Old 05-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #16  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone ... hope you all had a great Mothers Day weekend for those who are mothers ... I had another OP weekend and it was very hard going out for my MIL's dinner and my Moms homemade chicken and noodles ...but I did it !! Getting stronger every day - this is my year!!!

Nikki - Great job on the exercise !!! That is very cool about that guy who made the fat comment, c'mon that is crap!! But hey I guess you got him, huh? Dont ya love that? Keep up the good work!!

Julie - Congrats on sticking to SB, I hear those first two weeks are a killer !!
But I know both you and your dh can do it, it is so much easier when your dh is doing it with you ... It was cold in Maine this weekend? I am telling you I need to move up there It was like in the 80's down here this weekend and probably will stay there this week ...

Faye - Glad to hear that you went out and got the foods you need to get back OP!! Now there is no stopping you ( except you ) ... I know you can do this and have a good amount of pounds off before Vegas!! Good luck to you !!!

Amanda - HI !!!

Talk to you all later, I better get back to work... I am having a severe case of the "Mondays", ha ha
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #17  

Ok, girls, we have pretty much wasted 4 1/2 months so let's make the rest of the year count. Let's get those lbs off and not only that, but LEARN where our weak points are and not go back to bad eating habits.

I am doing great this morning. I am on my way to 4 pts today. Got my downstairs cleaned including cleaning the vent filter on my stove vent (UGH!) and washing living room curtains. Waiting for a load to dry before I can get them in the dryer. I also cleaned the oven, ok, well, I turned the knob so the self cleaner would clean..... and gathered all the upstairs trash and took it out to garbage. I will probably clean upstairs either tonight before "How'd They do that?" comes on at 7 or wait til in the morning and get started bright and early.

You know, I have no idea why I let myself slip so far backwards other than the fact I have had some depression and stress that I let really get to me the last few months. I don't think I have ever really had any kind of depression, but since the beginning of the year I seem to be down. I have let the menopause stuff get to me because I think I am making strides to being over and past it then back I am to having periods and hot flashes, etc. I have not only gained a lot of weight back, I am retaining water so I am swelling in the evening, my clothes don't fit again and I look awful. I have to go back to square one and work on the emotional side of eating too, but I am doing that.

Everybody have a great day. I need to go check laundry

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:05 AM   #18  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are going to target meat this week. For those of you, not vegans or some type of vegetarian, it is important to get a variety of meat. Lean cuts of beef and pork, chicken, turkey, and fish and seafood are good for you. Refrain from fattier cuts like pork steak, pork roast, organ meats, dark poultry parts, etc. Eat some kind of fish 3 times a week if you can but be sure and get at least one serving in a week.

I am on my way, got 4 pts yesterday!

I will check in later ladies

Faye
Old 05-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #19  

Hi Everyone!

4 days down, 10 to go.....
4 points for me yesterday, and the sun is finally shining here for the first time in like...a WEEK!

Faye, I think we all just got a severe case of diet burnout...but it seems we're all gearing up for another go, thanks in part to our newcomers who are fired up and losing!

I sneaked a peak at the scale when I started this SB thing last Friday, and I was up to 216!!!!! But today I'm down to 211.........So something is finally clicking. I just have to get through this restrictive phase and then not go crazy when I'm allowed to eat grains again. I really think it's the pasta and bread that get me craving and then I just can't stop eating and eating and eating. Yesterday I was hardly hungry at all. I didn't eat my usual late supper after dance class, just went to bed. And I'm not really all that hungry this morning, though I did make myself eat some eggs.

The kids are nagging me to get in the car, so I'd better get going.

Carrie, Amanda, Nikki, everyone...... Stay today! We can do this!!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:52 AM   #20  

Julie
Faye

Boy, we still haven't learned this is a lifestyle change, have we? We have been bouncing around all over the place. We still all seem to think in DIET mode instead of healthy life mode. We worry too much about the scales, don't try and make our daily food life NOT a priority. For example, we may finish eating then already be thinking what we will be fixing for the next meal or WHEN we can eat next. I am bad about this. When food overruns our life and controls us instead of controlling it, we cannot possibly win. Do you know when I feel in control? When I have let's say chocolate bars in the pantry and no desire to rush in and grab one. When I don't think of food every waking minute or how to organize what I eat, when I eat, etc. Our exercise shouldn't be a control issue either. It should just be a part of our life to enjoy. If we are truly DREADING it, we need to change what we are doing. We may not jump up and down at the thought of getting on a treadmill, but we don't try and think of ways to put off getting on it. That is why I love swimming so much. I rarely think "Man, I have to do this and I don't want to." I truly enjoy it. About the only time I don't is when the water is cold! Let's all give ourselves a chance here and not obsess about the food we eat. Be concerned, yes, but not obsessed. Most of all, let's all try and commit to make the last half of the year better for us than the first half was. Let's get that desire back we had two years ago and go forward with it again!

Faye
Old 05-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #21  
It is what it is...

Good morning all ... another 3 pointer yesterday ...

Faye - You were talking to me right? Ha ha That is me exactly, even after I have just ate and am full I am already thinking about what I am going to have for my next snack and next meal ... I constantly think about food, not so much at work but alot when I am sitting at home ... If I am out doing something and active I rarely think about it ... But I only do this when I am dieting, but as you said this is a life style change and I should look at it that way, because even if I get down to my goal weight I am still going to have to eat this way ...

Julie - Glad to hear you are down so much, great job ... once you get back OP it comes off quick for a while which is great ... I have lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks however I know that is going to slow way down soon, probably this week - but I have enjoyed it while it lasted !!

I almost had a week moment last night and ate my weight in peanuts, man do I love nuts! And I am nuts, what gives? JK ... but I did refrain, somewhat...so that was good ... I know we can all get alot of weight off this year ... !!!

Talk to you all later ... have we heard from Amanda lately? Oh she was going to her brothers I think ... oh well have a good day all !!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #22  

Julie - and the rest of you as well - one of our problems is we see the need to have food to celebrate every occasion from birth to death. How about thinking of something besides cake as a treat for your husband's birthday. I just sent our nieces fruit boquets for Mother's Day. It's really fruit and looks like flowers the way it is cut and arranged. We have trained ourselves to automatically think cake and ice cream for birthdays but it doesn't have to be that. For my birthday last October, my husband made me a "cake" out of fabric rolled up into the layers.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #23  

Faye and Susan,
Amen sisters! You're so right about everything. Too obsessed. Hungry now, going to go eat.

Julie
Old 05-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #24  

Hi girls! Sorry I've been MIA. Work's been pretty hectic and its been hard for me to come home and plan meals so i am pretty much hanging on a thread for two weeks now with the diet. Haven't gained, but pretty stuck right now. Hoping next week will be better.

Hope you're all doing good.
turningleaf4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:42 AM   #25  

Good Morning everyone,

5 days down, 9 to go! Woo hooooo............
3 points yesterday.

I think I need to eat more, believe it or not. My cravings went down, and I'm so busy lately that I'm not eating much at all. Guess I shouldn't complain, huh?

Well, see you all when you wake up.

Julie
Old 05-11-2005, 07:38 AM   #26  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes so complain away girls, now is the time to do it. Whining is even allowed today!

Julie
Faye

Julie: You KNOW you need to eat to lose weight so make yourself eat something if you are below where you should be.

Everyone have a good day and I will peek in later

Faye
Old 05-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #27  

Hey guys!
How's it going? I am pretty awesome! Yesterday I got to surf which i completely count as my excersice because the current was strong and i was swimming for more than twenty minutes trying to catch the boys that were already out there. This morning I got up and ran a quick 1/2 mile, but I am going running for real later tonight with my buddy. We are up to two miles now. I am actually feeling pretty awesome about myself and I keep getting compliments and commments to boost my ego even more . I suppose my only real woe is that I am sunburned really badly. I'm used to being kinda burned sometimes because I have a really light complexion and I live in Texas, but they never hurt and always go away in a day or so. I guess the sunscreen I was using wore off in the water and I was too busy having a blast so I forgot to reapply. Oh well, Im sure it will eventually come back to haunt me when I am older, but for now I just have a few days of discomfort.
I completely agree on the need to stop obsessing over what we eat. I am just like that, ALWAYS thinking about what Im eating next or how many calories Ive had already today. I always have better days when I just don't think about it and keep occupied til I am actually hungry.
Okay well, I gotta get outta here. Yall have a good day!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #28  

NIkki,
I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to learn how to surf!!! I used to live in San Antonio, but only got to the coast once.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Julie
Old 05-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #29  

I never learned to do any of those cool things, like snow ski, water ski, surf, etc. Now, I am too fat, my knee is shot and I couldn't if I wanted to. I hate lakes and oceans so wouldn't ever water ski or surf now and I am too big of a chicken to snow ski even if I could. I don't like the mentality of "only one way down the mountain."

Nikki: Glad you had fun and that is great exercise!

I am on track again today and I am so pleased with that.

It is very hot here today, nearly 90 and I am kind of worried about Jack. Hopefully he didn't have to work out in it or workin the blower building, which gets up to around 150 on hot days. He is still coughing and I may insist he goes back to the dr next week if he is not better by then. He says he still feels a little congested but he is not coughing anything up anymore, so I don't know. I just don't want him reinfected. I have my handy dandy antibacterial stuff everywhere I am so I luckily didn't get whatever he has.

I bought the cutest pair of capris and t-shirt. They are this beautiful aqua striped. I cannot however get my big fat butt into them, but I refuse to take them back. I am going to lose weight to get into them instead!!!!! I also bought a cute pink pair a couple months ago and they fit like a skin and show every roll and dimple so I need to lose to make them fit better too! On top of that, the swimsuit I want is on sale and I want to buy it, but I don't want to buy a bigger size so I am just holding off for now. I bought one a few months ago and it is pretty snug, but will probably be fine by the end of August.

I guess I better quit yapping and go. Everyone have a great afternoon!

Faye
Old 05-12-2005, 03:36 AM   #30  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so take some time for you today and do something special for yourself!

Faye

Carri: I have been meaning to ask, how is your husband is doing? Does this stuff seem to have done the trick for him?

Jack is sleeping in the recliner tonight as he is back to having congestion and such. I am up because I heard him coughing and saw the light on downstairs. You know me, ole worry wart. He says he is ok, but he is coughing up gunk again. I guess this stuff hangs on for awhile. My sister says they have had it about 3 weeks now.

I will check back a little later this morning. I am on a roll girls, 3 days straight of 4's. It is tough sometimes, but usually only in the evening when I want to go and get a snack. I didn't succumb last night and I was really tempted. I just have to hang in there and it will get better, it always does.

Faye