Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

Judging from your sig, is it a ladybug or dragonfly? I must say it rolls off the tongue. I have nothing to say. I have a mammogram tomorrow. I need to order something or other for my mom who is recovering from knee surgery. I have no brain.

Kiwi
Old 05-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #47  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i have nothing to say either but i will say this------------OUR WEATHER IS DRIVING ME TO DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EARLIER THAN USUAL---OH YEAH---AND THE OC SEASON FINALE IS TONIGHT---YAY
Old 05-19-2005, 08:12 PM   #48  
Member w/ messiest house

Yay. DD and I saw an ad for that earlier tonight and she said "oh, who died?" and I said "the old guy". And she said "you mean Peter Gallagher?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgggggggggghh NO YOU LITTLE TWERP, HE'S THE SAME AGE AS I AM! Boy does she know how to push my buttons.

Kiwi
Old 05-20-2005, 02:12 AM   #49  
fatter than U

Talking

No one here is old! We are all spring chickens! I heard that babies born today stand a good chance of living to be 100.

Arabidopsis thaliana, which I'd never heard of until the arrival of above mentioned biology student, is commonly know as thale cress (never heard of that either) and is a model plant for genome work and the most widely used plant in molecular biology (I had to look that up!). Aren't you completely thrilled?

I'm so boring/bored today that that's all I can think of to post for now. I MAY even go exercise.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #50  

Gone for 2 days and I come back to this melancholy. Hmm. We do seem to be on a roll. Geez, Sugar, I can't think of anything interesting to post either. Guess I'm just not that interesting.

Bagz, our weather is horrible too. Days and days of rain and gray. Tiny little sunbreaks in between downpours. The weatherman has been promising a sunny weekend for the last week, but now that we're down to the line they've changed the forecast from sunny and warm to cold and rainy again. On one of my days off I went to the Schreiner's Iris Farm (www.schreinersgardens.com) to see their display garden. Thank goodness I wore boots because the lawns had turned into mudholes. Poor little old ladies were slogging thru the mud with their walkers. At least the rain quit long enough for me to walk the gardens and be inspired. Then I took a trip to Adelman's Peony Gardens (www.peonyparadise.com) and drooled at al the beautiful and expensive peonys. I bought one $32 plant. Don't tell DH. Of course, I could always tell him plants are cheaper than jewelry.

A Mellow Peach? Unheard of!!! How did that happen? I think working as a stringer would be something nice on a resume and could lead to Other Things.

Gotta go catch up on some work. Hiya to all the rest of youz cows.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:57 PM   #51  

OK. I'm leaving now.

I left work on my lunch hour. It was sunny and warm. I left my roof open on my car when I got back to work. As I was gazing out the window at the huge thunderstorm, complete w/ lightening, thunder and buckets of rain I realized my car was getting flooded. I hate it when I'm dumb.

OK. I really am leaving now. Youz have a nice weekend. I hope the sun shines on you wherever you may be.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:27 AM   #52  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
As I was gazing out the window at the huge thunderstorm, complete w/ lightening, thunder and buckets of rain I realized my car was getting flooded.
OOOPS!!!! I did that once on a beautiful sunny winter day -- and it snowed that night. DH got stuck with shovelling it out--BIG OOPS!!

Well, I actually couldn't sleep in this morning. Much. So I'm hanging out here slugging coffee back. Maybe later I'll get going on that mess we call a lawn -- seems like I should clean up the dead limbs and stuff before the grass grows over it....

Y'all have a good weekend, y'hear?

Kiwi
Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 AM   #53  
fatter than U

Unhappy

Kiwi has dead limbs on her lawn???? Eeeeeeeeeeew.

No time to post. Must go downtown and buy stuff. More later.

P.S. My pants are too tight.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:56 AM   #54  
Member w/ messiest house

LOL
Old 05-23-2005, 11:46 AM   #55  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh---the weather is terrible all over northern us and canada-----rain RAIN rain rainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i hattttttttttttttttte it---------and colllllllllllllllld to go with it---------------------
Old 05-23-2005, 02:46 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

More rain here. Roof started leaking again. We thought we had solved that problem. So now I have an ugly tarp over part of my roof and buckets in the kitchen. Onward and upward...

On a positive note, the kid did rawther well on her SATs. I really can't complain.

Oo! New smilies -- and

Kiwi
Old 05-23-2005, 06:56 PM   #57  

Kiwi---- that darn roof! Of course DD did well on her SAT's - I could have told you she would.

My car story got worse - when I left work to go home last friday I turned the key in my car and...... nothing. Apparently my car doesn't like buckets of rain being dumped on the console and dash. Up to that point I hadn't shared my mishap w/ DH, but I had to let him in on it when my car wouldn't start. I love the man. The veins on his neck kind of popped out a little but he didn't rant or rave even a little bit. He took apart the console and dried it out w/ a hairdryer, but still nothing. Then he finally got it to start, but it wouldn't shift out of park. When I'd finally given up and called my insurance company and a tow truck my car magically started behaving normally again. I still might have to have the radio replaced because there is water in the lcd display, but I'm going to give it a week or so and see if it dries out. And DH didn't say "what were you thinking???" even once.

It rained all weekend. I gave up and went out and slogged thru the mud in my yard anyway. Now it's sunny because it's a work day.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:13 PM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

Yikes, I guess getting a half a foot of snow through the sunroof wasn't such a bad thing after all!!!

We saw 2 moose on the way home from Othertown this evening. DD usually drives on the way home and she has been the one encountering all these critters, as earlier in the afternoon, when I'm driving, they are less likely to be wandering across the road apparently. It's good practice for her. I barely shriek anymore.....

How's everyone? Awfully quiet around here.

Kiwi
Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 AM   #59  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
It's good practice for her. I barely shriek anymore.....

Kiwi

Yeah, where is everyone? I for one am preparing to turn 42 tomorrow. Dh is actually cooking dinner and we're getting away with the in-laws only coming over for dinner. Yahoo. I bought myself a really cute way too expensive tea set yesterday as an early birthday present. It has strawberries on it. And bees.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Happy Birthday To Sugar Plum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
I for one am preparing to turn 42 tomorrow. Dh is actually cooking dinner and we're getting away with the in-laws only coming over for dinner. Yahoo. I bought myself a really cute way too expensive tea set yesterday as an early birthday present. It has strawberries on it. And bees.
Woohoo, good for you!! That's how a birthday should go -- you get yourself a present you love and someone else cooks dinner!

I hope you have a very lovely birthday! You don't look a day over 30!

I't's a beautiful sunny day here today; nice after several days of rain. I've already made a salad for dinner. I should go outside and do something!!

Kiwi
Closed Thread