Old 05-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. As if my life wasn't stressful enough...yesterday Rick got an invoice from a car rental company in Boise, ID saying that he rented a car on 4/21 thru 4/23. So yeah, he was never on the US mainland during that time and for that matter, we don't even use that company for car rentals. The address and phone # were both one digit off and there was a credit card # on the invoice that doesn't match with any that we have, past or present. So our first thought is that someone may have obtained a credit card fraudulently in his name and is using it to rent cars or services. Either that worse case scenario OR the rental clerk screwed up and put the rental under the wrong account??? Sounds far-fetched but I'm hoping that's what it is. But the red-flags for me are those incorrect address and phone number--just one digit off. So I put a fraud alert request in w/the credit bureaus and contacted the local police here, thinking about calling the Boise police since that's where the transaction occurred... I dunno, do you guys think I'm getting ahead of myself? I'm just kind of freaked out that this ID theft thing may be happening. Damn!

Julie/Kempy, great idea about Vegas. I'm all for it. Just tell me when
I don't know if I'm watching AI tonight...I'm sick and tired of those creepy/crappy performances from Serial Savol and he keeps staying in there! Who am I kidding, I know I'll be stuck to the boob tube tonight Thanks for the WW support, I may need an extra push to go and do it. Michael's school uniform shop is right next door to the center so I can't avoid going near it.

Angie, see? St. Joseph works miracles, go get one I have to say don't let your weight or size define who you are as a person. From what I know of you, you are a successful business woman, an awesome baker, mother, a good friend and listener and an animal lover. You are a great person to know in my book.

Cherie, even though you are taking in more calories, maybe that's what your body needs to trick it into dropping into the 140s? (Gosh what I would give to be in the 150's ) Even though you caved the night before, you didn't in actuality really do that much damage. 250 is not bad at all. I agree w/ya though, I have that kind of mentality about being happy and just "being", rather than being a psycho about losing the weight and being grumpy about it. I'm speaking for me of course...the psycho part

Anywho, gotta get moving for now. I'll try and pop back in later. Have a good evening.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Finally, I had a decent day yesterday.... all except the very end... AFTER I did an hour on the treadmill.... My laptop quit working yesterday... and I was stressing.... and finally after I did my treadmill work, I had time to sit down and try to fix it, with Alan's help of course. Thankfully my desktop computer still works and we were able to chat via yahoo messenger.... anyway.... All I had to do was repair my Windows XP operating system, and that fixed it... but while I was trying to fix it, I was stressed, so I got out an ice cream bar. I should know better.. It was good though. 200 extra calories I didn't need however.

So.. today is Wednesday... it's another cool and cloudy, dreary day here. People are remember the the huge F5 tornado that hit here 6 years ago today.... it was BAD.. I remember driving up here from Texas a few weeks after it happened, and just to see the devestation.. they are still rebuilding today from that storm. Thankfully, I work for a weather company and I am right next door to the National Weather Service.. so I feel pretty safe.

OK.. well, nothing new is going on.. so I better get back to work! Talk to you a little later.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:20 AM   #18  

Oh.. and Noelle.... I think you are doing the right thing.. you can never be too safe. That sucks that your information got stolen. Hopefully it can be fixed without too much hassle.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:25 PM   #19  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Hump Day girls. I just got done with breakfast, Yoplait FF banana cream pie yogurt w/a sprinkle of Kashi Go-Lean crunch. I'm on the right track today. Michael got his first school yearbook yesterday. I can't believe he'll be done w/kindergarten at the end of the month! I have to go and register him for some kind of summer fun program while he's out of school. I don't want him driving my parents crazy for a month and a half. I've got a bunch of receipts to go through and some A/P to get out in the mail so it'll be a long and boring day for me.

Julie, the only part of Oprah I caught was when the doc was showing the normal kidney and aorta vs. the diseased one--showing the effects of what high blood pressure could do. That was freaky. It's an amazing thing the human body. Re: AI I missed all of the first half (I was re-watching Meet the Parents on DVD). Weird thing is that I thought Scott was actually pretty tolerable, and Vonzell was flat. They didn't say anything to her about it, she's so cute though, I hope her fans keep her in longer than Scott. Bo rocks as usual. He does look comfortable performing but I dunno, his 2nd song was a little flat in places. I hope he wins though. Get that country bumpkin out of there!

Cherie I can imagine what kind of destruction that tornado left behind. There are still places on Kauai which show the damage from Hurricane Iniki and that was on 9/11/92. Hope the weather perks up for ya. Glad you got your laptop fixed. I hate hate hate computer problems. I'm debating whether to have my home PC hard drive replaced and upgraded or just get a new one. I haven't called CompUSA about the repair yet. The new PC prices have gone way down and well, to update my old one may not make much sense. You're lucky to have a smart/handsome fixer-upper guy like Alan

Have a good day everyone
Old 05-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #20  

Hey guys. I just got finished cleaning the house. Joe has been in the garage all day pressure washing it. He wants to pain the floor with a special kind of paint. Whatever. I have no control over that man.

Cherie that is not a bad snakc to have. At least you stopped with one. That is usually my problem. I have to buy smaller servings of things b/c I will eat whatever is there. I just mindlessly sit and eat. I think we all feel the same about ourselves. I think the media has alot to do with it. I mean, look back b4 magazines really got big and lok at what women looed like back then. Now, we all feel that we need to look like the airbrushed models in the ads. It is hard to overcome.

Noelle have you called the car place yet? I don't think you over did anything. You can never be too safe on that front. I have had to get a few items off of my credit that didn't belong to me and one of them was an adress from a bad part of town. Now that kind of freaked me out.

Julie I love Bo. I think he will be the one to win. They always say how good his is and they never really have anything bad to say about him. Even Simon likes him. Are you going to watch that thing about Paula?

Angie whats up today? When do you guys usually start to see the tourists coming in? We don't really have a town like that so I think it would be kind of neat to be around that. I have heard about the Saint thingy too. I think you are supposed to bury it in the yard face down and then you house will sell. I wonder if that have something on the net about it.

Ok, I am nasty so I need to go take a shower. I know it is almost 2:30 but I have been really working my butt off. A shower was the last thing on my mind.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #21  

Good Evening Girls

Kempy I hope to watch the special on Paula tonight. I want Bo to win too.
What can I say about men and their pressure washers?? My dh has one too . The media is just terrible about women feel about their body....I mean how in the **** can Kelly Ripa weigh 106 pounds??

Noelle how sweet your little guy got a yearbook. Our baby boy's are growing up. I remember when he (mine) was like seven months old and all he ever wanted to do was cuddle and sleep in my arms. I remember the chubby little feet and thighs. God I miss those days . He was the cutest baby boy. And the same for my dd . Okay now I got tears in my eyes. I am so not good with change. But anyway I know everyone thinks that they have the cutest ones . Ya know?? And they do!! I am proud of you for being on track today. Hugs sweetheart you can do it!! I believe in you.

Cherie and Angie I hope you girls had a good day at work. Talk to you soon. Have a great night everyone, thinking of all of you.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:15 AM   #22  

Sorry I've been away. I have sooooo much going on right now. We have just over 4 weeks of school left (21 school days) and it's been really crazy. The kids are working on some projects and we're (the teachers) ready to go nuts. We have a Project Fair next Tuesday night and we're trying to have everything (students, projects, classrooms, etc) ready for parents to come see.
On Friday I am having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. I decided to have all 4 at the same time because if only 2 come out and it hurts too bad, it will take me years to get the others done. Because of my episode with blood pressure and anxiety a few weeks (months?) ago, the doctor arranged for me to go to an oral surgeon so I can be put out completely. I've already had the consultation and the surgeon seems really nice. I know I'll be sore for awhile, but I'm taking advantage of the situation; I'm taking Friday off--and maybe Monday--and I've gotten some yogurt (the Dannon whipped) and some Slim Fast drinks (vanilla only--don't like the Strawberry or Chocolate). Maybe I'll drop a few pounds during the couple of days that I won't be able to eat anything.
If I'm gone for a few days, that will be the reason. My niece is even taking Ashley for Friday night so I can rest. I asked the doctor if I'd be ok to go back to work on Monday and he said I should be, but that I'd still be sore, swollen, and probably a little crabby. I told him that I teach 7th grade; I enjoy being crabby!!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Cal

Last edited by calnative; 05-05-2005 at 12:18 AM.
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #23  

Good Morning everyone! Happy Cinco de Mayo! Wooo Hoooo... it's Mas Tequila time!

Yesterday afternoon, I don't know what I did, but between the time of turning off my computer here at work, and walking out the door, I got a catch in my shoulder blade. Oh it hurts.. I can barely turn my head. I tried to get Hannah to stand/sit on my back this morning, but nothing would pop back into place.. it just hurt more. So.. I guess I'll try to work it out today.

When I went to pick up the girls, I saw Hannah's two front teeth.. and they have been loose for a while, but last night they just looked a little freakish cause they were sliding down and turning. So, I told her we would have to get those out TONIGHT (meaning last night). After we got home, I told her to go sit on the couch and start wiggling, and turning it.. and I gave her a cold washcloth to bite down on. Finally, after about 30 minutes.... she got one to come out. She was so excited... but we still had another one. After dinner, I had her continue to work on it, and I tried, but of course it hurt and she really wouldn't let me near her mouth. I could see where it was just hanging on by some gum tissue and nerves.. but I could never get her to pull it hard enough. Then I tricked her a little. I told her that I was going to get some floss and tie it around the tooth and let her start to work with that. (Her first tooth, I put floss around it and pulled it and she didn't like that AT ALL). So once I did that.. I let her play with it a little... the floss came off, so I put it back on for her... on the third time the floss came off... I had her lay back in my lap and I put the floss around her tooth.. and crossed the ends... and...... YANKED.. OMG... she didn't like me for about 30 seconds... cause the tooth came out, the gum hurt and bled and it was just a shock. After I got her some salt water, it didn't hurt anymore, and we were able to joke around again... I got her laughing cause I made her say something on the TV... something like earth bender (it's a cartoon) and it came out with a lisp.... so when I started laughing, she started laughing and kept saying it. :-) so.. we have a snagglepuss little girl. She was SOOOOOOO proud... and the toothfairy left her $2.20 last night, so she was really excited!

Anyway.. not sure if this will work, but here is a picture of her last night... and one of Megan this past Saturday.

Cal..... it's great to hear from you again! Good luck on your wisdom teeth. I remember having that done. As long as you have someone to take care of you, drive you, make you milkshakes (those were AWESOME) and give you your pain medication, then you will be OK.

OK.. back to work now!

Cherie

ok.. it won't let me upload... my pictures are too big.. but go here and see if you can see them:

Hannah and Megan: http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cdb...SkieCBY7uNgFWB

Hannah: http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cdb...6aieCB_XBYgZMg

Megan: http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cdb...iRieCBLEQ_YXmH

And if those don't work... look here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cocogl...VdM8CBSnUIeDWi

Last edited by PhotogirlTX; 05-05-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:58 PM   #24  

Hellooooo out there! I must be the only one around today. I am seriously jonesing for some chips and salsa.... and queso, and a margarita, and a beer... and fried apple pie... and all that yummy mexican food......

If I wasn't on a diet, this wouldn't matter so much.

OK.. back to work. Journal entries.. and trying to figure out when to send my munchkins to Texas in June...

Talk soon.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #25  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Cherie, you are not alone I've been cracking down and actually working today so I haven't had much time to post. I love those pics of your girls,they are so darling! Wow, 2 teeth at one time huh? That's cool! You did the same thing I did with the floss, my boy was complaining that it hurt but before he could say ouch the tooth was out . Any plans for Cinco de Mayo? By this time you may already be indulging in a margarita.... man it's been along time for me since i've had one. Anyway, enjoy your evening!

Cal, good to hear from you. Good luck with your wisdom tooth extractions. I used to work in a dental office (general/prosthodontics/oral surgery/periodontics). I have to offer up some advice for post-op care--don't drink with a straw at all until you are well healed up. You may want to have ice packs ready to help minimize swelling (5 min on/5 min off, each side). Some docs provide them to you. You don't want to end up with a dry socket problem, very painful. The doc may give you an oral syringe that you can clean out the extraction sites with but don't go all gung ho with it. I'm not a doctor or nurse (but I used to play one on TV, just kidding). I worked with all the patients coming out post-op and gave them instruction. I think it's smart to get them all done at once to avoid chickening out. I had 2 done, then 1, then it took me another 2 years to get the last one out. Oh yeah, and for sure fill your prescription(s) before the surgery. Good luck and hope all goes swimmingly.
OK, I'll take my nurses cap off and put down the bullhorn

Hey to everyone else! Be back later on.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #26  
so close, yet so far...

OMG Julie, I almost forgot...are ya celebrating with me? Scot "the Serial Killer" Savol is gone. Finally! I hope Bo wins BIG!!!!!! Did you get to watch that Paula Abdul thing? I didn't. Let me know what went down if you did.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #27  

Hello just checking. Ds is feeling a little better, just gave him a warm bath just wanted to see if anyone was here . Be back later on.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #28  

Its pouring here all of the sudden, I love it when that happens. Hopefully I will here some thunderstorms , I like them during the day but not at night.
Well I am off again. I am going to really try and stay OP. Try, try and try some more trying . I am going to go watch the down pour now. Bye for now.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #29  
so close, yet so far...

Hey everyone, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!! I'm working my fingers to the bone...well, actually wearing down my acrylic fingernails I've been posting receipts and invoices all morning for about 3 hours straight. Does anyone have anything planned for Mom's day or is it a surprise? We're having a family brunch tomorrow morning, it's supposed to be all 23 of us, sisters w/spouses and kids. I hope to get away from everyone early and have some time for myself--haha, how's that for feeling like a mother?

Cal, thinking of you!! How'd it go? Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of TLC.

Julie, sorry to hear about your poor DS. And all that time your spent on those yummy cupcakes. Oh well, sometimes sh*t happens, eh? I'm so glad he's feeling better now. Enjoy your rainy weather and maybe give him some extra cuddles. I get to feeling like you sometimes, just overwhelmed by everything and wanting to just cry. Sometimes you just gotta get it all out and let loose. I hate when I wake up with puffy eyes , it's a good thing I don't have to work with anyone during the day who has to look at me.

Cherie, did you sneak a day off on us? Hope you have a non-stressful day.

Angie, where ya hiding girl? Are you guys getting busy now?

Kempy, did Joe get your garage floor painted? I hope he's not like Rick where he starts a project and then leaves it hanging for weeks on end... and how's business for you?

Well, I'm off to Michael's school for an afternoon Mother's Day ice cream social thing. Where are my lactaid pills when I need them? Man if I'm gonna eat ice cream it'd better be Hagen Daaz or something worth blowing my calories on Take care everyone and if I can't pop in over the weekend, have a GREAT MOTHER'S DAY!!!! Pet's count on making ya mom's too.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #30  

Noelle you are going to have to get those nails re-done!! Hahahahaha.....
I am not sure what is going for Mom's day yet. My mom may go out of town to see my step-grandmother. I will probally drop a gift off for her tomorrow though. Then we have to get MIL's present to her. I don't think it is bad at all you want time for yourself this weekend. We deserve it sometime or some how?? LOL. I had to laugh when you said waking up with puffy eyes. My eyelids were so puffy this morning I don't know how I would even put on my eye makeup this morning,LOL. I think it was because I was just tired and probally a few of those tears . Have fun at your brunch tomorrow!! It sounds like it is going to be fun and big. Also enjoy your ice cream!! I hope it is the good stuff!! Big Hugs you are such a good Mother!!

I finally made a healthy dinner tonight. Salmon, spinach salads, whipped crunchy topped sweet potatoes and water!! Hopefully to stay on track .

Happy Mother's Day Angie, Kempy, Cherie, Cal and everyone else.