Old 09-03-2005, 09:57 PM   #1351  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Turtle-that's a cheap vet bill. When I checked Buddy into the University of Penn for his cancer surgery, they said "That will be $1100.00 deposit" I almost fainted. Altogether, I think his cancer treatment cost me about $5000. I know people who have spent more than that so I consider myself lucky in this case.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #1352  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default spooktacular weigh in

Checking in for my spooktacular weigh in!....

curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #1353  

Well, the good news is..I didn't gain...the bad news is I didn't lose. I maintained. At first I was mad, then decided to go ahead and go to the gym and work my butt off. I have noticed I can stay on the machines longer and work up my strides. I am setting small goals for myself...to keep up with a certain pace for x amount of minutes. I am pushing myself a little. I also added a lot more weight training this week. I looked back at my menus and other than having meat 2 days more than I normally do... I was OP even with the meat. I was within my points range and didn't use my flex points. I only use 1/2 my exercise points. This is a new week and I will work harder on my exercise. I think my body is going through an adjustment to the next phase. I have been OP for 18 weeks and this is only the 2nd time I haven't showed a loss and the time before..I lost my average for both weeks. I am not going to let it get me down..I am just more determined.

We are helping my bro in law and sis in law build their fence. I got to load up posts yesterday on the 4-wheeler and drive them around. I also got to take the kids for rides around the yard (10 acres) on the 4-wheeler. My bro in law said I was having too much fun. LOL I have to admit..I was. The kids like my driving because I am safe. I also went on the trampoline with them. They thought that was kewl. It is great to have the energy to keep up with the little gang. LOL

I have 3 sleeping girls upstairs. I bought them back with me last night. My stepson and his wife are moving this weekend so we have their little girl. My niece and M are upstairs too. They are having a slumber party. LOL I am taking them to Sunday School and church..although we are leaving after the singing. Our pastor is gone this week and the man that is filling in has a speech problem and there is no way I can listen to him besides it is family Sunday so no children's church. I know that sounds horrible but 3 girls under 5...no way I could sit through it. We are going back to my sis in laws to help with the fence. Dave is skipping out on church. I am taking over my fat free hotdogs for dinner BBQ.

The farmers market was great. Next weekend we are going to the farm. We will spend the day riding around the hay wagons picking our own veggies. Think of the AP points I will rack up. LOL It is the same place we get most of our produce at the farmer market. http://www.millerfarms.net
The big fall festival is wonderful. M is going with school the following week. You have to give them kudos on figuring out how to suppliment their farm. LOL I also got some homemade salsa..it was wonderful. Albertson's isn't carrying low fat chips anymore. I don't know why. So I looked at all the packages to find the lowest calories and fat content. I knew I needed some chips to go with the salsa. I also had some salsa on my red potatos last night..it was good too. The peaches were wonderful!!!!!

I do have to say..I knew what a mountaineer was. My family is from WV. I was born in Parkesburg and my parents grew up there. We left when I wsa 3 to Florida. My dad's stories of walking in the snow up to his tush in the dead of winter......umm...we so untrue. LOL We went there when I was 10 to visit..his house was across the street from the school. My mom did have to walk about 4 miles everyday... several times a day..her father was sick and she went home for lunch to take care of him. Turtle, my dad was their biggest fan. We always watched their games on national tv. My mom would make us doritos with bean dip on top and cheese melted from being baked in the oven. That was also our super bowl food. No wonder I have unhealthy eating habits. LOL

Well, I really don't have time for personals this morning and since I already wrote a book...... I hope everyone has a great day OP and get in your water and exercise. Have a safe Labor Day weekend!!!!

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #1354  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone!! What a beautiful day so far, I was up early 7am and took the dog for a nice long walk. I was thinking of you Lisa!!! Not quite your 5:30 am but still glad I went. The gym is closed today, so every little bit helps...right?

Hotcup......I'm so glad that Squeak is starting to come around. I know you felt badly for her but the meds seem like they are helping. I just paid a good bill also for the vet, it never ends sometimes!! uh...thanks for the update on what game you were watching.....DOH!! hehe...kinda clueless there.

Lisa......Good for you on going to the gym to work out your scale frustrations. I am getting the hang of 'just going' also. I'm leaving right from the morning busstop for ds....NO EXCUSES THEN!!! My gym has their new fall schedule starting with alot more variety of classes. I can't wait. I'm going to pm you a new recipie I tried for a pasta salad, very tasty and low in pts.

Petra......YIKES!!! That is quite the dollar amount, but nothing compares with having him around and healthy. He is your 'boy' afterall.

NOthing much planned for today, dh is going to help a friend stud his basement so he can then finish it. hehe....I always knew my husband was a STUD!!! lol Have a good day!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #1355  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning Partners !! Before you sent out a search party for me I thought I better check in.

Life is pretty busy for me right now, so I may not get the chance to post as often as I would like. But I will certainly try to keep up with everyone and post as much as I can.

I had a sneak peak at the scale this morning and it is looking good, so hopefully no major swings over night !! Everyone is doing well on the challenge and getting over the obstacles that they are presented with. So a big to us all !!

Hotcup ~ glad to hear that your kitty is doing better. You have such determination that you will be back on the beach and losing heaps again before you know it.

Petra ~ i can't believe the airline is acting like that (or maybe I can) You are probably right though, they are probably hoping people will get frustrated and just say "forget it".

Curly ~ love the new avatar.. is that a self portrait ?!!?

Lisa ~ you sound as busy as ever. Well done on maintaining this week...definately better than a gain.

Angel ~ you are doing great with the gym. I have been keeping up with my early morning walks on week days and have really been enjoying them.

Mom, Jennie, L2L, Dee ~ hope you are all doing well and enjoying your weekend

Well I best hit the books, but first a nice is in order.

Have a great day and TTYS.

Last edited by Louie; 09-04-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #1356  
soon to be goddess

Default ooops....

hehe.....sorry TLB.....that was YOU and your 5:30am morning walks!!! darn it all, knew it was someone here getting up early!!! LOL

also.....curly......forgot to say CONGRATS on your weight loss!!! woohoo I like your new avatar also!!
Old 09-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #1357  
Staying in 1derland!

thanks! i guess it was all the salt on my boiled eggs that was getting me! lol yep that av looks just like me in the morning minus the bow!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #1358  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Ladies. I have to work this weekend. It hasn't been too bad so far but lots of drinking and driving unfortunately. I'm on the phone with the airline for the 3rd time. I'm giving them the option this time of either giving the money to a charity on my behalf or donating the ticket to someone who needs to evacuate the area. Let's see what they have to say about that!

I also officially signed up to be a volunteer to the Gulf today at work. I don't know if they will ask me to go. I think they are looking for trauma surgeons, ER docs, paramedics, EMTs, etc more than people like me at this point but I put my name in.

I took my boys out for a nice walk this evening. The weather here is really nice. It is the 80's, not too humid. It will be fall before you know it.

The airline has decided to give me a refund. How about that. I think I'll either go with the Salvation Army or the charity through my church.

Have a good holiday everyone. Be safe and don't drink and drive.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #1359  
soon to be goddess

Congratulations Petra!!!....I admire you!!....you perservered and won. YEAH!!! I think its a testiment to your character that you held strong for your refund at the airline (and won) and that you are being so generous and donating the refund amount. Thankfully much needed help is finally making its way to the gulf coast and just in time. God bless.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #1360  
Staying in 1derland!

Default spooktacular weigh in !!!

i need to change my weigh in cuz this morning i am 244!!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #1361  
soon to be goddess

WOOHOO....!!!! GO CURLY GO!!!! Now that is GREAT NEWS!!!!!

I'm also down for another 2 lbs......226.5 for a total of 8 lbs lost so far!!! I'm doing the happy dance!!! Does anyone have any plans for today? Maybe hitting the malls? Dh is going to help a friend do some more stud work in his basement and then after lunch we are going to go mini-putting. The boys should love that!! Not much else to do, thankfully I've already done the huge pile of laundry....lol

Petra.....Any news on the 'dog friendly' furniture yet? Sounds like a great idea.

Lisa.......How did the fence building go? Sounds like a large area to do, probably will take awhile.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:22 AM   #1362  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Mornin'

Happy Holiday everyone. I have no plans. But I was hoping my brother or sister would call and tell me they're having a get together, but I guess nothings' planned as of yet. I know that could go both ways and I could call them! But I don't have the means to have a get together here (unless they bring their own chairs and we sit around the camp fire.

I made south beach friendly chili yesterda, grabbed a diet dew and watched my Mountaineers win a sloppy, undeserved football game against Syracuse. But a win is a win is a win. I had melted string cheese on my chili and then for my evening meal, I had fresh tomatoes with even more chili. I'm chili-ed out now. I might freeze the rest.

Curly, great job on poundage lost. You too Angel-eyes (two pounds? Dang gurrrrl!) Everyone else, have a great holiday Day. When is that spooktacular weigh in? I haven't been on the scale in a while.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #1363  

Howdy Everyone!!
Now, I am really depressed..everyone loss this week..AKKKKKKKKKKK I really am going to decide next week if all my exercise was really worth it. LOL I know it was...

The fence building is going slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! My dh and bro in law are not as young as they used to be. My sis in law can't help so she was in charge of the children and food. LOL Yesterday, I dug out the pole holes. THey had already been dug but the dirt filled up in them and had to be taken out. Lots of rocks in the prairie and fine powerdy sand on the top. So I had the post hole digger cleaning them out and having to hand dig about 4-5 inches on some. I got my workout yesterday. My upper body and arms. My hands are sore this morning but I will finish today. I did 35 holes yesterday and have 10 more today. THen I will get to tamp the dirt for the posts. Dh and bro in law are out of shape and having a hard time tamping LOL I think my bro in law was surprised that I actually worked. LOL I figured this was going to the gym...but I get lots of fresh air and sunshine.

Since sis in law is in charge of food... my eating hasn't been wonderful but ok. The steak dinner was ok...and we've had lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I planned on taking my ff hot dogs over and left them on the counter after church. I had a regular hotdog and a hamburger last night. Probably only should of had one or the other. Also they have well water so I am taking my water today. Drank too much diet pop yesterday.

M loves being at my sis in laws house. she loves the open space. The girls did good. My stepson is moving this weekend to Colorado. He got a job in the mines. We are not happy but realize this is a great opportunity for him. He is going to work on the big equipment. His wife won't have to work and can stay at home with their young girls. Poor little Skyler, she is 2 and like a tank. She is into everything. She loved playing on the 4 wheeler and running around the yard. Poor kid..she burnt her leg on the 4 wheeler but never cried. She wanted back on. I didn't notice until later when I was giving her a bath. I felt really bad. She also had stratches on her from the puppies (2 mini poodles) and got into prickly things in the yard. The kid was one big open sore when she got done playing for 2 days. My daughter in law may never let me watch her again. LOL She was dirty and had wounds on her when she left. I told my stepson..I really tried to keep her safe. He laughed and said Lisa, she gets into everything and always has bumps and bruises on her.

I made the mistake of stepping on the scale last night. It is not moving!! I will be ok as long as it moves by Friday!! I will work very hard this week at the gym and around the house. My exercise is in overdrive. LOL

Well, need to make breakfast and get ready to go back to sis in laws. Everyone have a wonderful Monday!!
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #1364  
soon to be goddess

YUMMMM......I love chilli !!! Good job staying on plan Hotcup. I'm thinking of making some white chilli today, its made with northern beans. Can't say I've ever had them before but thats what I bought since the recipie called for them. Another interesting recipie is a bbq pulled pork sandwich. I have all the fixin's for that also. I used to LOVE when the boy scouts would come around with their fundraiser of selling BBQ plates. Our neighbour who was really into the BS's was always on the bbq pit duty and would get up at 3 am to start roasting several pigs in the pit. I don't think they do that here, but it was really good.....could be a North Carolina thing!!

Sorry....got off topic there.....LOL.....in answer to your question about the spooktacular weigh in, its ending at Halloween. Weekly weigh ins are on your usual day although most I think are at the beginning of the week. To each their own.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #1365  

Morning my PIC friends . I am having some breakfast while I type to you guys . Sorry I have not been on much. I went to have my hair done on Friday (Japenese Hair Straightening) that's 6 hours in the chair. My hair got curlier faster this time and the guy that does my hair hair thinks it is because I am eating healthy and . After I have this done I can't do anything to my hair for 3 days. He did'nt even want me to exercise (to much sweat) so I took Friday and Saturday off and then hopped on the treadmill for an hour yesterday.

I weighed in on Friday and the scale said 216.6 so I am rounding up to 217 so that's 2 more pounds. Only 22 to go.

Hotcup - I am so sorry I did'nt respond to your email. I was not ignoring you I just have not checked my emails for awhile. Did you look on this site under fat chicks on the beach? I use alot of their recipes. Maybe you already did this but ask Curly and Petra they I bet the both have recipes that are south beach friendly. Again I was not ignoring you so sorry!!

Lisa - I bet the exercise just has not caught up with you yet but it will. Chin up!!! You are doing so amazing on your exercise and sticking with your diet. You rule girl!!

Angel - 2 lbs !! Great job!! I am also a bbq kind of girl. I could eat it every night and not get sick of it. We had a bbq here last night because dh has to go over to his parents old house to work today. DH and his brother and sister are fixing it up so that they can sell it. It makes it hard on me and the kids because he goes to work at 3pm and does'nt get off until 11:30 and then on the weekends he is over there so we are not seeing him much these days.

Curly - All your hard work is catching up!! I also used to look like your avatar only it was'nt just in the morning. My hair looked like that ALL the time. I had alot of issues with my hair being so curly. Especially when I was a teenager and everyone else had the real cute feathered hair and mine was just a frizz ball.

Petra - So glad you got everything settled with airlines. I am having a really hard time dealing with what is going on over there. It breaks my heart everytime I turn on the TV. I don't think I have anymore tears left in me and then I turn on the TV and find more. I still can't believe that this can happen here in the US. I am happy to see that they are starting to get some help. I just feel so horrible about the people that are no longer able to be helped because we did'nt get their fast enough.

Tea - How's school going? Just post when you can. I can't wait to hear about your weight loss for the week.

Jennie and Lookin I hope you are having a great day.

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote