Old 03-30-2005, 06:04 PM   #1  
Movin' right along...

Default Curvy Vixens #2

Hey vixens! Here is the start of Curvy Vixens #2. Welcome to all the newbies! Don't forget to tell us a little bit about yourselves. The women in this group are all amazing. They will give you a good laugh and hopefully inspire you! Afterall, humor seems to make the weight loss journey a little more bareable

Karen(krngallo) started this group with a quote that I absolutely LOVE
:

"This is a brand new group I decided to name CURVY VIXENS. Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!"

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:18 PM   #2  
Curvy Vixen

well that is sooo much better... we got to 19 pages LOL
My name is Lynn I am 41 with a 19yo daughter and a 15yo old daughter. I'm married for 21years to my high school sweet heart. I lost all of my weight in 1999 on weight watchers and had a bunch of stress and gained it back . I'm back on track again.
I'm a nurse, but i'm home at the moment looking to go back to work.
---------
I hope all the vixens are well.
I walked for 42 mins on the treadmill this AM at a 15 percent incline. I'm feeling it now!!!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #3  
Curvy Vixen

Gonna watch american idol tonight. Hmm wonder who is going to be eliminated tonight!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #4  

Ok, I think I have figured out this signature thing.. ok well sorta.. how do you get it to sign your name in different colors and fonts.. i tried to chose them, but it just signed my name 3 times lol
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:32 AM   #5  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I thought I would post before I went to bed.

For anyone new, I am the mother of 2. A boy~13 and a girl~9. I never had a problem with my weight till I had kids and quit smoking right after my baby girl was born. I was always a size 3 or 5. Now we won't talk about what size I am. Anway,I have been married to the same man for almost 18 yrs! I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I need to lose this weight.

I am on the South Beach Diet (today ended my 3rd day). Not bad so far. My neighbor and I, Goddesskde (also Kim) have started walking. It will take some time for me to build up to a long walk though. I am so out of shape!

Deanne! How is Brillo today?

Anyway, I am off to bed

Until tomorrow morning....

Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:54 AM   #6  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Woo, we have a new thread

Now let's see if I can catch up from the first one!

Kim (goddesskde) - Welcome to the group!

I've heard about the SB diet too, it seemed to be a good plan if you're diabetic or at risk for it. I don't know exactly how it works, but cutting down on carbs and then reintroducing the "good carbs" like some fruits (after 2 weeks, that's it?) sounds like a good thing. Anyway you're so right about doing it now, before the disease declares itself completely. I wish you good luck in "holding good" and getting through the first phase - and then the rest too, of course!

Deanne - Well, to be honest, I've been able to stay on the comp doing stuff on the web or online games for 7 or 8 hours in a row at times But it's just such a waste, so it happened very little - I don't like feeling like my head and body are stuffed and heavy just because I didn't move my bottom from the chair for -that- long! Especially when it's warm and sunny outside. Now, the satisfaction of driving your housemate crazy and pacing around because you've been daring using the beloved internet for 2 hours... isn't this priceless?
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:54 AM   #7  
Movin' right along...

Hey chickas...

Lynn- It sounds like you're doing great with your exercise!

GoddessKim- What I do is highlight the word that you want to color and then select the color.

Kim-Brillo is doing ok. Still getting used to things.

Kery- It is priceless!! You just cant stay on the internet for 8 hours when you have 3 other housemates!

Ok, started out this morning with oatmeal and splenda on top. Not bad. I think I will go down to the beach today. There is a boardwalk that must be about 2 miles long. We also have parks everywhere here! It'll feel good to get out and walk for a while. Maybe I can get Nic to go with me.

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #8  
Curvy Vixen

howdy to all you fine vixens.
It is cool but sunny in upstate NY
I'm on my way for my walk this AM. Then I have a bunch of cleaning to do.
My precious daughter got back to her dorm at 4am... yikes.. I know I am lucky that she tells me everything, but now I am not so sure I want to know!! I'm not freaking as she is still getting over her breakup with Matt, so I'll let it go.. but... hmmm 4am???

Heather goes back to school tomrrow from spring break!! yeah.. my 10th grader wants me to be her personal activity director....I think I just got a taste of what summer is going to be like...

My goal today is to stay within 22pts
drink 8 glasses of water
and walk 2 miles on the treadmill.

happy day all
Old 03-31-2005, 09:10 AM   #9  

I forgot to tell everyone how old my kids are lol. I have 4 girls for anyone that doesn't know 12, 9, 7 and a very rambunchious 4 yr old. I volunteered to coach my youngest daughters softball team this year, but I haven't heard back from the guy that organizes it so it's still up in the air. I have 3 that play softball and soccer so I'm usually running to some game or another. To bad they dont have leagues for women down here I'd rather be playing than watching.. sigh, but that would be a comedy more than anything.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #10  
Support soccer in the USA

Thumbs up

Hi gang, I hope everyone has a fine Thursday.
I'm feeling pretty good today! As you can tell from my name, I'm a huge soccer fan and last night USA beat Guatemala 2:0 in a WCQ (world cup qualifier). So I'm in a great mood. MLS soccer starts this weekend and I couldn't be more excited. Soccer season for me means supporting DC United which means tailgates and post game parties and the best part of all, standing and jumping and cheering for 90 minutes. Talk about burning calories! This year at the tailgates I've decided to bring a chicken breast instead of eating hamburgers and hotdogs like I did last year. No chips and all that nonsense.
Today is the 73rd day on my diet and I'm down 27 pounds. Life is GREAT!
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #11  
...just keep swimming...

Good morning Vixens! New thread already?!!? Wow! Look at us go!

For anyone new...
I'm Dina. A 33 year old married, mother of a 3 year old. Living in the mountains of Arizona. One hyper Pomeranian. I'm a graphic designer by day and an internet shopping junkie by night. I am currently on Weight Watchers for the third time. I had lost 50 pounds before my Valentines Day 2004 wedding and put back 20 of it before our first anniversary. I'd like to get back to my honeymoon weight and then lose another 30 pounds or so. Currently I am really struggling with the mounds of Easter candy left over from the gushing relatives who think it's okay to sugar-up my son. Little do they know that I am the one who is eating most of it. Damn M&M's!

Off to work. I'll be back later to check in. Happy day!
thatgirldina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #12  

Dina,
You might try what I'm doing with my kids Easter candy. I bought them all their own storage boxes ( the 6 quart ones) and had them take all the candy out of their baskets and put it in there. I then had them put it in the pantry so it's out of sight out of mind. I tend to keep most of my diet friendly foods in a seperate cabinet so I rarely have to go poking around the pantry at all. It's worked so far for me. Just thought I'd put my two sense in
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 AM   #13  
...just keep swimming...

Thanks for the suggestion Kim. I'll definitely try that. I do already have a cupboard for Niko's after school snacks, but since I've been back on Weight Watchers, it's now stocked with diet friendly choices like fruit rolls, pretzels and sugar free puddings. He doesn't seem to notice the difference and if I have a weak moment, I'm not doing myself too much "damage". I think I might even put the Easter junk in a box under his bed or something. That way after he goes to bed, I won't go rummaging around in there and wake him up. I do most of my snacking at night, so if it's unavailable, I just won't be able.

Little side note...I'm sort of feeling the pressure of having to post a loss this week, even though for the past 3 days I've not been so "good". My friend Jen, who joined Weight Watchers with me way back when, and who went off around the same time I did, decided to join again. She went to this mornings meeting and not only has she continued to lose since going off program, she now weighs less than I do. She was always about 10lbs heavier. I am secretly SOOOOOO motivated to get back to a lesser weight than she. Is that terrible or what?! I don't know if I can catch up, as she is at 192 right now, but atleast it's keeping me on track. I am so proud of her for returning and it will be nice to have the added support, but yeah, I'm jealous!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:26 PM   #14  
...just keep swimming...

A quick question...do we have to subscribe to this thread, or will we automatically start receiving notifications once we post? I can never figure that out.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:54 PM   #15  
Movin' right along...

Hey chicks...I feel like i am finally back on track after last week. Today, I did pretty well.

Dina- Its natural to feel a little jealous...just convert it into motivation!

Ok yay, the guy that stays on the internet for 8 hours at a time transfered to my husbands team. So, now hes gone at the same time as Nic. WOOOHHOOOOO!!

Love,
Deanne