Old 04-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
Tuesday weigh in:

GRRRR only down a 1/2 lb this week... I guess thats better than gaining...
Ofcourse it's better than gaining Keep your chin up, you're getting there!
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #62  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

those 3 lb weeks spoiled me!! Guess i need to do more walking... and less cereal snacking!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:47 PM   #63  
Staying in 1derland!

Ive got my whole wheat spaghetti noodles cookin, and my chicken red peppers onions and brocoli .. yum cant wait!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:49 PM   #64  

I have started using WW pasta as well as the bread, the slices and the wraps. The pasta has improved greatly since it first came out. I like it alot especially since I never liked my pasta mushy. How did using 1/2 and 1/2 work out BAILY? They cook at different amounts of time.

As for my mini challange, I am sort of stuck. The allergies are slowing down my exercise so I really shoud put less into my mouth to compensate for the lack thereof.

JO - I did Atkins for a while very successfully and really like how I feel, less sleepy and able to handle me weight training. I just needed a rest from the meat rut, though I am feeling that something with more portion control is definately what I need to focus on. Loved the Pest sauce for Pesto. I never did use any of those sauces. I got two really good recipes sources, one is a lowcarb cookbook from my best friend and the Atkins site online. The chicken and artichokes is great though I noticed the version online now is with regular canned artichoke hearts and the original one I have and love is with marinated artichoke hearts.

KASSEE - I love brown rice too, it definately has more bite though.

No progress this week, didn't expect much. I am guzzling the water though I am not sure if it helps with the allergies.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:06 PM   #65  
Staying in 1derland!

yep i had to give in and take my allegra today the pollen is terrible here.. i really dont see much difference in the taste of the wheat pasta .. but i do love the whole wheat wraps.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:16 AM   #66  
Staying in 1derland!

Dreamsicle Pie
8 oz fat free cream cheese
dash of vanilla extract
1 large container of lite cool whip (12 oz)

1 small box sugar free orange gelatin
1 small can pineapple tidbits drained
1 small can mandarin oranges drained
1 low fat graham cracker crust

cream together 2/3 of the cool whip with the fat free cream cheese.
blend until smooth add vanilla extract and mix. sprinkle envelope of sugar free gelatin over mixture and blend

when completely smooth and creamy fold in pineapple, and oranges

put mixture into pie shell and refrigerate for several hours

top with remainder cool whip

serves 8

variations: lime or lemon jello can be used

Exchanges: 1 bread 1 meat
Old 04-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #67  

Allergies and TOM, great day I am having on top of working until 11:30 last night. I figure I might as well be miseable at the office. I am tired, sneezing and have cramps. What more could go wrong. I am definately counting this as a day off from the gym.

CL - Glad to hear your whole wheat experience is working out, it does help with the weight loss I think.

I am moving more of my food plan to the middle of the day in hopes of shaking up my metabolism. I am feeling so sluggish right now.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #68  
Kasee

Good morning ladies. Well, it's raining in the Toronto area today. Any ideas of how to pass a rainy day. My walk for today will be cancelled if it doesn't clear up. I am going to sit and watch and movie, do some laundry. Hope the fridge doesn't call me.
K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #69  
Staying in 1derland!

Its 90 here in maryland, tho its not going to stay that way, they say by saturday it will be back down to 50
Old 04-20-2005, 01:13 PM   #70  

Hi all! Yes kasee, it's really raining here too but wasn't yesterday great? CL did you have it yet? I kinda went off the food plan again on Mon. as it's McDonald's 50th ann. and they have double cheeseburgers 2 for $3.00 and yes ladies I ate 2 but they were so good We had a sale here on sirloin tip roasts and I got an 8lb.er boneless and cooked on the rotisserie with garlic and stuff and when I sliced it up I couldn't believe there was no fat in it. So, it cost $21.00 and after slicing it we got 14 dinners and we also have a meat slicer and we got about 3 lbs. of sandwich meat out of it. Hubby was amazed
Welcome to the new girls, I hope you enjoy yourself here, I sure do! Weigh in was 1 lb. gone for last week and yes the 3 lbs. a week seem to be gone for me too but boy the inches are sure coming off. I don't have a tape measure but I wish I had taken my measurements when I started this cuz when I put my clothes on I really see and feel a big difference. Anyways, I'm going to do some more exercise now and then shower and then watch my soaps, have a great day everybody
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #71  
Kasee

Default Woo-Hoo!

I love that feeling of fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear. Way to go, Bailey. Yes, the weather here has been nothing to complain about. My garden needs a good watering to get things going. Keep up the good work ladies. Remember, going down, no matter how slightly, is better than going up.
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #72  
Staying in 1derland!

i thinkthe storm is suposed to get here tomorrow.. your roast sounds yummy! we had roast on sale here also... they are having birhtday parties at work tomorrow and i have to take something in.. so i have the roast in the crockpot cooking slow and ill add bbq sauce .. and take some rolls in for my contribution..

I saved my "small jeans" waist 33 so i can use those for my goal.. last time i made this journey i was down to size 13.. ahhhhh some day..
Old 04-20-2005, 07:38 PM   #73  

Hello all…

It has been a few days, but I have been so busy at work and then so tired when Iget home, I just have been vegging a lot.

Let’s see….little kitty is doing better, he no long is hiding in te rafters,spends his time up stair with us, but still won’t come near me, but he has come nose to nose with the girl cats without any fireworks. So it is just a matter of time…….

Otherwise, did well on the weekend. Tgsi week Ihad 3 days of meetings where I knew food would abound! I was in charge of bringing the candy, so I knew there would be plenty!!! But I did GREAT!!!! There as also fruit in the morning so I would have some grapes or a banana instead of the muffins or doughnuts, I ate a small portion of the lunch and skipped the chips or party mix. In thee afternoon they had veggies and dip or ice cream……what a choice huh???, but I had veggies no dip! I had brought a few snacks that I could control like the 100 calorie packs of wheat thins or a kudos bar for the sweet tooth, and I stuck to that! I am soooooo proud of myself!!! I was rewarded this morning with a weight loss…the lowest I have been in a long time…..I had a hard time breaking the 240’s but was down to 239.8, just barely I know, but still below!!!

The rest of the week should be okay…no big temptations so I hope to get through it with no problem!!!!!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #74  
Staying in 1derland!

way to go lily!!! its hard to pass up the goodies when they are there and easy to get too! u should be proud that u passed them by!!! and were strong!!

Bailey u have to treat urself now & then.. just exercise the burgers off!! When i was dieting before i had 1 day a week i would allow myself what ever it was i had a craving for.. and only that day.. then it was right back to work..

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-20-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #75  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

CL, I did that too. One day a week that was for fun food. I lost 40 pounds, but I was lots younger then. Now that I have a good understanding of calories, I have a hard time embracing that concept anymore. I'm having so much trouble losing while being good, I can't imagine if I have a day a week of bad. Ah, those days of early twenties. Now they're long gone.

Bailey, congrats on the loose clothes. That is the coolest feeling to have the clothes get baggy. I love then the next step of pulling out my smaller clothes and having them fit. That's the reward in the journey. Not to mention being healthier.

I've been good food wise. Exercise, I'm just not motivated. I've had 2 12 hours days in a row and vegging at the computer is all I can handle. Pretty soon I have to get off my butt and exercise. But food and water - I have a handle on that. That's 2/3 of the plan. Tomorrow I will work out since I have to leave work early so that I can bring my puppy to the vet.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote