Old 05-17-2005, 02:28 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

I had too much salt yesterday, just two lean cuisine meals... but that is enough to keep ahold of the water.

No, I don't watch AI, but I may be flipping channels, so who knows what I'll end up watching. I want to see Renee and Kenny together too.. they make such an odd couple.

I am just getting my weekly food. Making out my grocery list now so I can cover everything til this weekend. I usually go to the store twice a week... I just don't like planning that far ahead.

I was wondering about everyone as well. I hope they are all doing OK. So, Julie.. are you feeling well enough to exercise today or just well enough to survive?

OK.. back to work.. (burning some music.. hahaha.. busy working .... ) I'll talk to you soon!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:49 PM   #77  

Cherie, I am going to push myself to get some low impact excercises in today and maybe some sit-ups. I am not running a fever so I think I can handle it . Chasing these kids are running after them is burning a few, I think . It is just this congestion that has got me feeling yuck.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:51 PM   #78  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, sorry I got a little AWOL. Home computer is still in for repair and yesterday I got tied up downtown getting some building permits, just sitting and waiting for most of the day. Did I tell you guys that I signed up Michael for Karate lessons last week? His classes are Mon. and Wed's nights right around the corner from our house so it's really convenient. He seems to be enjoying himself and I hope this improves his concentration and attention span. He is really bright in school but has a slight problem w/talking too much and just moving around in general--you know, like he's got ants in his pants? I asked the teacher about ADD or ADHD(?) and she said no way, which relieved me a little bit. She has worked exclusively w/ADD and developmentally delayed kids prior to this school and she said he does not display the characteristics of it, just has a problem being still--hello? He's a 6 y.o. boy.

But anyway, how are y'all doing? I didn't even hear about Rene Z and Kenny Chesney getting married until you guys mentioned it. I had to go and google it. I like Rene but lately she seems to be getting a little kooky? But the best for them. I guess when you get older you can just realize what you want out of life and go for it instead of playing the waiting game and beating around the bush? So who do you guys think is an odder couple? Renee and Kenny or Sandra Bullock and Jesse James? .....Hmmmmm....

Julie, sorry to hear you're still under the weather. I hear you on that cough, mine held on for weeks! Hope you can kick it quick. I was a little hooked on Nyquil for a while just to get some sleep. How are the kiddos doing? Are you up for AI tonight? I was kinda bummed because I missed most of the finale for Everbody Loves Raymond...did anyone else watch that show? I wasn't a regular viewer but I did watch quite a few and they were really funny.

Cherie, sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend. Those are the best. Hey, belated happy n0n-anniversary. It's better to realize when your dream isn't working and let it go than to keep with it and be miserable. Look at what you have now! 2 beautiful girls and a handsome, sweet man "friend".

Cal, whew 97 degrees in springtime? I was whining when it hit 90 here I know, I know, it's a dry heat... So what's the first thing you'll be doing on summer vacation? Wasn't Alberto's nephew coming out to visit? That should be a good change of pace.

Kempy, how are you enjoying your Tempurpedic? Rick scored a full-sized adjustable one and we put it in Michael's room. If it were a queen or king size I'd be at home cleaning out and making room for it for me. I even woke up at around 4 a.m. this morning and crawled into bed w/Michael, just to sleep on that mattress....

Angie, did the summer crowd hit you yet? Hope all is well. We just got Leper the gray tiger kitten (or Leppy as we now call him) fixed yesterday and now there's a new funky, almost brindle colored kitten coming around, it's so ugly, it's cute. It has a neat triangle of orange on his black face. I may just trap that one and get it fixed as well and let it be a playmate to Leppy. I guess I am getting to be the crazy cat lady in my neighborhood. I'm working on trapping more adult cats from my neighbor though, poor things are starving.

Anywhoo, I guess I should get some work done. I'll try and pop in later. Have a good one.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #79  

Hey guys. I am sitting here listening to AI. I am really not into it this year. I think Bo should win though.

Noelle I watched Raymond last night. I thought it was better than most season finalies. I watch the reruns of it at night and it usually has me rolling on the floor. Ray is such a wimp sometimes.

Cherie it sounds like you had a great time. Don't you love Sam's? I used to live around the corner from one and I sure do miss that. We don't have one here. We ahve to drive to New Orleans or Baton Rouge to go. Not a quick trip.

Julie I need to post a pic of Mother's day so that you can see the crawfish. I think they will show up. Hope you feel better. I have been having a funky day today. I know what the culprit is though. PMS

Angie what's going on chic? I guess you are really busy.

Cal I bet we are right behind you in the temps department. It is getting pretty hot over here too. Time to stay inside more.

I was able to hit the beach on Sat.a dn for about an hour on Sun. It started to rain a little so we went back home. We did have a good time though. Of course I ate and drank way to much and now I am really bloated. On top of the normal blotation from PMS. You know, sometimes it sucks to be a woman. I wish I could just go one month without bloating. That would be great.

Ok, I am going to try to post a pic.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:09 PM   #80  

Default Crawfish

Here is the table with some of the crawfish. Joe is in the Red. My sister is in the background and so is my brother. They are the ones with the red hair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cboil.jpg (40.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-17-2005, 09:41 PM   #81  

Oh Noelle Bo was great tonight on AI if you want an early update. Actually they all were good. One more week I guess until the last show.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #82  

Good Morning everyone... Wednesday already? Yeah.. I guess so.

Kempy.. that crawfish boil looks YUMMY.... and your weekend sounded nice too.. I would love to go to the beach soon.

I am doing OK.. I did my Pilates and my 1 hour of running last night. Boy, the running was HARD last night. I ate right before I started exercising, and it just sat in my stomach. ICK. It was the SouthBeach 4 Cheese pizza, on a whole wheat crust, and it was soooo yummy ( you can't microwave it, you gotta cook it.. ) but man, the sodium content on that is outrageous. Over 1000 mg. Anyway.. as I tried to run, I kept wanting to stop.. and I had to remind myself over and over, that this isn't supposed to be easy, and to keep going. Thankfully I did. This morning, I was able to get my lazy butt up out of bed and do a quick 20 minute run. I always feel much better during the day if I get moving first thing in the morning... even though its like **** to get myself up.

Julie.. I watched the Country Music Awards last night, and there was no sign of Renee being there with Kenny.. and after he won male vocalist of the year, he didn't even include her in his speech.. not that she has been around enough to contribute to his sucess, but I thought it rather strange he didn't mention it. He did however have on a shiny new wedding ring. :-)

Well, I got a letter from DHS yesterday, and my contract for DHS assistance/child care assistance is about to come to an end. I have to reapply. I am so scared I won't be approved again. There is no way I can afford day care for two kids. Day care is so outrageous. Steven still isn't paying me any child support, and if I get turned down, then I am going to have to garnish his wages... however, once I do that, he will probably quit his job and possibly move back to Texas where not only will I not get child support, I won't be getting any time off from the girls either, like I do every other week here lately. I'm just really stressed out about that and what's going to happen.

OK.. I guess I need to get busy here at work. I'll check back in later!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:20 PM   #83  

I just had an intense craving for chili....... I could almost smell it! I might have to make some this weekend to get past this. :-)
Old 05-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #84  

Hi Girls

How is everyone doing today?? Half way through the week. So I guess that is good.

Oh Cherie, I will say some prayers that everything works out and you continue getting child care assistance. Daycare is so expensive!! That is part of the reason I am not back at work yet. I can't afford daycare. I could work nights and weekends but this is what we are doing right now. Do you really think Steven would move away from his girls?? Whatever happens I hope the best for you and the girls. I can't believe how much you excercised last night and this morning. Wow. I want to try and excercise, I know it sounds like an excuse but the weather has sucked here lately. I can't wait until summer. Last summer I would take a walk around 7:30 pm get all sweaty and come home and take a shower. Also I thought is was weird he did not even (Kenny) make a tiny mention of his new wife. I did not watch but come on. Maybe they just want to keep thing private. You and I are sure chili lovers. That is my dd's favorite supper. When I ask her what she wants she says chili and noodles always. I guess it is super healthy for her, so I can't complain. Meat, veggies, and carbs . Btw I might have to try those SBD pizzas. Last night we grilled chicken, onions, peppers and had them on whole wheat tortillas. I was so bloated last night. Some of that whole wheat stuff tears up my tummy. I probally just ate more than I should have. Well have a good day at work and I hope it goes by fast!!

Hi everyone else....Have a wonderful day . Going to drink some tea or water or a diet soda to get this cough under control. Bye for now!!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #85  

Hey guys. I just got through putting away the gorceries. I really hate going to Wally world. I have to stop at two places evey time I go b/c another store usually has some good things on sale. It is kind of weird how I have turned into this super shopper. I used to not even care about how much I spent. I guess it is the fact that I am not working as much now so I have to pinch the pennies.

Cherie I have never tried the SBD meals. I usually load up on the budget gourmet stuff. I can't beat $1 per thing. That is the cheapest meal ever. I will have to look for them though. I don't even know if we will be working out tonight. We just got a pallet of sod and we need to get it out. Tomorrow is Joe's little sis's graduation so that will make us miss another workout. Will ya do a little workout for me?

Julie I love chili too. I make a mean one if I can say so myself. Plus, it is really healthy. I found it in a recipe rescue book. They take all of your favorite dishes and make them better for you. Joe loves when I make it. In fact my neighbors love when I make it too. I invite them over to eat when i make it.

I really need to get outside and fill my bird feeders but it is so hot I hate to go. My hummingbird feeders are empty though so I guess I need to bite the bullet and just get out there. The poor things come to the feeders and they are empty.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:10 PM   #86  

Kempy... I need that recipe for healthy chili.... I make mine, but I still think it has too many calories in it. I blame it on all the kidney beans I put in it.. not to mention the salt. Oh.. don't worry, I'll dedicated 20 minutes of my run tonight just for you! ;-) You go have fun. I personally have no life during the week, so I have plenty of time to work out. It's just getting my butt off the couch and onto the treadmill that is the problem. I think I am one of the laziest people I know.

Julie.. the pizza from SBD is great, however, it's just so dang expensive. Almost three dollars for a frozen one person pizza. I'm eating that when I am giving my daughters the 99 cent one from Tortinos!

As for Steven.. he may decided to move back to Texas.. he could certainly get a better job there, paying much better than what he is getting right now... it would just leave me with the girls 24/7 and I really don't want that. I enjoy my time off from being a mom every now and then.

OK... back to pretending to work!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #87  

Cherie the chili is as follows:

1-2 lbs of ground meat rinsed and drained
2 cans kindey beans drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 med. sized jar salsa
1 can rotel toms. or mexican diced tomatoes
chili powder to taste
ground cumin to taste

I usually just dump it all together. You are going to have to put a good amount of the chili powder and the cumin. I usually add some Tony's too and a little Tobasco but I know you have the kiddos to feed too. I bring it to a slight boil and then turn down the heat and stir frequntly. Once the beans are a little softer it is done. I hope I wrote it so it is understandable. Let me know if you have any questions. I love it b/c it is easy and cheap. I call this my dump chili. I know that sounds gross but that is all I do with the ingredients and it comes out great.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:25 PM   #88  

Kempy your chili sounds great. I think I get overloaded with calories with the noodles and the cornbread or oatbran muffins I make to go with it. All those carbs and calories add up!! I remember you do not have noodles with your chili. We always do up here. Sometimes I make it like a soup with a huge can of tomato juice or just add a packet of seasoning and ground beef, beans, tomato sauce, onions and celery and serve it thick on topped of hot cooked noodles with melted cheese and sour cream. Yum I think that sounds great for tonight. I bet you are the chili girl in your neighborhood with that recipe. Kempy laying sod is excercise for sure!! Btw I love hummingbirds. They are spectacular to watch.

Cherie, maybe if he moved back to Texas and found a better paying job he could start paying support?? But I know you deserve time off once in a while
believe me I understand. These two have been at my hip all day . Oh and I know the frozen meals can be expensive sometimes.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:28 PM   #89  

Cherie, since we are from all over the country, do you serve your chili with noodles?? Just curious.

Kempy dh has to have Tony's with his chili now. I don't know how he ever ate it without it.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:46 PM   #90  

Yum Kempy.. that sounds great.. and No Julie.. I don't serve my chili with noodles.. :-) I am from Texas... home of the spicy chili. There we make it with lots of peppers and have it with crackers and cheese or fritos! YUM!

I just got a nice compliment from my HR Director... he has noticed I have lost (in his words) lots of weight. I have lost 13.5 pounds, so it's not lots yet.. but it made me feel good that someone here at work has noticed!

Well, it's about time to go home... that has just given me the extra motivation to run tonight! I'll do that after dinner and after the girls swim in the pool. Maybe by the end of the month, I'll be brave enough to try the cold water and swim myself!

Talk to you all later!