Old 05-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #31  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all - I'm back from my travels!

I had a nice time visiting my brother in London and also got to see my sister, her kids and my best friend too. I am really glad to be back home!

We did sooooo much walking - and my brother is really tall and slim and just walks so fast, I was constantly rushing to keep up with him! The one thing I noticed was everyone is so skinny in London (must be all that walking!) - even though I've lost 21lb, I'm sure I was the fattest person there! I just felt like a big lumbering whale and it really got me down after a while - I felt really uncomfortable and self conscious all the time.

I am aching to get all this weight off me NOW!! I'm joining the gym either this week or next week and I'm going to go all out to get this weight off - I am sick of feeling this way, I want to feel light, pretty and full of energy!

It sounds like Spring fever has struck our group and everyone is raring to go - that is great because we can all really help eachother along.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:06 AM   #32  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... had another 3 pointer yesterday ... and like you Faye I was really trying to fight off the temptation last night, it gets really bad for me between 7:30-8:30 for some reason, and I make it a rule to not eat anything after 7:30 at night so it gets hard ... I feel for ya

and Faye - yes my dh seems to be alot better, he says the pain is pretty much gone except for about 15 mins when he first gets up in the morning, and even then it is slight ... there is no guarantee that he will not have to have another one in the future but at least if he does we know it works, so I am so glad he is up and around again, now I am just having a hard time keeping him from doing things he shouldnt, like mowing the yard and picking up heavy items... gotta watch him like a hawk sometimes ... he is pretty good about it though ... I think you are doing such a wonderful job this week with all your four pointers !!! Keep it up!!!

Amanda - So glad to have you back... I have been in those situations before where I was the biggest one around, it does really get you motivated , but hey you are on the right track !!! Good luck !!

Julie, Nikki, and everyone have a good day!!! Stay OP Everyone !!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #33  

So get this, I am hanging out with some friends and this new guy last night and we went to the video store to rent a movie. It was like 11:45 and the place closed at midnight. One of the girls who worked there, who happened to be a big girl, came up and said, "Just to let you guys know, we are closing in 15 minutes." and walked away. As she is walking away, this guy I'm with says under his breath, "Stop following us, you Fat F***!" Why is it necessary to say that, it was compeletly inappropriate to say anything at all. All she did was tell us they were closing! I was so appauled and embarrassed for him. It's bad enough to say things like that at all, it's even worse to say it within earshot of them, while hanging out with a girl who is overweight herself. This was the first time I had ever met this guy, needless to say, I was not impressed in the least bit. It really disgusted me, actually.
Other than that everything has been kosher over here, keepin up with the excersice and eating okay.
Amanda-Welcome back! I definately know what its like to be the biggest person around. My two best friends are all tiny, one wears like a size 2 and the other wears a 6 or so, while I was rolling in a size 20 for the first year or two we all hung out.
Faye-Great job on your points! That is so awesome! Hopefully Jack will get over his infection soon, I've had a couple that stayed wayyy past it's welcome.
Julie-If you ever get a chance to learn to surf, take it! It is one of the biggest rushes ever. I got my friend, who hated water with a passion, wanting to buy a surfboard because she had such a blast. It can tear you up though. The other day my leash fell off my ankle after a wipe out and a pretty strong wave was coming so I dove to grab the board before it got washed up and I had to chase it down. The wave broke right as I was grabbing the board and it flipped up and knocked me over and when it came down it slammed into my head and pushed me under the water for a good while. By the time I came up from the water I was almost positive I had a concusion, with the headache, dizzyness, and not being able to see straight. It still hurts for me to comb or brush my hair in the area I got hit. It's so worth it.
Carrie & everyone else- Hey, hope ya'll have a great day!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #34  

POINTS: ( I am lazy and didn't want to have to do 2 posts so I started another pts for today from page 2)

Carri:

Amanda: WELCOME BACK WE MISSED YOU!!!!!! For once, we actually remembered someone in our group went on a trip and was going to be away for awhile! Well, at least, Julie reminded us anyway..... I want you to start working hard so you will feel better about yourself. You know, you made a comment about being the fattest person. SO WHAT????? You need to throw those crappy thoughts right out the window and not let them come back. You are making strides again and that is what is important. Remember, BEING FAT IS NOT UGLY, BEING UNHEALTHY IS. You are gorgeous and fantastic.

