Old 09-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #1426  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Tootin' my own horn a bit

Yeah, tootin' it while I'm still all motivated and feeling positive (get in while it lasts) Not only did I make 13 or 14 bottles of SF Kool-aid, but I grilled two skinless, boneless chicken breasts, packed them in with green beans and made two servings of tuna salad with 1/2 a can in each of garbanzo beans (cici's). That'll take care of lunch and supper for two whole days! Way to plan ahead Turtle!

The exercise **** is coming back in the morning for another work out. My back is a bit sore from "TRYING" to get up and off my balance ball (during our "Lumps circuit") But I'm hoping it's JUST sore and not, strained or something worse.

My mini trampoline didn't come today. I was sure it would and was VERY disappointed. It would have been the perfect day to recieve and play with it. Sigh.

I'm also a bit concerned about Squeak. She's acting all lazy again and feeling warm. I went in and got her off of my bed (where she's been sleeping all DAY) and pet her and brushed her. She perked up and ate and pottied, but went RIGHT back to my bed. I'm hoping she's just lazy instead of sick. I can't afford much more with that grey beast.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #1427  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

It was back to work day for me today and it was insane! (no pun intended) I had peanuts for lunch literally. I did get to talk to the invisible fence people. They are coming on Wednesday to bring me a stronger collar and do some more training with Buddy. In the meantime, he gets tied outside.

I went to my first pilates class tonight. I was lucky enough that there were only 2 of us in this class so I got some individual attention which was nice since it was my first class. It has a lot in common with yoga. I liked it enough to go again if it fits in my schedule.

I'm expecting TOM this week too. We all seem to be on the same cycle again.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:45 PM   #1428  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hey Partners !!

Just a quick check in for me.

Had a spooktacular WI this morning but nothing spectacular about it... a 2.1 lb gain.. NUTS !!

Things have been absolutely crazy for me... Friday night I worked until 7:00, then off to school on Saturday from 9-4 and 9-12 on Sunday.. then back to work on Sunday afternoon.. I got home at 8:00 last night and then was back there at 7:30 this morning. I left work at 4:00 to come home and study.. which I just put away at 8:30....I wish doing all that brain work would help the scale go down

Looks like we had lots of mixed results on our WI this week.. congrats to the losers and to us gainers, hang in there, we will see better results next week!

Have a great Tuesday all and I will try to check in again soon.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #1429  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Unhappy Gain for me too. BIG one!

I'm up a BUNCH. But I'm back on the beach and feeling pretty motivated today. So, I guess I'll not let it get to me. My weigh in was 233 this morning. Wow, that's up from .... oh I'm not going to dwell on it. It is was it is. 233. I guess I'd better go change my ticker
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #1430  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick pop in before I head to the gym. Glad to see alot of posts this fair morning!!! I'll post individual hello's later but just wanted to say.....HIA---YAHHHHH!!!! TAKE THAT!!!! Its my kickboxing class this morning, LOL I even convinced another friend to come take it with me, hopefully she'll still be my friend after class..
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:57 AM   #1431  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i would love to see 233 on my scale!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #1432  

Howdy All... sorry I was MIA yesterday.. This is going to be real quick since I actually have a ton of work to do today..don't you hate it when work gets in the way of your fun! We had open house at school last night and tonight is the PTL(PTA) meeting.

I am drinking my water like crazy. Scale is not moving but I am. LOL I am getting my AP's in but need to challenge myself more to get this weight off by Halloween.

I think most of had a horrible week. I wonder why?? In the moon??? LOL

This is a post I posted on another group in response to needing support and if on WW do you have to eat your fruits and veggies. Can you lose weight without fruit and veggies?? Anyway, this was my response:
__________________________________________________ _
I do get in my fruits and veggies and try to do it before lunch. I use my f&v's as my snacks most of the time. I count everything M-F. I also use my AP's to try to get in 3 servings of dairy. If I have AP's in the evening, I always drink a glass of milk with dinner or before bed. I give myself a little freedom on the weekends. I am aware of what I eat but I am not obsessed about it. I do try to stay within my points in my head because I am trying to learn to live the change than being obsessed with the change. I don't plan for my flex points but probably use them on the weekends or for the "extras: like cream, low fat mayo, and other things that go into our meals that we don't plan for. (hopefully that makes sense)

The other thing I do is ALWAYS get my water in and more than the 64ozs. I try for 150oz each day. My body craves the water more than anything else. I have cut out all pop and I used to be a huge (in more ways than one) pop drinker. Because of a bout with kidney stones...I gave it up. Even diet pop tastes sweet to me. If we go out to dinner I may order one but do prefer water and have a glass too with dinner. I have one cup of coffee a day with splenda and fat free cream. Drinking the water has been a very healthy choice for me. It has helped with "other" problems I was having like leaking and the kidney stones. This has made a big difference in the way I look and feel. If I do not get enough water my body tells me so. I also get in my AP's running to the potty every 10 minutes. LOL

I also try to get my AP's in most days. Doesn't always work going to the gym but I get creative. I started wearing a pedometer and trying to do 10,000 steps everyday. I have a very active 5 year old. I used to think I didn't have "time" to get in my ap's. I actually have tons of time I just had to learn to plan better and do for myself. Although winter is approaching and you can feel it in the air today. LOL I am not sure how this will work. RIght now if I need something from the store I will ride my bike. I rode my bike to WI last week... figured it out it only took me an additional 10 minutes to get there if I would of driven. I go bike riding with my daughter on Sunday afternoons. Some days we just ride to the neighborhood school and play follow the leader on the playground. You ought to see me get my big butt up the slide. She gets to be the leader and we run and jump all over the playground. More of a workout then the elipitical for 30 minutes and the time I spend with my daughter is priceless. Sometimes we just take a walk around the block in the evening and talk about her day. There are days I go to the gym by myself. She has gymnastics on Mon and Wed and I try to go while she is there. Luckily my dh is involved and he takes her and I pick her up on my way home. My gym time is my time and they are very good about letting me go there. My WI is on Saturday mornings. I normally don't stay for the meeting. Just don't find the leader motivating. I try to go to the gym afterwards. This is normally my long day at the gym.(1-1/2 -2 hours) I try to find activities that I can do with my family to get in my AP's and do little tricks like parking far away in the parking lot or around the block when going to the post office. My family is living this with me and need to be involved.

Now with winter approaching my brain is looking for ways to get my AP's in without being outside. We have a harsh winter. I bought some Richard Simmon videos from amazon.com to keep me active on the days I can't make it to the gym and can't workout outside. I bought some handweights and a toning band. Both I got on sale at Target because they are doing an end of season clearance here. I also figured instead of using the snow blower I will shovel the snow on my big corner lot. You have to keep moving. It doesn't have to be at the gym or a organized workout. Just putting on music and dancing around while you are cleaning your house is AP's or walking around Walmart for 2-1/2 hours while grocery shopping.

Reward yourself for each 5lbs loss. It could be something simple and non food related. One of the things I am doing on another group is we talked about charm braclets and for each 5lbs we are adding another charm. I signed up for a Halloween challenge. I am trying to get to onderland by Halloween. When I obtain this goal, I am buying me a new outfit. Challenge yourself to make small steps and try not to change your whole lifestyle overnight. Another group I participate in is doing an exercise challenge this month. We are trying to get in 26 days of exercise out of 30 for September. I haven't figured out what my reward is for that but it probably will be a new video or something that can help me achieve exercise for November. Small changes, small steps... Celebrate the NSV's (non scale victories)

I think the hardest thing is admitting you have a problem with food. It doesn't have to be the enemy. Our bodies need food but more importantly the right kinds of food. That doesn't mean you can never have something it means you have to modify it to fit your new lifestyle. I try many new reciepes that are low in points. I use low fat cheese in foods like tacos and sandwhiches. I use splenda in baking and in things that need sugar like coffee. Instead of eating chips although I do buy the low fat Ruffles I like carmel rice cakes. I measure and count out my foods. Another trick I have done is bought some smaller plates so you don't feel like you have this big empty plate. I measure my portions. Most of us came to this because we never learned how to eat or actually we learned too well. You have to modify your body and your mind and unlearn what you learned as a child. We were told to finish what was on our plate, we learned it was ok to call and order pizza, we think nothing about stopping by McD's and getting lunch. I have learned I have to plan for those things. I can have a McD's hamburger but a 1/4 pounder with cheese is probably not my best choice a kids meal is much better and you get a reward of the toy and can have apples instead of fries. There is more than enough food in there. Involve your family. I think one of the biggest mistakes is we treat this like a diet and we eat our food and our family eats theirs. I have figured out my family doesn't need 2 packages of cookies or other crap every week....they are not being denied but are given healthier choices in fresh fruit and veggies, yogurt, or low fat alternatives. Because of me changing the way I cook, my dh has lost about 15lbs without really trying.

Ok, I am done writing my book and in a way has helped me too. I have been on WW since the middle of May and I have lost 40lbs, went down 4 sizes in pants(24W to 18) and look and feel so much more healthier. In 18 weeks, I have lossed 16 weeks, maintained once and only gained once.(although the next week, I loss enough for both weeks) WW has worked for me and it can work for you.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #1433  

Hi All . Sorry I have not been around alot. Things have been busy. Yesterday I decided to do Tae Bo again and once again I am paying for it again today. Not as bad as last time though. I guess I just need to get used to it again.

TOM just left my house. Good Riddance.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #1434  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Well said Lisa!!!
And no wonder you are doing so well !!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #1435  
Staying in 1derland!

lisa, as i read your post i had to chuckle does your husband notice that u are cooking healthier? i just thought that would be funny if he doesnt eaven realize it..
Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 AM   #1436  
Staying in 1derland!

Default the biggest loser..

did u guys watch the "biggest loser" ... i do wonder how they can lose 15 or more ponds in 10 days... but i guess thats becuz they dont have to do anything else... like go to work or school.. I wish there was a vacation spot like this.. lol
Old 09-14-2005, 07:28 AM   #1437  

Good Morning PIC!

I have been so busy the last few days at home and work. THis week is unreal. Tonight M is having a friend stay over because her mom is going to see her dad before he is deployed to Kuwait for a year. Right now he is stuck in Va and they are trying to decide if they are going to Kuwait or New Orleans. Tomorrow night is piano and Friday night M has a special gymnastics thing, Saturday is ballet and fence building again. Sunday we are resting.

Curly: Dave didn't notice until he started losing weight. He said it must be the healthier cooking. He thinks he doesn't like low fat cheese but ummm... I been using it in all my cooking. LOL Tonight I am making WW pizza. It has tons of veggies on it like mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers and onion. I make M a little piece with just cheese. He also hasn't notice the splenda. LOL

Momx3: Good luck with your exercise. It does make you feel better. I stepped on the scale this morning and I was down which amazes me because my exercise the last few days have been null. I am going to the gym tonight. Seems like the more I exercise the less I lose but I know it is good for me so I will keep doing it.

Angel: Interesting about my post. The person it was intended for didn't get it. She physically got it but mentally I think there was no one home. LOL We had another lady on that list what wanted to lose weight but didn't want to work at it...she wanted it to magically come off. I swear this is the same person.. I honestly think you have to change your state of mind to be sucessful. Neither of these people were willing.

Turtle: come out of your shell... How are you doing today?? Promise me you won't look at the scale until your normal weigh in day. Pick one day stick with it!!! You can do this!!!! Don't depress yourself by being scale addicted. I use the scale as a tool. I laugh when I am up as much as 10lbs in one day. I weight myself way to much but getting better about not doing it. I might have to hide the scales. Great job on the exercise. You can do this!!!!

Petra: I am not on your cycle..thank goodness.LOL I have no cycle..and I am loving it. I think I still PMS much to dh's dismay. LOL I want to try pilates but I am not good in a group setting so I think I will stick to my ellipitical and treadmill and weight workouts. LOL

TEB: don't worry about the gain..it will come off again. Remember to take time for yourself!!!!

L2L: WHere are you????????????????????????????????? Post girl!!

Ok..I am still trying to decide if I can sleep another hour... Might go lay down with M and snuggle with her for a while. I want sleep. LOL

Lisa
WYoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:59 AM   #1438  
Staying in 1derland!

Talking commercial

OMG i 4got to tell u guys about the commercial i saw last night... it was for diet oatmeal ... and all theses people are running around with a shackle and chain and guess whats chained to their leg??? a scale ... I had to laff becuz i was saying "omg thats me"!!!!

I am that scale addicted!! LMAO
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 AM   #1439  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
Yesterday was my long day at work, I do my regular 9-5 then I teach a night class at a school that is an hour away. ahhh what I don't do for money. Yesterday was also one of my fist big tastes or being a coordinator, I had 3 meetings in the morning , then had to interview someone(man, interviews are painful, I felt bad for this gal we were interviewing), didn't get a chance to eat lunch until 1:30, and then the kids show up at 2:30 for our afterschool programs.... so I was running around but not really running.
Today I walked to work to at least have a few moments to my self. My son's b-day is this weekend and its in the middle of this whole moving things. We are having it in the yard at our old house because our new house's yard is still a mess but there won't be naything left in the house by then. I just hope it turns out OK, I can't invite his whole class like he would want me to so its going to just be neighborhood kids.
gotta run, got a call, I'll check back in and finish in a minute.
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #1440  

I got my butt on the elliptical this morning before work and got in the downstairs shower instead of using the one in my room. Now normally I get out of the shower dry off and get dressed but today I had to wrap the towel around myself to run to the den where my clothes were and guess what..... I wrapped it all the way around myself!!!!

I am at work so I will try to get on later. I just had to tell you guys.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote