Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #61  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, all!

Sorry I was pretty much MIA all weekend--I was RELAXING! We slept and ate and watched movies and slept and watched movies and slept some more We also discovered a new ice cream place with REALLY good soft-serve that's only 1.4 miles from my apartment called Nathan's Dairy Bar--YUM! I would say this is dangerous being so close to my house, but I'm never home when it's open during the week anyway, so no biggie Yesterday we also went and played miniature golf. That's about all we did all weekend. Oh, and we went and saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I thought was really cute! It was funny and creative and all that good stuff--of course, I have never read the book, so I didn't have any of the negative comments like so many other reviewers have had since I had no basis for comparison. Anyway...

So that new wok I bought on friday and used to make stir-fry--it's completely covered in rust! I had rinsed it out quickly before putting my food in it (to at least get out any dust or whatever from being in the store--heat kills most germs), and then I stuck it in the sink filled with water and a little soap to work on the caked-on cooked teriyaki sauce. It had strted turning slightly orange then, but only in a few spots, and I thought maybe it was just the teriyaki sauce. Then I stuck it in the dishwasher (like I do with all my other pots and pans when needed), and when I took it out, EEW! Solid orange rust all over the inside of my brand new wok! Very upsetting, espeically since I had already taken out the trash with the label and receipt for it. I may still try to return it (since it is WalMart and they take returns on just about anything). It was just quite frustrating.

In addition to the stir-fry "frozen dinners" I had made for myself, I also bought lots of good stuff when I went grocery shopping yesterday. It was really nice outside, so I felt like having fruit, so I bought bananas, apples, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, and kiwis (oh, and lemons because Jeff likes to eat them). Last night, I cut up the watermelon, a containger of strawberries, a large kiwi, and a bunch of purple grapes and made a fruit salad, so I plopped some of that in a container for a snack for today. YUM! I also brought an apple and a banana as snacks for today, so don't tell me I don't eat enough fruit! Besides the fruit, I also bought a box of whole wheat pasta (yes, I finally found some!). I also bought Prego tomato sauce, which says right on the label that one serving of the sauce = 1.5 servings of vegetables. Since there are 6 serving of sauce per container, I made all of the past and mixed in the whole jar of sauce, then divided it all into 6 containers and put them in the fridge, so now I have healthy pasta meals to choose from, too (and, of course, I calculated the total amount of calories per container including sauce, pasta, and some grated parmesan cheese). I also cooked a rotisserie chicken (this time cooked all the way through instead of still pink in the middle!), so I cut that all up and put it in the fridge. My rotisserie cooker also came with a tray that you can put ontop of the cooker to steam veggies and stuf, so I steamed a bag of frozen broccoli (too much, I'm sure, since it's not as gren anymore and is mushy, which is how I like it). So I ALSO have chicken and brocolli as a meal choice (skin removed from the chicken, of course). I feel so prepared for the week!!

I'm about 2 hours late in posting this morning because I was applying to new jobs online I really need to find something that pays more so I don't have to keep working nearly 70 hours a week between the 2 jobs. I'm 22 years old and am going to wear myself out and want to retire by the time I'm 25 at this rate! I've got the skills for a great job (marketing, communications, editing/proofreading, event coordination, etc.), but no one wants to hire me with less than "3-5 years" of experience. However, I was supposed to have had at least 2 years of experience for the job I have now (but I only had about 10 months), but I got it anyway, so maybe there is hope (and my boss is constantly gushing over how well I handle new tasks, how quickly I work, and how good I am at "rolling with the punches"--I should be able to show that in an interview!).

My toe is fine--feels like nothing ever happened (unless I hit it or rub it against something just right--then watch out!). Hope everyone's weekends turned out well (I know Heather's busy and can't post every day, but where's our Diana been lately?!). Make it a great Monday!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #62  

Talking

Hey all, am here, just been very very busy busy busy...This week I had 5 sales from my site, WO-HOOOOO...one sale was from my site and the show...I am amazed, and got panicked I may run out of stuff, lol, but it has slowed down now...This time of the year I am so busy with gardening and stuff, I rarely get on here, but I have been MIA the past few days. WTG everyone on keeping with plan, and WTG Jill for trying to keep with packing better food for work..I forgot to weigh in this mornign at CURVES, but, ya know, my t shirts are getting bigger, so even if I have not lost a lot of pounds, the inches are really coming off, which is GREAT!!!I had a great work-out this morning, and feel energized...I also, get my new black, Camrey SE loaded on FRIDAY, hopefully, all according to if my DH gets the check from his S&S by then, of not, Early next week it will be right b4 we got to OHIO. We will not be taking it there though, you know the first 2000 miles rule and all of that...keeping her home safe and sound that weekend ...We went looking at new homes yesterday. We went to Saratoga, woo hoo, you should see this place we found. I think a celebrity has a home there for the Summer, ( Lots of them live here in the Summer for the races at Saratoga) David Cassidy, for example owns 12 acres of land 2 exits up from us.. the house in this community was gated and had electric fence all the way around it. Even saw someone driving an Aston Martin in there! All of the homes were absolutely drop dead gorgeous, and they are building another development like it down the road with a huge park in the center. WAY out of our price league ( starting at 750,000)..Unreal...only way we could even fathom it is to play the lottery and pray, lol...so, DH is playing the Lottery and praying from now on, LOL, he is sooo funny! Ahh, it's nice to dream eh? Well, on that note, have to eat my yogurt with granola, shower, pack up some stuff to ship out, and plant some flowers, and put a roast on for dinner with lots of carrots..YUM! Hag week all, and take care!

Last edited by DianaLS; 05-09-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning!! I'm trying to fake being positive and cheerful, so far.. so good! I woke up this morning completely sick, nauseaous mostly. I thought perhaps all the baby talk in my life was wearing off (not possible.. je suis VERYcareful!), "luckily" I started to develop heartburn. Which just means I have to be MUCH more strict with my diet... I ate really good yesterday until my dinner, which was a subway sub. It just threw off that PH in my tummy.

Good to see you all back.. it was CRAZY quiet on here this weekend. Well, speaking of which.. I am running late for work, so I don't have time to really say much.. have a great day! I'll bbl, much later!

-Aimee
Old 05-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #64  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Diana, congrats on the sales - that's great! I need to start marketing my photography more aggressively. Great to hear you're losing size, too. I picked up a few inexpensive crinkly-knit tops at Wal-Mart Saturday night, and was able to buy 18/20's. At my biggest, I wore 26/28 in some shirts. I'd work 22/24 for a long time, and now I'm finally seeing smaller sizes fitting. My bottom half is bigger, though - still got the belly!

Aimee, you sound like that old addage: Fake it 'til you make it. It's funny, though...Actually works sometimes. Sounds like weekends are the big time for you guys, eh?

Jill, your wok isn't defective, it just needs different care. The care's a lot like that of cast iron cookware. Howie and I clean ours with kosher salt (abrasive) and water, dry it thoroughly, and add a little oil. You don't want to get all the stuff out of your cookware - it just needs to build up and carbonize. Then it's practically non-stick and wonderful. Check out this article for good info.

Howie and I are going to that Indiana job site again. His boss called and asked if he'd go. Plan is, I get myself showered and pack, go to my doctor's appointment, and we leave for Indiana right from there. We'll be back tomorrow, and we'll have our laptops with us. Ya'll won't notice any change. LOL
Old 05-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #65  

TY Kimberley and great advice on the wok..I agree, so many people feel the need to scrub their pans to perfection, not realizing that the aged cookware, the stuff that looks all black and beat up on the outside, is the best...it is seasoned just right. My Dh thinks it should be all shiny and new, but I am the cook and i am the one who knows what I am doing with that, lol..You find the neatest web sites...Have a great tiem in IN...HAGD all, Di
Old 05-09-2005, 01:59 PM   #66  
Eating for two!

Thanks Kimberley! I actually had talked to someone here at work who told me the same thing. My only issue is that everything I use goes in the dishwasher--no exceptions! I don't have time to do dishes, let alone do dishes specially. She told me I could scrub out the rust and put a little oil in it and dry it by putting it on the warm stove--problem is, I won't even have time to do any of that until, umm, the weekend after next Oh well. At least I got one good use out of it before I killed it

On a brighter side, my stir-fry was REALLY good! I ate all the veggies and everything! I just splashed a little water on it before putting it in the microwave, and it was perfect. I'm really glad I made those meals. It was really filling, too, with the veggies, protein, and whole grains. I went to the cafeteria after I ate it (with a friend--I just went along for the walk to stretch my legs and get away from my desk for a few). Normally, even if I have had lunch, I can't resist a small salad or a small carton of chocolate milk while I'm down there. However, I felt so satisfied from the stir-fry that nothing even looked appealing, ya know? I did get a large diet Pepsi because I was tired--felt I needed a caffeine boost to get through the rest of my looong day. I know, it's got plenty of sodium in it, but at least it's not an everyday thing. Very rarely now do I drink soda during the week at all.

Well, glad to see Diana's still alive and kickin'! And doing so well on losing inches!!! Hope your tummy feels better by the end of the day, Aimee--I know it sucks to work when you're not feeling well. And thanks again, Mommy Kimberley--you always seem to know the answers (and if you don't, you can always a find a website that does!). Have a great one!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #67  

Oh boy...Just a quick note to ya Jill my dear...You really should never put pans in the dishwasher, it ruins the coating on them if they are non stick...Just some advice from learning the hard way...And you really don't have to scrub the pans with a lot of soap etc, like the dishes, just rinse the **** out of them with HOT water, and wipe the stuff out with paper towels, to get them seasoned too...and another way is to wipe them down with olive oil b4 bed, pre-heat your oven then turn the oven off and set them inside overnight...Works for me...Just some tidbits for the night, HAG1 All
Old 05-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #68  

I made it thru the day!! Doesn't sound like much, but man oh man, I was SO SO sick in the car on the way to work, Josh ended up driving me to work and picking me up, even though that wasn't the plan. My shift went well, the manager seemed to like me, the more friends I have.. the better. She thinks I need to work on some of my selling techniques.. basically she didn't like the fact that I didn't ask any customers if they needed socks. But I hate that kind of upselling, as long as my stats are good, I figure it's all good. Oh well.. this isn't permanent!

Kimberley - that was totally my plan today, and it worked. Yay! I try and fake it with my selfesteem, and that also works. I don't know if the weekends are really significant for us, I actually find we eat out less on the weekends. I just seem to work a lot on the weekend, as does Josh. My body is just hitting a wall, it's ready for something new. So I'm going to try it again.. although it's never worked for me before, I'm going to eat lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains (no rice still, or pasta, just whole wheat bread), and healthy fats ( like no fat yogurt, low fat cheese, low fat milk, chicken, etc), I'll likely count my calories as well. I usually find I lose a couple pounds, and then start packing it on.

Jill - I'm so glad your toe is all better.. and thrilled about all your fruits and veggies

Diana - you rock, seriously you are so busy with your selling, and you are still going strong with the gym. Keep it up girl

Alrighty! I am off to be productive, I have to do some crazy homework for my job.. weird weird job! Have a good night!

-Aimee
Old 05-10-2005, 06:27 AM   #69  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello girls I have read some of your posts everyone sounds like their doing well. The wok sounds like when yuo use iron pans its the same deal or they rust too. I have slipped a bit in my exercise lately and haven't been on the scale in a couple of weeks. I need to jump back in so thought I'd give this site a try before I gain back what I lost already. I was doing so well but need to boost myself in the butt and get moving again. So I am going to workout or walk at least 4 times this week that will be my goal and to keep my calories around 1400 not over 1500. Wish me luck. I look forward to chatting with you girls!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:03 AM   #70  

welcome Cac...do u go by a nickname or is this what you want us to use here? I am having a tooth issue. seems like it is the tooth I got filled in December too, which bites...I get these sharp pains every so often...LOVELY!!!! I am hoping it is nothing, because in 10 days I will be heading to see my bestest friend...am planning to floss and rinse before Curves, am hoping I got something logded there from Chinese the other night and have missed it...( keeping my fingers crossed)..UGH,,, well, am off, HAG1 Ladies!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:17 AM   #71  
Eating for two!

Good morning! (<---Aimee, I fake it every morning--you think I really am thinking of an exclamation point at 6:30am every day?! )

Last night was quite frustrating. I went to work at the restaurant for 4pm, as usual. I was serving, and there was only one person on who was working a double, so I was in a section with him, and we were going to be first cut. First cut on a Monday night means I should definitely have been home by about 9 or 9:30pm. Well, being just my luck, I get a party of 14 people right near the end of my shift. So, of course, it takes them forever to order and figure everything out, and they were there for someone's birthday, so of course they had to do gifts and sit around talking all night. I know people come in in groups like that to have a good time--it's just frustrating when their good time makes me have to stay later. I'm not really upset or angry with anybody since it's not really anybody's fault, just frustrated. Someone could have helped me out by doing my sidework or rolling my silverware (which I do for others all the time). It seems I always end up being the one staying late or helping other people out (like when I closed and didn't get home till well beyond midnight a few weeks ago). So yeah, like I said, I should have been home watching tv by 9:30 last night (like my partner was!), but instead, I didn't leave the restaurant till 11:05pm. ARGH! I really need to find a higher-paying job so I can lose the 4 nights a week at the restaurant! On a brighter note, they trained 4 new people last night, so most likely, they will be hostessing for a while till they start serving so I won't have to hostess much anymore, which means I will get to serve more. I can't possibly end up being there till 11 every night as a server, right (keeping my fingers crossed! )?

Last night was hard food-wise, too. The other 4pm server came in with a McDonald's cheeseburger for dinner. Yum. the manager was complaining because he had gone to McDonald's, but that particular one didn't take credit cards, so he couldn't get anything. He ended up getting a big burger and fries at our restaurant instead. The daytime closer that was still on when I got in had a big ol' turkey burger with bacon and cheese. mmm...and I was having such a frustrating night, all I wanted was McDonald's greasy food or a huge dish of ice cream! I'm not normally an emotional eater, but last night was really pushing my limits. I was good, though, and stuck to my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fat-free/no sugar added yogurt, and apple. I was afraid I would go crazy and raid my fridge when I got home (not that I have any junk food in my house anyway, but too much of even healthy food is no good), but I was so tired by the time I got home that I just walked in and stripped off the smoke-smelly clothes and shoes and crawled into bed. Normally, I'll pack some of my food for the next day or iron my shirt for the next day, but not last night. I did nothing but crash and crash hard--I was asleep before the Family Guy theme song was over (Family Guy is on at 11:30pm).

Alright, enough whining about my job(s). I stuck to my food yesterday--yay for me! This weekend is the big HFStival in Baltimore (by radio station WHFS--www.hfstival.com if you care), so I will be at Jeff's since he lives much closer to Baltimore, so we can just take the train and not have to drive into the city. The weekend after, my sister and her fiance and his 5-year old daughter (my Wacky Jackie--the girl in my icon) are all coming to visit, and we're going to go to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. Should be fun--I'm looking forward to it!

cacmsc--welcome! I, too, stick between 1400-1500 calories a day during the week (I'll not talk about the weekends ). Congrats on getting back into the swing of things before, as you said, gaining back what you've already lost.

Aimee--glad you're feeling better! It's amazing what the mind is capable of (i.e., positive thinking can actually make you feel physically better, just as negative thinking can make you feel worse).

Diana--thanks for the tips! I still did not clean the rust out of my wok--definitely no time for that. I don't mind throwing my other pots and pans in the dishwasher because they were hand-me-downs, anyway, and not necessarily in the greatest shape to begin with. When I get more established, I'll actually buy good stuff and will treat it as such. For now, though they all get the job done, and the non-stick surface hasn't worn off yet. Of course, I use them all so infrequently (seeing as how I have so much time to cook ) that I don't think putting them in the dishwasher once or twice a month will hurt them too much. The one thing I really hate cleaning is the rotisserie cooker--jeez what a pain! Entirely too many parts

Kimberley--Where's your late night/early morning post?! I thought you said we wouldn't notice a difference while you were gone for a day!

Marge, Heather, Kylie, and Sara--Hello!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #72  

woo-hoo..am down 6 more pounds...even with the slight cheating from time to time. this is amazing!!! I measure this Sunday since I won't be home the following, Good luck all..!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:01 PM   #73  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Hello Jill! I'm here!!! Work has been really busy lately... barely able to keep up with everyone's posts let alone have ME post too!!! I'm at work now... so forgive me for choppy thought process...

Maintained last week... Arrgh! Very frusterating for me, I want so bad to keep losing and never hit a plateau! (I don't ask for much ) Mixed some exercise up again, maybe I can shake it. Have 2 weeks until Memorial day goal of 260, 4 pounds to go.

On the bright side of things my mom actually told me on Sunday that I am "starting to look so thin". Holy crap! A real compliment from my narcissistic mother!?! Then my Grandma came over, haven't seen her since Christmas, and she said I was looking really good and proceeded to giggle my belly! uuugghhh, gross! Um, yup, I'm still fat and have a long ways to go, back up off the rolls Granny!!! Now I did not actually say that to her I just stepped back and smoothed my shirt. God I love relatives!

Well that's about it for me... Unless you want crazy dog stories!
HAGD!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #74  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Wow... 7 hours with no post from anyone?!?!?!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:18 PM   #75  

I am alive!! 2 days in a row.. heh. I woke up this morning and was feeling off.. I just need more sleep, lots more sleep. I was burning up, looked pretty bad, and so I just got up, moved slowly and went to work. Which is why I haven't posted yet! I am feeling weak, but better.

Jill - has it been a lonely day? You definitely need a higher paying job, working 2 jobs is no way to live. I was told about a job today, helping special needs kids at school, you get paid 25 bucks an hour! It's definitely not for me.. but there are high paying jobs which don't require lots of education, the girl who was telling me about it said she only had to take a 6 month course. It's amazing all the different jobs out there, so hard to choose what to do! You definitely need more time to yourself. I hear you on being frustrated last night, it's not that you were angry at the people..and it's not that they knew you were wanting to go home or anything. Nature of the beast... customer service that is.

Diana - you are doing SO good, seriously.

Sara - maintaining is SO much better than gaining, but I'm with you, no plateau's for me too please I was talking to my bf and we were talking about how after about 2-3 weeks I tend to stop losing, and so we were saying I should change my diet every time that happens. That could be a lot of work, and shopping though. I don't know what I'm trying now, just trying to eat mainly fruits and veggies.

I think it is kinda lonely without Kimberley... I definitely notice it!

And where is Marge?? I feel as though my american part is missing.. hehe. Oh man, if I lived in the usa, I'd be addicted to Taco Bell, it's so yummy, cheap, and a great source of fat!

So today is the start of my watching the fruits and veggies I'm eating, so far so good. I'm eating fruit salad as we speak.. my bf is so sweet, he made it for me 3 cups of fruit salad, it's very very yummy. I had salad with parmesan cheese and broccoli for lunch, and a low fat marble cheese string. I'll likely be down for calories today because I skipped a snack, just couldn't face the idea of eating. Well I am off to watch NCIS and the ending of Sex and the City (first time I saw the last epidsode I cried like a little baby, it was SO SO Good!).

-Aimee
Closed Thread