I guess the Faye of old is back, huh? I know I feel like that old girl so up on herself, so positive and upbeat is back anyhow. I even went to my weight loss wesbite and hard as it was, updated it with pictures that are current and updated my journal etc. You know who probably gave me the courage to do it? Dottie from the DWLZ. I had to look something up there this morning and I looked at her conference pictures and noticed she has gained quit a bit, I guess from quitting smoking. Anyway, though I did feel sorry for her as she had been at goal for like 4 years, I realized that like her masthead says, "one day at a time, no guilt than move on," was really what she is all about and if she could post pictures and be honest with herself, I certainly could. I am back on track to doing what I should and learning from my mistakes and trying to not only correct them, but get rid of the stupid things.

Ladies, the fact is, our thread has dwindled because ALL of US instead of riding out the storm, have hidden. I know, who wants to come here and complain or let each other know we have gained back that precious weight we have lost? BUT, WHO KNOWS BETTER THAN OUR ORIGINAL GROUP WHAT IT HAS COST US AND WHERE CAN WE REALLY GET THE UNDERSTANDING WE NEED BUT WITH OUR GROUP?????? I hope that you will take a lesson from me and try and come back and post more often, tell us about what is going on in your lives other than just losing or stalling. Getting our group back where it once was strong and powerful and a beacon to others who are struggling too!!!! I am not going to be making demands on you unless you want them. I have to be honest girls, do a pity party, and say that part of my not coming here had to do with the fact that everything I have tried to encourage the group seems to have failed. I tried the gift cards, the goals with the tracker, etc and it seemed to only last a month or two then everyone quit posting pts, lbs or whatever. Now please understand I am not finding fault, after all, I wasn't doing what I was supposed to either, but I want our thread to get back to where it was and in doing so, help you get back to where you want to be. Give me suggestions what you would like to do. Do you want me to change the topics? We have had basically the same ones for most of the time. If so, what would you like to see as topics? What else can I do to help? I do think we need a weigh in so with that in mind, everyone gets a stab at how often you would like to post lbs down. WE NEED STRUCTURE HERE AND PART OF THAT IS HAVING TO HAVE SOME KIND OF PLACE TO COME AND ANSWER TO.

Everyone have a great day. I did some resistance training, but need to get my behind on the treadmill and quit stalling...

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #35  

Hi everyone,
Sorry I'm so late getting here. I had to drive 2 hours, teach a dance class to high school kids for 75 minutes, perform for 1/2 an hour and then drive back home to get the kids! Phew, I'm pooped!!! BUT I made $300! So, I stopped at a gourmet cooking store on my way home and blew $150! I got a new coffee pot (my old one died this morning when I really needed it!!!) and a Tuscany cookbook, and some oil misters, and some bbq toys (skewers and a pan to use on the grill so you can do veggies & fish)...oh and a really pretty tea cup I"ve been wanting since Christmas. Guess I spoiled myself, huh? But I'm feeling so good about making it ONE WHOLE WEEK on South Beach phase one, that I think I deserve some new toys for cooking healthy meals.

So I got 4 points yesterday, and will probably have 4 today. I certainly got my exercise!!

Faye, I'm so glad you're feeling like your old self You know you're the reason we're all still chugging along! I think we're building momentum and we'll get there this year!

Nikki, that wipeout sounded nasty....but fun in a sick kinda way!

Amanda, WELCOME BACK! We missed you!!! Don't let yourself get down, just think about all the walking you did and that huge 21 pounds you lost! THATS FREAKIN FABULOUS!!!!! Remember just 6 months ago, you'd lose 3 pounds and then gain them right back....you're moving in the right direction. Keep it up.

Carrie, I'm glad your dh is feeling better. Mine went to the chiropractor today, hopefully there's some good news.

EVeryone else...HI!!

GOnna go play with my new grill toys now.....veggie shishkabobs...mmmmm.

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:28 AM   #36  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies and this week the folly is, what is the last stupid thing you said to your MIL (if you have one)?

Julie (ok, I am trusting you didn't go off the wagon last night for your extra bravo!!!)
Faye
Nikki

As far as the follies, my MIL passed away in 1989 so it is hard to remember, but I know I once said her dd was a B. (and she was and still is, but I shouldn't have said it)

My poor gs team got creamed 9-1 and the 1 was almost an accident! lol This team's coaches had taught their little ones excellent fundamentals, which ours is lacking in some areas. It was also HOT and HUMID sitting out there and I just wanted it to be over for the kid's sake and mine.

Jack is getting sick again and out of meds now, so I guess I am going to have to go to the store and get him some more. This stuff sure takes a long time to get rid of. Luckily, he isn't running a fever, but he feels miserable and has to work and that is no fun especially since it is only 6:20 AM and already around 75 degrees here and muggy.

Jack and I have already started planning a vacation for next year (we are doing something big financially next year so have to take a more modest vacation ) Anyway, I think we are going to go to Pennsylvania to a Mystery weekend there. It is pretty reasonable actually and sounds like a lot of fun. I ,however, have to get the lbs off so I can find costumes that would fit. I think we are going to do this prohibition one with Joe Kennedy and the mob selling bootleg whiskey. We have always wanted to go to one of these and dh has been searching to find something to appeal to us. If funds were unlimited, they have one in L.A. that is a train mystery on the American/Orient express for 7 days that goes to Seattle and back. The lowest cost is like 2300$ per person and that doesn't include the airfare to get there and back or any money or hotel etc you have to have before and after the thing ends. Wouldn't it be cool to do a murder mystery on a train though?

Well, I need to take meds, put laundry in dryer and start my day! Everyone have an OP day.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-13-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #37  

Good Morning everyone.

Yes, Faye, I did make it through last night without cheating so yesterday was a 4 pointer.

I weighed myself today and I seem to be fluctuating between 211 and 212. I was discouraged at first, but then I realized that a week ago I was 216! Plus, I tried on a pair of jeans I bought about a month ago. When I got em, I could barely pull them over my butt, and yesterday I could zip them ! So....I'm on the right track, just have to be patient!!

If you like to grill alot, I highly recommend getting some metal skewers and a grill plate with little holes so you can grill veggies! OMG, they were so good last night...the kids had fun loading up the skewers (which means I didn't have to!) and I just spritzed a little olive oil on them and some salt & pepper. They were so yummy!!! I didn't even eat the meat I cooked to go with it.
Tonight I think I'm going to grill some marinated shrimp MMMMMM

Oh, DH has managed to stay OP with me for 7 whole days! And he's lost 8 POUNDS Why do men always lose faster than women???? Oh well. It's okay, cuz he needs to get healthy too. I think he was sneaking alot of sugary snack food at work, and he's completely cut that out now. So, I'm really proud of him. It's his 40th birthday today, and no cake allowed....I'm gonna make some sf jello and cool whip to go with the shrimp though.

Okay, enough rambling.....

Stay everyone!
Julie
Old 05-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #38  

Hey guys,
Yesterday got my water and excersice points but my food stuffs were all wrong, I went to a bachelorette party for one of my buddies. I have noticed that since I have started running I have acutally gained weight. When i started I was at 189 and as of this morning I am at 191. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and my legs are definately getting more muscular, but i dont know that that is really what is goin on. But, my heart is stronger, my endurance and engergy are up, I can do alot more, and I have confidence through the roof, so I am trying not to let the weight thing get to me. Trying being the operative word. Ugh. Well, one day at a time I suppose. Okay well, sorry to cut this short, but I gotta get outta here.
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #39  

Afternoon girlies! Hope you are all doing well this afternoon!

CONGRATS TO JULIE AND HER HUBBY ON THEIR LOSSES!!!

Julie: Sounds like a real, what does that song called it, Rump Shaker? Jiggle the fat right away. Sounds like you had fun shopping though and that is always cool! I would head straight for a handbag section I am afrain or shoes or both! I may be fat, but I am a clothes and shoes horse.

Nikki: Keep working at it and you will be where you want to be in nothing flat!

Dh should be home in about half an hour and I need to get dinner started as we eat really early. Take care and I will talk at you tomorrow. No game because T has pink eye, UGH!

Faye
Old 05-14-2005, 07:20 AM   #40  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny thoughts Saturday! Help us make it sunny and funny for each other!

I will check in later ladies

Faye
Old 05-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #41  

Hi everybody,
Hope you're all having a great weekend!

It's cold and rainy here...froze again last night!

Beats the crap outta 80s and 90s every day At least to me!

Talk to you all later.
Julie
Old 05-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #42  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is what is your favorite summer time food?

I like the availability of fresh fruit and veggies that are hot house grown or grown somewhere like Brazil and flown in.

I only got 2 on Friday and none yesterday but am up and going again today.

I will talk to you all later

Faye
Old 05-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #43  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi All,

I've had a bad few days foodwise - a combination of PMS, feeling a bit ill and having no vegetables in the house!

I'm back on track today and got on my exercise bike for the first time in 12 days! I'm stocking up on fruit and veg tomorrow, buying some new trainers and then signing up for the gym on Tuesday.

Everyone seems to be doing really well and is really motivated - I'm really looking forward to getting back on track after my trip away which has knocked my routine a bit.

FAYE - Keep up the good work sweetie. I'm glad you are feeling more yourself and more motivated and positive.

JULIE - It's great to hear you sounding so positive - congrats on the weightloss! It sounds like with your problems with carbs, South Beach will really help you to lose weight. Isn't it typical that your dh has lost loads already - men eh! You're doing great too though!

CARRI - 8lb in 2 weeks! I dream of weightloss like that!! You are doing really well. I'm glad your dh is doing so well.

NIKKI - Good for you for taking up running - like you say, your fitness will continue to improve dramatically. Don't worry about the couple of extra pounds at this stage - if you know you are eating right and exercising hard then the weight will start to drop.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 AM   #44  

Good Morning everyone!

I'm sleeeepyyyyyy this morning! Dh was up all night in excruciating back pain that went all the way down his leg. He's seeing the chiropractor, but this gal isn't doing much for the pain yet. If she doesn't do something amazing today, I'm taking him to MY Chiro. He's got sciatica, but I'm pretty sure the diet has made it waaayyyy worse because I realized last night that he's not getting his usual dose of potassium/magnesium. He's used to drinking ruby red grapefruit juice and eating lots of bananas. Since we started this diet, he's had none. I asked him if he'd been taking a multivitamin....Uh, no..... So I loaded him up with supplements, and I'm praying it helps cuz he's so miserable.

Anyway, life on South Beach is humming right along! I can't tell you all how great it feels to FINALLLY be back to business on this eating thing. I'm still slacking in the exercise dept., but I may soon have another dance class to teach during the week.

I've learned something about salads....I'm a lemon juice addict from WAYYY back. I eat it on just about everything. But I noticed on mother's day that restaurant dinners always seem more "fancy" or special somehow...even though I know I cook better than them. Well, it dawned on me that I always squeeze fresh lemon on my salads and meat at restaurants, whereas at home I just use the stuff in the plastic bottle. So I started buying real lemons and using that instead...WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I use like, 1/3 the amount of salad dressing that I normally use because the fresh lemon tastes so good!!!

SO whenever you can, get the freshest ingredients possible! It really makes everything taste so much better!!!

Amanda, Sounds like you're getting everything back in order...glad you're getting back to the gym.

I just want you all to know how much I cherish and appreciate the constant daily support in good times and bad...I have never been committed to anything for 2 1/2 years other than my family. So thanks! I know we can all reach our goals, and it doesn't matter how long it takes because we'll all be here cheering each other on until the end!! YOU GALS ROCK!!!!

TTFN,
Julie
Old 05-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #45  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is support. We truly need to support each other in this endeavor and people in our lives like family and friends who are working to get healthy too. Let's give everyone an extra little oomph of support this week.

Faye

I started out great but fell off last evening. I am up and at 'em this morning, though I slipped in the bathroom and sprained my ankle yesterday so I don't know how much treadmill I can do. May have to just do some resistance and weights today.

Julie: I will say a little extra prayer for dh and his back. Back pain is so very debillitating as it effects everything it seems. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Mine can't seem to get over this darn virus. He woke up coughing in the middle of the night and then we didn't get much sleep either after that. I slept in, but the darn animals kept jumping all over the bed and not settle down.

TO MY "GIRLS"

Carri: You inspired me when we started here. You were so up and working so hard. I know that this is something you can attain as you always put 100% when you work at it.

Julie: You amaze me with your children, sewing, writing and dancing. Keeping up with the world and eating properly. I am looking forward to the day when I see that goal # for you!

Amanda: You struggled so much and this year have taken off like a shooting star. I know that you can get to that magical number and you and Nigel get married and live happily ever after!

Nikki: I know you want to lose, but I think for someone as young as you, you stress too much about it. You seem to have an active life and if you can adjust your eating a tad, I think those unwanted lbs will come off! You inspire all of us that you are taking charge of your life now and not waiting until it is harder to come off. You can do this!!!!!

Susan: You are the person we truly look up too. You have done this, attained your goal and though you have to continue the fight everyday, you have accomplished what we all seek. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Dot: I know that you are not always able to get in here and there are periods of time we don't see you, but I just want you to remember we are here for you everyday rain or shine! You can accomplish what you want out of life so go for it!!!

For all the other girls who have drifted in and out here, let me say that I truly hope you have not given up. Strive to go forward with your life, making your desire to be healthy of utmost importance!

I will be back later girls

Faye