Old 05-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #61  

Things have been nuts in my little world, but I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. My eating is totally out of control lately, but so far it isn't showing on the scale. Well, I guess it is in that I haven't lost anything in a while. I desperately need a kick in the behind. I've had a bunch of custom jewelry orders lately, and yesterday my daughter was home with the flu. She woke up and her tongue was black! It turns out that the one Pepto Bismol tablet I gave her did that. The doctor said it doesn't usually happen from one dose, but when I called and asked about her black tongue, the first thing he asked was "did you give her Pepto Bismol?" Creepy, huh?

I better scoot off and do some housework now.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #62  
mom5kidz

Chris - things here are, well, alright I guess - one of my adult son's is up to his old tricks, which is NOT a good thing, especially with a baby on the way *sigh* - Right this second one of my girls is throwing things around the livingroom trying to find her study guide for some test she is having tomorrow

I have got to change my sleeping habits - I don't go to bed until 3 sometimes 4am - then I get up at 7, take the girls to school, stay up until 9 then go back to bed until 1pm - then I go get the girls from school and start my day - it's really not a good habit - but I've been like this for years - and summer is almost upon us so I know it won't change now - *le sigh*
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:07 PM   #63  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

kim,
my daughter already got "the throwing things around the livingroom" out of the way. She unfolded all my clean clothes. At least that's all she's done today. Right now Nicole and Kayla are upstairs watching Shrek. I'm playing on the computer and taking a much needed (or much wanted) break. I just wish I could take a nap. I'm exhausted. I was up alot last night, trying to sleep because my back and hips were hurting. That kept me from sleeping very much.

chelle-too weird about the black tongue. I have never heard of that before. I was trying to think of what is all in the pepto that would do that. Bet that freaked you out alot.

Ricci-did you buy an existing home or did you have one built? We've been in ours for 2 yrs now and still have so much to do and fix. We did get new carpet in the family room and on the stairs, painted the kitchen, family room, and livingroom. Also got a new dishwasher and DH built a sewing room for me and redid the playroom so we could have an office for his business he started.

Well ladies...I gotta get back to the business of cleaning. That's all I do anymore, I swear. Wish there was more to life.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #64  
mom5kidz

Chris - I know what you mean about cleaning all the time, or atleast that's what it feels like - especially laundry
Old 05-04-2005, 12:28 AM   #65  
Focus on the Process

Kim, Laundry-the bane of the housewive. That-and dishes! The rest I don't have a problem with. Okay...maybe toilets too.

See you in the morning....

chris
Old 05-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #66  

I finally got eating and exercise on track yesterday. It was the first time in weeks, unfortunately. It felt so good to get back to how I should be that I am going to make a serious effort to stop being a slacker like I have been lately.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #67  
Focus on the Process

Great job, Michelle! I'm working on getting back on track. Taking those little baby steps. I'll get there. Gotta go take DD#1 to dance lessons.

TTFN,

chris
Old 05-05-2005, 08:00 PM   #68  
I will suceed!!!

I have news! Weighed in today! 230! I've lost another 8 pounds! Woo Hoo!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #69  
Shake Your Booty!

HEY!!! Ladies I have missed yall! I have been keeping busy with the kids and all..we made it all winter without puking or the flu and friday night Tori (the youngest) woke up puking...well the Tuesday the oldest had it, then wed my son and husband got it, and my husband has it the worst, still barfing as of tonight...LORD HELP ME STAY WELL!! So he lost 2 days of work this week, no sick days either

I finally broke the 30 lbs!! I'm so excited! I took another pic the other day I"ll have to post it for yall, I wore the same clothes as the last time.
Tabitha!! Girlie I have your email, but just haven't had much time to sit and write, I'll get back to you over the weekend, I miss talking to you!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #70  
Focus on the Process

Great Job Tabitha and Chrissy. I haven't weighed myself lately. Kind of scared to. You two are doing awesome.

Chrissy-Same boat as you here. DH was off Tues, Wed, and he came home early today. He has strep really bad and the antibiotics aren't helping. He's still running a fever and his throat is so swollen and red and full of pustules...It's scary. He can't really swallow. Poor guy. If he's still down tomorrow, he's going back to the doctor.

GOtta go...CSI is on and then ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~chris
Old 05-06-2005, 08:44 AM   #71  

Great job Tabitha and Chrissy. You are doing so great at sticking with your plan. Can you come over and give me a kick in the rear so I can be like both of you?

Sorry to hear about the sick families. My mom is a nurse and said this is the worst year she has ever seen for recurring illnesses, serious illnesses, and illnesses that just won't go away. My daughter has been sick so many times this year, and up until this year she had never even needed antibiotics. It's insane.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:10 AM   #72  

anybody home?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #73  
mom5kidz

I just popped in - have new g'baby in the house, WooHoo! So I've been busy going back and forth to the hospital
Old 05-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #74  

Congratulations, Kim

I'm annoyed with myself these days- not exercising and not even pretending to eat right anymore. So I'm through with being a slacker. Okay, so the scale didn't move, that's no reason to go back to my old ways because it's going to move back UP! I already did some hip shaking today (to a CD rather than a video to make sure I was working more instead of the starting and stopping with instruction). Now I just need to eat right for the rest of the day. I can do this.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #75  
Focus on the Process

Kim-Congrats on the Grandbaby!

Chelle-I'm here! I'm here!

Since you two are the ones who seem to be hanging around, I'm just going to post to you both. I've been gone for a bit. Dh was sick last week with strep and mono. I had to take him to the ER on Friday because of it. He got dehydrated and had to have IV fluids for a few hours. Then my littlest, Nicole came down with a respiratory bug on Monday night so Tuesday it was sitting with her all day long and doing albuterol treatments until her breathing was more normal. She's still sick but not too bad. Then her little bug hit me and it hit DH. Hey where does all this stuff come from? It's supposed to be a good time of year.
Well this week we got dumped on with a bunch of rain and snow (wierd for May...almost June). There has been a ton of flooding all over the place and some roads have been damaged in the surrounding towns but we really really needed it. We've been having severe drought conditions for the last fews years and a ton of forest and wildfires. Hope this helps.
Sunday is DD#2's birthday (Kayla). She''ll be six yrs. old. My babies are all growing up.
I've been trying with my eating this week. Some days aren't so good but some are. I did great yesterday until the afternoon then I started getting the shakes because I didn't take a snack to work with me. So when I got home I was on a binge. Not good! I did get 1 1/2 miles in on the track last night. Hopefully that makes up for it.... a little.
Nicole wants to watch veggie tales and I need to finish cleaning so I'll catch up with you ladies later. TTFN.
~chris