Old 05-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #46  

Good Morning Girls

Noelle your Mother's Day sounded really nice. Chocolates. Yum. And a chain, how nice. My dh got me a Home Depot gift certificate?? I thought he may do something more romantic but I get myself a new hammer or tool belt or drill now, just kidding.LOL. I know he means well but I will just settle for picking out some flowers to plant or a new lamp. He could have gotten me nothing at all . Keep your A/C going and stay cool . Are you watching AI tonight?? Poor kitty btw, how sad. That was so nice of you to try and save it. You have such a big heart.

Angie your girls are to funny. You will have to show them those cards when they are older. How sweet of your son. Your day sounded great too. Scones I bet will sell great with the tourists. They go great with a cup of coffee. Your recipes sound great. You are right there are so many kinds you can make.

Cherie, what a sweetheart and how fun!! I agree with Noelle. It will work out. Another trip to look foward to, lucky you girl!! I hope your ex took the news okay and did not give you any trouble. Did you watch the Bach. tell all last night? I could not believe the Sarah girl. She just thinks she is the most beautiful thing in the world. I did not see all of it, was trying to get meds in my ds. Isn't it so hard, dh and I got it in. And it stayed in!! I have a hard time watching them take it, but it is for the best, I guess I am a total wimp.

Kempy I would love a king size bed. It sounds like you are all crawfished out!! I have never had them before. Would try them though. Sounds like you have been busy but a good busy. I hope everything keeps going well!! Keep them clients coming. About the kids dd is or seems better but ds is coughing his head off so I kept him home from school.

Check back later on.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone! I am here. I had payroll to run this morning, so I was a little busy! :-)

I still haven't talked to my ex about my trip, however, I did clear it with Natalie, the lady that is getting the girls for two weeks and she was fine with it. I also got it cleared through work and it's all approved, so I am REALLY excited!

Julie... the bachelor was funny last night. That girls is so dimwitted. Next week is the finale, then my guility pleasure will be over for a while.

Angie... your Mother's Day was awesome.. you have such a great family! And those scones sound delicious!! YUM!

Awwww Noelle... that poor kitty. That stuff just breaks my heart. I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day too.

Kempy... your bed sounds awesome! You will love it. Alan has one and he has seen a huge difference in how his back feels.

OK.. well, I need to get back to work. Since payroll is done, I am ready to play! However, I have a meeting at 1 so I guess I will have to wait til later...

Oh.. the girls went swimming again yesterday... I guess that is where I'll be every afternoon after work until end of August. They just LOVE to swim... but the water is sooooooo cold. KIDS... I might get into it in about a month!

Talk soon!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #48  

Well the bed is here! I still need to get the sheets on it though. I am so ready to sleep on it. We slept in the other room last night and I didn't sleep very well. I think I was excited about the new one.

Noelle we paid a little over $2600. That is tax too. They gave us 2 free pillows and a king frame for free. Since we don't have the bed from with the head and foot boards we needed something to set the bed on. I don't think it is that bad since the thing has a 20 year warranty on it. At least we wont need to think about another bed until we are 50. That is sweet and sad about that kitten. Can you turn those people in to someone?

Angie I have never had a scone b4. Then again I don't drink coffee. It is a shame you are so far up there I would love to come sample everything you have. I loved the year you sent treats but at the same time I cursed you. I couldn't stay out of it. I bet I ate it all and Joe didn't even have a piece of anything. What is the latest on the house?

Cherie I wish we had a pool close by. I am such a summer person. even though I ***** every time I have to put my bathing suit on I still love the sun and surf. We are going to Destin this weekend as a matter of fact. I am soooooooo ready to see the beach.

Julie you should come down next spring and have some crawfish. Joe does really well with the boiling. I really do like them but I am just overstuffed with them right now. Don't think that the crawfish you get in a rest. is the same b/c it tastes totally different when you get them fresh. Plus the ones we get are huge.

Well, I had to post and run but I need to get changed to head to the gym. I think Joe and I are goignt o get a quick workout in this evening. I will try to post this evening. If not I'll chat tomorrow.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #49  

Hey girls just checking in.

