Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #31  
Dee

Well ladies, I have no time to chat today. It's 2:45 and I need to leave for work at 3:15.
Pam is at Disneyland with her DS girlfriend, I have to wait...still working. But we will go to Magic Mountain instead, on the 11th. Hope it was great, Pam, can't wait to hear all about it!!
Jane - Thanks for the support, I'm thrilled about the 2 pounds, but it just doesn't seem like much, and as for work....I think I worry too much, even the boss wasn't very upset about it. Wheew!!!
Marti - I love it when my kids bring me flowers, I know it must have brightened your day!! They just seem to get sweeter as time flies by!!
Ellen - So glad you came back...Pam talks kindly about you...looking foward to getting to know you. Hope you are feeling better today!!
Susan - Hang in there!! And enjoy your time with Gaby.

The rest of you ladies Have a Great Day and Keep Smiling!!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #32  
GmaTo8

Happy Hump Day, ladies,

Sue - I don't like them, but I personally would eat all the brussel sprouts and asparagus I wanted since they are free foods when raw, and can't be much worse when cooked. I don't count veggies like that, or even carrots, since I am positive they weren't the reason I got fat, lol.

Dee - wish I was at Disneyland with Pam!! I've never been there, although I have been to Disney World in Florida 5 times, and will be going back. Two pounds is like 8 sticks of butter! Does that image make it seem like more?

Hi to Terri, Marti and Susan, too, and all the Jaded Ladies!

Katie bought an iPod mini last night with some of her graduation money. It's real sharp - kind of a lavenderish pink, and I can't believe all the things it does! Now I sort of want one, too, lol.

We've got a bumper crop of ripe strawberries, and lettuce, green onions and radishes galore! Wish I could share with you guys.

Have a good one!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #33  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good morning everyone!

Well i agree with you Marti.. we have been out enjoying the weather here too! The lawn grows so fast this time of year seems lioke we are always mowing it.

Susan.. That lawyer doesnt seem very professional... is there any others around you could get? Man i would have a heart attack every time that guy picked up my kid!!!

Jane: I love brussel sprouts and asparagus!.. Call me crazy! I just cant buy them all the time becasue they are expensive.

Dee: Hi there... My kids think dandilions are flowers and i always get handfuls of them!! lol oh well i guess they try

Hello Cristi and Ellen and Suetalks.. and Pam and Katy and Katie and anyone i might have missed.. hope you are having a good week! TTFN xxoo
Old 05-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning..Jane, you are probably right. They can't do much harm can they? We love vegetables and fruit...the only thing that is going to get us through this week. I figure after the week I will be used to the diet and it will be easier.

Going shopping with my mom and aunt today. Looks like a sunny breezy day, so should be nice.

I will report in tonight.

Oh yeah, I lost 2 pounds since last Wed. woo hoo...
Old 05-25-2005, 02:18 PM   #35  
RosieKate

Jane and Sue- I just returned from New Seasons (our organic grocery) w/ tons of fruits and vegetables. You know, I never count the calories on vegetables unless they have a dressing or something like that... I just eat away! I just harvested our first radishes from the backyard garden...going to have some chard soon, atoo, but the strawberries are limping along. This is my second year with these plants...do I need to give them a few more years to start producing? I bet once they start, I'll wonder what I ever worried about

Susan - sorry the weekend was so stressful for you...hopefully the settlement conference will improve things...when do you meet?

Marti - Jhanai sounds like such a lovely young lady- I hope my DD is just as pleasant when she hits the "tweenage" years.

You want to watch something to put you off junk food forever? We just saw Supersize Me on DVD this weekend. I even let DS8 watch it. With the exception of one scene, which I skipped over with the remote, the movie seemed to be appropriate. There's some exploration of school lunch programs and soda machines, etc in schools. Really opened his eyes. I wasn't too surprised....none of us would be as we are all pretty hip to good nutrition. What scares me is how many people just don't have a clue about nutrition.....

Old 05-25-2005, 03:02 PM   #36  

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies--

Jane--I'm so glad that Katie had a wonderful party!! And a great gift to buy from the graduation money! ipods are great. I'm wanting one. James has one, but it's bigger than what I would want. He got it to keep all his files on the rules from work on it. Those things are amazing!

Terri--The weather is FABULOUS here! And it's about time. My mood needed some sun! Have great time w/your little one out there playing around!

Dee--Sorry you didn't get to go to Disney w/Pam!! How fun to go to Magic Mountain though. I would enjoy going to any of those kinds of places. I agree about kids getting sweeter. She is just perfect! I just love her to pieces!!

Susan--How come he got Gaby 3weekends in a row? And this weekend is a three day weekend...does he get her for the whole three days? I hope you get to spend some of the weekend w/her.

Sue--I was going to mention eating as many veggies as you want as long as you're not topping them w/dressings or cheese or what have you. I LOVE asparagus. I usually lightly steam them, but I've been wanting to try and grill them. May do that soon.

Katy--Your DD WILL be a sweetheart as she gets older! She already sounds like a sweetie!! And so does your son. Now, how are you liking the sunshine?? It's suppose to get up to the 80's here. Which means I need to get outside and wash my car!!

Cristi--How scary about your weather! Here I'm talking about our sun and your hiding from possilbe tornados!! I hope it all clears up soon and you get to enjoy the weather.

Ellen--How are you doing? I had a great weekend...as I usually do. This weekend I might be going to a meeting for the Relay for Life Walk. That will happen next month. I say might because if James is home, then I plan on just being w/him instead of running around. I hardly get to see him as it is....all time spent is a cherished time. Same w/Jhanai.

Hello to everyone I may have missed.

I'm off to wash my car and weed the yard if James bought some string for the weed wacker!! Gotta enjoy this sunshine!

Have a great day!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

HI ladies~

Sorry, for yet another quickie, just been busy. But did want to check in and say Hi to everyone.

Went to see Monster-In-Law today after Wal-Mart. Must say I was a little disappointed, but then not...never cared for J-Lo as an asctress so wasn't impressed. Just went to see it because DD wanted to. I picked the last one. Jane Fonda and Wanda Sikes was funny in parts but it was quite boring-now I know why it only got two stars! Anyway...gotta go.

See ya tomorrow!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Real fast because I have to work today.

I am reading the order that he has her Memorial weekend. I could be wrong , maybe it is just the day he has her?? He also gets her Labor day weekend, I get 4th of July.

I told him that I get the 4th of July (per the temp order) and he says " will , we haven't gotten that far".....

WhatEVER - come up with your own rules Mike.

Now my lawyer writes he doesn't have a phone number for Mike and do I have one??? lol

ummm, if they can't get their act together , we ain't having no meeting. I need to give some notice to my boss - bet sakes.

k- that is all the venting I get per day! lol

ate Gaby's nuggets and fries at McDonalds..............she is cranky/tired.Poor baby.......
Old 05-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

Back again........

Won't vent,,,,,,,,but I can rant - lol

Lawyer calls message phone and a man says that isn't Mike's message phone. I called his ex and she gave me a cell number.
Which I gave to lawyer and I called it myself. Same Mary lady that he is friends with. So , I leave a message saying he needs to call my lawyer and he also needs to check his emails.

I don't care if we have a meeting. Seems if Mike was interested he could have called my lawyer. Making us be like wild goose chasers! I asked my lawyer about Memorial weekend. Hope it is just the day and not the whole weekend.

Below is an email I wrote Mike...........hope I don't sound too angry?? lol Actually I'm not. I think I am getting to the point where I just don't care.

