid him from eating what he wants, that is not fair. I've got to learn my own balance and self control.
Breakfast was puffed wheat cerial and ff milk with banana and I did go to the quilt meeting, but controlled my eating there to only 4 points... I brought the snack and planned ahead.
Tonight was sirloin tips, marinated with shrimp on the barbie! Yummy with whole wheat pasta and string beans. I'm satisfied and looking forward to my sf, ff, chocolate pudding with lite cool whip. I'm getting the hang of this and I've been well behaved and managing to stay away from those Doritos!
How's it going everyone?
Raven, sounds like your boss is wonderful to bring you to an "on the house" chiropractor. You are lucky and I hope that helps you.
Jolly, you said you were lonely. What's up hon? Everything ok? Get that work out time in, girl! No more morning couch time. I'm expecting a full report of what you did to burn off some big-time calories tomorrow morning! You can do this.
Also, tell me what you are eating guys! I need ideas, boredom can set in and lead to cheating.... we all don't want to "go there"!
Linda in dreary, rainy NH
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:36 PM   #83  

Hi Derry. Glad you had a great day. I was "lonely" cuz not a lot of postings here. Glad to have you to talk to.

I passed up chocolate not once, but twice, at work tonight. Did have some fruit there - they had a picnic today and left stuff for 2nd shift. Amazing. I want to make these choices all the time. Actually, today was a good day with the exception of the low cal pringles and beef jerky I had for a monring snack, and the high cal dressing I dumped on the salad I ordered for lunch. I have to remember to "dip" my dressing, I know.

Good night all.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:37 AM   #84  

Good morning all. Well, Derry, I did my full two mile workout this morning. Jog 7 blocks, walk 3 - repeat. I even made it all the way up the large hill without stopping - except for a brief "Rocky" moment at the top. I am slow, but I made it.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:22 AM   #85  

Glad you were able to report a successful work out Jolly!
I'm starving... but on the CORE plan that is not an issue, as it is "eat until you are satisfied" as long as it's core foods. I'm heading out shortly to a quilt meeting and I think I need to bring fruit in case someone shows up with doughnuts.
Still now word from Red. I'm concerned. Has anyone been in touch with her?
Linda
Old 06-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #86  

Good Morning! I'm back from a day out of the office and out of town at staff meeting. I know I went over yesterday. I have no control on what is being served for lunch an dinner. Glad it's only once a month! Also, since I was in the car for 6 hours (3 hours each way), I didn't get any exercise.

Today, back on track. Oatmeal for breakfast, walking at noon, brought a Healthy Choice meal and applesauce for lunch. Then to the gym after work. Busy night planned so we are having sandwiches for dinner.

Raven - hope you are feeling better soon. Sound like the chiropractor is going to help.

Kathy
Roxymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:18 AM   #87  

Good morning all. Linda, how did the quilt meeting go? I need to get back to work on the knitting project I started ages ago. I have such a short attention span. I am acutally kind of surprised I finished two before getting bored. I wanted something to do other than read, but I do love to read. And Kathy, meetings are soooo hard. It is hard when the food is in front of you. It is hard when others are grazing. I had the same issue Wednesday. Ah well, one day at a time.

Off to breakfast and the gym. Have a great day!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #88  

TGIF!! Mornin'

I didn't do too bad yesterday. The only thing I didn't do is go to the gym after work. I had a bunch of errands to run and wanted to get home before the storms got here. Have been having severe weather the last couple nights. Most of it missed us last night, thankfully. The weekend is suppose to be nice. I only work until noon on Friday's during the summer, so this afternoon it's off to the grocery store. Then a long walk with the dogs.

I have to tell you about my find. I love to cook and have been trying to find a new cookbook program that has the nutrition information when you add recipes. I found one yesterday that I think I'm going to order. After downloading the trial version and playing with it some, I found that you can program the nutrition part to actually figure your WW points! I was so excited! I have so many recipes that I have made low fat but don't have the time to sit down and figure all the points. The program is called Living Cookbook if anyone is interested.

Have a great day!

Kathy
Roxymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #89  

That sounds good, Kathy. I may have to check it out.

I hear you on the after work thing. that's why I am up before the birds to work out before work. Otherwise, it just never gets done. Working out is so important, and yet so hard to schedule.

I am doing ok food wise today, except I indulged in a bag of the baked ruffles. This would be ok, except I can't eat just one serving. I can eat one BAG, but not one serving. Otherwise, choices are ok.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #90  

Well, I blew it last night, but I do have flex points and haven't yet used up ALL of them for the week, so all is not lost. The quilt meeting went well yesterday, no one actually brougth food for a change and I had my trusty apple with me just in case. But, last night, I let the family talk me into Chinese food and it was kind of a sabotage thing. I kept trying to suggest other places to eat, places I knew I could find better choices, but it didn't work out. I tried to eat what I thought would be "better" choices, but my self control was not the best. Today, I have been very good, though.
Linda