Old 07-01-2005, 03:43 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 286/232/170

Well done on the 3lbs, Nichola, that's great!!!
britjo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #92  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Wow, you guys are losing and I'm just sort of floundering (obviously). Congrats!

I haven't read the low GI book but I've read similar. It was very eye-opening to realize that a lot of the traditional diet foods are just completely useless and are probably contributing to your hunger. Hello, someone could've mentioned this sooner!

Still trying to find someone to rent our apt. First couple are kind of jerking us around, but I'm hoping they come through after all.

B
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:18 AM   #93  

Well what do you know, I disappear for 6 months and when I finally get a new computer and hunt you guys down, Brandy has news that brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you!!!
Just think, you will not be in your last trimester till after summer (BIG PLUS!!!), you will miss the hottest part of summer in the south if you guys are not moving till Sept.1, and sometimes pregnant women do not have trouble with weight. Three days before I had Josh, I was 14 pounds lighter than the week I got pregnant!!! And with Erin, I went for regular Dr check on Monday,he says we are going to admit you cause you are dilated, she was born on Tuesday, and on Thursday when I went back to Dr, I was down 23 pounds!!! And she only weighed 5 pounds. I loved what being pregnant did for my weight!!!

I am so proud of you Jo for actually going back to school to achieve your dream. I think about it but I never do anything about it.

Nichola I know just what you mean about trying on clothes, and wanting to look nice and it being hard to find things. I wanted to get some racy lingerie for our anniversary and I hates picking up the pieces and looking at them, I just knew everyone in the shop was staring at me thinking "Oh that is disgusting, SHE'S going to put THAT on THAT body" but a very nice large salesclerk came over and it made me feel better to ask her about the items. I would have died if it had been a tiny model body who had come over to help!!!

Anyway, hopefully I will not get lost again. I have a new computer that is just MINE, no kids on here downloading all sorts of stuff and clogging it up and inviting all sorts of viruses in. I have recommitted (AGAIN) to losing weight. I am still the same weight as I was 3 years ago but I will be 38 years old in 23 days and I do not want to be this weight at 40!!!

I know all the right things I should do, it is just a matter of doing them. I am going to do them. I want to look like Demi Moore did at 40!

One last thing for tonight, has anyone heard from Daniell in the last year or so? She used to email me every day but in Jan. 2004, she just stopped. Her situation with Donnie was not the best and I worry about her and the kids.

Kelly
kap34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:58 AM   #94  

OMG Kelly how fantastic to see you again!!!! I've really missed you!!! I haven't heard from Danielle and have been worried about her, but lost touch ages ago with her and Ali.

I'm 38 this year too, so we can commit together to achieving success before we're 40. Don't feel any different than I did 20 years ago (although I'm a lot fatter).

Right, off to watch a tv movie with Natty. I love Sunday mornings, Alan takes Dom to the ice rink for his skating lesson (helps with the hockey), so we get the tv to ourselves, and can watch trashy movies without it getting changed to sport.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Love
Jo
Old 07-03-2005, 05:35 AM   #95  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Kelly, great to have you back!! We all seem to be starting over again so let's all commit together to doing this right once and for all!!

I know what you mean about the lingerie ... I often find myself looking longingly at the sexy undies wishing that I could look good in them One day hopefully .......

I often think about Daniell and Ali too, I wonder how they are?? So strange how Ali just suddenly disappeared the way she did and none of us were able to contact her.

Well, it's been a very boring weekend for me ... it was public holiday on Friday but Nick had to work, he also worked yesterday, and he's had to go into the office today too!! I'm now going to prepare one of the recipes from my new low Gi book for dinner ... hope it's as tasty as it sounds

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #96  
A woman of ACTION

Smile

Hi everyone!

Kelly! Welcome back! We missed you. Congrats on the rededication too. One step at a time. If you lost one pound a week, you could lose 104 pounds by your 40th. Completely doable. You WILL do it!

In regards to Ali girls, I honestly think she wanted to cut all ties with her "fat" self, including anything associated with it. After working so hard, maybe she thought that she needed to go with a clean start to maintain her loss? I hope she's keeping it off and LOVING her new self.

As for my self, well, I'm loving me, just not what I'm doing to me.

Nichola, I'm glad you found something to fit. I get in stages where I refuse to buy anytyhing new because I'm going to lose the weight, then look awful for weeks on end in the few things I have that fit. I end up feeling even worse than I did if I was just unhappy aobut my weight. So now, I've learned to buy the next size up if I need to...at least I'm not beating myself up too badly about it then. You will do it! And remember, I would be more than happy to send you clothes from here; just tell me your taste in styles.

Jo, so glad you're feeling better. I love it when the boys are out of the house too...I can watch my home improvement shows without all the eye-rolling! :lol

Raff...how're you doing?

Brandy...I have some plus size maternity clothes that you're welcome to. I was about a size 24 when I got pregnant with Erik, so that will give you an idea of whether the clothes will fit or not. Don't be too worried about gaining weight. I found being pregnant the easiest time for me to focus on healthy eating. I was doing it for the growing baby inside me, and for some reason, that was the best motivation. Take up a prenatal exercise class if you can..I did prenatal yoga, and that turned into a practice after Erik was born as well for me. And really consider nursing after your baby is born. I nursed and did WW on the nursing program (10 extra points back then) and the weight dropped off. And, it's good for your baby too!

We spent the weekend doing massive amounts of yard work. We went from having a dirt backyard Thursday night, to having a sod covered yard, and a gravel path by Saturday morning. I am thrilled. Whcih reminds me, I should go water the sod, so I'll be off.

Talk to you all soon!

Lorraine

Last edited by ecchs; 07-03-2005 at 11:06 AM. Reason: for general stupidity.
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #97  

Lorraine- I never thought of it that way..just a pound a week..and 104pounds lost by my 40th. WOO HOO !!! Now I am psyched!!!

Everyone have a great holiday weekend.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #98  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Wow, I don't check for like two days and suddenly we're all super chatty. YAY How will I ever catch up!

First, thanks for all your good wishes and various advice. I will be asking tons of questions, I'm sure. I've had a few rough days with nagging nausea and headaches but yesterday I started taking ginger tablets and that (knock wood and say a prayer) seems to help.

Kelly, when I think of all the time I've wasted trying to lose four or six or eight pounds a week, I feel like a jerk. One pound a week (which would men such tiny little changes) and I'd be done by now. Yeesh. Good luck to you. Imagine, all that by the time you turn 40! WOW AND WELCOME BACK!!!

Lorraine, thanks for the offer of clothes. I will keep you in mind when the time comes and it's so kind of you to offer! Am def considering nursing and will make every effort (well, almost, I do hear of these poor women going to extremes and being miserable and I think it's great for them if they're that dedicated but I have my limits)! How on earth did you get all that yard work done in such a short time!

Nichola, hope the GI thing is going well for you. We're having a dull weekend too. It's a three day but Mark had to go into the office. It's so weird to think that this time next year we will be at my family's yearly 4th of July reunion. And with a new member of the family. Also, you should plan a massive shopping trip to the US - it sounds like as plus sizes go, we just have a lot more selection. Actually, I suspect that here you'd not be in plus sizes but in regular ones so the choice would be even bigger. No idea if the siatuation is the same in the UK. I do my fair share of complaining about plus sized clothes and never being able to find what I want, but you make me greatful that at least I have stuff out there to choose from!

Jo, hope you enjoyed your trashy movie! I think about Alli and Danielle all the time. I've tried to email Ali and contact her through her other site (the one she shared with someone else) but...nothing. Maybe she'll turn up again sometime.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #99  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi Chickies. Sorry I haven't been around, but it's been hectic over here with my mom because the dr. has discovered she has three clogged arteries in her heart. We've been running to dr. appt's and tests, and nothing is clear. I'm not sure wether it's the the heart dr himself or the surgeon he confers with that itsn't clear, but we haven't been getting any definite information. So my mom is thinking of getting a second opinion which means more appointments and so on, and so on............you catch my drift? It's crazy over here.

Congrats to all you losers! You've done a wonderful job.

Welcome back Kelly! We've missed you.

To all the patriotic Americans, have a happy 4th. And to everyone else I wish you a wonderful day.

Love,
Raff
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:41 AM   #100  

Whoa, no-one's been around since July 4th. Hope you're all ok.

Guess I've been distracted over the last few days, with the bombings. We haven't been personally affected by the bombs, only have one relative in London and he was fine.

I gained half a pound this week, ho hum.....although hoping to lose it again by Thursday.

Today we're off to the bank to try and change mortgage, we can save over £100 ($174).....and that saving should hopefully make a big difference to our monthly finances. Not sure if I can cope with the excitement though....people talk money and all I hear is 'blah blah blah'
Old 07-11-2005, 03:26 AM   #101  

Hi,

Sorry I've not been around for a few days ... been having a few problems at home which aren't yet sorted and I'm feeling very down.

On the bright side, I've lost another 2lbs ... whether this has anything to do with the GI plan or the fact that I'm simply not in the mood for eating I don't know!

Hope the rest of you are ok.

Nichola
Old 07-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #102  

Hi all,

Jo-Glad to hear you and yours are all ok after the bombings.

Raff- Hope you are getting everything straightened out about your Mom. I have been through having stints put in my Mom and several bypass surgeries with other family members so I know how frustrating it can be with all the testings and things. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Nichola- Congrats on the 2 lbs...I am just sorry if it is due to problems at home. Hope you get everything worked out.

We have been preparing for Hurricane Dennis, just in case he decided to turn east and hit north Fl.

As it turned out all we got is some wind and rain. Not that we needed any more water here but I am not going to complain because it could be so much worse. Pensacola was hit very hard and they are still recovering from Ivan from last year.

Summertime is usually when I regret living in Florida, the constant rain, the occasional hurricane, and the unbearable heat. The rest of the year it is near perfect.

I am thinking of biting the bullet and joining our local gym when the kids start back to school. The thing is, it is a small town so it is a man's gym, you know, the ones they go into to lift weights and look like Hulk Hogan...anyway, I do not know what sort of things I need to do. I want to tighten, strengthen,tone up, burn some of those calories, as opposed to building muscle mass. Does anyone know anything about which machines are better for this? Or anyone know of websites that could tell me? There is no personal trainer there at the gym, so I can not go that route. Just thought I would ask.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Kelly
Old 07-13-2005, 02:41 AM   #103  

Hope the Hurricane missed you Kelly.

Today I have to go to University. The results are out at noon. OMG I feel so sick. In a few hours time I find out whether I've got the grade I need to be a lawyer......scary stuff
Old 07-13-2005, 04:53 AM   #104  

Kelly, hope all was well with you in north Florida and Dennis decided not to make a visit!!

Jo, all the best wishes in the world for your results ... I'll be keeping everything crossed for you ... GOOD LUCK!!!

Nichola
Old 07-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #105  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Chickies! Still drudging along here at 312lbs. Have not lost a lb since, but I also haven't been following my foodplan either so its to be expected.

Jo - I'm sure did great at Uni. Keep us posted with your results.

Kelly - Sorry to hear about the weather. Here in NYC we've been getting wind and rain from the Cindy and then Dennis, but thank goodness never anything serious.

Lorraine - You out there?

Brandy - How's it going with the pregnancy and move?

Nichola - Congrats on the loss and keep up the great work.

I wanted to give you all a recipe I got from Dr. Weil (I'm on his email list).

Fresh Berry Gratin
--------------------
4 servings

A nearly effortless way to enhance fresh berries. The aroma of the warm fruit is sublime. Ingredients:

3 cups fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)
4 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp. skim milk
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar

Instructions

Place berries in an even layer in a 9-inch pie plate or divide among 4 individual gratin dishes. In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, milk and lemon juice. Spread over the berries, leaving the outer edge uncovered. Set aside in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.

Preheat the broiler. Press sugar through a coarse sieve over the berries, covering them evenly. Broil until the sugar has melted, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving:
178 calories
6 g total fat (4 g sat)
10 mg cholesterol
31 g carbohydrate
4 g protein
6 g fiber
171 mg sodium

Well got to run off. Have an appt with the therapist today and then I'm heading to the library. Don't you wish you were me?

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Raff
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote