Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #126

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #2  
PamPSM644

Ye gads! As of this morning I haven't a tooth in my head. I'm so glad it's all over with. I think I'd rather give birth again then hear teeth crunching lose in my jaws. Going back Thursday for molds .I am not a happy camper. Thoses dentures better be worth it. GRRRRRR.

PAM
Old 04-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

gawd Pam you are a brave brave woman! They would have to knock me out,,,of course catch me first to knock me out.
Well my mom had all her teeth taken when she was in her late 30s, and she doesn't regret it from what she says,,,of course she had trial and error with getting the right fit of the dentures....

hello to everyone else...
not much to say,,,working lots and finishing up props.

oh yes Jane had to tell you your side by side pictures really are remarkable,,,the difference,,,you have got to be proud of yourself! I am!

well off to bed,,,
toodles
Old 04-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Pam~ You are a brave brave women. Good luck with the dentures.

Jane~ I second what Angie said, your side by side pictures are remarkable! I am very proud of you!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #5  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Happy Hump Day!

Well I have to say sorry i havent been posting more.. This aweful weather has put me in a mini depression i think. Being stuck in this house probably doesnt help. I was supposed to go to town with my brother today to visit, and pick up a vacuum.. but DH didnt take the car seat out of the car before he left for work. So i am not going anywhere. Aww well. It is raining anyway, so nowi dont have to take the baby out in the rain. I am trying to remember for the last chit chat but i have a bad memory so i will try here goes:

Mindee: I hope you got some pics of the party. I have missed quite a few occasions by forgetting to bring my camera.

Angie: Hello! are you finding all your bady parts yet?

Jane: Yes i was amazed at your pics! Such a good-looking woman too! I agree though,, you stopped at the perfect size! You still look healthy!

Pam: Oh my... you poor thing! I got my wisdom teeth pulled a while ago..and that crunching noise is the worst sound in the world. feels like they are vracking your jaw. (the freezing didnt take in one side though.. that hurt a little lol). well i hope you will be happy with the dentures... My teeth are horrible, i imagine i will have to do the same thing soon!

Marti: Hello, I can't remember what you said, but hello hope you are having a good week!

Cristi: Hello! How is the weather your way.. cant be much worse then here!!

Hello to Anita, Katy, Katie, and anyone i might have missed! I am off to finish my morning coffee! Have a great day!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:01 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Thank you so much to those who commented about my "Before and Now" pictures.

Pam - aww, you poor thing! It will all be worth it once you get the new teeth in, though. In the meantime, stock up on jello and mashed potatoes, lol.

Angie - I'm mailing out the book Ain't She Sweet today, and I sure hope you like it as much as I did! The heroine did some devious things to her classmates and others, which you would never do, but her spunky attitude is SO you! Btw, good luck with the props.

Terri - hope you're feeling more cheery today! Enjoy your coffee.

To my friend from church, DB - if you're reading this, pop in here and say hi, ok?

Well, I feel great today! Got a few errands to get done. Gonna mail that book to Angie, stop by Walmart and get some pictures made. Also need to stop by Maggie's and check on Jerry. Sheer will-to-live must be what's keeping him hanging on, God love him! Need to get some ironing done, too, so I can stop doing it piece by piece as I need it, lol.

What's on your agenda today?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:28 AM   #7  
PamPSM644

Hello, Hiding out. Have terrible speach impediment sence there are no teeth for tongue to press against. Still drulling blood but not to much. They perscribed Tylonal with codine but I tell you ,the Ibuprofen in a larger doze works better and doesn't make you sick. I'm surprised I haven't had more pain. Swelling yes.
How long has it been sence we heard from Ellen? Is she incontact with anyone? Does anyone know how to reach her? I keep sending her emails hoping she'll respond and be alright. Don't want her to think she's forgotten. (Just like you did for me Cristi.)

PAM
Old 04-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

A VERY good Wednesday morning ladies!

Well, I am a happy camper! Picked up my ring(s) and boy was I glad. I had been worried they were going to mess them up big time, even had a dream that I picked them up and it was messed up. V bought me a diamond anniversary band for my BD and 6th anniversary (told him should have bought it for the 7th since it has 7 small diamonds-but...it has been 7 years since we first met in person, 7 1/2 since we met tho) that is coming up and I had them soldered to my wedding ring(s)-it's actually a diamond and emerald wrap with a marquise solitare that are soldered and then the anniversary band at the bottom of those. It's three different rings but soldered together makes it one. Anyway, I am so relieved...wasn't supposed to get it till then but we weren't sure how long it would take for them to size it and then solder so took it in early and he put it on my finger yesterday. Can't believe it is coming up on the 6th already. Of course some days it seems like it has been longer, LOL.

So today of course did the wally world thing. Was up at the crack of dawn for some reason. so went ahead and got that out of the way. Ran to the PO to mail some BD cards I almost forgot and made a stop at Hallmark to replenish my stock of BD cards-had a certificate and they always burn a hole in my pocket! Now just need to run to the dairy and get some milk and Walgreens to pick up my pics and I am done for the day. Well, will take V dinner this evening since he is working late.

Terri~the weather here is GORGEOUS! Supposed to be 72 after being about 63 yesterday. It was nice but kind of chilly with the wind blowing. Tomorrow and Friday it is supposed to rain so I am going to get outdoors for sure today.

Pam~I haven't heard anything from Ellen and I too have sent her e-cards and snail mail. I really am worried about her. Well, just think, in a little while you will have perfect, white teeth! I am afraid I will have to get dentures in the not so distant future. I do take care of my teeth but have had gum disease for years. My mother had all her teeth pulled in her late 20's, I think at the ripe old age of 29. So I feel fortunate to still have most of mine for now anyway.

Mindee~I forgot to go and check out the pics yesterday, oopsie! I will do that as soon a s I post. Curious to see the pic cake-I've seen them before but never had one done. Nor have I had an ice cream cake.

Angie~my mother too had her teeth pulled at a young age. They said it was from having so many (6) kids at such a young age. I had dreams for many years that I too would have to have dentures at that young an age for some reason it scared me to death! Now the dreams have stopped and I figure if I have to have them one day so be it. Hey, maybe that will be the way to lose this weight!

Hi to everyone else

Need to go get a couple of loads of laundry done. Think we are about ready to get a new washer and dryer. Put it off long enough and told V yesterday that now the dryer is squeaking...don't think that is a good sign. What happened to the days where they lasted at least 10 years?! Kind of liking the orange ones at Sears. Speaking of laundry, just remembered I need detergent so may run to Super Target and get Era since it is supposed to rain tomorrow & Friday. Don't care to get ou tin the rain unless I have too, people drive too stupid when it rains. Wal-mart doesn't have the big bottles so I get it either at Target or Sams when we go. Anywhoooo................

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-27-2005 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Because I am a stickler about spelling & something bothered me! DOH :doh:
Old 04-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Okay Mindee, saw the pics! Silly me didn't scroll down the page to see that there was a part 2 pics. Love the cake(s). The individual one is so cute! And I can't believe how big Brandon has gotten. Can really see that in the one of him on the rocking winnie the pooh-so cute!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #10  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Well, today I had a really nice surprise. The boss took all the girls out to lunch today for Administrative Professional's day (Secretary Day) Although, I am not the Admin girl in the office anymore, I still do some admin stuff along with the other girls. So it was a nice treat. We went for Italian--(something I rarely eat) but I had a wonderful lunch of Salmon with Fettucine and a Salad with Vinegarette. Not exactly low cal, but I so rarely go out to eat anywhere I figured it was worth the splurge. And it was YUMMY!
Definitely have to get on the ski machine tonight though. I missed this morning's workout, DH broke a tiny blood vessel on his nose last night and woke up in a puddle of blood. So I was up washing sheets at 5:00 a.m..

Anyhow, I hopped on the scale this am too, and was right in my guestimation that there was no weight loss this month. Possibly about 1 pound but the scale will not show it this week due to the imending arrival of the monthly visitor KWIM?

I did workout yesterday as mentioned before. I did 200 crunches on the stability ball and today my abs are killing me. It's a good hurt though.

PAM My you are a brave soul. My dad is actually a dental technician and makes dentures for a living. Hopefully it won't take too long until you are able to eat again.

CRISTI Your rings sound absolutely beautiful. I still cannot get my wedding ring and engagement band on my finger since Joycelyn was born. I am only able to wear my promise ring. I miss my rings and will be glad when I lose more weight so I can wear them.

TERRI I hope you are feeling a little better. I know how it feels being a slave to the house. Especially in the winter, everything seems drearier. I say winter because lets face facts, spring doesn't really arrive in Canada until May 24th weekend. Do you have a cover for the stroller? Maybe you can try to get out between rains.

Anyway all I must go!!

Toodles!

Neets
Old 04-27-2005, 02:54 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Smile

Back again

Just editing my first post today because something was bugging me, that and I forgot to log out as I sometimes do-which really is no big deal I guess.

Went to Target-boy that was a fast trip. What I love about the Super Target is there is hardly ever anyone shopping there during the day. I have passed by there on a weekend and have seen the parking lot full. But all the times I have gone they usually have two cashiers working and that is more than enough. I don't buy all my groceries there because they just don't have the selection and someof the brands that I buy that they have a t Wal-Mart. Just went ahead and bought milk there to save another stop. Too much running around today. But I have enjoyed it since the weather is nice. Even had the sunroof open. Never really cared for them but I am lovin' it!

Now to get that laundry done. Actually, I am getting it done. Waiting for the jeans to dry before putting the whites in the dryer. Funny, the squeaking noise stopped. Maybe it knows we were discussing replacing it! Okay, in a goofy mood today for some reason.

Gotta go and watch the last movie rented. Watched Taxi yesterday-thought it was funny! Of course I love both Queen Latifah and Jimmy Falon. I know it didn't get goo reviews at the box office but I liked it.

Meant to mention a new lotion fragrance. If any of you buy lotion at Bath & Body Works they have a new 2005 scent called Violet Bouquet and boy is it divine! I definitely reccomend it. Also, stuck with my usual Cucumber & Melon scent. These lotions are the best. I don't use them all over my body as the scent would clash with my perfume. Use Jergins all over but the stuff from Bath & Body is great on my hands and feet! Makes me feel pampered.

Okay, so I'm going. See ya ladies Have a good one!

P.S. Had to say Hi to Anita-we were posting at the same time. I am loving my rings. Of course won't it be fun for someone when and if I lose the weight and have to have it resized?! They did do a good job but I am such a worry wart about everything. Well, actually, I have eased up some on the kids. I try to stay pretty busy to keep my mind off of things I have no control over-sometimes it works, sometimes not. Love Italian food (DH and I had Olive Garden last night for dinner-don't know if they have those in Canada) and that was very kind of your boss. Glad you enjoyed your lunch! Guess I better get going. Have a nice day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-27-2005 at 03:01 PM. Reason: To say Hi to Anita
Old 04-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

I checked out chat and no one there!

I woke up feeling miserable today. I had a hard time getting to sleep too....the last time I looked at the clock wondering if sleep will take me it was 8:15!! finally just decided to get up at noon.

I will post more when I'm feeling better. Right now I'm going to make some tea.

Take Care
Old 04-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Smile

And I'm back again!

Had a few minutes and thought I would see if anyone had posted. V is still at work so just hangin' out till he comes home. Did take him dinner at 7 p.m. Was nice to spend some time with him-don't do that often enough.

Marti~hope you got some much needed sleep and are feeling better. I hate when that happens. I do like you-if sleep doesn't come I just get up. No point in me tossing and turning trying to go back to sleep and it not happen'. Anyway, hope you are feeling better and not coming down with anything.

Guess I'll go read some and maybe see if something is on the telly. Never seems to be anything on Tuesday or Wednesday.

See ya ladies tomorrow sometime. Nighty, night...
Old 04-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good evening, ladies,

Cristi - your rings sound very nice! We ladies do love our jewelry, don't we?

Anita - mmm, Italian food sounds so good! It was nice of your boss to take you ladies out. Hope your dh's nose is ok now. Btw, thanks again for the heartfelt PM! It truly made my day.

Marti - any special reason you're having trouble sleeping? Hope you aren't getting sick and that you're all rested by the time you read this.

Pam - how long will you have to go until you get your dentures?

Angie - yikes! I had trouble getting the book mailed today. First of all, I had to re-address it, since I hadn't used all caps! I said that I've sent many cards to my Canadian buddies, and none of them ever came back due to small letters. She said it was a fairly new rule. So she gave me a small piece of paper to use to re-do your addy. Then, since it was a package, I had to do a customs declaration! Sheesh, all for a paperback, lol. But it was worth it if you enjoy the book, toots.

A big hello to all the others!

Today I bought some things for Katie's graduation party. Balloons, table coverings, napkins, pop, etc. Also got an autograph (stuffed) weiner dog for all her friends to sign. Cute! Tomorrow I'm taking Macy with me to do my grocery shopping and want to get the house tidied before I leave. Not sure when I'll be able to pop in here. So..... have a great Thursday, ok?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:03 AM   #15  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning
Well, today the health nurse is coming to visit in the morning. They have been coming to visit since i had the baby. It is a program here they have called healthy babies healthy children. They send visitors as often as you need them, they come and help with the kids and any problems you are having. Like new moms can have a nap, or a shower ect. while they watch the baby. But mine usually just helps me clean since that is the area i have the hardest time with. Then the health nurse checks in once in a while to see how mom is. Then this afternoon i will be going to town with my brother. I am going to visit my aunt who is visiting from Thunder Bay and will be leaving on Monday. Should be fun to get out of the house. Will make the day pass faster. Dh is off next week, so i am sure we will be busy getting our firewood for next year. Because anyone who know Northern Ontario.. You have to do these thins before the blackflies and mosquitos come because they will drive you nuts in the bush! Even though the weather has been horrid, me and the kids and my brother have been going outside after supper in between rain showers and we play catch and stuff. So i guess i am still getting a little exercise!

Jane: I bet you are having a busy day! Hope you get everything done that you wanted to !

Marti: Wow not sleeping really takes its toll on the body! I feel for you. I have trouble getting to sleep before midnight. I try to lay down at 10, but it never works.

Cristi: Wow you had a busy day shopping yesterday. I Love spending money makes me feel better. That is probably a bad thing. But I LOVE Walmart! It is my favorite store ever!

Anita: I dont have a cover for the stroller. Maybe will get a bug net before summer! I am thinking about buying an enclosed trampoline for the kids at Canadian Tire. They are going on sale on Saturday. Then maybe mom could do her exercises on there

Pam: I have also been worried about Ellen. I guess she will be back when everything is sorted out. Last posts on here she wasnt feeling very well!
Well hello to everyone else.. Hope you have a good day, and the weather is better then here lol . I always have a hard time when you guys talk in Fahrenheit. I always learnt will celcius!

Closed Thread