Old 06-17-2005, 08:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, all--

Charlotte, glad you're feeling better after your treatment and that you can still continue to have them. Congratulations to your GD!! What a great accomplishment, and she was so determined. Reminds me of the gymnast who won a gold for the team despite a broken ankle. That's great news about a potential scholarship, too. I never watch the Super Bowl, but will have to so I can see the cheerleaders. I bet your whole family is just thrilled. That's so cute about Dolly Parton. She seems like a pretty regular person (except for one part of her anatomy--my, oh, my!), and very nice, too. What a cute kitty graphic--hope SunnyD gets on to see it.

Diane, sounds like you enjoyed hanging out with your granddaughter. All too soon it will be hard to remember when she was that small. My two good friends are almost 5' tall (so they like to say!), and I'm 5'9" tall so we look pretty funny together. Congratulations to your GS on his 4th place win! Is he going to raise another? Hope your A/C is working well!

We're off to Seattle tomorrow to take my Dad out to dinner and watch Wheel and Jeopardy with him, then we'll see him in the morning on Sunday before heading back. He hasn't called in a while so he must be okay. I'm wondering if he's still using the walker. I need to remember to get a checkbook from him in case he ever has to go back into the hospital, although I'm praying that doesn't happen. Gotta be prepared, though. My son is also coming for dinner, and he said he might be bringing someone. Since he rarely lets us meet the women he dates, this should be interesting.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:50 PM   #77  

Hello friends,
No time for graphics. I'm trying to get packed to leave early tomorrow morning
for our vacation to Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg! I'm so tired, but still have a lot to do.

I'll miss you all!! Not sure what day we'll be back. I'll post soon as I can.

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlotte
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #78  

Default Hi Girls! I'm Resurfaced!

Hi Sheila, Bonnie, Bonnie2, Charlotte, Sunny D, Candlelady, and everyone else I may have missed,
I know some of you don't know who i am, but i had to stop in and let you oldies know how my hip surgery went.

I had the surgery in Columbia, SC on June 1st, and got out of the hospital Saturday, June 4th.
The surgery went well. I stayed in South carolina until June 11th just in case something might go wrong.
That horrible osteoarthritis pain in gone and I recommend this surgery to anyone who is told they need a hip replacement. It's a much quicker recovery and you don't have all the restrictions for the rest of your life like you do with a total hip replacement. You can cross your legs, squat, do anything you used to do before you had osteoarthritis. And you don't have to get the head of your femur amputated like with a THR.

I started driving my car yesterday. I go for a four-block walk every day now, and Wednesday I'm going to increase it to six blocks, and increase it by that much every week.
The surgeon said I should be walking a mile at a time without use of cane or crutches by the time I go back for my 6-week check-up.
Right now, I still have some muscle pain in my groin when I sit for a while then stand up and walk. It lasts for about the first 6 to 10 steps. Otherwise I walk around the house without the use of a cane or anything. When I walk outside I use a cane now instead of a walker, and that's more for balance than to relieve pain.

I still limp but that's mostly because the muscles are weak from being cut during the surgery. I have a six inch scar.

I feel wonderful. I have much more energy now. But I can't use it yet, that's the bummer.
I have to wait till the hip capsule heals together again before I can squat and cross my legs etc. That should be by the six week time.

I hope you're all doing well too. More later. Take care! .....
willow_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:54 PM   #79  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face Helllllooooo....

Okay... I went all the way back from my last post to you all I sure have missed you!!! I really didn't mean to be away so long, time just flew by!!! I just cannot believe all the STUFF we have going on, I am exhausted... but am so glad for my health that I may enjoy all we are doing. I finally called my Dr. & I go on August 8th for a FULL Physical... hopefully, she'll have only GOOD news for me I did have a bad spell last week where I cried my eyes out for a good hour... I cannot remember the last time I did that I just felt so overwhelmed with everything I had to get done and the places we had to be. I really needed a break and will be getting it this week and into the weekend. Joe is taking off tomorrow for our 30th Anniversary & we will have a easy very enjoyable day together. Then we'll be going to dinner with Joe's sister, Anne, & her hubby, Mike... that'll be great! The restaurant is a Fondue restaurant... a bit of Retro... Fun!!

My parents are doing very well today! Yeah!!! I spoke to my Father yesterday for Father's Day and he was having a good day and his feet are almost all healed up now. And my Mother is doing well and still under Dr's care for her Bile Duct, she has passed the stone that was causing the pain but is now on meds for guess what!? IBS! ( gee, I wonder where I get it from... both my parents have it!) She is also on a very low fat diet and is doing very well. Thank-you again for all your beautiful thoughts & prayers for them!

Well gals... I am now connected with SBCYahoo! DSL and so happy with it!!! I am amazed with the speed. I load graphics now in a blink and the DSL will make posting so much easier... no waiting! Yeah! It took me some time to get everything switched over, but all is flowing nicely now

*~*~*

Hi Sheila, How was your visit with your DF for Father's Day? I bet he was in his glory having you visit him And I hope that all went well. Sounds like you are breaking in your new dining-room table nicely... How was your DS's dinner date? Do you approve?

Looks like you are doing a great job with your exercising!! Joe & I have 15 miles in right now for the month of June and that's not high at all, but we are out there every morning by 5:15am and I am seeing benefits for us both! Joe's BP is back to normal and I am seeing some results in how my clothes are fitting... nice! Plus I have been kept very busy elsewhere, so that is helping keep me physically active too. WoW! I bet you are down even more since your last post to me!!! Keep up the great job.

How life been treating you & hubby in your new home these days? Will you be sharing any pictures of what you have done.. I'd really like to see.

That garden tour sounded really nice! Bet it gives you allot of new ideas for your yard. As for the kitty turbo scratcher... I have never heard of it! What is it? I bet my boys would love it too!!

OMG!!!! I can't even imagine how your sister must have felt having her home robbed, nevermind losing such valuable things!!!! I am so sorry to hear that! Do you think she'll ever recover them? I just couldn't imagine!!!

Wednesday I will be helping my girlfriend out with her hubby's 50th birthday celebration. She works full-time and doesn't have allot of time to get invites done and plans made, so I am helping her. She's planning a *Christmas in July* party for him and everything will be decorated for Christmas... so that's gonna be fun.

Hi Diane, That baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!! My Joe even commented on how perfect her features & skin are - not all babies a beautiful, either... some have to grow into their skin. But not this baby - just perfect! Do you know that little Emilee is the same birth wt .that my baby was? So neat! I am very happy for you and for your family!!! *Thank-you* so much for sharing your pictures with us!!!! Babies have such a hard time adjusting to a sleep schedule in the beginning, not knowing day from night till they are taught. Maybe if she keeps the baby awake more during the day, she'll sleep better for her at night.

Congrats to your DGS and his piggy prize!

Oh my goodness... how sad! I am sorry for your DD having to go to her friends funeral for that reason - how terribly sad...

waving back

Hi Charlotte, Aren't you the sweetest! I have missed you and the other gals very much also and promise not to stay away so long next time... I just don't know where the time went!

I am so happy for your nurse friend - in that the Dr's think they got all the cancer! Awesome! I pray she recovers fully from this. How did everything go with the replacement nurse?

JOB
of your Granddaughters!!! You have bragging rights I am so happy for her!

You are so very welcome for your siggy... she just fit you How do you like your juicer? I luv mine!! I just read that you are on your vacation... I hope you are having a fantastic time!!! You deserve it!

Belated Anniversary wishes for your and hubby

Hi Bluet, I'd love to come for a visit one day How have you been?? Having some nice weather finally? We had some very HOT & MUGGY weather here last week, but it's really nice today... clear & a sunny 78* I have to get some weeding done also... I spent all day yesterday potting all my annuals - they look so nice. I won't have a veggie garden as I hoped to this year, just ran out of time and now most garden ctrs don't have anything left in that category. We hope to get the veggie box garden ready this fall for next Spring... I will miss my tomatoes & peppers this fall

My nephews Wedding was absolutely Beautiful!!! But the reception was another story It was 94* and as thick w/ humidity, so hot and muggy!!! The reception was outdoors under a pavilion and most dressed for the inside thinking they would be in AC. I felt bad for all those in long sleeves and suits... I was in a sundress and as comfy as I could be in oppressive weather. I will share a few pics later of the groom & his bride @ the reception

How was your Father's Day with the kids? I hope it was a great day for you...

Hi Bonnie2, I am so glad that you are feeling so much better now!! I can just imagine the pain you were in! I think there's nothing worse then mouth-pain...

Hi Willow, My neighbor had hip surgery a few months back and is recovering well from it... I am so glad to hear that you are also recovering well from yours, you sound like a NEW person!! I am so happy for you You must have been in such pain for a long time...

*~*~*

God's Blessing on you all and know that you are
always in God's thoughts & mine
*Smiles*

<><
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #80  
I can and I will do it!

Wink

So glad to see you back Sunny sounds like you are one busy woman. You don't need to bite off more than you can chew it is too stressful, been there done that. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!! Enjoy your day together. So glad to hear your parents are doing well too. Thank you for the nice compliment about our little Emilee, of course we think she is beautiful.

Willow good to hear your surgery went well, come back more often.

Sheila how was your Father doing? I know he enjoyed your visit sure hope it went well.

Charlotte hope you are having a good time on your trip.

Bonnie 2 and Bluet how are you girls? Check in and let us know.

Gary just left to go fishing so think I will finish on here and go for my walk. It is so nice out this morning. The weather has been brutal the last few days and is to continue on into the week end. I don't remember if I told you but I have been walking 2 1/4 mi. every day. I have to go early before it heats up but I am up so it doesn't matter. I feel so much better if only I could get Gary to go with me.

I have a busy day planned today with doing some grocery shopping being at the top of the list. I am still doing WW and loving it. I have only lost 4 1/2 lbs. but at least it is a start.

Sunny how do you put your graphics in among your text? If you have time pm and let me know, I love the way you and Charlotte do yours.

Hugs to all....Diane
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:30 PM   #81  

I finally have a free night as mil went to visit her other son & family overnite tonight with sister who has been here a few days, busy house lately.
the abscess problem is gone, now for some reason I have an allergy rash that itches like mad & I'm on pills, cream & got a steroid shot. never been sick & nowone thing after another.
I try to keep on your posts. like hearing from each of you. glad to hear about your hip feeling good now willow. hi to all. Bonnie2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #82  

Hello!

Charlotte, hope you're having fun on your minivacation. Can't wait to hear how much fun you had and if you saw any famous people.

Willow, so glad the surgery was a success! That's wonderful that the pain is gone. Isn't that the pits that you have lots of energy now, but can't use it? Oh, well, that will happen soon enough. We'll be hearing about your first 10K race soon, right? Okay, at least let us know when you get to the one mile mark--we're cheering you on! When can you start swimming again? Maybe that will help build up the muscles.

SunnyD, it's so good to see you back. I'm glad you're healthy enough to be able to enjoy everything you're doing, although I don't like to hear that you're getting overwhelmed. Happy anniversary! Hope you had a great, relaxing day. So are we all June brides or something? And I thought I read that August is the month for weddings. I think I would have collapsed if I had gone to your nephew's reception. Glad you were smart enough to wear a sundress.

Diane, when do we get to see more photos of that beautiful baby? I don't think you did mention that you've been walking so much--good for you! So how early is early? Congratulations on your loss at Weight Watchers. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It certainly works if you put the effort into it (which I didn't do this weekend at all ).

