Old 09-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #1531  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Tammy!! Great to have u join in with us!!! You know what u have to do....... just take your own healthy snacks!!!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #1532  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!!

So nice to see some new faces here. Welcome to Tammy and and not so new, sunshine and moonray!!! Post anytime you guys, whenever and whatever!!!

How is everyone's weekend so far? My big weighin is tommorow.....but the good news today, is that I'm wearing (and there loose) a pair of pants I haven't worn in about 2 years!!! TA DA!!! I thought, hmmm, I wonder and THEY DID!!! When I first saw these in the store, I had my doubts as they are the low rider hipster pants and the zipper is so teny tiny, ...not even 4 " long!! And when you have a tummy bulge, well...you know. But they are very slimming and did I mention?...THEY FIT!!! I'm wearing them all day today to remind myself how far I've come in the short time I've been doing all this hard work and also to remind myself that I need to stay OP. Last night dh and I went to a neighbours bday party and although I budgeted my points , I wanted to have a piece of cake. mmmm, it was so good, but today I know its the straight and narrow. One piece of cake in the past has often led my to ditch a whole day of healthy eating.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #1533  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Well.... Haven't we been a bunch of chatty Cathy's.

I thought I didn't have any weight loss to report this week but I did lose 1 lb. I think that gives me 6 for the challenge. I should be right about on schedule.

Nice to see some old faces reappear. Of course, you are welcome back Moon. The more, the merrier.

Curly, that electric bill is out of control. I don't think mine has ever been over $200 and I live in a 4 bedroom, 2 story house! That sounds like highway robbery!

Angel-congrats on the smaller pants. I love shopping in my closet. I wore an outfit I'd never gotten to wear before on Friday. I bought it on sale at the end of season when I was about this weight before and then gained before I ever had a chance to wear it. It sat in my closet for about 2 years. I still have one or two more in there I've never worn. I think they will be making an appearance soon.

Tammy-welcome. Your workplace sounds a lot like mine. I call all that stuff carbage! Like Curly says, I just take my own stuff.

I've been pretty much glued to hurricane coverage. Since I plan to live in Louisiana someday (my plan is about 5 years) I take this personally. Hopefully there won't be anymore serious storms this year. They need some time to recover. I'm grateful so many people evacuated this time.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #1534  
Staying in 1derland!

way to go Petra!!!!!! you are working right on down !!!

Oh and Petra.. the Maryland State Motto:" If you can dream it ...we can tax it"

I would say at least 40% of the electric bill is taxes & environmental fees.... oh and in maryland they even charge you a 25$ fee to pay the electric bills of those who dont pay their bill..??????

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-25-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:03 PM   #1535  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

hiya ladies!!

Hope everyone is off to a great day! I'm thinking i'm on the later end of the posting scale since i don't usually get on line until 7 or 8pm on my workdays so most of you don't see this until tomorrow.

Today was another nice day for me. I even got in almost 2 quarts of water. I know I need more, and i will continue to work on it. Work was a pretty physical day. I got home and by the time dinner was ready, eaten, and cleaned up it was dark out and I was tired..... gotta get busy and find that video to work out with.
My sister called me today and I told her what I'm doing. She told me she's been doing WW now for a couple months. She's doing great. Has had significant loss and was really helpful with tips she's picked up too.... she's shooting for a 45 lb loss. We're going to talk more often lol. I told her she should visit here too

Tammy: Welcome to you from a fairly new chickie here too! These are some wonderful, caring ladies! Good luck to you.

To everyone else - thanks again, and keep up the good works!

I'm beat... Yeaaaa tomorrow is my Friday! I'm hoping to talk my hubby into going to the city this weekend so I can get a workout video and scale!!!!!! (and maybe look at new cars too ) Oh yeah, I have my dr appt to WI this weekend too... :

Last edited by iwmonn; 09-25-2005 at 11:05 PM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:46 AM   #1536  

Smile Thanks ladies...

Hello again...okay I just set up my exercize equiptment.."core secrets"..I so hope it will help me be a bit more active and what not...Yes right now I'm more focused on being a good mommy!!..So far so good!! ...I'm getting out more taking baby to the mall and what not just to walk around for a bit..Though I'm still working on my eating habits!! ...I always tend to tell myself "ok..I'll change what I eat the begging of next week..or tomorrow.."..and it seems like right now I'm not as mentally motivated as I should be...but I know I can do it!!!...Thank you all for such the warm welcomes..you all seem like such lovely people!!..I am yet to "really" get to know each and everyone of you folks!!...I'm so looking forward to it!!..I still haven't weighed myself since the last check @ 215Lbs..which was around 3 weeks ago..I don't own a scale yet..but I think it actually might be some help in motivating me!! ...(I'll look into buying one..lol)..Hopefully the next time I check in I will have made some progress in my weight!!...Well its time for my lare night shower..(while hubby has the baby..lol)...

<3 Jackie
jackie56808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #1537  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

ahhh!!!! Ok, I wrote this long reply then some how trying to attach a picture, closed the window. what a pain in the !
any way, I will kind of recap, but its so hard to rewrite things....
this week end was pretty busy. I ran my first 5 K! its called the Great Race, and it was so much fun. It is supposedly, the largest local race in the country. you can either do 10k or 5k I opted for the 5. the course goes through the city and down this large boulevard in to down town, and ends up in point state part which is where our three rivers come together into a point and there is a fountain there. it was lots of fun and got me very motivated. I ran int in 36 minutes and I'm sure if I had been workign out this past month like I had all summer, I could have been much fast. so I decided to just do it, no more excuses, I'm going to work out. But when will I find time? I was talking to my son's former preschool teacher (who had also been my teacher) and she noticed i had lost some weight. She has had the bypass surgery and is still struggling. Her daughter, has been losing with out the surgery and she said as busy as she is, she gets up every moringin at 6 and does her work out. So that is what I am going to do. It is so worth it to me to get up early and get it in. If i have no other time in the day that is when I am going to do it. This week, I am going to push my self and see how it works out. I got up today and went for a jog in the rain, I think it was about 2 miles. So I can do it, I just have to push my self.
I am also going to geat back on the journaling wagon. I've sliped off of that one and I know I havn't been eating right.
I've got to get back to work but hello to all the new folks, and the returning ones.
I'll talk to you all later.
Jennie
ps, this is a pic of my friend from WW, my meeting leaders, and my self at the end of the race. The WW leader wanted us to wear ribbons that said WW but we were like um no thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wwgalssm.jpg (20.4 KB, 28 views)
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:01 AM   #1538  
Staying in 1derland!

jENNIE: DID you ease into the jogging or just start jogging? what i mean is at first did u walk a little and jog a little? and at what weight did u start jogging?

I ve been tryin to add spurts of jogging into my walks.. but i am wondering if i should wait till i get to a lower weight or JUST DO IT! lol thanks!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #1539  
soon to be goddess

Good morning ladies!!!

How is everyone today? Not sure of my weigh in today as everytime I stepped on the scale, the weight was a different number. Actually it could be time for a new one as the pounds varied for up to 5lbs.....bah, those digitals!!! I'll try again later, or?...I suppose I could just take the lightest one right? LOL

Well, we did it!!! Finally made our vacation plans. Dh got approval (finally) for next week and we web surfed and came up with a great getaway to Colorado Hot Springs. oooohhh aaaahhhhh, I can feel those bubbly hot springs taking away alll those aches and pains!!! LOL Its been awhile since we've actually 'got to go away' rather than do day trips and odd jobs around the house taken care of. We plan to do alot of hiking and sight seeing as we've never been out that way before. I'm thinking alot of AP'S used up. I didn't realize that both pets need their annual vaccinations, so I'm scrambling to get all of those done before we leave on Oct 1st! Speaking of Oct 1st....this will be a great way to celebrate our wedding anniversary, 17 years!!! who knew? haha...actually I can't believe its gone by so fast. Hope everyone has a great day....I've got to run to the vets office. tc
Old 09-26-2005, 06:08 PM   #1540  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals,
Curly, I did a program called couch to 5 K, its starts off with really small amounts of jogging, and mostly walking and they give you work outs for I think 8 weeks totaly and each week you build up your jogging time. The idea is that people try to jog right away and have a hard time and give up so you do it very slowly. I was worried about my weight but just decided to do it and lose weight doing it. I will look for the link and send it to you if I can find it.

Angel, that sounds like a nice vaca, have fun.

OK, off to cook dinner,
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #1541  
Staying in 1derland!

thanks ! for the info I think i have that link... thats where i got the idea about adding the jogging in to my walk!

sounds like a really good program!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:33 PM   #1542  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

HiHo Girls,

Hope everyone had a wonderful day today! Mine was good again. It's kind of funny how my mood has been affected by my decision to change my lifestyle. I seem to be less stressed and happier. One of my friends even mentioned it to me the other day.

Way to go Jeannie! 5K in 36 min is awesome. Heck, 5K is awesome no matter how long. woooHOOOO. great pic btw. 3 ladies looking very proud.

Jackie~ You just concentrate on learning mommie-ing. That's a huge job in itself. Soon enough your mental motivation will happen. Then the sky's the limit! Heh, I haven't weighed in almost 3 weeks either. I don't won a scale altho i'm looking for one tomorrow. I think it's kind of been good too. If I had weighed myself, and lost a good amount I may have been more tempted to tell myself it's ok to indulge once (twice, three times.... yikes). lol.. I weigh in on Wed afternoon.

Curley~ if you decide to add the jogging, keep us posted. If you find it too difficult at first, have you thought of adding speed walking?

Angel-Eyes~ My sister told me her dr told her to paint feet on her scale. That if your stance is different on the scale each time, the weight can differ significantly. YOur vacation sounds heavenly!!! My reward to myself (when i reach 1/2way to goal) will be a complete spa day. Told hubby last night lol... and he actually said ok!!!

Last edited by iwmonn; 09-26-2005 at 10:36 PM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:42 AM   #1543  

Howdy All,
I am at 36 hours smoke free. Yesterday was a very tense day for me. LOL I tried to keep my snacking under control and ate a lot of 1 point snacks. I did go to the Y and exercise yesterday afternoon and feeling pretty good right now.

Angel: Where in Colorado are you going? My favorite Hot Springs is in Thermopolis, WY. I would love to go there during the winter and have a romantic getaway. LOL Dh and I have been to Steamboat Springs..um..the hot springs there afterdark were clothing optional. LOL We went during the day. LOL We are going to the Colorado mountains this weekend to visit Dave's son and see the fall leaves change. Should be a lot of fun. How far do you live from Colorado? I am only 12 miles from the Colorado border.

Iwmonn: I have always said, your lifestyle change is more mental than physical. When I am OP I am a lot more happier and content.

Jennie: That is wonderful on the 5k. We only have 5k's during the summer months. I am hoping next year I can do it. I thought about trying to jog on the threadmill yesterday at the Y. I might try next time..just couldn't get up my nerve yet.

Jackie: DO NOT BUY A SCALE!! I will be the first to admit..I am scale addicted. I will weigh myself about 20 times a day. My weight flucuates about 10lbs during the day. Not only will I weigh myself at home, I have a scale at work. The only weight I officially change is my official WI on Saturday at WW. IT really can drive you crazy.

Curly: What I was doing early this summer at the high school track was walking the curves and jogging the straights. My shins did not like jogging on really hard surfaces but did ok on the track(it has some kind of rubbery material on it) . I am hoping they don't bother me on the threadmill. I think you can start jogging at any weight... if you have a problem with bouncing girls.. wear 2 bras...that really helped me. I wear an underwire and a sports bra over it.

Petra: Congrats on the 1lb. YOu are getting there!!! I have been watching a lot of the coverage too. So very sad.

TEB: Take it easy with your schedule. Make sure you get in a little ME time. Even if it is only 5 minutes a day in the shower screaming. We all need that. Keep us updated.

Tammy: I am not sure I welcomed you. I take all my own food to work. Lots of fruits and veggies. Water is really good for you.

Ok..everyone I need to run and get M up for school. I would love to go to the gym today but that is not happening. Tonight M has dance class. Maybe her and I can ride bikes tonight. I will check back in later.
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #1544  
soon to be goddess

Good Morning everyone!!

Way to go all you losers!!! Just for charting purposes.....I maintained. I weighed myself again this morning, (just once...lol) and it was the same as last week, 222. So thats a good thing as I was a little snacky yesterday and had a few more carbs than I normally have.

Lisa......We are going to a resort in Glenwood Springs called Hot Springs Pool. I believe its about 3 hours outside of Denver. It says (and I believe everything that I read....) that it has the world's largest hot springs pool with over 1 million gallons. But then every small town has their world's famous coffee right? The drive itself from MO is about 14 hours. So not so bad. We are soooo excited!!!

Gotta run to kickboxing.....I'll be back later on to write more and give personals a respond. tc
Old 09-27-2005, 10:58 AM   #1545  
Staying in 1derland!

Where.........is.............da'................. Turtle.............???????????????