Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Welcome Peaceful Gypsy! Glad to have thy support here in this serene thread!

Yoga doesn't seem to be a happenin' thing for me today, but I did do a 20-minute meditative walk on the spiral sidewalk. Need to hang out up here in the newsroom until evening so may do some yoga moves.

I will be taking the tai chi class OR the yoga class tomorrow unless I sleep too late (too many night assignments), in which case, I will do it at home.

Onward ...
[/b]
Old 04-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #17  
deleted2

Default Tuesday's food journal

vegetable quiche w/ oat. crust***1 veg 'sausage'
fruit-sweet. cranberry-walnut scone
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

1/2 oz. cheddar w/ 2 pcs. ww baguette

veg. chili w/ rice
ww tortilla w/ pimento cheese, spinach, onion

split pea soup
2 pcs. 4-cheese pizza [homemade and whole wheat]

calories:1780
water: 11 glasses
protein: 66 grams
Exercise:mat Pilates---20 minutes
"Firm" video---55 minutes
dumbells---15 minutes
1 miles treadmill

Weighed this morning and I'm back up to 140 pounds. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd gotten down to 133 pounds before, and really want to get back there.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:47 AM   #18  
Learning to love ME!

You'll get back there, Eydie! Yesterday and today I meditated. I'm hoping to do pilates tonight.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Dinna fash thyself, E! You'll be where you want to be when your body wants you to be there. Go with the flow ... you're so in tune with yourself and doing all the right things. It's all good!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #20  
Empress/Queen

E, I'm going to be makin' some whole wheat pizza soon. I have some fab recipes!!!!! Thy menu looks good! Please keep postin' them. I will put one of mine on here from time to time also ... they are on my journal everyday. It REALLY helps and I like reading others' menus as well.

I am taking today off and so spent two hours in the gym ... yoga class followed by tai chi ... back hurts, though. I'm hoping I can get the personal trainer I had in the past to help me with some workouts for that this month ... dunno, she's busy and I'm not really interested in having any other trainer.

Anyhow, I digress. I met the mind/body challenge again today and I believe I will buy a new yoga mat tomorrow!

Have to fix my VCR so I can do the Wai Lana tapes.

Hi to Wood Nymph and Gypsy!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #21  
Empress/Queen

And a big to Wildfire ... sorry, dinna mean to leave thee outta my hail in the last postie, WF!!!

I think I just wanted an excuse to post again.

I wanna keep this thread at the top o' the heap as what could be better than inner peace and exercise at the same time?

As well as nutritious eatin' and the posting thereof.

Let's keep going, PEACE TEAM! eace:
Old 04-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #22  
deleted2

Default Wednesday's food journal

veg quiche
2 veg. 'sausages'
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

split pea soup
2 rye krisps w/ cream cheese
apple
fruit juice-sweet. peanut butter cookie

veg. "meat loaf" w/ no-sugar ketchup
peas and corn
brown rice
frozen cherries

calories: 1640
protein: 60 grams
water: 10 glasses
exercise: 20 min. yoga
30 min. step video

And I even meditated for 15 mnutes!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #23  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Question

Could have used some of that peace and tranquility in the bargaining room these past 2 days!

I want to join the Mayday sprint...only will be on vac for most of it! Will post thots on goals presently.

Ceara
Old 04-14-2005, 08:34 AM   #24  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Peaceniks! This thread has been so helpful to me -- already I'm feeling much more peaceful. I really think that stress has been the major problem for me in the last few years. As some sage said, it's not what happens to us, but our response to it that determines the quality of our lives.

Yesterday I meditated, listened to some chants, and did evening qi qong. This morning I did a.m. qi qong. Will meditate when I need a refresh (how much better is that than going to grab some instacarbs?). Also remember a weight loss study (involving overweight people) in which one group meditated and the other did nothing different from their norm. And the meditators lost weight, without consciously dieting. Why has it taken me so long to start to meditate again?

Amarantha, Eydie, Gypsy, Wildfire, Ceara, any others who doth lurk -- peace and love to all! Om shanti!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. I did not really mean to have that smilie guy stickin' out his tongue to connote peace ... was going for the hippy smilie, but it must not be on this site! But I digress!

WELCOME PEACE TEAM MEMBER, CEARA!!!! I'd call ya Sword Bearer, but mayhap STANDARD BEARER be more peaaaaaaceeeful a designation! Glad you are getting a vacation as that's also a mind/body exercise, dinna ye think?

Arabella, I be in total agreement about stress being a major factor in weight control (and life control, which is probably more important). I know I napped for a number of hours yesterday for the first time in a month following the yoga and tai chi (the latter is just an opportunity for me to zone out ... doesn't do a lot for me bodwise).

Yea, the meditation (and even the nap) was SO much better for me than my former habit o' findin' peace through the Demon Cupcake Connection!

E, thanks again for being willing to post your menus ... definitely IMO, food is a major part o' the equation of mind/body connectin' and finding "peace" ... do you make your own vege meatloaf or buy one of the meat analogs?

Wildfire 'n Gypsy: Peace be unto thee!

MY MIND/BODY PEACE GOAL (or somethin') TODAY IS TO GO TO GYM AND DO SOME YOGA MIXED WITH A BIT O' WEIGHTS ... NOTHIN' HEAVY!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:01 AM   #26  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. Here I am overpostin' again, but wanted to share the question I am meditating on today as I exercise; if anyone wishes to join me in this exercise and post their answer, I'd love it ... if not, thass ok, too:

"You have just escaped from enemies lying in wait for you in the Deep Woods and run a race in the Desert o' Despair, going without water. You climb the High Mountain of Tribulation and find a peaceful, tiny grotto, cool with sweet running water, shade and trees full of sweet fruit. You eat and drink and lie down in the shade on a bed of fragrant pine needles and eucalyptus leaves (ok, there wouldn't be eucalyptus leaves in a pine forest, but work with me). You fall asleep and when you awaken, the sun is in your eyes, but you spy a MESSENGER (from somewhere, you're not sure where) who hands you a MESSAGE. What does the message say?
Old 04-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #27  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Amarantha, I am most heartily sorry, but my initial response is colored by the fact that I've had this slightly strange question going through my head recently: If you received an anonymous message saying "The sh*t has hit the fan" would you know what it was about? So that's what comes to mind for me immediately as the message.

I shall meditate on your question and return with a better answer.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #28  
deleted2

Amarantha, excellent imagery! When I read the scenario, the first thing that came to my mind is the message "find the light in the dark". Deep dark secret here: that's what I do. I'm convinced it's one of my my life's purposes, to find the gifts in seemingly bad things. Probably why my house is full of gargoyles! Some of my guests are a little tweaked out by it, but to me they're not grimacing an growling so much as laughing and making faces!

Welcome Ceara! And I think she should keep her title of 'sword bearer'. In the tarot, when you get a sword card, it means you're put on notice that you're to cut thru something that's holding you back. Get it, cut though?!

Today's been a good day. Heavy workout day and it's always good when I can push on thru and do it when it's the last thing I want to do!

Amarantha, I make my own meatloaf. Haven't made this recipe in years and I don't know why, because it's pretty darn fabulous! And it's huge! I cut it in half and froze it. Lots of protein and excellent comfort food. And it's easy. I'll post the recipe if you're interested.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #29  

Hello all !

Here I am w/the house to myself while DH is bowling.....
So nice and spa like here...... like a secret royal garden.... so nice to remember we all need to jump off the wheel and reconnect.

Yay for the menus!~

Here goes

Wed--

2 cups mixed fresh fruit
1 very tiny whole wheat cinammon bagel

2 apples
1 orange
1 cup plain no fat yogurt w/ lots of cinammon
2 pieces "herb" bread *

4-6 pepperocini peppers

1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese w/ 1 med tomato, dill and fresh ground pepper

hmmm..... wonder how I managed to get thru the day w/ so little ... hmmmmmm

spent 20 minutes of fast walking during lunch....

also spent the remainder of lunch searching for pedometers ....

and believe it or not my friends, I have been wearing headphones and listening to favorite music on my ipod and its been an amazing step away from the powder keg I was sitting on.... sometimes it gets dicey when I have
to grab the phone but so far, its working out well.......

Empress---

The message says " The light at the end of the tunnel just might be YOU!"

and so, since its so lovely here......and in the interest of serenity......

Lets shut down the Robin sighting thread as its getting a little frayed around the edges....
shall we?

and in the interest of serenity

Kettle is on!

Last edited by Kaylets; 04-14-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #30  
wsw

peace to one and all! i did meditation in morning, and tai chi in afternoon-total of 30 minutes. also did my back stretch exercises later to music which is soothing for me (billie holiday. love jazz!) definitely need more deep breathing and less giving in to stress in my life! amarantha, thanks for starting this thread--just what the doctor ordered! let's see, i think that message in your neat imagery was "you're safe now."
Closed Thread