Old 02-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #1  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Talking We're Newbies and Buddies!!

NEWBIES WELCOME HERE!!
WE are All NEWBIES here...and we all met in the BUDDIES forum!! Jump in and introduce yourself...
We can post here daily and go through this TOGETHER!! The More...the Merrier!!
Let's do this TOGETHER!!

HERE WE ARE!!!
Introducing Ourselves:

GiddyupKaos (Selena): age 40, full-time office manager, married for 18 years, losing weight with South Beach

thechangingtable (Christine): age 37, divorced SAHM of 4 kids (2-16),losing weight by eliminating dairy

scnorris2001 (Stephanie): age 29, losing weight to compete in a 5k road race through reduced-calorie diet and exercise

girly (Sara): age 36, married with 2 children (9 and 20 months), losing weight through WW

palemoonlight (Christy): losing weight through eating better and eliminating fast food

selkiesa: age 25, full time graduate student with a part time job as well, losing weight using the Cruise diet/exercise plan

budha belly (Marie): age 47, works full time, single, losing weight by giving up a lot of junk foods and adding healthy foods to her diet

fatmommyinPA: married with 2 children (3 and 5)

michellejy (Michelle): age 29, SAHM of 7 year old daughter, recently married, has small home-based jewelry-business, losing weight through reduced-calorie diet and exercise

kpe (Paige): soon to be 40, married with 2 children (6 and 4), losing weight through WW

detk1320 (Ann): age 32, mother of 2 (21 months and 4 years), works full time, losing weight through WW

basic75 (Angie): age 26, married with 2 children (6 and 2), losing weight through exercise

JLoubug (Jen): age 46, losing weight through exercising more and eating more fruits and veggies

jmepudge (Jamie): age 29, married with 2 children (5 and 11), losing weight through diet and exercise

joana: age 22, 2 year old son, attending law school and working, losing weight by dieting

happyterror (Tess): losing weight through Dr. Phil's rapid start plan, WW, and exercise

maja (Tamie): age 30, married with 2 children (3 years and 5 months)

bdcbravo (Donna): age 32, one daughter, losing weight through wathcing what she eats and exercise

drbjaded (Julie): age 33, losing weight through WW

ellen555 (Ellen): age 46, works from home, losing weight with the Curves diet

pinkpolopony (Erin): age 24, single, losing weight through low-calorie diet and exercsie (cardio and yoga)

LisaGirard (Lisa): age 32, married with 4 children, losing weight through e-diets

jeanessa: age 26, married, losing weight through dieting

Here's my story...

I'm Selena, I'm 40 and married for 18 years.. I have no children, I'm from TN and work Full-time as an office manager. I love to scrapbook, and hang with my girlfriends...
Monday was my 1st week on SouthBeach...and when it came time to weigh-in...I was amazed that I had lost "6" pounds...I know I cant' expect that...but it was great for my 1st week...I feel like I have accomplished something...
I feel like if I write down my daily stuff here...it will help me see what Im doing...RIGHT OR WRONG!!..
I also joined Curves...and am going "5" days a week...and doing WATP Dvd's on the weekend...I have to lose this weight THIS year!!
In October, we are doing a best friends vacation...Just me and my BEST friends let loose in Las Vegas...Its going to be a blast. (girls only!)
I'm sooooo sick and tired of the being the FATTY of the group...This year I want to be the PHATTY of the group...I would like to lose "70" pounds before then...I've lost 6....so that's 64 to go...Whew!! It seems like a TON..and it is a TON...but I know I can do it...This board is amazing..and it helps me sooo much....2005 will be "OUR" YEAR!!
LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER!!

Last edited by GiddyupKaos; 02-25-2005 at 02:52 AM.
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #2  
1st Stop: Under 200

Hi, I just joined. Christine, 37, divorced with 4 kids (16-2). I stay at home with the kids and have a goal weight of 140 lbs. Last weighed at 211 but fluctuate to 214 my highest not pregnant!!! I am not doing any diets, but I am trying to eliminate dairy from my diet. I did this for a couple of weeks and got down to 207 before the holidays. I don't do a lot of exercise. I do have an eliptical. I am taking some vitamins and trying to drink more water. Goals are to do at least 20 minutes on the eliptical and drink 4 glasses of water or more. So far today 4 minutes and 1 glass of water down.

Hope to meet more buddies here!!
thechangingtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #3  

Talking

YES!! We will reach our goals! It will not always be easy but we will work together and make it!

I am 29. Will be 30 in July. I weigh 230 lbs. My weight high was 234 lbs, my size low was size 8 (1997). Of course I want to lose weight for my 30th Birthday! But I want to lose weight even more so that I can do the things that make me happy. My first goal is to lose 35 lbs. by April 9th so I can enter and complete a 5K road race (I completed four 5K's in 2002 and loved it)!! 35 lbs. is very lofty for that time frame but I will do it!! I have an eight year old daughter and a very handsome, sweet boyfriend!

I'm excited to have a group. We WILL do this!!!

Ok, now that I've breifly introduced myself...yesterday I did great! I'm so proud of myself. I ate 1,362 calories for the whole day and then jogged for 30 minutes last night!
I've done good so far today I've eaten 300 calories thus far and packed my lunch which is 240 calories. Haven't decided what I'm having for dinner yet but that will leave me with 460 calories for dinner! My goal is to eat 1,000 calories per day and get some exercise in. I plan to go to the gym this weekend to log some miles on the treadmill as training for the 5K!! I don't get to a computer over the weekends but will be able to post through the week!

Selena - Great job with the Awesome start of your plan!! and you're approaching this correctly to know that you will have weeks when you'll lose good weight and weeks when you do everything pretty good and see the scales go down 1/2 pound. Keep at it and you'll reach your goal for October!!

Good luck to everyone! And keep up the great work!

Stephanie
scnorris2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #4  
What we think, we become.

Default Goodmorning fellow newbies

Thanks Selina for starting this.

I am Sara. I'm 36 and married for the second time and the last. Have been married to my sweetheart for going on 4 years. I have two children. DS is 9 yo and DD is 20 mo old. Growing way to fast.

I joined ww on 2/3. I have been all over the scale in the past. But this is the highest I have ever been. I gained a lot of weight after my DS was born. It took me two years to lose the weight. I seem to be doing the same thing now with DD. I actually gained more weight after both children then I did through the entire pregnancy. Go figure. Its obviously me. So after DS I lost and maintained until pregnant with DD. I loved being thin. I felt like such a different person. Everything seemed better.

I know what you are talking about Selina. I am the fattest girl at work. I hate it. Cute PHAT!!!! Definately my goal. Want to be PHAT, One hot mama, hottie, WILF, MILF. Yes I am definately driven by vanity. But more than that. My daughter will be 2 in May. I have had no family pictures taken since her birth. In fact I think it would be a challenge to find ANY pics of me from the past year and a half for a before pic even. I want to take her to swim lessons this summer. I don't want my son to be embarrased of his mom when the kids at school tell him I am fat.

Someone somewhere wrote that if they really cared about their appearance they would not have every gotten this fat. I really care and I managed. I don't really know how it happened. I guess I got exhausted and overwhelmed. I don't know. But I do know I am going to lose this and NEVER find it again.

Christine, you have your hands full for sure. I remember being a single mom. It was hard. I'm so glad you are here. I'm glad we are all here. We will be great support for each other.

Take Care all of you. Have an awesome day. I will keep checking back. I am so excited to lose weight. And very excited to have such a great group of people to share the ride with.
girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #5  

Christine - You'll get there! Just keep working at it! Good job with the elliptical and the water! Keep working on it. Last night when I jogged for 30 minutes, I decided I wasn't going to stop until I got to 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, I wanted to go to at least 30. (I need to be conditioned to 40 minutes for the 5K) After 20 minutes, I just made myself continue for a minute, then another minute, and so on. Then at that very last minute that would complete my 30, I gave it all I had. Just like you would in a road race!

Stephanie
Old 02-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #6  

Default Hi Stephanie

I'm sorry I must have been posting at the same time as you. Wow, you are doing great. Have you always been a runner or did you just recently start? I need to find an exercise that I learn to love. It is a huge downfall for me.

Selina, I forgot to tell you that all of the thin girls I work with are doing South Beach and they have great losses with the program. It seems to be a great program and very healthy.

Okay, Oobi is over. DD won't tolerate me typing away anylonger. Sorry to be so chatty. I'm bad.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #7  

hi! i am Christy from Tulsa. I think this group is perfect for me! Thanks so much for the idea. I was never slim, but at 5ft even, I weighted about 140 at the end of highschool. in the past 7 years I have put on 40lbs, last summer I went from 180 to 160 but over the past few months I found that I had put back on all but 5 of those. So it is time to get myself back on my self improvement regime. I started Sun and have already last 3lbs!
I am not a big dieter, but I plan on eating better. NO MORE FAST FOOD! I have a mini goal of 165 by April first and a main goal of 150by Aug 1st. I plan on walking daily or doing a tape for 30-45 mins everyday. Although I was pysically and mentally drained yesterday. I dont know what happened. ALl week I was full of energy and yesterday I couldnt keep my eyes open. So I took the day off. but today I am going to enjoy the wonderful weather and get out there after work.

Thanks so much for the new group!
palemoonnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #8  

[QUOTE=girly]Have you always been a runner or did you just recently start? I need to find an exercise that I learn to love. It is a huge downfall for me.

Sara - My true love is horses! But I can't afford to do horses right now! I sold my Thoroughbred when my daughter was 10 months old. But my boyfriend moved in with me in November 2004 so I hope I can have another horse in the next couple years.

So running is my substitute. I never thought I'd like it. But then I tried it. I was walking on the treadmill in 2002 and thought I'd throw some jogging in just to burn more calories! I liked it. I was a manager where I worked then and the two managers who were over me ran. They ran marathons and everything! I told them what I was doing and they started encouraging me and telling me how to train. I registered for my first 5K. I had no clue what I was in for!!! One of my managers actually met me there and ran with me!! I thought that was the greatest thing ever! She could do 8 min miles. She could have finished it in 25-30 minutes easy! But she stayed with me, encouraging me all the way. I'm so thankful too. If she hadn't, I feel certain I would have quit. We were dead last. And there was a cop car right behind us to keep traffic from running us over. I was so embarassed. If she hadn't kept herself back with me, I would have just hitched a ride with the cop!! But we finally made it through! I ran as hard as I could for the last 20 feet to the finish line!! We finished in 45 min. And last. But completing that race was one of the most empowering feelings I've ever had. I completed the other three 5K's that year all by myself. I told my managers about them. And I didn't come in last anymore either! My last race time was 39min22sec which is not too bad for 192 lbs. and 3.1 miles! Oh, and they did get easier! I became more accustomed to the distance I would be going for them and now I absolutely love doing 5K's! Sorry for being so talkative but I had to tell you how it all started! Even with this running is very hard sometimes - I have to set my goals and make myself get up sometimes to do it. But I feel great when I run and after I'm done. I can challenge myself with it and not get bored easily! I love it!

Stephanie
Old 02-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #9  

I forgot to tell you also that the entry fees are reasonable from $8 - $15 and you generally get a race t-shirt for participating. they also have bananas and sports drinks for you at the finish line. At one they even had bagels. And you can come out with a trophy or medallion sometimes too! I ended up with one trophy out of the four! (no, I'm not that darned fast) It was a very chilly day in May 2002. It was 40-50 degrees. I had already decided I was going to do that race. I was the only person in my age group (for females) who entered!!!! So upon completion of the race, I was awarded the trophy for my age group. I felt like I didn't really earn it at first but then I told my managers about it and the guy said that I earned it because nobody else was even willing to go out to try the race in the cold! I'm very proud of my shirts and my trophy. - And can't wait to get more of both!!
Stephanie
Old 02-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #10  

Hi. I think this was a great idea. I posted my bio in another thread, but I'll give a run-down here as well.

I turned 25 a little over a month ago. I have been overweight most of my life. I was sick as a child and got into the habit of eating anything and everything I wanted without effect. When I got better, I gained weight. And kept gaining weight, until I am where I am now-needing to lose over 100 pounds. I have constantly tried to lose weight, with some basic sucess twice, but always gained it back. Two years ago, I was pretty much able to maintain my weight by walking to and from work, but I've since moved (I'm now in the Midwest) I now drive instead. I am a full-time graduate student and I also work 15 hours a week to pay for school. Well, I'm paid to work 15 hours, but I typically end up working 20 or so. I'm constantly tired, often depressed, and I usually deal by eating.

I just bought the Cruise book, and I'm going to start using the diet/exercise plan in it for now. I have a treadmill that I was using this summer, and I'm planning to get back to that, once I adjust to the Cruise plan. I'd like to lose enough weight to not have a painful, hugely expensive, time shopping for professional clothes for my summer job.
selkiesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:15 PM   #11  

Hi Christy, Its nice to meet you. Congratulations on your loss! That is wonderful. I hope you enjoy your day off. Get some rest

Selkiesa, Hi! I'm so glad we have each other for support. It is so hard being overweight isn't it. I know I am tired all the time and very depressed about my weight. Sometimes I feel like it affects every aspect of my life. You sound like you are very over worked. No wonder you are tired.

Stephanie, Wow! How exciting. I guess I have always been intimidated by running. I am totally impressed. I just feel everything shaking when I run and I stop immediately. That has got to really help your weight loss and your metabolism.

I have to work all weekend. I have such a hard time avoiding junk food on the days I work. i don't really know why. I'm sure between stress and everyone constantly having junk food there. lack of sleep..... I don't know. But I am going to do really good this weekend. I have to.

Hope you all have a great day
Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 PM   #12  
Bodacious Babe

Thumbs up

Hey Girls...How did everyone's day go...???!! I'm just checking back in..and its GREAT to see how our little group has grown...

Christine!! Great to see you here!!
I know you can do it girlfriend...I have trouble with water...but I'm really working on it...Let's make a PACT...I will drink my water if you drink yours!! how did today go!!??

Stephanie!! Great to see you here!!
I am sooo proud of you..You jogged 30 minutes last night!! Yippee!! GO Girl Go...one day I would love to do a 5K...!! and you are correct..TOGETHER..we can do anything!!

Sara!! Great to see you here!!
OMG!! You are cracking me up...Hey girl...I'm right there with you... I TOO want to be PHAT, One hot mama, hottie, WILF, MILF. OMG!! You read my mind...Let's get PHAT together!! I am loving SouthBeach sooo far...I hope I stick to it!! Monday will be my 2 weeks in phase 1....Sara...You are going to do good this weekend...and you are going to have NO JUNK FOOD!! You can do it girly!!

Christy!! Great to see you here!!
Let's do this together...I wont' have fast food, if you wont' have fast food!! Congrats on losing your "3" pounds girl..YIPPEEE! You can do it...Hope to see you posting here!!

Selkiesa!! Great to see you here!!
I'm right there with you...It is sooo hard being overweight...You are totally judged on appearance, BEFORE someone even gets to know you...WE are here to support each other...That's why I started this...If we go through this DAILY together...WE can do ANYTHING!!

Welp....I am going to eat my dinner...and I will be back to post my day today..I just wanted to say HI to everyone...This is going to be GREAT!! I feel like I know ya'll all ready!!

Old 02-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I was wondering if i could join you. I am new here too.

My name is Marie and I am 47, 5'5" and 160 lbs. I am single and work full-time. I started putting weight on about 12 years ago, I just never thought it would happen to me, result I guess of bad diet, very little exercise and aging metabolism.

I am trying to change my habits. The year before last I gave up a lot of junk foods, and tried to add healthy foods last year - the healthy food part didn't stick, so I am trying that again. I have only lost a total of 7 lbs, but I figure any year I don't gain and lose something is a success for me. I don't know if that would be considered too lazy, but....

Anyway, glad to meet you all.
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:22 PM   #14  

budda I think trying to change your eating habits is better than any of the diets out there. If you dont change your eating habits then none of them would work. I am also trying to become a more healthy eater, and I gotta say nothing that is this hard could be called lazy! It is so hard to give up junk food. But I know we can do it!
palemoonnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:33 AM   #15  
Bodacious Babe

Good Morning Sleepyheads!! Where is everyone?? Im up early on my to Curves..How did everyone do yesterday...I really need to work on my water today...I just can't get down 100oz...and that's my daily goal...
I hope everyone is on track this morning...Let us know how your day is going!! I will be back...
Selena