Hey,
Did you get my messages?
1] One was the car seat info. Gaby needs proper car seat. She is not safe in the one you have. I told you that back on March 7th. Gaby weighs 45 pounds.
I left messages where you can contact and get a low cost one through the ****** Fire Dept.
2] Gaby came home with a faint rash on her face. Now she has a rash on her arm. Noticed this Monday and the sitter did as well.
Curious about what she ate while with you? She also came home with loose BM"S and saying her tummy hurts. She complained about this with my mother too.
I would appreciate a response back. I have left messages and you never seem to get back in a timely manner.
While I understand you might not like me we still need to parent Gabrielle.

Susan
Old 05-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #40  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I have a bit of a family crisis at present I may not be here for a couple of days,I didn't want you to worry.I hope you are all fine and having a wonderful day.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

Well..another day OP, unless I go eat everything in the kitchen between now and bedtime. No, don't worry, I won't do that.

Shopping trip was fun and I found a skirt on sale. Haven't worn a skirt or dress for awhile, but wanted it for church. Just felt like something different. Went to Fazoli's for lunch and I actually passed on the bread sticks. I ate a grilled chicken pannini and left part of the bread. Mom is a pasta lover as I am, so she always wants to go there for a quick lunch. I told her that if I lose 5 pounds we will go to Olive Garden and I WILL eat a bread stick. (my reward) Hope we can do that next week.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:30 AM   #42  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies!!

Sue - yay for the 2 pounds down!! Hope you don't mind if I mention, though, that you might want to rethink rewarding yourself with food. Instead, you could try to work the food into your daily allotment. One breadstick from Olive Garden, plain, is 3 points. For rewards, you could try my favorite - jewelry! Or how about a CD, a book, a manicure, new perfume, etc?

Katy - I've been wanting to see Supersize Me, also. The only veggies I count are the starchy ones like corn, peas, etc. If we had to count tomatoes, I'd have never been able to stick with it, lol. I dearly love them and can hardly wait until they are ripe in the garden. I also can hardly wait for cantaloupe! As often as I ate it last year, I still didn't get enough, lol. There is a field of them to the left of my front yard, lol, and I plan to beat a path to it.

Marti - I never even thought about an iPod holding other files than music! Katie's will hold about 1000 songs, depending on the length. She's been having fun with it. I agree, your DD is a beautiful sweetie and you have so many more memorable times coming your way. First dates, proms, academic acheiments, etc. Makes me think of scrapbooking, lol.

Cristi - it seems there aren't any really good movies out right now. Neal and I were going to go the other night, but when I checked the listing, it was pathetic. Keep in mind, though, that we only have one theatre and it shows only 8, maximum. During the week it is less. Btw, how's the patio coming along?

Ellen - oh no! I hope the crisis is a small one and that you are back soon. (((HUGS))) for whatever it is!! If you need us, friend, we're here, ok?

Well, it's Thursday, and I'm heading to Wal-Mart afterwhile. I'd like to take a DGD with me, and will leave it up to Mary to remember whose turn it its, lol.

Other than that, not much going on. After the hectic couple of weeks I've had, I'm enjoying the still waters now.

Ciao, bellas!!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:49 AM   #43  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning!
Hello Ladies! Well my brother is moving his stuff back to my moms..(he was staying at my uncles house til he sells it) so yesterday I was moving boxes in the heat... Now today we have to do the big stuff.. Yuck,.. it is only me and him so i have to move couches and stuff. Yay... not! Ah well i am getting good exercise!

Jane: I had to go to Walmart last night for diapers.. Bought a 5 dollar baby pool for Emma t osplash in while we move stuff.. she was in it last night and she liked it.

Suetalks: I dont wear skirts often.. but i like to wear them because they hide fat really well.. lol well the long ones i wear do anyway!

Ellen: (((BIG HUGS))) that is all i can do... hope you are ok!

Susan: Well he is still a weiner.. and i think the lawyer is too lol.... Poor gabby with the rash and tummy ache.. I hate that when they come back sick..

Cristi: Ya i dont find JLo a very good actress...lol she isnt even a great singer!... But i did like her in the movie Selena.. I will give credit where credit is due;;;

Marti: WEll i got emma a pool so she should be happy... i like the heat.. but it is really hot.. I am glad the new car has air conditioning! I have to wash it today! my baby is dirty lol

Katy: I saw supersize me.. that was really gross... i stopped eating fast food for a while after that.. now i try to get subway when we eat out!

WEll Hello to everyone!! hope you have a more relaxing thursday then i will have... think of me lifting all that stuff lol TTFN xxoo

Old 05-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #44  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

A very good, Thursday morning ladies!

Wow, finally a free day, sort of...need to catch up on straightening the house but other than that, a lazy day for me.

Tuesday, V was home and we spent the day outdoors working in the yard. Figuring out where our property line is and marking it. He dug where the posts will go for the fence and then is getting an auger Saturday to dig the rest of the way down. Will do the posts Sunday and then work on the pickets through out the week. Glad to finally see the fence go up! Of course Wednesday was run around day, jeez! Was nice to relax at a movie but just wish it had been a good one.

Jane~patio won't be finished completely for about a month. The concrete squares are down and we will do the brick within the next month. First we have to decide what kind & color of brick we want, keep changing our minds. But we did get the patio table and chairs put down there Tuesday and V put the swing together. Just need to finish the brick, get a new BBQ grill and some potted flowers and enjoy. Actually, I've been enjoying it since we put the furniture down there-love the swing.

Terri~there was a time I did like J-Lo's music, but not anymore. I think that whole Benifer thing ruined it for me. Really tired fast of always hearing about their every move. I liked Selena also, and thought she was okay in Anaconda and that's about it. Emma is going to love the swimming pool. Hey, I too love brussel sprouts! Hate aspargus though, ick! Take it easy on helping your brother move and be careful.

Susan~it sure seems like there could be something someone could do about that whole situation. It's just not right that Mike is doing what he damn well pleases and getting away with it! Jeez, louise! Hope Gaby is better now.

Sue~WTG on the 2 lbs. and staying OP! Olive Garden is a good reward! Yummy

Katy~I saw Supersize Me, most of it. It's been on cable off and on for the last month or two. Was just on again last night. I guess it would take a lot to phase me and keep me from eating junk/fast food. it's too hard to not grab something when on the run.

Ellen~(((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. We are here for you.

Marti~they do grow up too fast! I still can't believe how old my kids are now-makes me feel old sometimes!

Hi to everyone else

Such an ugly day today. Got more rain last night and it is cloudy today. The other night when we got those bad storms, the hail damaged V's window on his truck and all three of their (DH, DS#1 & DS#2) trucks/car got some damage. It's not bad and you can barely see it, unless you are right on top of it. Glad it wasn't worse and my car was in the garage! I took pictures of it, not sure if they will turn out. It was bigger than I have seen in a while here.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-26-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning. So far my plans for today are just to go to the bank. Big fun, huh? But of course, when your DH is home all the time, plans are subject to change. He might pop his head in the door and ask me to run to the hardware or the lumber yard. Never know. He is busy with a project for DGS's 16th birthday.

Jane, You are right on the reward. It is just that right now I can't think of anything I want more than a juicy hamburger or lots of breadsticks. LOL. I am going to have the hamburger sans bun on Mon. so that is something to look forward to. Along with dieting we are trying to cut down on red meat and processed foods. That eliminates a lot. I too love tomatoes and can't wait for them to arrive at the fruit stands. I really love any kind of melon too. This week we have had grapes, strawberries, apples and bananas. Just can't wait for the Indiana fruits and vegetables.

Terri, I used to wear skirts all the time when I worked at a bank. Maybe I will find that I am more comfortable in them again. I have been so much the "stay at home" and live in jeans or capris. Actually cleaned out my closet and found only 1 dress....now that's sad. (and I didn't know that I had so many dress-up slacks)

Have a good day everyone....
Closed Thread