Bonnie2, boy, you really are going from one thing to another. Glad your mouth is feeling better, though. I wonder if you developed some kind of allergy to the medication you were taking for your mouth, or did the rash come much later? Hope it feels better soon. I got a touch of poison oak a couple of weeks ago, and that itched so bad so I understand how you feel.

My Dad has been doing pretty well. His big toe still hasn't healed from over two months ago, but that's what happens with diabetes. He didn't use his walker at all when he was with us. We took him out for dinner, then watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy with him. His room was so hot that my DH felt like he was going to faint, but we made it through. The next day we went to breakfast alone, walked by the water, then went to see my Dad for a while. We had a nice visit out in the courtyard. He's decided to stay put in Seattle. Oh, he said that there is live music at the facility every couple of weeks, and he asks the "girls" to dance. He said he just sits in a chair, and they dance around him. He said all but one of the "girls" he's asked to dance has said yes. My Dad the Casanova!

We're going to put in a new front door. It's the one at this link made out of fir, with opaque glass rather than the "stained" glass pictured.

http://www.simpsondoor.com/catalog/c...ionNumber=6872

The door we have now is kind of cheesy and it doesn't let in any light so the entry is really dark. Hopefully the estimates won't be over our budget. After the door, we're going to be done with major fix-ups for a while.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Sheila53; 06-21-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #83  

Smile

Good Afternoon!

Hi Diane, *Thank-you so much for the Anniversary Wishes* We had a Beautiful 30th Anniversary yesterday And we had a very relaxed and refreshing day *at home* we decided not to go anywhere till dinner - the weather was Beautiful!! Perfect, in fact We just putts around in our yard all day together... went for a nice walk, talking about what we want to do in the future together - that kinda stuff... Then we met Joe's sister, Anne, & hubby... Mike, for dinner at a Fondue Restaurant --> that was FUN!!! And what Great tasting food & Good company we had!!!! It really felt great to have a kick-back day like that... actually, it is pretty quiet all this week & weekend for me and I am loving it!!! My girlfriend cancelled our evening tonight, so we'll get to stay home this evening I am so looking forward to that!! I told my hubby we needed to chill out a bit - he realizes that it's been a whirlwind of activities the last 2 months and that we both need to catch up with ourselves... that's why we are looking forward to the nice quiet weekend coming up.

That is GREAT that you are walking!! How many miles have you walked for June? I log it on a calendar each day. Joe & I walk every morning now but Sunday (our day of rest) and we have in 18 Miles for June as of this morning. We only walk 1.5 miles a day right now and hopefully in July we'll kick it up a bit to 2.25 miles a day again. With all our activities we barely get in the 1.5 right now We usually walk in the mornings - getting up at 5am to head out the door by 5:15am, so he can get to work on time. I will say a prayer that your Gary will go with you It really is so nice to have someone walk with you, especially your hubby - we talk allot over while we walk... not to mention Joe is doing so much better

in losing 4.5 lbs Diane!!! That's nothing to sneeze at girl!! Keep up the great job!

Hi Bonnie2, I too am glad to hear that you are feeling better... hope your rash goes away soon! How nice that you got a bit of a break and MIL went to visit someone else... hope you enjoyed it

Hi Sheila, It's good to be back... I MISSED you all allot!!!!! I really didn't mean to be away so long... time just got away from me *Thanks for the Anniversary Wishes* Joe & I had such a nice day together... and YES... very relaxing, we loved it! And the weather was perfect too!! A nice 75*, Sunny with a breeze and No HUMIDITY... just perfect!

Your NEW front door is *BEAUTIFUL* - just beautiful... I bet you cannot wait to have it installed. Will you be sharing any pictures of your home with us - and your new dining-room table, etc... I'd sure love to see.

I am so glad to hear that your DF is doing so well, not using his walker - cool. I know what you mean about his toe... that's what happened with my father and his foot! He too has diabetes and it has taken it over 3 months to heal up --- I hope your DF heals up soon. It sounds like your dad is getting use to his home now and enjoying what they have to offer ---> that has to put your mind to rest! I'm so glad for you and your DF aka Casanova

Charlotte, I too hope that you are having a WONDERFUL TIME on your mini vacation... I cannot wait to hear about all the fun things you did!!!

Bluet... do you think that you will ever come back to us?? I sure do MISS seeing you coming around here!! Please try to stop in more often, even if it's brief. I am gonna try to stop in more regualrly. I hope this post finds you well!!!

*~*~*

I didn't do a whole lot today - felt tired today for some reason... just enjoyed the quiet and the sounds of the outdoors coming in today and caught up with my e-mails
I was so far behind

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #84  

Hi,

SunnyD, it sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. I'm glad you're having such a nice relaxing week after all your recent activities. Did the kitties enjoy having Joe home, too? You know, my DH and I also talk about our future and the upcoming year on our anniversaries.

Today I went to the animal shelter, which I've been trying to do at least once a week. I walk a couple of dogs around the park, which takes about 25 minutes each time. If the paperwork is correct, these two dogs hadn't been walked for about two weeks, poor guys. They were listed as being pretty high energy, but I felt pretty good today so I thought I'd go for it. Actually, they weren't too bad. Not like the second dog I ever walked there that was listed as being easy to walk and he about tore my arm out of the socket. Also petted the most beautiful little cat. She was so petite, which I'm not used to since I have three big bruisers (two girls and a boy). This little cat was a Persian mix so she had great big amber eyes and the flat, but not too flat, face. She was a light orange stripe. When one of my cats got up on the counter tonight, my DH told her we'd be trading her in for this cat if she didn't stop countersurfing!! Don't worry--we're all talk and no action. So with the hour long water aerobics and the 50 minutes of dog walking, I got quite a bit of exercise in today.

Hi to Diane, Bonnie2, and Bluet (Bluet, DO NOT pull a Fatpuss on us!). I can't wait to hear how Charlotte's trip went.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:04 PM   #85  

Smile

Hi Sheila, Guess it's you and me right now kid

Oh yes! The cats really hate it when we are busy like that and it shows! They love sitting with us in the evenings and we haven't been home, so they have been pestering us more during the night - funny how attached they are to us. And they show how they miss us too! Very unlike cats, but I have said before... they don't know that they are cats

That is so very sad to know that many animals don't get the TLC that they need in life! My heart aches for them... thank the Lord for people like YOU!!!! Giving of your time. You sure do get in your exercise!!! Joe & I have been walking every morning and have 21 miles in for June so far... not as high as in the past, but we also have been very busy, so it works for us. It feels great to have a quiet week this week.

Tomorrow is my Joe's 52nd Birthday and we'll be going out in the evening to celebrate at the *Olive Garden* with our best buds, Mike & Peggy... it will be so much fun!!

All is going well with me... I gave blood last night and it knocked me for a loop! I got real dizzy That doesn't take much to do these days It really knocked me out last night! I got up to feed my kitties and began spinning I was so dizzy. The last few times I went to give blood they denied me because I was anemic, but this time I met the qualifications and could give. So my walking each day and new diet is making a big difference in my overall health. I also had my mammogram on the 13th of June and received a notice yesterday that it read well and I don't need a follow-up --- yeah! It's the first time in 4 years that I don't need a follow-up... I am so excited!

Hello's to all the gals!!! I Miss you!
Have a great weekend everyone!

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-24-2005, 08:26 PM   #86  

Hello,

I didn't see the beautiful little cat that I saw the other day at the shelter. Hopefully she got adopted. You don't want to ask those kind of things because you might not get the answer you want. But she was so pretty and sweet that she must have found a home.

A big happy birthday to Joe! We're the same age. The Olive Garden is a nice place to go. Pretty popular, and the ones I've been to are always fairly crowded. Love their breadsticks! Congrats on the good mammogram! Bet that makes you feel really good. I wonder if you were just on the border ironwise so you were able to donate, but felt dizzy afterward. Good for you for donating. I need to get back into it, but I'm not sure where the blood bank is here. Guess I could look for it. My daughter used to donate frequently because she's a universal donor (O neg), but then she got a tattoo and had to stop for a year. My other son did the same thing.

My kitties are off their feed, vomiting now and again, and at least one is having some diarrhea. The not eating much is really worrying because they are hearty eaters. Nothing has changed at home so I'm not sure what's going on with them. Any ideas?

After walking a couple of dogs, I met a friend downtown and we got the new light frappucinos at Starbuck's. Has anyone had one? Yum! Then we walked to the art center and looked at all the exhibits. I wasn't all that impressed with the paintings, but I liked the jewelry, pottery, and weaving.

Going to a couple of garden tours over the weekend and meeting my DH's daughter for lunch on Sunday. Cross your fingers that the rain holds off!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-25-2005, 06:55 AM   #87  

We're back! I missed all of you, too!!

We had a very nice vacation. The long ride there & back was rough on me, but we took our time & rested afterwards.

There's so much to do in the Smokey Mountains, that it's really hard to make decisions....but, chose the best places, I believe. We went to the Dixie Stampede....it's a dinner show, where we sit in a gigantic arena watching horseraces, comedy acts on horses, beautiful songs, etc.

Went to Dollywood. There's a lot of musical shows of all kinds there...as well as other things to do. We also went to an Aquarium....a very large place, with all kinds of fish. We watched them feed the sharks, etc. I learned something I'd always wondered about. Do you know where sand comes from? There's a fish called the "Parrot Fish". It poops sand!!! There's a lot of those fish, & they poop a lot! The waves wash the sand onshore to make the beaches. Remember, next time you're on the beach, what you're lying in!

We went to a dinner show at the Blackwood Brother's Theater. A very large place. Had a goumet meal...then, gospel program by the Blackwood's. It's got a large screen on each side of the stage, & is televised. They were selling videos of that program, as well as pictures of us that was taken before the show with the Blackwood Bros. I asked the host if I could have permission to play the video at our TV Station. She went & got Ron Blackwood (the leader of the group) & he was very gracious. We talked awhile about the TV station, & he gave permission, & brought me another DVD to play. Told me to fill out a form for him & he'd be sending more. Before the show started, he got on stage & said there was a special person he'd met that would be airing their singing at a TV Station in Russellville, AL.....then he had me to stand up! I was applauded......& thought that was it. NOT......during the show, they did a little comedy including a lady & a gentleman from the audience. DH was the gentleman he called up on stage! Now, this is no small place! I wasn't sure he would go, but he did. He wore a long beard & a big hat & song with them! Then, they had him & the lady exchange places & they put a skirt & top, wig, & large sunglasses on him! He sung again. It was so funny! His skirt kept falling off! Ron Blackwood kept saying things about me! After the show, he gave me a picture & signed it, saying that DH & I stole the show...giving me a big kiss on the cheek. I can't wait to let the kids all see it.
We did a little shopping....lingered by the pool, etc. Just whatever we wanted to do........or not do. When we got home, we found our son had surprised us with a clean house & the grass cut! He even grilled supper for us. He said he knew we'd be tired. Sometimes, he can surprise me.

SunnyD......Happy Anniversay!! Happy Birthday to Joe!

I'm glad you're feeling better. Also, glad your parents are doing better. It's good you got your mammogram out of the way....now, be sure & keep your appt for your physical. I try out a new GP next Tuesday. It's a lady Dr. Makes me a little nervous changing Drs. But, the other one gave me no choice.
Sorry, you got so overwhelmed. You know that kind of stress isn't good for you. I know...because a lot of the nights that I can't sleep, I spend sitting here & crying. Hard to get control over it sometimes, though, isn't it? Do listen to your own body, though........it'll let you know when to slow down & rest, even if you don't think you have the time. I've learned to do that, no matter what others might be thinking. I learned a long time ago, because I don't "look sick" that I have to go by my instincts & take care of myself...because I know more about me than others do.

Sheila... that door is beautiful! I'm still waiting for more pics! Are you about through with the house, & getting settled down?
Hope your dad is doing better, now. Our daughter brought us a miniature Dachhound (spelling) She's cute! DH said she would stay on the porch, NOT in the house! I noticed the other night, though, that she was in DH's lap, asleep, while he was watching tv.

Bluet...Where are you, girl? Please don't leave us for very long....we go to worrying. I remember you saying that sometimes you tend to (don't remember the word you used) withdraw. Please, let us know you're ok.
If I can ever get my son to move out (I'm trying very hard!), I'm going to finish the room that he's in, & fix it for my music/computer room. Bring out my angels & put up curtains. It has a door with a lock on it, & I'll have my own little place to go to when I'm stressed. I think it'll help me a lot. DH said he'd finish it for me, so I could do that.

Willow...so happy about your surgery being a success! You've been suffering with your hip for as long as I've posted to you, & sure it was before that. Take care of yourself, & don't overdo.

Diane...Hope Emilee & big brother are doing well. Is mom getting to sleep more, now? Good news on the weightloss. Hey, better loss than gained! I think I actually lost a couple of pounds on my vacation. Never did that before, I usually gain.

Bonnie-2...Hope the rash is gone, bless your heart. Also, glad you had a free night, which is needed sometimes.

Hope all have a good weekend.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:33 PM   #88  
I can and I will do it!

Charlotte glad you made it back and had such a good time. It sounds like you had a great time especially with the Blackwood's!! I would have liked to seen Dhb. What a nice surprise to come home to.

Here's hoping everyone is having a good weekend. So far so good around here, it is so hot out we have been in most of the weekend except for early morning walks and a quick trip to Wally World this morning.

We are leaving tomorrow until Wed. on our little mini vacation to La. We both are looking so forward to getting away even if it is only a couple of days. Who knows we might just stay long.

Our baby Emilee is doing great, sleeping 6-7 hrs. at night!! I would say that is good for a 2 1/2 week old. Bradley is just crazy about her, he calls her his "little princess."

I am sending a pic of her that was taken professionally then I copied it onto my puter so it isn't the clearest but still darling.

You all take care while I am gone and I will report in when we return.

Hugs, Diane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grandkids.jpg (4.4 KB, 28 views)
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:10 PM   #89  

Good morning!

Charlotte, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'll never look at sand the same way again. Your DH sounds like he can really cut loose when he wants to. I hope you got some photos of that--I bet your kids would love to see them. And how wonderful that your son did all that stuff. It's so great when our kids surprise us like that. That's cute about the Dachshund. What is her name?

Wow--what a good baby! That's such a cute photo of her. She is so sweet and perfect looking. I'm glad Bradley loves her so much. That's sweet that he calls her his "little princess." You should tape him saying that and play it back when he gets older! Have a wonderful vacation!

We took our kitty to the vet on Saturday. They were all commenting on what a mellow kitty she is. She's on medication for her vomiting, a bland diet, and something for her diarrhea. All the cats are taking that. Hopefully, they'll all be feeling better shortly. We're going to have to steamclean the new carpet before our new furniture arrives on Friday. Wish I could have afforded hardwood in the livingroom.

On Sunday we went on a garden tour in the little town where my stepdaughter lives. Saw a couple of really nice gardens, but I forgot the camera. Did get some ideas for our yard. We stopped by the SD's house (we were supposed to go out for dinner, but she hurt her back), and got a tour of her yard. Didn't stay very long because she never invited us in and I was tired of standing around. Her mother was home (they live together), which is why I figure we never got invited inside. Oh, well.

Hope everyone has a good Monday! We're really drizzly today, which is nice for the plants. The car is in the shop so I figure today is a great day to catch up on housecleaning.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #90  

Default Hello

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for the pm, I will be back later this evening to post.

Last edited by Bluet; 06-27-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote