Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:13 AM   #61  
loves kleenex box art

I had no idea you were all posting. Apparently, I forgot to click on one of the email notifications so I didn't further updates. Will read later and reply. Right now, I have to get over the idea we were boycotting.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #62  

Happy Birthday Sugar!!!! 42 is a verrrry good age. I hope you enjoy every moment of it!!!! I'll have a cuppa tea in honor of your tea set. It will be iced tea because we finally have summer weather!!!!! Hope the sun is shining on you on your b-day too.

Kiwi, do you ever have moose moseying into town like in that tv show Northern Exposure? There was a black bear in the news last week because he was hanging around one of the suburbs here. He didn't look ferocious, just hungry.

I have a splitting headache. Got. to. go. find. drugs.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:10 PM   #63  
Member w/ messiest house

Boycotting? Nobody tol' me. You know I post here almost every day because I haven't anyone else to talk to.

I think I heard of a moose wandering through a neighborhood in town a few years ago, and I know it has happened in a few much larger towns/cities in Maine. It's definitely not common, because the wildlife around here has plenty of wilderness to live in; it's not suffering from crowding at all. Since my house is surrounded by woods and lake, we do get some "traffic" through our yard now and then. Lots of fox use our yard for a thoroughfare and now and then I see moose tracks in the driveway. Once I saw one only a few feet into the woods beside our yard. The other day I scared a white-tail deer when I came out the door. It was next to the driveway in the woods; all I saw was a bouncing white butt crashing into the woods.

Here's what I'm not doing:
Here's what I am doing:

Kiwi
Old 05-25-2005, 05:40 PM   #64  
The magic shrinking cow

Happy Birthday Sugar Plum!
Old 05-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #65  
loves kleenex box art

Happy birthday teensy tinnnsy Sugar Plum. I am envisioning a balloon for you. And some dancing middle-aged men.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #66  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Sugar!!! Blow Out Those Candles And Party Like It' S Perfect 1999 Hahahah-----wish I Was Forty Two Again!!!! Remember I Said That!!!!----i Am Forty Eight And Pushin Fifffffteeeeeeeeeee---------------enjoy Your "early" Forties!!! Love Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

HEY! I only have 6 months left in my 40s, so this is getting serious. Speaking of which, did we miss the fact that Lush turned 50 last year???? She must have been ignoring us at the time.

Anyway, how was DH's cooking, Sug?

My mom is at home after her knee operation and a week of ortho rehab hospital. I talked to her last night, and she is doing very well. Now and then while we were talking I could hear her sort of drifting away and getting vague (she's on pain meds, of course). It was amusing.

Gotta go make some dinner for the kid, who's got her spring concert tonight.

Kiwi
Old 05-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #68  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Yah!!! spring concert!!! come back with the details!! some spring around here---feels like the Amazon Rain Forest without the heat,
Old 05-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #69  

We bypassed spring and went straight to summer. It's 91 degrees here today. That would be almost 33 degrees to you celsius ppl. A scorcher as the old folks say, and since I'm getting there, I'll say it too.

We're leaving a day early for the holiday weekend and going w/ some friends to a lake to do some fishing (DH), some basking in the sun and eating mass quantities of junk food (me). They have one of those party barges. It's my kind of boat - a bathroom, a kitchen, sundeck and couches so I can take a nap when I'm sleepy. I can't wait to break out the Mike's hard lemonade!!!!! I don't plan on thinking about my fat arse once the whole weekend. As Scarlet says "I'll think about that tomorrow."

Kiwi, hope your Mom recovers well and that DD has fun at the spring concert.

I'm almost giddy with the thought of a 4 day weekend!!! See yas cows when I get back!

PS - Hey! I just realized I haven't updated you on my sick dog. I took him to the vet because he didn't eat and drank very little for 3 days. He wasn't his usually spazzy self. He didn't want to pick up every sock left in the floor. He didn't take off your hand when you fed him a dog biscuit. He didn't even want to eat a dog biscuit. The vet x-rayed him and did blood tests and poked and prodded him and when I went to pick him up he was back to his old spazzy self and I had a $220 vet bill. There was nothing wrong with him that they could determine and I think they thought I was a little nutz because he was acting just fine. Damn dog.

Last edited by Wabby; 05-26-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #70  
fatter than U

Talking still eating cake

Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes, darlings. This year's b'day was very nice and I was showered with gifts, flowers and attention. Waaaay too much food. Will report on that later. We are in the middle of completely renovating ds9's bedroom (he chose this colour for his walls! Wee!) and it's all I can do to keep from murdering dh. I think I'll let him live a little longer though since *someone* has to bring home the bacon.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

Howdeee! I couldn't get on here at all earlier. Hope you have (or had, as you won't read this until next week) a good weekend, Wabbit! Glad the dog is okay; that was really mean of him to fake it like that.

Gifts, flowers and attention. Very impressive. I like the paint color -- he must have a highly developed artistic sense.

Bagz, the concert was lovely. The band did 4 numbers sort of sea-related. They always sound much better in the spring than they did at Christmas. DD had a lot of oboe parts, which she did beautifully on (she's the only one playing oboe, and she just started last fall). She also played the clarinet, and sometimes had to switch between the two.

The chorus was fabulous as always. One of the things they always do at the spring concert is have seniors who are interested in it direct a piece of their choosing. One of the band pieces was student directed, and one of the chorus songs was directed by another student. He chose a Phish song called Bouncing Off the Wall. It was really cool. DD had a solo bit in it.

Can't wait till next year -- there will be a whole bunch of kids from DD's class (including her) who will want to direct a piece.

Below is a picture of what we had for dinner tonight. (Along with a very good roast chicken with potatoes)

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05_0527Fiddleheads.jpg (46.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #72  
Member w/ messiest house

Why do people say that someone "gifted" them with something, instead of they "gave" them something? How pretentious. Gifted is an adjective, not a verb, except in the legal sense, meaning to have endowed, or in the sense of "presented", like to gift a library with a special book. Grrrr.

DD and her prom date (still officially just a friend apparently) IM each other in French. Since I do read French, it is not exactly code. I'm trying to decide whether it is a form of flirting or whether they are just irretrievably geeky (they are in the same French class).

Kiwi
Old 05-28-2005, 04:21 AM   #73  
fatter than U

Talking

Mmm...fiddleheads! Haven't had those for ages. Did you pick them yourself?

"Gifted" is a very silly word. Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away.

My university room mate (roommate, roomate??) and I used to write on the message board on our door in really bad French in first year. Must be an 18 yr old thing.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #74  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhhh kee wonkers------the concert sounds beautiful and spring-y and nostalgia inducing------------did i mention i was jealous??? thank you for gifting me with that lovely description-----your baby is a true musical personality----and i looooooove her voice that 's for sure!!!! gorgeous---------------i have been eating alot of fiddledee's lately as well----love them too----i gifted myself with several pounds of them last week.i have been overeating lately.Could someone gift me with some good sense.Oh,and glad to hear you were so well gifted on your birthday Sugar!!! love the room colour!!!! xoxoxoxo hahahaha
Old 05-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #75  
Member w/ messiest house

Nope, I'm not sure who picked 'em, my MIL bought them from someone she knew, but they were yummy. I already had a big bunch of asparagus in the 'fridge, so we are really hitting the fresh green stuff this weekend! I also bought a quart of strawberries, so our tummies are very happy! I think I could be a vegetarian in late spring/summer, or at least a part-time one!

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 05-28-2005 at 08:27 PM. Reason: I can't stop typing exclamation points!!!
Closed Thread