Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 11:34 AM   #16  

Hey! No fair - I just lost my post! That hasn't happened to me for a long time. Oh well, it wasn't that great anyhow.

Jo, I was wondering where you were. Hope you are enjoying your new computer. Probably worth the inconvenience though. Good Luck with your weighin tomorrow. I'm sure it will be better than you think. If not, just hang in there and keep on going. You must be looking forward to your trip coming up. In case I don't get back here for awhile, have a great time.

Ken is on holidays next week, so we will be kicking back and doing whatever we want. We have no definite plans but I don't know how often I will be checking in. We are so looking forward to it.

Now, where is everyone? Hope more of you will come back soon. You all have a great weekend and a good next week too. Talk to you soon. Love, G
Old 06-01-2001, 03:37 PM   #17  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey Gals!
Well the good news is that I finally broke my plateau and lost another pound. The bad news is that I did it by being so sick I couldn't even get out of bed. Not my recommended plan for breaking a plateau but I didnt choose it!
So now I finally feel better and have exactly a day and a half at work to catch up from being gone. I'm off on Monday afternoon to beautiful Dallas, TX!!

Sandi - I moved from Dallas three years ago. I lived there for two years. I know it fairly well. I can't wait to go back for a visit. Sorry you are having to work so many hours. I know it must be really hard when you aren't used to having to go so much.

Better get back to work now. I have almost no time to waste today. So much to do, so little brain left.

A big howdy to everyone out there. I'll try and post Monday before I leave but if I don't. . . "Y'all be good!"

Gina
Old 06-02-2001, 02:41 AM   #18  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello????????

Ok, so I've been MIA ~ You girls have been and are always so busy here.....I find it so hard to keep up with you. Then, I get so behind that I'm ashamed to show my face. Ok, so it's an excuse for not taking more time for ME and coming in here, sitting for a bit and just plain relaxing. Relax??? What's that??? Between my birthday last weekend, hubby's birthday today, dieting has been a forbidden word. I've eaten my way through last weekend, this week and now, tonight......<sigh>.......ok, once again, I'm asking you wonderful gals to let me back in.....maybe you just have to say "oh yeah, that's Zoe, she's the one who comes and goes, disappears, then comes back....yeah, I know her".....

Anyway my friends, I hope you all are well and doing a heck of alot better than I am with your eating...... I will try to be better about posting.....I miss you when I'm not here......

Last edited by Zoe; 06-02-2001 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-03-2001, 01:33 AM   #19  
MK

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. Been busy with work and family. First I just want to say:

Judy: Sorry to hear about Cal. Am sending you prayers and hugs ((((((((((PRAYERS))))))))))))))((((((((HUGS))))))) ))) Talk to us when you can.

Kim: Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Also just knowing the diagnoises about your daughter must give you some relief. With a mom like you, she will do great in learning at school.

Okay now for me. Both of my kids bought cars last week. My daughter got hers Monday a week ago in the a.m.. My son came home and found out, so he went and got one that night. Later in the week he had to trade his car for a truck because they didn't want to finace the car for 48 mons. He is happier with the truck. Now we will see how they do with paying for them.
My in laws, my husband's sister her husband and son PLUS my father in law(who is divorced from my mother in law) for those who don;t know that, came into town last weekend for a tournament at the center where I work. To make a long story short, my husband is the one who gets hurt because his mother shuts him out, not that he minds because she dosen't see them much, but his sister and brother in law can do no wrong. Then to add to it his dad which we don't see much or talk to much dosen't try to spend anytime with him. His dad has never had time for him and when he is around he is always talking about his step son and how good he is. My husband is not petty, it may sound like that, he would just like a little of his dad's time. Time that his dad would see only him so he can feel like his dad cares alittle about him. I hope that make sense because there is so much I havent said, but when he wonders if he is really a part of the family that is a problem.

Well. I finally got to weigh myself with no one around. I weighed on Wed. the 29th I think it was. I got one the scale................and I was 1 lb below 250. That means I met my Memorial Day challenge and was below 250! I was ssssssssoooooooooo happy. I weighed again on Fri because I just knew I was down some more! Yeah Right! I gained 5lbs. I was ssssssssssoooooooooo mad. But today I know why I had the 5lb gain...........My wonderful time of the month came to see me. Now I hope when I am finished it will go back down 5lbs. Weeeeeellllllllllllllllllll SSSSSSSSSSseeeeeeeeeee. I am not giving up, I would like to lose another 5 by the end of the month. I am going home to see my family. Of course I counted the days and my period is due the day we leave. Isn't there a pill I can take to make it go away until I get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it is late so I am going to bed. Have a good Sunday ladies. Take care. Mary Kay
Old 06-03-2001, 10:47 AM   #20  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default just checking in.....Hi!!

Hi Ladies....

Jello....nice, a new computer...enjoy!!

Gail....hope you enjoy your holidays....I hope the threat of the volcano is gone!!Have fun with hubby.

MK....I wouldn't worry about the 5lbs...there is no way, that you could possible have eaten an extra.....5X3500 calories....right? Just TOM...is all. That will be gone before you know it....drink water, think water...and you know what else.....well?..its got to come out somewhere...haha

Went out for dinner last night. It was nice..very nice. But first I should say, earlier in the day I had a hair appt to get highlights/haircut. Well......? Went their with a picture in hand....and well?....and a little adventerous...and was a little unsure...but....dh says "stunning" and couldn't keep his hands off of me the whole day!!...SO I GUESS HE LOVES MY HAIRCUT!!!
Do ya think?....hahaha. Its another short style, but its the highlights that are the best. Some of you know, that I have red hair, well she put in 3 more shades of blonde, strawberry blonde and a darker red and then just for fun...and I mean fun!!...she added a bright copper. AND I LOVE IT TOO!! I feel sporty and sexy and just what I needed....but can you believe? my MIL, still didn't comment on my wt loss of 35lbs?...well at least she noticed my hair!! haha, how could she not?...got another 5" off. OH well...somethings will never change. LOL

The meal last night was really good...(we had to drive 1 hr to get there).thank goodness. I had a nice mixed green salad, dressing on the side..(garlic/yummy) and a half rack of lamb with rice. But then came dessert...and I hate when this happens....she picks up the desert menu and passes it to me....and says.."of course, YOU'LL have desset" So you know what I did,,,,,I had some. Not because of any particular reason...or because of her..etc, but because I really wanted some. So I did!! Had a small portion of ice cream pie...dh had a chocolate torte, fudge sauce and whip cream....and FIL had english triffle so.....ice cream pie..really wasn't too bad, afterall I also didn't have any hot fresh bread/butter with the meal.

Today, is back on the straight and narrow...and later I'm off to the gym...no excuses!! Need to feel the sweat...haha, also I'm actually looking forward to the workouts now!!...love the new program in the free wt room. I can already notice a big difference in my arms/shoulders ...yahoo....angel-eyes getting buff!!
Old 06-04-2001, 09:24 AM   #21  
Long Lost Chickie

Red face

Hi all! Am I the first to post with this new system? Pretty scary if so. Hm, could be interesting. If I could figure it out, that is.

Had a bad weekend that included a gain of 0.4 lbs. at weigh-in which of course didn't stop me from going to TGIFridays for lunch and having a big dinner. Then lunch with friends on Sunday just rounded off my weekend (and me too probably).

Well, no I can't figure out this open tag thing.
Bummer. Who knows what this message is going to look like. I guess I'd better go. Have to fill the water bottle again. Didn't do much of that last weekend either. Have to weigh in on Thursday night this week since I'll be gone next weekend.

Hope to check in again later today. Till then, have a great day!
Much love, Jo
Old 06-04-2001, 09:47 AM   #22  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default I'm back ...

Good morning everyone. Back from the cabin for this week then will be gone again for 2 weeks! We are starting to build up there now (our retirement home) so will be up there a lot this summer. Plus dear hubby will be retired after this week! He is walking on clouds lately - don't blame him .. I know how it feels .. I love love love being retired! Have tons of running to do this morning and you would not believe the amount of emails! so this is going to be a short post and I will post again later.

Judy:
So very sorry to hear about Cal. Keep posting with us Judy, don't go away ... we are here for you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Don't give up on him yet! Keep the faith!

Jetall:
Glad to see you found us this time! Nice to have you back.

FeelingBlue:
Welcome to the group - I know you will like it here.

Zoe:
Oh yea, I remember you - you're the one who dissappears for a while, then comes back and posts, then dissappears ..... hahahaha I'm just kidding with you Zoe .. glad to see you back always. I've been missing a lot lately too ... As long as we always come back!

Well, sorry I did not personally address everyone ... I really have to go but I promise to post again later.

OK .. tata
Love, CJ
Old 06-04-2001, 10:56 AM   #23  
Mother Hen

Default Good Morning!

I'm at home this morning waiting for Hospice to bring a hospital bed and all the other equipment we need to bring Cal home from the hospital.

My son drove up from Houston and built a wheelchair ramp and moved everything around the house and even enlarged the door going into the kitchen so Cal will still be able to supervise the cooking! Even if he can't do it himself he can tell the rest of us how to prepare the foods he likes.

He has the pain under control now, but still no feeling below the waist. He cries a lot because he has no control of his body functions. It's really hard on him to have to have someone clean his bottom for him. He has always been such a strong independent man, this is a real tragedy for him.

Two of his daughters are flying in from Calif. on Wed. They both are 'take charge' kind of people. Sure hope we don't clash while they are here. I have to keep in my mind that they want what's best for him too. But where were they when my kids and I were doing all the worrying and taking care of him over the past year or so? I should be ashamed of myself for even thinking those thoughts, I guess.

My son got an extra day from the Navy so he will be leaving today. He has been a real Godsend for us. He is a wonderful man thanks to Cal's influence while growing up.

My thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes. I will try to stay in touch and keep you all posted on what's going on here in Enid, America!

Hugs, Judy
Old 06-05-2001, 08:07 AM   #24  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello??? Am I in the right place?? Anyone home??? I'm so frightened here by myself!!!

You'd all be proud of me to know that I'm being good especially since I have to weigh in Thursday night instead of Saturday morning. I'm sure the evening weight will be higher than a morning one but I guess I'll have to accept that. Anyway, I've been eating good stuff and counting points and getting in a little exercise. Last night I painted the new doorframe that Rich put on the house. I actually got more paint on the frame than I did on myself. That's a feat for me!! Poor Mr. Watson has a new spot or two though.

Judy, I'm thinking of you during this tough time. I'm glad you have some family rallying around. I can understand why Cal is feeling so sad about what's happening to him. That's got to be a hard thing. But you're not just his wife - you're his life partner and his support and his friend. Make sure he knows how much you love him and how you're willing to take the bad with the good.

And speaking of that, we love YOU too!! {{{{JUDY}}}} I'm sending virtual hugs wishing they could be live ones. Keep us posted and take care of yourself!

I have to run now. You'd think with my boss out of town I wouldn't be too busy. Not! Only 3 more days until Ohio!

Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #25  

Thumbs up Rain Rain Go Away!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,
Although it isn't so good here. we have rain AGAIN! Haven't seen the sun in 3 weeks except for a liitle yesterday. Where is summer?

Zoe Glad to see you back here. Happy belated birthday.

MaryKay It is a sad thing for your hubby I am sure to feel that both parents shut him out. Maybe they just don't know how to show their love.

Ginabob Sorry you were ill. Hope you have a fantastic time in Dallas.

Gail Enjoy your holiday time with your hubby. Relax and enjoy.

Angeleyes Bet that new"DO" looks great. Maybe your MIL needs glasses if she hasn't noticed your weight loss yet. LOL

Jo Keep up the eating the way you are and you will do fine at your night weigh in. I used to go at night too and I sweasr i wouldn't eat all day before I went.

C.J. Congrats to your hubby for retiring. Mine could even though he is 58. But for some reason he must love work. I want to go west when the time comes where it is warm and sunny all the time. What kind of houseare you building for retirement?

Judy My prayers are with you and Cal at this time. It isn't going to be an easy road but you have to try to be strong for both of you.Hopefully when his kids get there they will be a help to both of you.Hospice is wonderful. They do so much for people.

Chrissy Busy busy busy you are with the yard now. Take a break girl. We will help you when we come to see you the 23rd. Can't wait to see you guys again. It seems like it has been so long.

Sharon Where you been? Busy I suppose. Are you working this summer?

Well if all these colors work out I will be happy. If not I guess you will see lots of writing before your names. LOL Love to all

Last edited by SandiH; 06-05-2001 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-05-2001, 05:58 PM   #26  

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my vacation in Ireland. My trip was wonderful; so much to see and such beautiful scenery! This message board looks very different. I think I'll just post a short note and then try to figure out what all of these icons mean. What are vB Code and Message Icons? I guess I have to do some exploring!

I'm happy to report I gained only about one lb. on my trip, so I should be able to lose that quickly and get on with my goal. We ate a full Irish breakfast and a delicious dinner, skipped lunch and ate no extra snacks. I guess it paid off!

I'll check back in later after I read about these new message options.

Take care!

Trish
Old 06-05-2001, 09:03 PM   #27  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Tuesday Evening

Hi Ladies ~ I hope you're all having a great evening. I am being lazy tonight and I really should be doing laundrry.....maybe I will.....well, nah.......

CJ ~ Yeah, that's me....here and there, here, not here.....my life is just too hectic sometimes.

Sandi ~ Thanks so much for the birthday wish. It was a quiet one this year but that's ok.....too old to want to have 'em anymore. Ha!

I hope y'all are doing well tonight. My eating is out of control so here I sit, a fat hog...... I'm praying that I can get back on track in the morning.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:54 PM   #28  
CJ

Default Our new home .....

This is not the best view but gives you idea of the home we are building up north ... this is a log home, but we are doing ours in cedar ... and of course, ours won't be in the open - lots and lots of trees overlooking a beautiful valley! see the image below:

Love, CJ
Old 06-06-2001, 07:39 AM   #29  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking gotta get a grip....

The last few days, I've been having alot of trouble...can't seem to stay motivated...Been trying so hard to get off of this darn plateau...YES AGAIN....I know all the reasons why? your body does this...but what I can't figure out...IS HOW TO STOP IT!!

HEY LADIES!!!....come on...just a momentary lapse!! Right with you .....yesterday was a big dissappoinment for me. I don't really know if it was due to anything in particular or just...tired and fed up with not losing. Anyway lets just say that the box of cookies is now in the garbage andTODAY IS A NEW DAY!! Like I said....could have been just feeling sorry for myself. Last night after chat...(missed you Mom) I cruised the boards for some motivation, and found it in some of the sugarbuster posts. Great articles on protien, metabolism and diet in general...esp-"PMS" And since I am expecting TOM, soon read enough to get through....not with the
expectation of losing, but maintaining , getting healthy, fit and
have started to realize, ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE DARN SCALE!!

Oh, I know...I'm one of those...(gotta weigh in everyday) but I think I will let myself off the hook abit...and try every 2 days. It will take a bit of getting used to, but then I don't want to have to keep feeling this way. The other article I thought that was interesting was....a chart telling what your maintenance calorice intake should be(100%) and your losing rate(75%) and to gain rate(125%). So that was interesting...for me....maintanence should be 1487....losing 1187....and well gaining...who cares?..NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! SO TODAY IS ANOTHER BRAND NEW DAY.....NO GUILT...JUST A FRESH START!!

come on....WHO'S WITH ME?....

ps...CJ...your house looks positively gorgeous!!It will look lovely in cedar....when its completed...do we all get an invite?

Last edited by angel-eyes; 06-06-2001 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:42 AM   #30  
CJ

Wink HI ....

Well, since this is the last post on this thread I may as well just go start #54 ... see you there!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread