Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:41 PM   #31  
Closed

Where Is Everyone Tonight

Oh where oh where have my Jl friends gone
Oh where oh where can they be
First I looked here and then I looked there
Are you girls hiding from me

Last edited by Tea Rose; 05-12-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

lol.

I am happy you are back posting Ellen!!!

Happy Birthday to Cristi

I am going to head out and get Gaby early from the sitter. She is stuffy and has been coughing all week. Poor thing. Think we both just need to stay home this weekend and get some rest.

I love her so much. Completed the custody evaluatin self reporting form, will get that off tomorrow in the mail.

I guess that is it , not much. I don't see the older girls every day like I use to.........kind of peaceful....lol

k- better get.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

A late Happy Birthday Cristi....Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Just a pop in. Having a busy few days here with family things. Today DH and I went to the saw mill to get lumber for his next project. He wanted me to ride along so we could look at some lots on the way. Nothing we are interested in anyway.
We took DH's brother out of the re-hab home for lunch yesterday. He was glad to get away from his room for a couple hours. He is doing so well and might be home in another week or two.
Tomorrow we go to lunch with DH's sister and her hubby. He has so many siblings it is hard to keep in touch with them. I guess I need to have a big family dinner at our house again.
Then Mom has the company of her 2 sisters from PA this week-end and I will be hanging out with them. All 7 of her siblings and 3 spouses will be in town tomorrow for dinner together.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and week-end.

ELLEN>>Welcome back.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #34  
GmaTo8

It's Friday the 13th - my lucky day!!

Cristi - hope you had a wonderful day yesterday. Which movie are you planning to see today? Have you tried the cinnamon graham crackers? I eat them everyday with peanut butter for breakfast. Even took them to Louisiana, Walt Disney World and Chicago when I went. Your patio will be so nice, and a swing on it sounds great!

Marti - the 5th grade graduation sounds so cute! I know you'll take lots of pictures for scrapbooking and sharing with your jaded friends, right?

Ellen - glad you're back! And I see you brought your sense of humor with you, thank goodness!

Katy - have fun with your DH today, sans kids!

Susan - aww, hope the Gabster is better today.

Sue - have fun with all the relatives today and the rest of the weekend.

Katiecat - if you do send postcards, it's much easier if you have the labels printed at home, and buy stamps before you go. Have a great time in SF!!

Pam and Dee - are you guys off on a truck run somewhere, lol??

Went to a Tupperware party last night and ordered more of the small tumblers for kids that have a lid and a straw hole. Love those for the grandkids! Most Tupperware-like stuff you can get at Walmart, and I was suprised to find out people still have parties.

Today's payday, so I need to pay the bills. My freezer in the shed went belly-up, so I guess I'll be shopping for a new one today. This time I want an upright one, so I don't have to stand on my head to get stuff from the bottom of the chest type that I have now.

Hope you have a happy Friday the 13th!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:07 AM   #35  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning!TGIF
Ohhh sorry i missed your birthday Cristi... Happy Belated birthday to you!!!!!!!! I wasn't on yesterday... i ave been busy cleaning around here.... mount dishmore is gone.... dont know what to do with mount toymore... and mount washmore.. is still high.. we dont have a lot of water here so i can only do a couple loads a day. Ahh well slow and steady. It has been cold here the last couple of days.. I had to light a fire yesterday and i think i willlight another one.. it is cold in here... Wow i can't wait until summer!.. (lol then i will be complaining about the heat... never satisfied ) WEll there was a lot of posts, so i will try to do this:

Ellen: YAY hello dear friend!! missed you! Your posts are always so pretty! Hope you feel a little better... the sun might help a little with that Winters are hard! Find a sunny place in the house and sit in it.. that is what the nurse tell me! Glad you are back!

Cristi: Happy Birthday again ... Hope you are feeling better today.. I am more then a little cranky when i am pmsing....It is like a monster crawls into my body and takes over

Susan: That guy is a wacko! hopefully the custody thing will be done soon! I am calling a lawyer today to deal with my ex.. i have tried on my own for a long time and am gettin nowhere.. so sorry.. i gotta do it.

Suetalks: I bet it was great for you Dh;s brother to get out for a while... And how nice for your mom to have a nice get together with her family!!

Katiecat: How lucky for you to be going to Ireland! I just read a book based in Ireland... It was fiction but it was still really good! My family comes from there so i would love to go someday and see it!

Katy: FOr sure enjoy your time with no kiddies.. I dont even remember what that is like! lol I love them but i sure have a lot of white hair for a 25 year old!!!

Marti: Lol ya i know about the cocky thing.. I feel so hot in my little car with the tunes blasting.. and i love it because guys look at me because they cant see my weight inside my car!! The other day i was driving through town and a carload of guys actually did a u-turn and followed me!! lol the stoppped when they realized i wasnt going to stop and chat... It was still a great feeling!

Jane: well sounds like you will be busy with that party!! *hugs* to Maggie.. I think acting like they are just gone away is a coping method.. because i still do that...i can;t help it.. it just feels nicer to think of them on vacation.. *hugs* to all of you.

Well I am feeling kind of rotten today.. just had to run to the bathroom... And no i am not pregnant.... I just do that sometimes... doctors still havent figured out what it is.. they dont know what to say so they say oh it is just nerves.. I dont think i have anything to be nervous about right now... Oh well.. I am used to it now... I am a pro..lol takes me a minute and i am up and at em again.. lol Ok sorry for the grossout this early in the morning. I lit the fire but it doesnt seem to want to catch.. Must be the air pressure outside.. it makes it hard to light sometimes.... Hmm my Blue Jay is back at my bird feeder.. he is a pig eats it all and doesnt leave any for the little birds! Oh well i will let him because he is sooo pretty! Ok i am done I hope everyone has a good week-end if i am not back!!! TTFN xxoo
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #36  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Jane you snuck in!! Good morning!
Old 05-13-2005, 10:38 AM   #37  
PamPSM644

Got the teeth ,girls. Bottoms arn't so bad but the uppers are a drag. Have to learn how to talk and eat. Drinking something means being careful not to druel. Chewing is also interesting. I may be dieting only because it's very strange to eat. Everyone says they look so real and natural but ('m not convenced. I think I look like a relitive of Chip and Dale.
Dee is off today so maybe she'll check in. We plan to go to Redlands and take a tour of a mansion there named Kimberly Crest. It was featured on A&E and is absolutly magnificent. Redlands is the most beautiful town. It's full of wonderful Victorian Homes, packed with them. My very favorite is the Morey Mansion. I've loved this house sense I was small. Check them out on line ladies, if you like old houses. Just do a search.
Look, Ellen and her pretty posts are back. Whoopi. Glad to see your back.
Cristi I'm sorry I missed your Birthday. I've so busy getting caught up on things I put off till I got the chompers. Hope it was a good one.

PAM
Old 05-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #38  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Cristi~ Happy belated birthday and anniversary! We actually have a name picked out already for both, boy and girl. I am crossing my fingers tightly that I can get the slip for the u/s cause I would really want to know!

Jane~ We have been looking for boxes. I think today, whenever Tommy gets home from work, we will go to the Uhaul place and put money down on a truck and get boxes. And yes, since I haven’t really had any other reassurance except for the squirminess the kick was very reassuring. When I graduated, 5 years ago, I had my graduation party the day after graduation. It was the only day that fit with ours and the caterers schedule.

Marti~ How did you know my plan? Just kidding. The funny part is we actually started the whole surge of pregnancies in my family, and now we are putting it to an end. We figure 6 grandkids in a year and a halves time is enough, don’t you think?

Ellen~ Thanks for the yellow tulip, how did you know I have two yellow tulips in my front yard? We are moving 2 hours away from where we live now. We are going to be living with my parents for the time being and then hopefully getting an apartment of our own. I am doing/feeling really good. I just started to get more of an appetite and it seems like bologna sandwiches are the best thing to eat lately! How are you doing/feeling?

how is everyone doing today?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:40 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies!

Just a quickie to say hi for now. Took longer than expected to read everything in between chasing down the neighbors dog. Had to run up for a potty break and V was heading to the PO and saw the neighbors dog so spent a few minutes trying to get it. All I did was spook it and it ran from me. So I came inside...was going to forget about it but then went back out to get him just as V was pulling up. He went next door to Wanda's deck, poor dog was scared. Had V get him and we finally got him back home. Went over there once to let them know the last time he got out but no one was home. Better let them know this time. V said their latch is bent...who knows. Anyway, we didn't make it to the show yesterday but did have a late lunch/early dinner. We are headed to the show in a few minutes to see Crash and have lunch there. They have a nice theatre that has a diner in it and while people have said they are a little high on their prices, every one agreed the food is good. I feel like I have been pigging out all week, or since V has been home. But weighed at the docs this morning and it shows I lost 1/2 pound-I'll take it.

Anyway, ladies...gotta go for now but I will be back later to do individuals. Take care and have a GREAT day!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #40  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Very tired right now yet I can't sleep. Worked on hour over....the computers were backed up which made them stall and it was frustrating since I was ready to go home!! Finally made it home and got to bed around 5:00. Then was up at 9:30. Sheesh!!

BUT---It's FRIDAY!!!

Cristi--I don't believe I've heard of crash, whose in it? I hope it's a good movie and you enjoy it. Have you heard about the Narnia Books getting a movie? "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"? Someone was talking about it at work last night. I would like to see that when it comes out.

Mindee--My family had a little surge of pregnancies this year. My sis and two of my cousins had babies earlier this year. So three brand new babies squirming around. They asked me if I was planning on having a baby when they all found out they were pregnant....uhh--no.

Terri--WooHoo!! Getting followed by a carload of guys! Nothing like that to make the esteem rise a little! I get looks from guys all the time....no wait, my CAR gets looks from guys all the time! I still get people who stop me and ask me what kind of car I have. Fun!

Jane--I'm looking forward to Jhanai's little ceremony. I can't believe she didn't tell me before I did my months scheduling! Too bad for work..I'll just call in! Wouldn't miss that for the world! Today her and her dad are at the coast for a field trip. And they didn't take the bus, the took a coach so all the kids can be more comfortable! Can you believe that? I've never heard of such a thing!

Sue--Wow...big family! If you throw a dinner party, hopefully you'll have lots of help so you get to actually visit instead of spending all the time in the kitchen! Have a great weekend of family time.

Susan--Hugs to Gaby. Hope the sniffles go away soon and she starts to feeling better. The sun is peeking out for Oregon......she'll love being outdoors more w/you.

Ellen--Always great to see you posting. My nerve issues are over. It usually last a couple days to a week every month. Kind of like TOM!! Maybe it's related somehow?? Sure glad to have you back and posting. LOVE the little poem.

Pam--Sorry that it's taking some time getting used to your new choppers. But in the end, you'll love them. My dad is a whole new person!! He smiles more than he used to. And he's no longer sick all the time! Bad teeth cause health issues and I know he had many!

hello to all the others I'm missing!

Well I may just attempt to go back to bed and sleep a little more. I'm so tired right now.

You all have a wonderful Friday!!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #41  
Closed

Good Afternoon Ladies
The sun is shining brightly , but darn its cold still, I turned off the heat weeks ago , but I wish it was on today, I warmed up the living room with the fireplace heater , that helped a bit thankgoodness. Its Friday the 13th maybe I should crawl under the bed and stay there till tomorrow. Haven't planned much for the day , maybe I will make another list of things to do , or maybe I should just do the things on the other lists and I won't need to make anymore lists I have created more work for myself, I have decided after a long long long long winter, that I am painting , I heard that sigh, Yes you have heard it before I know the big discussion about the red living room and then the taupe, well neither happened, thankgoodness,and now I have decided that I need a change of scenery, No I'm not moving or going on a vacation, I am changing the decor, to bright happy colors. I have been wanting to recover my loveseats for years and now with my tax return I am doing it. I am painting the walls a nice creamy yellow, and I am covering the loveseats in a floral fabric of yellows peachy pinks and green. The things that I cannot use in my rooms my daughter can take to her house, if she'd like to.I have picked the paint ,picked the fabric, now I just have to order it.I am really hoping that the change in colouring will have a more positive effect on me.If not I will cry a lot I need to begin prepping to paint, and although I don't normally mind painting, I am not looking forward to it yet. This was supposed to be my makeover year, weight loss , new hair style, clothes, a new me, " r i g h t" Oh well , maybe when I change my atmosphere things will change for the better. My daughter is moving in a few weeks, my son has made an apartment in the basement,and will be travelling out of town a lot for shows with the band. I'm not as worried about being alone as I used to be, but having said that , no one is gone "yet" So what do you girls think of the colour scheme, how does it sound . I drive every one crazy don't I

Hi Jane
I was watching Everyone loves Raymond the other day and they were having a tupperware party, I remember my mother used to attend parties years ago, and we had all these brightly coloured bowls pitchers salt and pepper shakers and cups, I think it would be fun to go to one now, has the tupperware sold at the parties changed much over the years, ? To bad about the freezer ,but good luck I guess, you can now change to an upright model , they are much more conveinient, a woman must have invented the upright model, Have a great day, even if your paying bills, as long as you can pay them its a great day

Hi Mindee
I knew about the tulips , because I'm physic ,not physco don't confuse the two, Glad to hear your doing so well, it will be nice when you have your own place again , but it will be nice to spend time with your family to. Bologna and mustard mmmm I used to crave that when I was expecting, but its not so for good for you.How is Brandon dealing with the baby news, is he excited to have a little brother or sister? My son was really excited to have his little sister, but when she was asked it she would like a sibling the answer was a resounding no. It would be nice to know the sex of the baby, helps you to plan for the things you need, especially if its a little girl this time. I used to love to dress my daughter in the frilliest dresses bonnets little lace sockies and matching booties, oh how I miss those days. Its your time now so enjoy every moment of it.

Hi Cristi
Its a challenge chasing down a dog , or cat, every once in a while Baggins shoots out the door and runs through my neighbours fence , into their yard , and trots around till he gets tired of the chase, and does'nt have a plan for his escape. He's so funny he runs so fast to get out and then he flops when he realizes he has no where to go. Dogs just keep on truckin. Glad you and V got him safley back home, I hate to see lost animals ,running and frightened.Your a good neighbour.Congratulations on the half pound, its more rewarding when you lose, when you are sure you have gained, I'll take it any way it comes to Hope you had a great Birthday

Hi Terri
Thankyou I am glad to be back , I missed you all so much.Funny you should say find a sunny place in the house, problem is because my house is surrounded by beautiful old trees, on one side, I don't get any direct sunlight which has been an ongoing problem for me. I live in a semi-detached home , and the only side that could have windows didn't , so I had to put in two,one on the bottom and one at the top landing of the staircase. This helped to bring more light in. I am always thinking of places to bring in more light ,without moving, thats why i have planned to paint and decorate with cheery colours. My House before I moved here was that way, but when I came here, I guess I was desperate for change, but the colours didn't work positively for me. So I am off on a new adventure Wow its cold here to, can't believe it, I turned my heat off weeks ago, and its chilly in here Hope your having a great day,and you feel better soon.((HUGS)) Terri are you familiar with War On The Shore Metal Music Festival in August,in Thunder Bay, My Son is playing in it.

Hi Susan
Poor little Gaby, I hope she feels better soon,its no fun being sick.I can't believe your still struggling with all those custody issues, when will it end for you. By the time they get it settled she will be grown up and gone,dang it I know what you mean about teen girls love em to death , but they sure are noisy. Has your chili bean fetish past yet ,have you moved on to something new Whats new in your life, did you get married to anyone while I was away ,win the lottery, buy shares in Hostess twinkies.Did you get the table and chairs? Inquiring mind wants to know.Hope your having a wonderful day.((HUGS ))

Hi Pam
I bet you new toofies look marvelous, it takes a while to get used to things like that, but you will be a pro in no time.Druling is not the most attrative trait but the weight loss from it could be very good I want to go to the Redlands with you and Dee , can I come please, I love old homes especially victorian, how far is it from where you live? Sounds like your a girl on the go with your new pearly whites , enjoy

Hi Sue
Thankyou its good to be back chatting with you all again, hope all is well with you, sounds like you have a busy weekend planned, Hope you have a lovely time, with your family and have a great day.

Hi Marti
Glad to hear your feeling better, Hopefully your back in bed,sleeping and catching up on your rest.It is Friday, and that means the weekend begins,so I hope you have a wonderful one.

Hi to all you girls,
I hope your having a wonderful day and that its warmer where you are, cause its chilly chilly here

Last edited by Tea Rose; 05-13-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

Good afternoon!

No, I still crave beans Ellen. The bad thing about that is it HAS to be Wendy's chili and there is no Wendy's in my part of town. so here I sit and suffer!

hmmm, yes Mike is a wacko but he is MY wacko *sniff* How I got blessed with such an over the top one I will never know. lol. Sheesh,,,,,,,,I haven't heard from him since last week when he called to see if I wanted to settle.

Course his phone is temp out of service. Just as well. He will be in town today though to pick up his other daughter. Maybe he will give me a jingle??

I am starving, so I am going to go.

Not married yet.
Still no chairs and table. Though Doug has a nice cute one that I want him to bring over. He won't though.
I didn't win any lottery.
Custody thing is going on 8 months now in June. YAWN,,,,,,,,,,Gaby is riding in her tricycle to her first day of college. Wow.......will it ever end?? Even I am bored with it. Though the custody evaluation is the highlight. I hope I pass for being her mom?? lol

k- out of here!
Old 05-13-2005, 05:17 PM   #43  
Closed

HIYA SUSAN
You don't sound very cheery today, why don't you come help me paint , we can go to Wendys get some chili, buy some twinkies and have a party.Gaby can play with the kitties, how does that sound.Don't worry about passing for being her Mom, your a Great Mom . Hopefully you really are cheery and just hungry,
Old 05-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #44  
kitty Momo

Hi Ellen,

I WAS hungry! I only had an apple for breakfast and a cup of coffee. I walked around the block to Western Union and paid my phone bill, made some money orders for my tires that I bought, Mike's mom, and my lawyer.
Walked across to Panda Express and bought some chow mein and 2 side entree's.
Walked home and ate it all up!! Now I am not hungry any more but I am thirsty!
I didn't get any sleep last night. Tossed and turned and listened to Gaby whimper in her sleep. She still isn't feeling up to par.
She went to grandma's today.

I had an early morning meeting for our safety committee. Can yo believe I am on it Ellen?? I know nothing about maintenance - lol. They made me the note taker. Had the head of HR and the director of public housing in there.

Mike's ex just called. She said that he just left a message on her phone number. He called her a co*&su&^er and he hoped she rot in ****. She wanted to know why he was so mad. Thought he might have talked with me - lol............nada........

Anyway, he wasn't coming in this weekend (he said he was sick)to get his other daughter. He hasn't seen her in a month.

My point exactly. He is never going to be stable in his visitation with Gabster,,,,,,,,,if he ever hurts her I am going to maime him!

ahhhh - better get.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:12 PM   #45  
Closed

So that was a no to the painting chili and twinkies
Incase your hungry later on

Last edited by Tea Rose; 05-13-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Closed Thread