Kempy I bet you will love your new bed. I just love getting a new one. Have fun breaking it in tonight with a good nights sleep. Did that sound bad??, breaking it in , you know what I mean . I would love to come on down for some!! I bet the ones are great by you and totally different than the ones in the restaurant. Have fun at the beach. I will be dreaming of going to one . Have a great workout.

Cherie, glad you got things worked out Natalie and work. Thats great your little ones had fun in the pool again. They will sleep good at night!!

Hi everyone else. Gotta start thinking of what to have for dinner. Check back later if I have the time. Bye for now.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #50  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, You would love to come on down for some what???!!!!! hahaha.

I will check back later. I am supposed to be working right now but I had to post that. hehe
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #51  

Angie you naughty thing , CRAWFISH!! You are a sassy girl !!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #52  

Hi girls

Just popping in. I hope everyone has had a nice day. I ended up making creamy chicken enchiladas, the recipe calls for shredded cheese baked in the oven. But the last two days the smell of cheese is making me sick(last night was chili with cheese). Me, can you believe that, the dairyland state?? I just ate a couple bites of the cheese and just ate the rest w/o. It is like I am feeling morning sickness but there is absolutley no way I could be, I am on the pill and dh is fixed. I hope I am not coming down with the kiddos stuff. Oh well enough about me.

I hope everyone has a restful and peaceful night. Going to watch the rest of AI. Bye for now.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:28 PM   #53  

Noelle if you pop in before bed here is an AI preview....Bo and Anthony did great. Carrie thumbs down. And Vonz. was crying and really emotional about something?? That is just my view on the whole show anyway .
Old 05-10-2005, 10:48 PM   #54  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the heads up! I had a whole long post but this wacky computer ate it. You do know that I had the same train of thought as Angie right? Re: the bed?

Be back later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #55  

Good Morning Everyone! It's Wednesday... and I am ready for the weekend already.

Yesterday, right after I left work, I was in a hurry to get home and I was speeding... well, the police here decided to do a sting on this stretch of highway that I drive, and I was one of the lucky people who got to talk face to face with them. They had about 10 cars out... a few were clocking and the rest were taking names. Anyway... I got a ticket, for exceeding the speed limit. He didn't put a speed amount, saying this would keep me from getting points placed on my driving/insurance record, so I guess that was a lucky break... and I guess I do feel lucky, I speed all the time.. I don't know why, I just love driving fast.. and well, this is my first ticket in almost three years. Not bad. What did I do after I got back on the highway? Yep... sped. I should know better.

Last night after the girls went swimming, and we had dinner, I got on the treadmill and jogged for an hour while the Amazing Race was on. I got a little bummed last night realizing my reality TV will be ending come Monday. Surivior will be over on Sunday, and The Bachelor will be over on Monday. I have to wait til May 24th for Rob and Amber's Marriage.. then there will be NOTHING... well, until July when Big Brother comes one. Thankfully they air their show two or three times a week, so that will fill in nicely for the summer.

This morning, I finally made myself get up early, and I did 20 minutes on the treadmill. I turned on the TV and Denise Austin was on, I might have to get up and start doing her little show... I used to do her exercise programs 14 years ago before I got married, and I just really enjoyed it then. Might be a good way to start the morning.

Kempy.. How did that bed feel last night? Did you sleep like a baby?

Julie.. as usual, your dinner sounded great. Sorry to hear about the cheese... I love cheese too, and I am not sure how I would handle not being able to eat it.

Angie... how are things going with the house search?

Noelle, how is your computer situation going?

OK.. I need to get back to work.... I hope everyone has a great day.. I'll be back later!

Cherie
Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #56  

Good Morning Girls

Cherie, what a bummer about the ticket but I guess you are lucky in a way. You know I always kind of get bummed out when my favorite tv show ends. Like a reality ones. But now I guess it is summer so we can take some evening walks with our kids, huh ?? Thats for the compliment on my dinner, it is so easy, a can of cream of chicken, about 1 1/2 cups of sour cream, a can of green chilies stir and heat those. then cooked chopped chicken breast, whole wheat or flour tortillas, cheese. Add the sauce chicken and a bit of cheese on the tortilla and roll. Top the rest of the dish the sauce after they are all rolled and add shredded cheese and bake. Garnish with sour cream, guac., salsa, taco sauce, lettuce and chips.

Kempy, Angie, Noelle, I feel really stupid about the bed thing. I guess I just type so fast and don't think?? Haha....you guys got me on that too.
If we ever go down by Kemp I will try the crawfish but not the BED !!

Check back later.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #57  

Oh Noelle who do you think will be going home on AI tonight?? I think it may be Vonz. Maybe people felt sorry for her crying though, I don't know. It will be a good show tonight. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #58  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, it's hump day Wednesday. I ditched work this morning and went to check out Michael's school function, a Fun Run at a nearby park which they raised money for computers and playground equipment and stuff. I meant to just observe and take some pictures, but I think I was only one of three parents who showed up for their class. I ended up wrangling kids and keeping time, marking those who made their laps around the field. It was a lot of fun anyway. The classes who raised the most money got to play in a jumper/slide bouncer first. It was hot and I got a little burnt despite the sunscreen. Fun fun and little bit of exercise too.

Julie, you know we were just joshin' ya and didn't mean to make you feel stupid in anyway. Sometimes I have my mind in the gutter , I try to control myself and my comments but oh well, you know me... so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I wonder what was up with the Vonz? So much speculation going on. Maybe those tears will work to put her in the top 3? I thought A-Fed sang great on his second song, he certainly improved over the past few months. I'm rootin' for Bo all the way. And I gotta mention, are you freakin' serious about that HD gift certificate? If I got that I would buy some flooring or something and make him do all the labor. Man, whatever happened to like the Spa gift certificate for a massage or something?

Cherie, so you have the need for speed huh? I'm guilty of it too but I try to remind myself to keep it at a minimum--we've both got a lot to live for, some little 5-7 y.o. kids that need us. We need you around here as well. You are lucky you got a semi-reasonable cop. Does that mean your insurance rate goes up? That would suck.

Kempy, I saw the Tempurpedic commerical this morning at around 2 a.m (couldn't sleep)... I thought of you and got green with envy again That is a great price for a bed of that caliber. Maybe I can convince Rick to get one of those when we're ready for a new one.

Angie your girls are hilarious! That Corey is a sweetheart like his dad huh? . You're a lucky gal. Mmm,I love blueberry scones myself. I'd love to come up to your bakery and have some. I'm sure you guys will have more customers than you can handle with summer coming up fast.

Well, gotta put some hours in here at work. Check back later. Have a good one everybody.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:47 PM   #59  

Hi Girls,

We're just really busy at school. I can't wait for school to be out; I am really start to shut down. Only 16 more school days.
Of course, I did put down that I would work summer school if I'm needed. So far I haven't heard anything, but we'll see.

My mouth is feeling wonderful. The gums are a little tender, but I've had no swelling and no need for pain meds.

Have a great night everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:04 AM   #60  

Good Morning Everyone! It's Thursday! Yeah! I am so ready for the weekend. Yesterday, I went home and the girls went back out swimming. We may try to go this evening, but the forecast has a chance of scattered thunderstorms... so that may put a kink in the girls plans. I also did my pilates and my 5 miles on the treadmill last night. Oh... and I watched that movie that had Julia Roberts and Jude Law in it, Closer. NOT what I was expecting. I knew it was about cheating/infidelity, but I wasn't prepared for how graphic they would be talking about everything. I didn't get any warm fuzzies from the movie or the charaters. I would not reccomend it.

This morning I tried to talk myself out of getting up and getting on the treadmill. Thankfully, I did, and I put in 20 minutes this morning, another 1.6 miles. My leg is still hurting.. but I noticed if I put on my headphones, I don't seem to notice the pain in my leg nearly as much. So two days down, I hope I can keep motivating myself to get up every morning. I do feel so much better when I do that.

Julie... grilled burgers sound yummy! I will get that this weekend at the BBQ. I can't wait! Oh, and I watched AI last night while I was on the treadmill. It looked like all four of those young kids were great! I bet it was a hard decision to let one go. One of the girls, the blonde, is from here in Norman, where I work... I wonder if we will be hearing alot about her this weekend. (At least I think that is where she is from).

Noelle... Sounds like you and Michael had fun yesterday! Hannah would love for me to come to her school.. later this month they are having the 1st grade award ceremony, so I will have to skip out on work that morning to go see that.

Cal.. its great to hear from you.. glad your mouth is almost healed!

OK.. I need to get busy here at work... talk to you all later!

Cherie