Old 11-30-2005, 07:17 AM   #2191  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

the biggest loser: all i can say is WOW!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:34 AM   #2192  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Both dh and I watched the Biggest Loser last night....awe inspiring!!! Of course Nick was a no show.... but WOW...

Yesterday I enjoyed the day with dh and had a great time for my son's 12th bday. Today however....ITS BACK TO THE GYM!!! I'm filled with more committment than ever to get some more weight off. I do not want to be back sliding now and then come January, be in a worse position!!! WOOHOOOOOO
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:35 AM   #2193  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning Partners - nice and early here and I have a full day of studying ahead of me. The weather has gotten fairly cold and we even had a dusting of that white stuff on Monday night...which is very unusual for us. I personally can't stand the stuff, so hoping that it stays away !

Curly, yes I would agree WOW. They all looked wonderful and I can't believe how teenie tiny some of those girls got !

Dee, I hope you got to watch it or did Dr. Phil win out ??

Petra, how is that new couch working out. Have the boys tried it out yet ?

Zoey, good luck with your sister's wedding.

Angel, great attitude. Like you say what's .5 of a lb anyway, you will get it back !!

Jennie, good to see you. Sounds like you are doing well and loving onederland. Any more kickboxing class lately ?

Valerie, congratulations on the 5 lbs !!!!

L2L, so good to see you. Hope your week is going well and you will be kicking those lbs to the curb in no time !

Well PIC time for me to grab a and hit the books. Take care and TTYS.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:20 AM   #2194  
Staying in 1derland!

what i cant believe is that they did that in 6 months! kinda makes ya wanna crank it up a notch!!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #2195  
Staying in 1derland!

ummm does anyone think we should make a new thread cuz we are up to 147 pages or maybe just wait till jan?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:12 PM   #2196  

Howdy Everyone!!

I know I have been MIA for a while. I have been doing ok. Not really losing anything but not really gaining anything either. Every since I quit smoking I have been struggling. I haven't fallen off the wagon but haven't been pushign the wagon either.

This has been a challenging month. BOth M and Dh had birthdays as well as Thanksgiving. Every since the leader made me mad at WW and told me I probably should start smoking again,I stopped going to the meeting. I have found an exercise buddy and we went to water exercise class last night. We had a blast.

I promise I will check in from time to time but my schedule has been hetic and I have been swamped at work.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:47 PM   #2197  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I cannot believe any WW leader would say something like that!!! OMG!!!

We have a challenge every month on the Protein Power board (the protein power board is having it's own issues right now because the real one got hacked in Sept-who hacks a dieting bulletin board?) Anyway, this month we are all supposed to be following our plan to the letter. For most people, it is avoiding sweets that causes them problems. I've kicked my sugar habit but I need to be more consistent with my carb restriction so I've made a committment to keep my carbs below 40 every day except Christmas for the month of December. Hopefully that will help with my little stall.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #2198  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

LisaWY.... I had forgotten that she had said that to you!!! OMG....I would complain. She has no right in saying that to you or to any member. That sounds like an abuse of her authority position as a leader. Nice to hear from you again. I bet M is getting so excited for Christmas!!! How was her recital/concert? ...the dress turn out nice?

Petra.....I'm with you. I made a re-newed committment today to stay focused on my foods and excercise. I had stayed OP but dropped off some of the healthier foods...(salads with dinner) and was starting to include here and there a few mini choc bars from Halloween. Today I feel 'back in the saddle' so to speak and will make a better effort to write my meals down to spot trouble areas. Good luck to you also!!!

Curly.....How are you doing? I haven't read too much about your excercise lately? Are you back at doing Jillians workouts or are you switching to other workouts? How's that new addition to the "M" cats doing?
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:17 PM   #2199  

Petra: She didn't "exactly" say that..This was her comment.. You were doing so good, if quitting has caused this (I gained 9lbs in 2 weeks and was exercising like crazy) I probably would start again.

I was crushed and did try another meeting but it wasn't the same... So.. I have decided to go it alone with a buddy. I actually met her on another WW board and we live in the same town. So we are going to the Y together and doing water exercise together. We are WI on Saturday mornings.

Angel: M had a wonderful birthday. If you PM me your email address I will send you M's picture in the recital. The dress was beautiful. I am now working on Christmas dresses.

I was thinking back to when I was more successful this spring and summer... Here is some of the differences:

*I used to take M swimming once or twice a week..just because.. it wasn't organized exercise..it was fun movement.
*On Sunday's M and I would ride bikes in the afternoon..sometimes biking to choir practice.(several miles) We did this all summer long. Now that it is too cold..I have to make up that exercise so I might start taking her swimming on Sunday afternoons.
*I would only count my points and not eat my flex points.
*I would only exchange 1/2 my AP's.
*If I didn't make it to the gym or didn't do something with M..I would use my Richard Simmons tapes.
*I mixed up my exercise. I only worked out at the Y, twice a week but sometimes I did the ellipitical, sometimes the dreadmill, and sometimes the weights. Other days I biked, ran the track at the high school, walked in my e neighborhood, swam or played follow the leader with M at the park.
*I went to the meetings to weigh every week. (I have decided not to go back to WW right now... I am going to WI every Saturday morning....I am still stinging over the leaders comments..I might go back when I get closer to goal..just to show off.. LOL.. I am also waiting for a coupon to join again.with free registration... if I decide to earlier)
*I cut out all caffine and limited myself to one cup of coffee a day. With it being cooler out..I am struggling with this. I might start just drinking hot tea instead. I need the hotness more than the caffine.
*I never struggled with water even when I was at home now it is a chore to get it in on the weekends.
*I rewarded myself with a few new clothes and hair cuts. I haven't done anything for myself in 2 months. (that might because dh took my checkbook. LOL)
*I was excited about the program and tried to find new foods and recipes to try.
* I included my family.
*I would read everything and inspiring websites to keep me motivated. http://www.wwfamilyforum.com I found it again..YEA!!!!!!!!
*I would post several times a day here and several times with another group on another site.

