Old 09-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #1471  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Me again.....hi.

Well I finally made it for my walk this morning. The third time was a charm!!
My pedometer read almost 8000 steps, so if Curly is right....then I did a great job on a 4 mile walk this morning. YEAH!!!
I was a nosey parker...LOL....went through the 3 new subdivisions they are building and thought the houses were gorgeous, but the yards were like a postage stamp. All this for the mid 290's !!! WOW....a little too rich for my blood but fun to walk through.

Just helped my son finish his school project. He had to do a diorama (natural habitat in a shoebox) on a black widow spider. His choice not mine!!! And I've seen enough books and facts on them now to scare the s***t out of me. They are pretty common all over the States and mostly live in woodpiles. I'll be checking our firewood come winter, let me tell you.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #1472  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I survived my concerts yesterday but I think I lost some hearing. I was up front with the "kids" last night at TobyMac and it was LOUD. I don't normally get claustrophobic but that was a lot of people in a small space. Danced through the whole concert and I don't normally dance in public. I think I"m getting a little old for this.

Lisa-congrats on the weight loss. Go for the ballet class. You'll have a good time and it should be good exercise as well.

Turtle-I'm sorry you are having such a hard time on the beach. Every time you go on a "diet" it does get harder and harder to lose weight. We aren't imagining that. yo-yo dieting does something bad to your metabolism. How can we help you stay OP?

The couple who own the dog that Buddy bit last weekend came by today to tell me that he is fine. They had him to the vet and he didn't need any treatment. I told them what I had done to try to fix the problem and they were appreciative.

My boys want their dinner so I better get going.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:41 AM   #1473  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default weigh in

my weigh in this morning is 247.... up again! But I am not gonna stress. I have been OP and exersicing like crazy

one day it will go down...
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:25 AM   #1474  
soon to be goddess

WOOHOO....I was doing the happy nekkid dance this morning!!! Down another 3.5 lbs.......my weight is now 222.

I don't have time to address everyone as I'm running out the door to drive ds and the infamous black widow diorama to school!! Have a great day!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:17 AM   #1475  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Gals,
Just checkin up on everyone, this week end was Crazy!!!! !!!
my son's party was good, all the other kids were well behaved, he was amess, he was cry most of the time and I couldn't get him to relax and have fun and that is not much like him. He woke up very early and didn't want to eat all day. I think the anticipation was to much. then the pinata, can you say kids go wild! it was a mess. But he was happy and sunday was a good day, he slept for 13 hours that night an woke up and played with his new toys and his friends that were at his party(they all live on our street pretty much). It was our last party in our family home so my sister was a bit teary eyed the whole time and several time wen in the house and started crying.

Suday, I was finishing up packing but I did get my jog in. the first one in a week! I did well, I bought some new running shoes at a specialty store and they are great. I would suggest anyone who walks or runs, go to a specialty store and get fitted for a good pair of shoes it really makes a difference. It was funny, at the store the guy had me walk bear foot, and mesure my feet then brought out several pairs and had me run on the treadmil and analized what was going on. I could really tell the difference. my feet have a high arch and they turn inward a bit so I had to get ones for stability. My sister's feet turn out so she had to get motion control. It was neat and it made my jogging a lot smoother.

Good job to everyone this weekend, it sounds like we are hanging in there. I was ok but not great. I dont' think I overdid it at the party but I'll see.

talk to you all soon,
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #1476  
Staying in 1derland!

heres a pic from the walk thats me with the braid see how crazy i am shaped? no hips and all shoulders.. haha thats not my backside ... i had a red fanny pack on

Last edited by curlylocks; 02-16-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #1477  
soon to be goddess

**sigh** I WISH....I had no hips!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:21 PM   #1478  
Staying in 1derland!

its hard as **** to get that weight off across my back.. i wonder y some people get heavy there?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:16 AM   #1479  

Howdy Everyone,
Sorry I was MIA yesterday. M and I had some kind of flu bug. We are much better today but I didn't eat much yesterday. I am not stressing about it just going from there. I tried to keep something in my tummy all day. WE had soup and a lot of toast and crackers.

Today is a new day. I am going to be slammed at work today. I am a day behind and need to get payroll done. I am going to the post office on my way to work.

On a happy note, I went through some of my closet. I am trying to organize my clothing. I have tons of clothes in all sizes. I found a lot of jeans to replace the other ones that don't fit anymore. I have a huge box of clothes that don't fit anymore that I am getting rid of.. never want to see those sizes again. I am washing them and getting them ready for winter. Found a bunch of sweat shirts and other shirts. I have even been going through my dress clothes too.

Well..I need to get M up and get ready for my day. I will check back later and do personals.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #1480  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Morning (grumble grumble)

Oh man, it's Monday again. But if I can get through this week and Saturday's home game, I'll be off for six days, work another home game and then off two more. I may get to bring Squeak home today (before work) if they release her. Yesterday they gave me the run around all day and then finally admitted at two-thirty that they'd had someone go into cardiac arrest in their office (maybe after seeing the bill) and the DOCTOR was too shook up to look at Squeak. I don't want to sound cold or uncaring, but had they told me that all along, I would have been understanding. They tell me they're not going to charge me for keeping her yesterday. Just odd, I think. So anyway, I'm waiting until it's late enough to call and ask about her again. She's going to forget who her Mama is.

Jay and I went for a bike ride yesterday and then had a naughty dinner of pizza and chocolate. Then we were wrestling in the yard and we both took a bad tumble. We're both so sore this morning that we can barely move. I'm not sure if it's from the bike ride or the tumble or both. But we're getting too old for this.

He had to leave at 0730 to go home to take his OWN cat to the vet. Gremlin has a bum leg.

Here's hoping to a better week for the Turtle. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue on SB or not, but regardless, I need to try to keep my exercise up. I feel that's the key. C'mon Turtle, five days and two home games, you can do it. And here's hoping EVERYONE has a better week (raising my coffee to all the PIC Chicks who roost here)
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #1481  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone, well yesterday was ok eating wise, no excersise. I woke up this morning and just wanted to start yellling at people. I think I wake up in a bad mood becaus I havn't been working out. Or maybe its just all the chaos right now. Either way, I have to figure out a way to get over it, its no good to start the day in a really bad mood.

Curly, Its funny how eveyone wishes they were built different. I'm the opposite of you and I always envy the ladies with smaller hips and legs because they can fit into pants which I can't but myupper body is so little. ITs like I have two different bodys connected at the waist. And the sad thing for me is people will say oh you are losing weight, but you'll never lose those hips, thanks a lot!

Lisa, I hope the flu is gone for good. keep your self hydrated.

Hotcup, that is so goofy about the vet, you think they would have at least been up front withyou about whythey were keeping your cat. hmmm people are weird. Have a good week, its sounds like a doosey.

Got to run to a meeting,
I'll talk to you all later.
Jenie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #1482  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. I'm still alive. I haven't been exercising much either and I need to get back to it. Turtle-I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing here but, success in losing weight is a big part psychological. After you get over that hurtle, it is mostly about following a good eating program faithfully. You will have to change the way you eat FOREVER. Exercise is a very small piece of this puzzle. If you are hoping that you can eat whatever you want and just exercise to make up for it, it won't work unless you can literally spend all day in the gym. I think everyone on this thread could vouch for that.

I finally completed my Internal Medicine module. It was due by Friday. They score it immediately so I know I passed. YEAH! Only 4 more to go. I also ordered my dog proof furniture over the weekend. I'm hoping to have that by Christmas.

I certainly hope I have a better week than last week. That was awful! It seems to be starting a little better.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #1483  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Just letting you all know that I am still kicking !! Hope you are all doing well and staying out of trouble

Have a great day and talk to you again soon.

Teri
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #1484  

Good Afternoon!!

Ok...we all need to get on the exercise bandwagon..... a few of us fell off and bumped our head. I am going to challenge myself to exercise 3 days at the gym and 1 other exercise... for a total of 4 by Saturday. We all need to get up and get moving.

Turtle: Petra is right... Losing weight is mental! You can do this!!! Pick one program and stick with it for a whole month...I think you will be surprised.

Petra: Glad you got the tests done... WOW on the furniture..it will be there by Christmas. I have your last week...horrible start to this week..but hopefully it will be better for us both.

Jennie: Glad you had a nice bday party for your son. Kids do that... I think it is over excitement.

Curly: I want less "girls"...much to dh's dismay. I have gone down several bra sizes but I would love to be flat chested..nahhh..probably won't happen..same with my thights..I have thunder thighs even when I was thin.

Yea Angel on your loss!! You will be in onderland in no time. I am still pushing for Halloween.

Ok..will check back later.]
Lisa
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #1485  
soon to be goddess

I CHALLENGE YOU LISA!!!

How's that? LOL.... yes, I promise to do the same. Actually today was the killer kickboxing class (1hr) and then a cardio core class (30min) then I walked 30 min on the treadmill and? topped it off with 10 min on the eliptical. I was hoping for more on the eliptrical, but its been awhile and 10 min was all I could do!! geez, I used to be able to do almost 45 minutes a few years back. I'll get there though...one thing at a time. I felt really good when I left. I usually go Tues-Friday for classes/treadmill and then just treadmill on Saturdays as I don't like the class teacher.

YEAH!!! GO LISA GO!!!

Petra....Congratulations on finishing your medicine module!!!