Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #16  
Closed

HAPPY SUNDAY LADIES
Just popping in to say Hi , woke up with a big headache that won't go away , so I have to go lay down for a bit, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend
Old 05-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday!!

Beautiful post Ellen!!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

It is a beautiful post Ellen. I don't know how you do that clip art, would love to learn.

*sigh*

3 hours and counting until Gaby comes home. After Friday I called his message phone and asked if he would call to let me know if they made is safely. No word.
I called the next day (Saturday - I know. I shouldn't have but he annoys me.......actually, I wanted to know where Gaby was.)
I just said that my lawyer had answered the question if he was required to tell me where he was staying if visitation wasn't going to be at his home??

The answer was yes, an address and telephone number.

If you remember Mike just said " I don't have to tell you that."

blah - blah.....

I went out to dinner with his ex and visited for 3 hours. She is a very interesting lady, a true survivor. He started a relationship with her when she was 14 ( he was 27). They kept it a secret til she was 16 and legally became an adult, when they started living together. They were married when she turned 18 and divorced at 23. He was very abusive. Hung her over a bridge and threatened to push her off. Only to pull her back in and say he was sorry.......and do it all over again. She said this went on and on,,,,,,,seemed a long time.

Anyway, this is all icky stuff.

I just want Gaby home.

He gets her Memorial weekend but if he doesn't say anything I am keeping my mouth shut ( I know......hard to fathom, eh??? lol)

Weighing in at 149, craving beans sooooooooooo bad.

Early day tomorrow at work so better get my housework done before Gabster gets home.

I bought her the cutest things at Goodwill
Old 05-22-2005, 07:55 PM   #19  

Just popping in......

Susan--It really bothers me to hear that you have no idea where Gaby is and that the lawyers arent' don't anything to insure that you ALWAYS know where she's at!! (is it possible you need a new lawyer?) Who is to know if he decided to take off??

And w/his past history w/his ex!!!! OMG!! He sounds like a predator, turned abuser once she was of age.

Let us know when Gaby gets home, I will feel so much better knowing she's home safe w/her mother!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:22 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good Monday morning, ladies!!

Karey - aww, your friend is going to need some help!! So your little one is walking, huh? As they get older and older, their care becomes easier. I remember being glad when each child of mine could put on their own shoes and coats, lol.

Pam - Yay for free gas!!

Cristi - hope you had a good weekend.

Marti - omg, I've got so many photos to sort through!! I had the camera with me, around my wrist, during almost the whole party! It is only as big as a deck of cards, so that was no problem. Anyway, I got some great shots and will share once I've got them lined out. Hope you had a great weekend with Jhanai.

Terri - my parents sold Raleigh products on the side, after my dad retired. Those products are very similar to Watkins, I believe.

Susan - I have to say my big ol' butt would be in jail now for contempt of court because I don't think I could let my child go with someone like Mike to who-knows-where, but I know you're stuck between a rock and a hard place! Damned if you do, and damned if you don't! I'm with Marti - I think you need a new lawyer, especially after the conversation you had with him where it sounded like he was more for Mike than for you. The whole situtation is weird and just doesn't stack up. What does your mom say about it all?

Ellen - hope you're feeling better! Maybe you could relax by a pool, and let the lifeguard, who looks like Brad Pitt, rub suntan oil all over you. Would that make your headache go away?

Well, I made it through the weekend! Katie's graduation ceremony and party was so cool and she was so happy. As I said to Marti, I took a bazillion pictures and will share once I sort through them all.

What are you gonna do today? I plan to just veg out, lol!

Ciao, bellas!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:56 AM   #21  
Closed

GOOD MORNING LADIES
I think I might have eaten something bad , I have been awake since 5am with an upset tummy and headache, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I might have eaten.

GOOD MORNING JANE
So happy to hear your party went well, I am looking forward to seeing those pictures , sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. I don't think even Brad could fix the way I feel today, but if you have a connection to him , send him on over and I will give it a try I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing day

GOOD MORNING SUSAN
Did little Gaby get home safe and sound, I can't understand what court would allow a father in the middle of a custody situation , take a small child , without the mother having access to where she is being taken, something is wrong here, I am with Marti and Jane, no one would be taking my child anyway under those circumstances, maybe you should look into another lawyer is working on your behalf, because it doesn't sound like this one is.I feel so bad for you , I would be so frightened from the time she left me, till she came home I would be beside myself, I didn't mean that to upset you more, its just there are so many reasons for you to be weary of the currant situation,. Let us know that Gaby is home , and I hope she enjoys the things you got for her. I hope your having a great day

MORNING MARTI
I hope you had a wonderful weekend, , did you get to do anything special or did you just get to relax,either way I hope your having a great weekend

HELLO TO ALL YOU OTHER GIRLS I HOPE YOUR HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND
Old 05-23-2005, 01:49 PM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies

Not much to say...had to run to the library and return some books. Did check out a couple more, not sure why when I have lots here to read and then bough some while at the bookstore a few days ago. Didn't sleep very well last night and I am very sleepy right now. We had some bad thunderstorms move through and was up till 2:30, a lot of hail. Goofy me of course had to take pics of it, almost covered the deck and I was waiting for a tornado! Don't like, nor will I ever get used to this kind of weather. Give me the earthquakes anyday! Was out cleaning up the mess. Thank goodness it wasn't bad and we didn't lose any trees! Definitely won't have to water the yard for at least a week, and if it rains tomorrow and Wednesday...won't have to for another week.

Susan~ditto what everyone else said about Mike, and the lawyer. (((((HUGS))))) to you and Gaby.

Ellen~hope you get to feeling better. I had something like that a few weeks ago-had me in bed the whole weekend.

Hi to everyone else.

I'm going to try and take a quick nap once I start a load of laundry. May be back later, not sure. Anyway, take care and have a good day everyone!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:48 PM   #23  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon, depending on where you are.
Ellen, I did the rise part, but the shine part, I'm not so sure. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Jane, Congrats to you and of course to Katie. Can't wait to see the pictures. I just know that you put on a great party and hope it didn't exhaust you too much. Me, I usually do okay for a couple days after a big event, then I feel a day of "let down." Where I just have to rest and collect all those stray thoughts. Anyway, I bet you are excited to be helping make those college plans.

Cristi, Wow, big storms it sounds like. We are having wonderful, sunny weather right now. I am actually going to go out and pull a few weeds and then walk.

Susan, I must say I agree with what has been said. I know you have to abide by the courts rulings, and that is not always easy. I wonder how many of the judges or lawyers would allow their child to go off and not know where they were? Makes me so darn mad!! But then, having been thorugh this with DD and DGS I can say, there are a lot of things that don't make sense and more that make me mad!

I hope all the JL's had wonderful week-ends.

We spent Sat. with DBL that finally got home from his ordeals. He spent over 3 months in the hospital and nursing home. That was great. DGS came to spend Sat. night with us. He and I went to church Sun. then shopping in the afternoon. Nice to spend time with him.

Diet and exercise is on track and I am hoping for a good weigh in on Wed.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:23 PM   #24  
Dee

Cool

Hello Ladies,

I'm still here...just been busy. I tried to post on Sat. but the darn pc went buggy and I lost it all.

Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend, mine starts on Wed. Lost 2 more pounds, will weigh in with Pam again on Wed. Work is going...had my first oops...hurt my pride more than anything else....they say it happens to the best of us. Just not to me again, I hope.

Well, gotta run and get ready for work. Will be back later!!

Keep Smiling and have a great day!!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:15 AM   #25  

Really quick post as I am SO tired!!

I had a GREAT weekend!! So looking forward to more great weather!!

Jhanai picked me a bouquet of roses from our yard yesterday...she even trimmed off the thorns! Such a sweet girl!

I will catch up more tomorrow morning.

Goodnight ladies!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

Good morning, oh Jaded Ones!!

Ellen - thanks, I did mostly just rest and generally goof off yesterday. Hope your tummy is better today. Well, I got ahold of Bad, but he said Angelina won't let him leave, so I guess we'll have to find someone else to rub suntan lotion on you.

Cristi - we had hail here last week, and it damaged my hostas! It always scares me when I see hail, because I know there is usually a tornado nearby. Hope you got rested up yesterday. Noticed you have your ticker back again. Good vibes are being sent to you, friend!! :

Sue - glad your BIL is fanally home and that you got to spend time with DGS. My DGS from Mississippi will be visiting Mary and Dale for a month, starting on Father's Day. I'll sure be glad to see him. That is, if his mom doesn't change her mind again.

Dee - aww, sorry about the oops! Hope the damage wasn't too bad. YAY for 2 more pounds down! You're doing great!!

Marti - yep, Jhanai is a sweetie pie! And she's growing up entirely too fast!! Before you know it, we'll be talking about her graduation instead of Katie's! Hope you got rested.

Wow, we were a tired bunch yesterday, weren't we? I did get all rested and feel great today!

Need to tackle Mt. Washmore and do some ironing today, too. Later I'll be taking Mackenzie the 6 y/o to her next-to-last swim lesson. The instructor said she's doing great, considering she didn't even want to get her head under water on the 1st lesson.

Well, I'm starvin' like Marvin, so need to get off here and go get some breakfast and coffee. See you lovely ladies later!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:07 AM   #27  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Hello Everyone! WEll had a good week-end. Went to the cottage on Saturday perfect weather.. The kids played by the lake all afternoon.. then had a good supper! I am soo tired! lol i was going to tell you about the rest of teh week-end but i think i am going to lay down and come back later.... Hope everyone had a good week-end! ttfn xxoo
Old 05-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #28  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane...can you answer a diet question for me?
How many stalks of asparagus would equal a cup? Same question with brussel sprouts...lots of veggies are hard to measure. I know I can cut them up and do it, but if I go out and get served asparagus I want to be able to eye-ball it, you know? This might be the most stupid question you have been asked.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

Good afternoon,

Congrats Dee on the weight loss~ and welcome. I forgot to say that earlier.

Congrats to Katie too, forgot to say that as well.

Don't know anything about asparagus Sue, sounds yummy though.

I have been reading a book titled Espresso for the Soul. I don't think that is correct but close enough. Anyway it is a good book and the author is from Portland. I was going to call the church she talks about in the book and see if she was still there. It is a inspirational type book and one thing she wrote about acceptance hit home.

I am driving myself nuts with this Mike thing. As much as I have tried , I can't control it!!! lol and I want too.

Gaby came home on time Sunday night. His ex had called saying he was suppose to be at a church thing to see his other daughter at 6 pm.

They showed up at 7 pm. Gaby was walking up the stairs outside and I called out her name and she turned and ran. I missed her sooooooooooo much.

He gets her Memorial Dy weekend and so that will be 3 weekends in a row, torture??????? Yes........right to my heart.

It is frustrating to see her come home and it takes me days to get her back in the groove. She does like her new sitter and I left her playing in the yard running around in the sun, she looks so cute.

Predator? Actually Marti his ex used the same word on him herself. She said she was worried about my daughters when I was with him because her mother had a relationship with him before he started one with her. That she always called him Uncle Mike, he was family to her growing up.
Mike is sick, no doubt in my mind on that.

With that said below is the last email from my lawyer. Working on helping Mike get a carseat. Next I will be told to give him mine. lol

Dear Susan: Ok, bring your friend. And yes, Mike needs to give you his home #. Car seat: you can ask for it back, but better if you just buy him a new one. Give a little. I doubt if he will buy one himself, although we can, of course, require in the order that he use a proper car seat. I'll work on the 27th - AM, correct?
Also, please forgive me on two accounts: First, for asking for another copy of your 2004 tax return and W-2, which I had misplaced (it was in my basket to be filed), and secondly, for calling you "S****" on, I'm sure, more than one occasion. I never used to do that, and I honestly think that my brain surgery (or the pain meds) has caused me to do screwy things like that. I apologize.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #30  

Another fly by from me!!

Been out enjoying the weather instead of being couped up in the house on the computer. The sun is shining here in Oregon and it's brightening my attitude!!

My weekend was fabulous. Enjoyed every minute w/Jhanai. She's growing so fast and I can see her personality growing too. We rearranged her room this weekend. She wanted it more teenage friendly instead of little girl. Can't believe it!!

Yesterday I spent some time w/James when he got home. He was gone all weekend. We worked on our yard...mowing and weeding. Will more of it later on this week.

Ok...sorry for no individuals at the moment....I will try to after work!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread