Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 AM   #136  

you will do great laterlas, just be very confident. Have fun and relax. I know it can be very nerve racking, but at the same times so exciting. Be YOURSELF.

ok ladies well i am heading home for the day, not feeling very well, i think it may be the weather, talk to you all soon.

JEssica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #137  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

thanks jess it is very nerve wracking but i think it will turn out okay.
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #138  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hello Vixens!

Kim—Great job on the 2 pounds! Woohoo! You go girl! Keep it up!

GoddessKim—Hope your trip is fun. Happy packing!

Jessica—It doesn’t sound like you did too bad, considering how hungry you sounded! That is when we seem to stray the most, when we allow ourselves to feel too hungry. Plus, you sound like you are jumping right back and focused today…that is good! I brought a bag of single serving low-fat popcorn to work for my afternoon snack to help keep me from being too hungry and waiting so long between meals. The single serving size is the perfect size and help me to not be too hungry come dinner time.

Laterals—I think Jessica said it best “be yourself”. Just go into like you are making a new friend and have fun! Let us know how it goes!

Hey Deanne, Diane and Lynn! How are you guys doing today?

Yesterday I watched Oprah (that I had taped from a few days ago). It was a good episode talking about health and the affects of foods on our bodies, and what happens when we eat bad foods. This doctor was on there talking about all kinds of things, from what vitamins we need to what foods help prevent cancer. He has a book out (of coarse) called “You: The Owners Manual”. (I attached a photo of the book from Amazon). I think I am going to look for it a local book store--I can't wait to get something when I want it! I think it will have a lot of good information—if it is anything like the show. So maybe that is some news you can use if you are interested!

I am going to put in my notice for the new job tomorrow. I am so nervous and my brain is thinking about everything over and over again. I could hardly sleep last night—its so nerve wrecking to get a new job. Man, this is going to be one heck of a month! The good news, my appetite is way down because I am just too anxious to eat! I think I lost 5 pounds just cutting back and drinking lots of water.

Hope you are all having a happy and healthy day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg you.jpg (9.0 KB, 20 views)
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #139  
One day at a time!

Slow news day? Where is everyone?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:52 AM   #140  
Movin' right along...

Hey chicks...sorry Ive been MIA. My cat was let out 2 days ago and hasnt been home since. After that, I told my husband...I want mcdonalds, take me now. So, we ate Mcdonalds. Completely fell off the wagon. Im not even mad about it. It was what I wanted and needed at the time. I just dont care. Im skipping weigh in this week and continuing on my diet this week.
Ive just been depressed and yuckie. Lucy was in heat so IF she does come back, shes going to be preggo. YEA! NOT.
Anyway, I just got finished reading through all the posts...to whoever asked, my husbands bday is August 19th. Oh and KIM congrats on your loss!!! Im so happy for you. Its great when you think that you didnt lose weight and to find out you did.

Ok, Ill post later. I love yall.

Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #141  
One day at a time!

Good morning girls...

I am so nervous...I am about to put in my resignation and it has my stomach in knots. I know it is what I want and need to do. But its just a big thing to do--as I do have some good friends here. I think I am more sad about leaving them then anything else. So I need to take a deep breath and just give them my letter. Because on the other side of the coin, a new and exciting job awaits me! Okay deep breath....breathe in, breathe out. I can do it.

Hey Deanne! I had the same exact thing happen with my cat recently. She was in heat and stayed out for 3 days. I was worried. I need to get her fixed. She is probably prego now. I am sure your cat is out playing. Is there a lot of cats around there? In Italy most of the cats are alley cats--not too many people have them as house pets--at least where I lived. Hang in there...I am sure your kitty will be home soon. By the way, how is McD's there? In Italy the McD's tastes more like a fancy restaurant burger. I got one in the Rome Airport McD's when we passed through on our travels over the holidays. It was good. The fries were different--but not bad. Well, now that you have had your fix--just jump back on the wagon. You can do it!

Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #142  

Hey Vixens, well i am in a really good mood today, one of my freinds told me i look really good. so that made my day, but still kind of sad cause joe will be gone for 8 days, he will be working, so i will be all alone , kind of sucks but i guess gives me ME TIME. Well i am probably going to go home early today, just to spend time with him before he leaves tonight. Talkt o you all later.

Jessica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #143  
Curvy Vixen

hi vixens,
Sorry I haven't been around the last few days. I got a call on wed, that my husband collapsed was going to the regional medical center of orangeburg in NC. His back went out on him fishing tournament. I debated on weather to fly there or not. He told me not to, he was on a morphine drip. He is on his way his home driving with my brother in law. I have not been eating well. I've been on the phone back and forth with the hospital, sitting here pacing.
post latah
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #144  
Movin' right along...

Lynn....I hope everything is going ok. Dont worry about your eating right now. You can always jump back on the wagon when YOU are ready. We're here for you.

Still no return on our cat. I dont think shes coming back. We have left the door open for 3 days straight. I miss her. There are so many stray cats here...SO MANY. I just dont know if she could protect herself. The cats inbreds and are huge and mean.

Anyway, I havent eaten all day. Not hungry at all. Theres always tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?

Love,
Deanne
Old 05-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #145  
Movin' right along...

where is everyone?

Y'all..I did something sort of funny earlier. So, my cat didnt come home yet. I was upset and went to the store and got a HUGE bag of chips. I came home, ate about 10 of them and then got mad at myself. I poured soap all over them and threw them in the trash...hehe. Hey it kept me away from them. I guess whatever works, right?

Ok, bed time for me.

love yall,
Deanne
Old 05-07-2005, 11:04 PM   #146  
One day at a time!

Hi everyone...

Lynn--hope your husband is okay. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Deanne--I know how you feel worrying about animals. That is funny about the bag of chips and the soap. I guess it did the trick.

I went shopping today to buy some new clothes for my new job. I have anxiety after I go shopping and spend more money then I think maybe I should. Although I found a great sale--but I am the type of person who has to think long and hard when I am in the store about the perfect shirt, pants, shoes--heck I even have a hard time choosing hair color! But I want to feel good about how I look at my new job--and since my last job was pretty casual I needed some new duds. This job seems to be a little more dressy--not super dressy, but I guess what you would call "business casual". So I found some new shirts, a couple pairs of pants, skirt, one pair of shoes, a purse and a watch. Obviously I didn't need all that (like the watch and purse)--but it was a SALE! Ha ha.

Well, I gotta run--we (me and hubby) are headed out now. Hope you are all hanging in there!

Last edited by krngallo; 05-07-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:08 AM   #147  
I can and I will do it!

Wink

Just wanted to wish everyone a great day.

Lynn hope hb is doing ok.

Karen you sound just like me when I go shopping. It sure does feel good to get some new duds, doesn't it? Good luck on your new job girlfriend.

Deanne love the chip story, you are a hoot.

Well I am out of here, got to get up and get busy. I am going to DD in Ft. Worth today if the weather holds. We are under severe weather alert so I will have to wait and see, I don't drive in bad weather.

I will check back in later.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #148  
One day at a time!

Default Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's!

My husband is going to cook a yummy Italian meal for me and my Mom. And I can't wait to give my Mom her present. I found her a tanzanite necklace with emerald accents. I have attached a photo. I found it on QVC.com, as I specifically wanted to find her something with tanzanite. She likes that stone--and she had bought a simulated version for a ring for herself a while back (something she rarely does is buy much for herself). I thought--I will get her the real thing, after all she is worth it! She has done so much for me over the years and is always here for me with unconditional love and support. So here is to having a great Mom!

One more thing...I got my grade for my the class I just finished--I got a perfect A+. I am pretty happy about that. My mother (speaking of my Mom again) always gives me a new piece of jewelry after EVERY class. Nothing super expensive (cuz Lord knows she is on a budget as a single, working woman). But she finds me the cutest costume jewelry--and I love it. She is so incredibley thoughtful. Anyway...this post seems like a tribute to my Mom. And I guess it is in a way. Yeah Moms!

Hope you are all having a great day!

PS...I attached one of my favorite photos of me and my Mom having a great time together dancing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg necklace.JPG (5.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg MeMom.jpg (41.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by krngallo; 05-08-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 AM   #149  
Movin' right along...

Hey chickas! Sorry I didnt post yesterday. The hubby was online part of the day applying for some jobs. So, later yesterday we went out and shopped and ate lunch.

Still havent found the cat. We have over 30 kids living in out compound. They have played with Lucy since she was a baby. The main little girl that plays with her had all the others looking for her. It was adorable. Kids ranging from 2 to 10 were out looking. Nada(the main little girl) told her mom that she saw her yesterday. So, we left food out and it was gone this morning. We'll see. Im not getting my hopes up. We did put posters up for her at the grocery store.

We're just trying to relax. Im not obsessing about my eating while Nic is on vacation. Its just too stressful. As soon as hes back to work, Im totally back on the wagon. I havent been eating awful though...just not as well as i should.

Ok, Ill post later. I miss talking to yall all the time!!

Love,
D
Old 05-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #150  
I can and I will do it!

Good to hear from you Deanne. I know exactly what you are talking about with hubby being home. My hb is home everyday he is retired and it drives me nuts sometime, we all need our space sometime. I am going to join you in WW. I have decided to quit Curve's and start WW. My problem isn't exercise it is my eating!! I no longer see any results at all from Curve's been going for 2 yrs. and I believe my body is used to it, so I plan on continuing my walking program and working out with 5 lb. weights and go to WW. If this doesn't work I am a lost cause. I may be depending on you for advice through this new venture, I plan on attending meetings starting tomorrow night. I hope you find your cat, I know how heartbreaking it is to lose an animal.

Karen you are so lucky to have a Mom, I wish I still had mine. Such a good picture of you both.

Not sure what my day is going to consist of except cleaning , I didn't hardly touch it this weekend. If I were smart I would do it on the weekend without Bradley here, but no I am too lazy and think I need to rest.

Have a great Monday chickies....Diane
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote