Old 06-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #751  

Just wanted to check in, I have been busy but I haven't fallen off the wagon! So I will try checking in more often.

I am glad to hear you are all doing great

Congrats to all the loosers YOU ARE DOING GREAT SUNSHINE!!!

Welcome to the newbies

Take care all

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:58 PM   #752  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and see how people are doing.
Afterwork my son was sleeping so no pool. I did my step aerobics and decided to go up one more riser and boy oh boy was it hard. I think I sweated about a gallon and I actually had to stop twice and just march. but its good to keep it challenging.

Welcome back Dee, keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Clipclop, keep the countdown going. I have just 3 days until summer vaca! yeah! summer!

Hotcup, I always feel like I leave some one out to and don't want to its hard to get everyone but I won't take it personally if you do. I know what you mean about the pool. Luckily, they have some cute skirted suits this year not quite so grannyish as they have been in the past. I got one and it makes me feel not quite so bad. I know I'll be much happier once I can wear a regular one.

Ok, gotta run. Have a good evening.
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #753  

Moonray, you snuck in on me while I was typing....
How are you, make sure to keep us posted and keep it going.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:29 PM   #754  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 265/255/180

Height: 5'8

Cool

Thanks Gals!

After I thought of it I dont think I eat any protien all day, except supper. I will surely try to eat more protein. maybe I can have a egg for breakfast. Or take for tuna for lunch. I try it somehow. Any meal Ideas I dont like lunch meat its too salty and fatty

Okay, I kinda have another problem, I work in a office, and there are always customers and visitors comming, so My work is always making food for them to eat and its not just snacks it full lunches. and i work at in the Beef business so theres always smoked beef left over it wouldnt be so bad if it was brought to the staff kitchen but its brought right next to my desk.I always find myself picking and nimbling all the time, this happens about once a week. I know this is totally oppostite then me getting sick for not eating enough. But i hate when It happens, it not even heathly foods it full fat cheese and fatty beef. Like today I tried to stay away but I had some cheese. they even had sandwiches but I ended up giving it to a guy who showed up late and never got one. He seemed really happy Im glad I gave it too him. Any one have any ideas so I can stay AWAY from ALL the food. Please HELP!! My office it right by a bunch of salesmen so they like to always pig out on the food. I think thats why its brought right by me.

well, besides that my day went pretty good, I am transfering to a different Curves. The one in our town now is only open 8:00am to 1:30pm. So I wont be able to go there are all Cause I work A half and hour away and I work 8:00 to 4:30. I will be able to go to the new one first thing in the morning if I want and have a shower there, or go there on my way home from work.which is okat too.

Talk to you all later,
Tomorrow I think Im going to write everything down again. I did it before and lost weight I stopped and I stopped losing I think I go overboard. with my eating.

[Later,
Amanda...
RasberryIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #755  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i usually have turkey breast or roast beef in a wheat wrap, and i dont do eggs.. i just dont like them... so cereal for breakfast, and a healthy choice meal for dinner, or steak, or a plain hamburger (ground round) then to snack i love granny smith apples plus they fill u up... or a snack cup of jello with fruit..

for some strange reason the other day i was craving tuna so bad.. i came home and ate the entire can

I pretty much eat the same things over and over but i always was like that..

get rid of the white flour... noodles... and the sugar and the weight will fall off!

Last edited by curlylocks; 06-28-2005 at 09:37 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:06 AM   #756  

Howdy All,
Just a quick note. WEnt to the Y tonight. Dave wouldn't go..he had some dental work done today and wasn't feeling all that great..so no workout but I think my body needed the rest so I swam instead. Mallissa is doing great in learning to swim.. She has come so far since the first time I took her and she about strangled me. Anyway I managed to do 10 laps in the pool... 5 front swim, 5 on my back. Worked my arms..jumped around in teh pool while I was waiting for M to swim to me. had a great time! I wore my old swim suit and the top was funky... IT is a two piece but not like you think. LOL I never had a problem with the top coming over my tummy but now it does. LOL So I will have to find my new one I bought over the weekend...it is a size smaller than I have been getting.>YIPPEEE for me.

A good source of protein is low peanut butter. I love it on rice cakes. My favorite 3 point snack. IT is also very filling. Amanda..take some baby carrots to work and snack on them. I can eat a whole bag a day. LOL I love snacking on those too.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:30 AM   #757  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Point Question

I know I should probably ask this somewhere else, but I was wondering if anyone knows the points for McDonald's new fruit salad. I didn't eat the candied walnuts, I gave them away. I can't believe I paid $3.17 for it! I don't even think it's a whole apple! But I have no idea how much it and the yogurt dip is worth (points wise). Thanks for any help in advance. Gotta get to bed...
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:32 AM   #758  

Well I am a newbie and this looks like fun so I figured I would give my information:

Name: Lolita
Maritial Stat: Married
Children: 1 Son
Highest Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 260 lbs
Goal Weight: 128 lbs
Current Clothing Size: 22
Goal Clothing Size: 8
Plan: 90/10 Weight-Loss Plan by Joy Bauer. Balanced diet of 90% nutritious food and 10% Fun (junk) Food.

Last edited by Lolita; 06-29-2005 at 01:35 AM. Reason: typos
Lolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:58 AM   #759  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

turtle:>>> 3 carbohydrate, 2.5 fat

this link is pretty cool cuz it will let u take stuff off and calculate the nutrition info... like removing the bun etc...
i tried taking some stuff off my "fav" the regular cheeseburger but it was still too many calories and too much fat!

http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=menuitems

Last edited by curlylocks; 06-29-2005 at 07:01 AM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #760  

Howdy All,
I Thought I would try to address everyone this morning:

Hotcup: McD's Apple salad = 5 points with the nuts. Apples=1, Yogurt=1 and the nuts=3. We pay 2.99 for the salad..I can go buy 4 apples for that. LOL But I have bought it instead of fries. A regular cheeseburger I believe is 8 points. I will eat that occasionally.

Lolita: Welcome to the group!! This is a great bunch of people. Just jump right in.

Curlylocks: I have been trying to add variety to my lifestyle change. One of my favorite meals is kabobs on the grill. I do like ff hot dogs now. I try to make one new thing a week. Tuna is good...full of protein. I made a huge tuna salad last week in a lighter way and dh and M loved it.

Amanda: like I suggested earlier..carrots sticks are great as a snacker. I can eat a whole 1 lbs bag in a day. My favorite veggie. LOL IT woudl be hard to have all that food around during the day but you can do it!! I also love mini rice cakes. The carmel ones are the best. I also like the bigger ones...Apple Cinnomen with lf pb on it.

Jennie: good for you on the step. The early 90's cured me of any type of classes. One time I fell flat on my face...so I prefer to work out alone. If you did this at home...kudos to you. I tend to start out great..but I need someplace else to go besides my basement because I find I don't work out as hard. I missed going to the gym last night but I did go swimming. That felt nice..we had a warm day yesterday. Swimming laps is good. I like doing that but I also move around a lot in the pool. Pretty good work out.

Moonray: Glad to hear from you. It is so hard doing this indiviually. I always forget people. LOL Our group has grown and that is a good thing!! Glad you are back!

Deerod: Hi, My name is Dee and I'm a "FOOD-a-HOLIC" ..I Love this statement. LOL We could all write it. Glad you are back and hopefully your new job will work out for what is best for you. I am a big believer in when one window closes...another one opens. I have always managed to come out ahead at work and knowign when it was time to move on. Not only for better $$$ but a better work enviroment. I have been back at my current job for a year now... I like it..lots of free time and no one always over my shoulder. IT works for me now. LOL

Clipclop: Count down and have fun!! Enjoy your time off. You have worked so hard on the brain power now work on the me power. LOL

Petra: I miss you too. Hope you are having a great time camping and listening to that great music.

Sunshine, Angeleyes, momx3, L2L, and Annie..where are you??? Come out, come out where ever you are!!
I always worry that I forgot someone!! Hopefully I didn't. Today I am going to the gym after work. Dave is taking M to gymnastics and staying for parents day. This is the first one I have ever missed. We are busy at home and Dave needs to help me if I am going to help myself. I don't have to watch the clock at the gym tonight. LOL I am going to try to make it home to cook dinner! Everyone have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Blessings,
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #761  

Well I have no weightloss to report but I guess it's a good thing that I didn't gain anything. I guess it's going to be like that till I get used to taking a healthy alternative to eat at school.

I am glad we have some new people joining in hope you find this thread as helpfull as I have

Sunshine- spill your weightloss secrets!!

Hope you are all doing great

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #762  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Exclamation Howdy again

MoonRay... at TOPS, they call maintaining (or not losing), "Turtling." I'm sort of partial to that term . However, I do know the frustration you're feeling. But lately with me, it's been a gain or a loss, no "turtling" for the Turtle.

I got to work to find two HUGE party trays full of donuts, sticky buns, muffins etc with an extra tray of condiments (full fat cream cheese, butter) jellies, etc in my office. I'm so upset about this. But the bad thing is, I'm forced to be near this evil stuff for eight hours with no one to stop me. So far so good. But it's not even half way through. I hope I can find the strength to make it. Bad thing is, even if I make it, they'll probably be here tomorrow too. I keep trying to convince myself that they're all full of rasins (I hate those things) and it's working, but I doubt that will work for long. Gulp

I have Sunday and Monday off, and I requested Tuesdsay, Wednesday AND Thursday, so if I can get through three more days and fight off these evil treats in here, I've got it made and a LOOOOOONG Holiday Week END.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #763  

Hi everyone,
well I had a busy busy day. I had a meeting in the morining, then did 50 minutes on the treadmill. I'm still on step 3 of the couch to 5 k so I only jogged part of the time but I did 3.6 miles. We went to the pool so I did 12 laps, it is a small lap, that was only about 15 minutes worth of laps, then I went and hung out in the shallow end the rest of the time with the kids.
Eating is OK, I've been so active and eating well but I'm not feeling a loss, maybe because its so humid and hot that I feel bloated or something. who knows, well see at WI.
TTYL
Jennie
Old 06-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #764  

Hello Ladies . I'm still pluggin' away. Doing really well with the food and the exercise. I am working out everyday now. Trying to get in at least 45 minutes and sometimes even do 90 minutes. Have I told you how much I want this surgery . Anyways ds is going to Idaho with my parents and one of my nephews to see my sister and her 4 kids so I will be down to 2 for about a week.

Dee - You "Food-A-Holic". Good to see you again.

Hotcup - That is not nice to leave "goodies" laying around your office. Hang in there though you can make it. Just remember they are not your friends.

Moon - Don't worry next week you'll get 'um. You are adjusting well.

Jennie - Great job on the exercise. I am learning to love the sweat.

Rasberry - I'm glad you are not giving up on curves even though you have to go to a different one. I started there on the 22 of April and I love it there.

Curly - Great food choices.

Lolita - Welcome to the group. This is a great bunch of ladies!!!!

Lisa - Keep up all the great work. You are lovin' the exercise now huh?? It's gonna love you right back watch!!!!

Jennie - Good luck on the weigh in . You sound like you are having a rough time. Don't worry it will pass.

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:23 AM   #765  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

hello my lovely ladies.. its about 1am and I thought I'd check in real quick and say hello.. I still havent caught up on all the posts, but I will do my best on them this weekend.. things are good.. I love love love my new job..

but.... I was late to the wagon station and the "wagon" took off before I got on it. .. I started off good today, until dinner time.. and then TOM came to visit, and my sister in law invited us over for dinner.. blah blah blah EXCUSE.. blah blah blah {{Cough}}.. lame excuse.. {{cough}}.. blah blah blah....

I hope everyone is doing well.. and I will write more soon..

WELCOME NEWBIES...

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote