Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #1  

Default Thin commandments

Has anyone out there read Thin Commandments? I'm reading it right now, and I thought perhaps there might be some interest in forming a club around his ideas.

Here is Amazon's description of the book:Bestselling author of Thin Tastes Better, Dr. Stephen Gullo lets you in on his unique program that has a success rate almost 15 times higher than the national average and has helped patients lose more than 100 pounds and maintain the weight loss for more than 5 years. At Dr. Gullo's Institute for Health and Weight Sciences in New York City, patients wait up to 6 months for an appointment and pay over $1,000 an hour for the secrets he imparts in this book.

Dr. Gullo's program, incorporating his more than 25 years of clinical experience, features The Ten Thin Commandments that govern all eating habits and his easy-to-follow "ABC Diet" plan.

In Part One, Dr. Gullo shares his Thin Commandments, including:
o Think historically, not just calorically-identify trigger foods that can undermine weight loss
o Slips should teach you, not defeat you-uncover the "24-hour secret" and never gain weight from bingeing again
o Success is about substitution, not denial-discover the 10 most common diet-busting foods and their satisfying substitutes

In Part Two, Dr. Gullo outlines his simple ABC Diet plan. He takes the guesswork out of dieting and offers a three-step program, which begins with a 10-day turbocharge plan that helps melt away pounds quickly and easily. The ABC Diet is complete with menu plans and shopping lists.

He talks alot about dealing with problem foods and how to have a winning mindset, and it really makes a lot of sense to me. I hope there are others out there that feel the same way!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #2  
Happy Member

Hi, Parrotwoman. I am currently reading "Thin Commandments" and believe the author has a lot to offer. In fact, this is the second time I have read the book, I read it a couple of months ago and incorporated many of Dr. Stephen Gullo's ideas and recipes into my own WOE.

I doubt if there is really much interest in forming a club around Dr. Gullo's book, but I certainly would be willing to discuss different aspects of it with you.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #3  

Hi, JoJo, thanks for the reply. I think you're right--there's not much interest in my proposal.

I am in the final 3 weeks of my MBA program (I'll graduate at age 50!). I plan to start re-reading the book May 1 (when a lot of the pressure will be off), and I'll post again then.
Closed Thread