I think we all need to look at when we were successful and get back to the basics.

I will almost im turtle to find out where she is. I have seen her online a few times but haven't talked with her lately.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:15 PM   #2200  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Heya PIC's,

So.... Wow TBL was awesome. And yes I got to watch it. At least most of it. The Dr Phil segment DH wanted to watch wasn't really long, and I missed most of the weigh-ins for the $100,000. We did get to see from Pete on... And we were both crying lol. I feel insprired again...

But I've been on some weird rollercoaster. Heh, I've felt inspired 27 times in the last couple weeks. I don't know how to trust myself. 11pm last night, i sat down to 3/4 pint of hagen daaz. Something I haven't done in a few months, and I didn't think I missed. And hating myself the entire time I was eating it. That was after the chips with velveeta salsa dip- while watching the show. I've done well but the last couple weeks have been such a struggle. Last night was the lowest I've felt.
Tonight I'm supposed to go to my first WW. I pray that the people are nice, and the program foods are something DH and I can both agree on. He really is trying to support me, but has to have some foods around that would destroy me on a strictly low carb diet, ie:bread, potatoes, rice and pasta... I dunno, we'll work it out I'm sure. Please just bear with me til I break this funk I'm in

On the up side, today has been good so far lol, i've only been out of bed for 3 hours I'm going to try using FitDay and journaling. Yup, I'm going to try working my program with actual planning. And, get back into exercise, thru the pain. Oh, and I've never given up trying to push the water!

((((Lisa)))) It's so nice to see you again. I hope we see more (....errrr less ) of you in the weeks to come. I'm happy for you that you found a partner to workout with. That's kind of what I'm hoping for in trying the WW group. Your list is really helpful to me too.... thank you for posting it.

To All you other Partners~ Since my post is already so long lol I'll just and wish you all a good day! Good Luck and Much Love.....
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #2201  
Staying in 1derland!

One thing, that doesnt help is the change in seasons.. its really hard to make yourself get out and walk or run when its too dang cold.. tho i can remember when i took this journey before I walked no matter how cold it was outside..

Last night i snuck and and walked without chai but it was in the 50's..

as far as the Jillian program.. when i started, that was when i ended up with bronchitis.. so that went down the pipes.. but I am still happier with my own program.. walking and my circuit/resistance training at ladies workout express..

I guess my program would be called "Protein Beach" its a combination of south beach and some ideas from protein power.. I guess its mainly south beach.. but i have added the protein powder.. and i havent given up my old fashioned oatmeal.. tho i do rotate my breakfast with boiled eggs & the whole wheat waffles...

i got really egged out for a while.. and i figure i am better off having the oatmeal then skipping breakfast all together...and the oatmeal really fills me up... so i am not picking at snacks..

But i also can see where i have slacked a bit myself as far as my exercise, i was doing my workout and walking 3-5 miles per day...

I still think its hard to believe that they (biggest loser) could possibly lose that much weight in 6 months..
Old 11-30-2005, 06:08 PM   #2202  

Hi everyone! I went to curves today and found a SBD book on the loaning shelves! So I brought it home. I find that it's very similar to the zone and think I could probably interchange the recipies.

It's been cold here again today. I find that I really get more hungry when I'm out in the cold? Anyone else have this problem?

Good job everyone! Hang in there!

Dee good luck at WW! I know you're going to find something that works for you!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #2203  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone!!

Wanted to let ya know I have posted my before and after pics in success stories if any one wants to see them!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM   #2204  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Everyone, so good to see people back, not that I'm a constant poster but you know what I mean. I didn't get to see the biggest loser do you think it will get played again? I wanted to tape it but when I moved I got rid of all of my video tapes.
Hi sunshine I'm gonna check out the pics. I took some of my self, not quite before but I guess half way and then I'lltake some again once i"m at goal.

Lisa, good to see you back and posting. I cna't believe the leader said that to you. I would have reported her to some one the WW police or something. Keep going girl you can do it!

Curly, I bought some L-carnatine, doyou still take it? it kind of made me feel like I had a bit to much coffee do that happen to you?

TEB, have funin the white stuff! I like it when it first falls but I hate it when it sticks around for so long.

Petra, Iwonnmon, val, and anyone I'm missing, have a good evening I'll drop back in soon. Its hard since i can't surf the net at work ;(
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #2205  
Staying in 1derland!

i was taking it but ran out @ week ago,, no i dont get the jitters from it.. petra takes it also, but shes never said she had any probs with it..