Old 05-25-2005, 06:35 AM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking New 21-Day Challenge!! -- Please join me!!

Heh all, I need a new challenge. It's the only way to get me kickstarted again I think.
We used to do these 21-day challenges on here and they really worked for me.
It works like this: you decide you'll do something for 21 days straight, every single day, so keep it doable. Then you count ....one through 21.....and if you flub it, you MUST go back to zero and start over again. Everyone will be on different days. You can start anytime.
The trick is to keep going. The momentum builds and it's great incentive to stick to your guns, cause if you don't.........back to zero you go.

Anyone want to join me!!?!?!

Please do!!

I will be posting my challenge soon.......have to give it some thought........

Last edited by redballoon; 05-25-2005 at 06:37 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:56 AM   #2  

Default This sounds interesting...

I am thinking i might like to join you on this Can you give me some ideas of what people would choose as their challenge for the 21 days? Was it food oriented, or exercise oriented? Any examples would be appreciated...Keep me posted!

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #3  
Never give up

Hello mom2twinz, I hope you can join. I used to do no sugar, other people did drinking water, others some exercise every day. It can be anything that will help you in weight loss, eating, exercise, behavior oriented. Others were journaling, keeping to a certain calorie count, staying on program. Anything really. It's up to you to pick something that is a challenge to YOU and you alone, something challenging YET doable. Well, sure hope you can join us. This is my Day 1, Thursday here. I have yet to decide exactly what I will do, but I'm going to keep to a "good" day until I make up my mind....
Old 05-25-2005, 03:55 PM   #4  
Wellness*Body*Mind*Spirit

S/C/G: 320/320/?

Height: 5'9"

I'm in! I follow the same basic plan every day so I'm not sure which part I will choose for thos challenge...I'll post later when I decide!
Vegan Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #5  

I'm going to attempt to try working out in some form everyday for 21 days.

Something tells me I'm going to end up slipping though...unless I can count a trip to the mall as "walking".
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #6  

Default O.K....I'm in!!

This has been a true challenge to me, so to be able to keep it up for 21 days will be a HUGE victory. I will do at least 100 sit-ups/day starting tomorrow (Thursday 5/26)

YaY!!! I love to push my boundaries!! Thanks so much for posting this challenge

edith
Old 05-26-2005, 12:45 AM   #7  
Never give up

Smile Welcome all!!!!

Hi guys, great to see some action!
I'm still not totally decided on what my challenge will be but I think I'm going to go for 21 days of journaling and keeping calories under 1500. I have an incentive plan that means if I exercise I get extra calories. Then every third day I get 500 extra calories. This worked for me well before so I'm going to try it again.

The big challenges are writing things down and calculating calories. The incentive is the exercise. I have been very lax with exercise and I used to do sooo much.

Ok, this is my Day 1 and so far I've been good. Being good also means not eating junk much, if at all and trying to cook for myself, veggies, fresh fruit, an absolute minimum of sugar.

Everyone -- please keep track of your own days. Just come in and tell us how you're doing and what day you are on... like, I've made it to Day 4 etc. Don't feel bad about starting over. But it's an honor system. If you blow it just start from Day 1 again. OK?!?!

Vegan Vixen -- Hi there! Glad to have you onboard! Heh, are you a vegan. I'm a vegetarian, but eat some eggs and dairy. Have done vegan for a while. Kind of lean toward it. Tell me more.

dakotamidnight -- love your handle! Welcome! Ok, exercise, some kind, every day. Best of luck to you!! You know what is exercise for you. If you may just sit at home all day, then I would certainly count walking in the mall as exercise. The little things add up. Take the stairs, run the escalator, do some deep knee bends. Don't get like me and think I have to go to the gym and slave for three hours to call it exercise, when I could just go out on the town and walk and walk. Instead I tend to then just sit around all day. What a waste!

Edith -- Great!! Glad you're in. 100 situps a day starting 5/26 OK!! Go for it! You can do it!! Glad you like the challenge. It always helped me get out of my rut and despair!! )which is where I am now!! Ugggghhh! The fat billowing around me as I turn into MEGASLOTH!!! Good luck!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:05 AM   #8  
Never give up

Thumbs up Wrapping up Day 1!!!!!!

Ok, all. I'm wrapping up Day 1 here in a great way. Got a LOT of exercise in today, have recorded everything I ate in Fitday.com, and will put it in my journal later.

So, on to Friday and Day 2.

How's everyone doing? By the way, because of the time difference there will likely be a delay in my responding to you all. Don't worry. I'm here. It's just that I'm usually asleep when you're up and vice versa.

Best of luck!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #9  

Hey Redballoon! I'm glad you found Fitday.com. I've been using them,too. I love to look at the graphs to see how many calories i've eaten vs. how many I've burned...VERY empowering!!

edith
Old 05-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #10  
Never give up

Smile starting Day 2........

So, how is everybody doing? Anyone make it through their Day 1, or is it still on? I get confused with the time difference. I'll be looking for good reports!

Edith, yes, fitday can be a great help. Course, it doesn't have a lot of the foods I need. Last night, I figured it out there and then ate. Won't be able to do that much as I'm usually busier than I was yesterday. I've decided the only way to be sure to stick to my calorie count is to have "sample days" that I have already calcualated the calories for and then use them to avoid having to count.

Hope to hear from you all.

Last edited by redballoon; 05-26-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #11  
Never give up

Heh, guys, where is everyone. Well, must say, where am I? No, there was some glitch yesterday. Couldn't get on to the forum. Guess it was down for maintenance...then I was out all day.

Well, I think my challenge was way way too hard. I had to start over yesterday and will have to again today..... hmmm...for me keeping the calories way down is just too hard. I have been doing very well for the past three days, however. I did not "blow" it. I can notice the difference around my waist. So, I'm thinking the challenge is too complex and am going to change it.

OK, from today, the idea is just to keep track of all exercise and eating and that includes drinking! No more countless beers! Naturally, the idea is the same, to stay under a certain amount of calories, but I'm not going to sweat it. After all, I can only approximate most.

So, today Sunday, May 29 is my new Day 1!
Journal every day for the next 21.

Please join me anyone. It's lonely here!
Old 05-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #12  

Been doing good with exercising, walked around the mall for about 2 hours today, and tired on some size XL workout pants. THEY FIT!!!!!! Bit tight, but definately easy to get into. I've not worn size XL pants since I was in jr high {about 8 years ago}. Averageing about 8000 steps a day on my step counter, and trying to get it up to 10,000.

Going to attempt to go to the gym this coming week, after I buy some workout gear.
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #13  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...I think Ill join in. Id like to do what Edith is doing. I need to up my exercise in a major way! Im 8 hours ahead of CST so Ill be on here at different times than most people.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #14  
Never give up

Oh, great to see some people here!

dakota -- good going on the exercise. Doesn't that feel great to fit into something you hadn't before! So happy for you! I've decided exercise is soooo important. For me, it's the only way to lose, that of course, with cutting back on the food. Keep it up. So, tell us what day you're on.

chubbyvixen -- Welcome!! So, you're in Qatar, eh? Cool. Well, I'm here in Tokyo so we're closer in time than a lot of the people posting. I think you're six hours behind Tokyo. OK, exercise, go for it. What kind of exercise you thinking of doing? Keep posting!

Last edited by redballoon; 05-28-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #15  
Movin' right along...

I want to do at least 100 sit ups a day like Edith...

Are you from Tokyo?
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote