Old 05-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hello,

What kind of severe weather did you end up with, Diane? Hopefully none, especially if it would hamper you spending Mother's Day with your daughter.

Bonnie2, hey, my DH is a real rock connisseur (sp?). He got a permit to get rock at the public land quarry and would load his pickup with rocks each weekend. We used them in landscaping. I'm betting the rocks in your field didn't look like those rocks, though. Hope you had a good Mother's Day.

Bluet, so glad that the antibiotic is working its magic and giving you some relief. I hope that by today you'll be all over your sinus problem. So what did you end up doing this weekend? I know what you mean about itching to get working on the yard. Since we haven't planned out what we're going to do, we're kind of in a holding pattern. I did buy some plants to go into a container, though, so I'll have to be content with planting that for now. Of course, it's cold today, and has been pouring all day so I've been doing inside stuff.

SunnyD, what a contented kitty that is! Looks just like your kitties look. Your Joe is so thoughtful, and what wonderful friends you have. That's too bad about your Mom feeling so ill--hope she's okay now. How great for you guys to talk on the phone like that. You know, my cousin was going to get married on 7/7/77, but ended up getting married on 4/7/77. I think she should have waited just for the numbers.

Normally, my Dad's place is $1,600, but because he needs some assistance, they tack on $500 for the first "level" of assistance, and then it's more money for each level. He has to have help with his stockings every day, his feet washed twice a week, and then since he wasn't taking his medication appropriately, they started helping him with that plus he wasn't bathing well so they started shower assistance. So the more assistance he gets, the more money it costs. I wasn't very happy with him because he didn't tell me he was being discharged from rehab on Friday. Today was the first day he called. He's still walking with the walker--hopefully it's not a permanent thing, but I think it is. He's going to try driving tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers on that one! Kind of scary.

I was feeling a little down yesterday morning because I thought my kids forgot about Mother's Day--no cards, no call. My son in Seattle ended up not coming down. My DH took me out for breakfast in the morning, then in the afternoon we went to an herb farm that was having a Mother's Day thing. While we were driving there, my Seattle son called to wish me a happy Mother's Day so I felt a bit better. My other son called when we got home, and we talked for quite a while, then while we were talking, my daughter called, and she sent an e-card. So I was feeling better by the end of the day.

Tomorrow a friend and I are riding up in the senior center bus (she's a senior, although I've never known how old she is) to tour the peony and iris gardens about an hour north of here. Have to get up early to catch the bus, but it should be worth it. Hope it's not raining like it is now--that would be bad.

Have a good Monday evening, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:44 AM   #92  
I can and I will do it!

Smile

Sunny so glad you had a good day on Sunday and bless Joe's heart he is such a thoughtful man.

Sheila we didn't end up having any bad weather so I made the trip just fine and had a nice time. I have a SIL that loves to cook so he made dinner. They have the nursery all ready so I got to see it and it is so sweet. We are really starting to get excited now her baby shower is Sunday.

I am on a new weight loss venture...Weight Watchers. I am going to go to my first meeting tonight. I have finally figured out my big problem is my eating and hopefully with some accountability I will be able to get it under control. It is worth a try. I am looking forward to it. Bonnie 2 and Charlotte how are you girls?

Have a wonderful Tuesday....Diane
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #93  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello there Ladies...
So good to see you

Bonnie2, what are you using the rocks for? Your gardens? I sure could use a few - could you lug some this way

Yea... Sheila, I thought that he looked like my Guido too I got a note from my mom this morning and she is feeling so much better today, but now my father has a fever of 102.4 He is not doing well at all... he keeps getting fevers and the docs can't put their finger on the problem. I think it's his bad gut (yes, he has a very badly scarred sm. & lg. intestine) --- he has been in the hospital once already near death with it. I hope they can find the source soon. I also think that one of the problems is that he does not watch his diet like he should (he has type 2 diabetes). Please keep him in your prayers

As for your DF... Driving????! --- that could be so dangerous for him and others (don't you think so?). Do you really think that they will let him drive?? As for his fee's --- I thought that's what was going on with his cost... they cost so darn much for the extra help!!! And they know just where it hurts too! $$$ !

I am so happy to hear that your family came through for you, Sheila!!! Sounds like you had a lovely day too. Awe... too bad that your cousin didn't marry on 7/7/77 - how cool would that have been!!! She sounds like me I would have done something like that -waited- but 4/7/77 is pretty cool too

You will have an absolutely beautiful day today touring the peony and iris gardens!!! I hope the weather cooperates with you. What I would give to be able to join you on that tour! Take some pictures!!!

Speaking of weather... what gorgeous weather we have had the last 4 days!!! I have been able to get outdoors again for my walks and actually opened windows and left them open last night I just love it when it's like this --- so peaceful to listen to all the birds and their babies chirping a mile a minute!

Hi Diane, speaking of weather... so glad to hear that you didn't get the storm you thought you would I LOVE the picture you have posted of you and your grandbaby!! He is a Cutie!!!! And I love seeing what you look like... you are a very pretty gal Now... you know that little one had to get his good looks from someone

Have you been getting out for walks lately? I have gotten in 12.75 miles for May thus far walking 2.25 miles each morning. I don't think that I will do more then that right now --- I get so very tired by the afternoon lately and have to really push to gets things finished. I was out the door this morning at 5am. It's so nice and quiet at that time of the morning... just me and the birds

So you went back to WW... I have heard that to be the BEST program for wt-loss, Diane... I wish you well!! You are too funny I think that is my problem too ---> too much GOOD food

Okay... now we haven't seen Charlotte or Bluet in DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like it when you gals stay away for so long I do hope that you are just taking in the Spring and all it's wonders and not staying away because of illness (((hugs))) for you both! COME BACK SOON!!!

*~*~*

Okay... time for me to scoot! I have errands to run today...
maybe I'll burn up some more calories

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:37 AM   #94  

Hello friends,
Well.....I keep thinking my life will get better....but, I'm so heartbroken tonight. My daughter lost her baby. She called me tonight crying. I knew something wasn't right the whole weekend. Mother's Day she didn't call me until late evening. She usually wakes me up! Then, was very quiet. I knew she had been sick with the old stuff that's going around, so she finally convinced me that was it. Then, on Monday I checked on her & she was so quiet. Was supposed to make one of her trips this way, & stop by today, but said she probably would tell her boss she needed some time off. I had a strange feeling about it all, & told DH this morning something was going on. I called her this morning & she was very quiet & just said she didn't feel well. Tonight, though, she called to let us know that she started bleeding Sunday, & lost the baby yesterday. She just couldn't take any more attention from well-meaning friends & relatives & went to another town to a motel for a couple of days. She just wants to be alone for awhile. It tears me up that she is alone in a motel room tonight. I want to hold "my baby" & I can't. It's after midnight & I can't sleep...so, of course, I'm talking to my friends. Please help me pray for her.

Sorry I haven't been around. It's taken all of my time up with getting all the paper work & such taken care of with getting the business put into my sister & my name. We are/were excited about it. She said she wanted to take my hands & jump up & down, but neither of us were able!! I'm more proud for her, than myself. I'm glad I did it, but she is managing the store....I'm more of a silent partner. I'll help out when she needs off, but I have my hands full at the TV Station.
We're having an all day festival at the station Saturday (May 14th) with groups singing, food, games, horse & buggy rides, etc. to raise money. Hope the sun shines.

SunnyD...I'm so glad you had a good day, Sunday. That was so sweet of your friends & Joe. I thought of you....& then again today, after talking to my daughter.
What a terrible Mother's day memory she'll have, now. All of my children (for some reason) told me, today, that I couldn't really understand what Paula was going through, because I hadn't lost a baby. So, I finally told them that I had lost a baby about a year after the twins were born. I was at work (sewing factory) & didn't know I was pregnant. My kids were really surprised today when I told them.

Sheila...I do hope your dad's health improves. I know you worry so much about him. Also glad your kids came through for you. My day was ok.

Candlelady...What a beautiful grandbaby!! You look like a proud grandma. Your a pretty lady.

Bluet...I hope you're feeling better, my friend. Take care of yourself, & let us hear from you.

Hello Bonnie-2!

I ended up selling that dreadful desk & buying a little dressing table. I was going all over the house trying to put on make up & fix my hair!

Going to try to sleep. Hope you all have a good Wednesday.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #95  

Oh, Charlotte, I'm so, so sorry. How sad for your daughter, and for your family. I can't even imagine the emotional pain your daughter is experiencing. I am praying for her.

I'm glad that you sold the desk and got something you will enjoy. That's exciting news about the store. I'll be thinking of you on Saturday and hoping that your weather is good for your fundraiser. Sounds like it will be fun.

Darn it, SunnyD--I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. It's so tough when our parents get older, isn't it? Out the door at 5:00 am? I'd be tired, too! You're doing so well on your walking! How is your tummy situation with the new diet? It seems like you haven't been having any problem at all, which is wonderful.

Diane, I'm so glad that you were able to go visit your daughter after all. Is the baby shower at her house or in your area? Weight Watchers is a great plan. I saw on the news last night that Consumer Reports rated it the #1 way to lose weight. As with anything, you get out of it what you put into it--unfortunately, I haven't been putting much into it lately. I need to get back with it because I lost all the weight I've lost so far through Weight Watchers so I know it works if I work with it.

Bluet, we miss you!!

So the peony trip was, well, interesting. Actually, it was fun, and I met some nice ladies. Getting to the bus, we hit every stop sign in town, I think, but I wasn't all that late. It rained off and on during the day, and the fields were muddy from several days of straight rain so we looked from afar, and one owner brought blooms in for us to look at. I never realized there were so many different kinds of peonies. I was looking at the catalog and one plant was selling for $350! Can you imagine paying that much money for one peony plant? It was pretty, but not as pretty as some others, at least in my opinion.

After that garden, we went to another garden, and the bus driver had quite a time getting the big bus (Greyhound bus size) up the steep, narrow, rather winding road, but he finally made it. We toured the garden, which had a lot of other flowers. Once we were done, the bus drive drove the bus up further onto this grassy area, and proceeded to get stuck. He tried chains, digging the tires out, and the owner got his tractor out to help pull, but nothing worked. They were going to try two tractors, but discovered that the second tractor had a dead battery. Then a guy said he knew a neighbor who had a bigger tractor, but it would take 20 minutes to get there. By then, my lips were blue, and I was feeling pretty soggy. But the guy showed up in this 8000 series John Deere, which made the other two tractors look like Tonka toys. He hooked up the chain, and pulled the bus out effortlessly. Then we all got back on (where I changed my wet shoes and socks, thanks to my DH who fusses over me and made me take a change of shoes and socks), and the driver had to back down the road. He wasn't doing a very good job going around this one corner, so one of the local farmers (we'd gathered quite a few by then) asked if he could drive, and the driver said yes. That guy backed that bus down the narrow, winding road like he'd been doing it forever. We were all quite appreciative because we were starving by then and still had to travel about 20 min. to get to lunch. We had a nice lunch at a brewpub, where my friend and I sat with four other women. Two of the women had been traveling together since they'd met four years ago on one of these senior center expeditions. They had gone with other groups, too, and regaled us with great stories of where they'd been. So I arrived back home pretty tired, but glad I'd gone.

Hope everyone is enjoying a pleasant Wednesday. It hasn't rained yet, and is supposed to actually clear up and be sunny tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 05-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #96  

Are you all out playing in the sun? I did hear something about snow in Atlanta, however, but maybe that was a joke.

Not much going on with me. I did my circuit training class this morning, then went back in the afternoon for an hour to go over some additional stuff with a fitness trainer. I want to add some more weight lifting stuff to my exercise. I'm also thinking of taking a tai chi class, which is supposed to be helpful for people with physical problems.

Yesterday afternoon I saw a new dentist who looks like she's 12 year old. Have you noticed that the older you get, the younger the professional people look? When she told me I had two tiny cavities, I was horrified. She praised my brushing (and was surprised when I said I used a manual brush, not electric), told me how beautiful my teeth are, then hit me with the two cavities news. When I got home, I called my dentist in Seattle just to check and see what he thought. Turns out, he was watching one of the teeth she mentioned so she isn't just out for the money. The dentist I saw in Corvallis when I lived here before was really untrustworthy, and so I'm suspicious of all Corvallis dentists, I guess. The Seattle dentist said that some dentists think that it's best to fill early rather than wait and see, which is his attitude. I prefer that attitude, but I made an appointment and got a prescription for valium. That tells you what kind of patient I am when the dentist starts drilling.

Planted a container with herbs I got from the herb farm visit on Sunday, another container with a cherry tomato plant, and a third container has a rosemary plant in it now. I haven't found the best place to put the containers, but I'll figure it out.

Hope everyone has a great Friday! Did anyone see the Oprah show today?
Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 AM   #97  

I didn't see the Oprah show but recorded it to watch today sometime.
I think it was time for Caryn on survivor to go, she told to much on everyone. Also it was Anthony's time on AI to go.
We may get to babysit our grandaughter Sat. till Sun. Jenna is 13 months.
The rocks were in the field we had to plant field corn for our cattle. Didn't want them to break any parts in the planter.dumped them in a big pile.
Hope to get in at least part of my garden but weather says rain on & off all weekend.
If I don't get to post for a few days have a great weekend all you gals
BONNIE2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:10 AM   #98  
I can and I will do it!

Oh Charlotte I am so very very sorry for the loss of the baby. I can imagine the pain your daughter is going through. Your family will be in my prayers. It sounds like you have the ball rolling on the new business I am so excited for you.

Well Sheila you are one busy lady and look at all the exercise you are trying, I am very proud of you. The baby shower is at her SIL house in Ft. Worth.

I had planned to go to WMart this morning at 6am and walk, but I slept until that time so didn't make it. I have alot of housework to do so maybe that will account for some exercise.

Have fun with Jenna this weekend Bonnie2.

Sunny and Bluet we miss you. Are you ok?

Have a wonderful day....Diane
Old 05-14-2005, 07:09 AM   #99  

Default I am so very sorry Charlotte...

I just read all the posts and...
I am so very sorry for your DD's & your loss, my Dear Charlotte

I too have been there... losing two babies myself. I miscarried the first time @ 5 1/2months and then lost our Lisa Anne (full term) in the car accident, never able to have children again. My heart hurts deeply for you both in your loss!! May you feel the warmth and love surround you from our Lord in your time of loss.

Your DD, and all those who love her are in my *Prayers*

*God's Peace*
Love,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-14-2005, 08:15 AM   #100  

Smile

Hey there Bluet... what is going on, sweets Where have you been We sure do miss your presence here!!! Please come back real soon!!

Charlotte, it sounds like you & your sister are coming along nicely with your new business adventure... I am glad you have something too help take your mind away from lifes problems from time to time. I think your business will bloom! I hope that all goes well for your Station and the Festival today Sounds like a wonderful time!

Thank-you for thinking of me It is so very heartbreaking that your DD lost her baby over Mother's Day... please tell her that my thoughts and prayers are with her & her family in their loss.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to sell that desk and get yourself a nice little dressing table --- those are so nice! I have always wanted one myself but I haven't the space

Hello Sheila... thanks for keeping this thread alive what would we do w/o you!

About my DF: YES! It is very hard to watch them age! Especially since I am so far away from them and feel so helpless. I got a note from my mother last night telling me that they saw the doctor yesterday and that the DR. is very concerned for my father also, and she ordered a lot of tests for him... blood, stool and a chest x-ray's to look for silent pneumonia or bronchitis. It has nothing to do with his diabetes or his medication. His glucose was 118 which is good. So they are still baffled about his chronic fever. It's so scary when you don't know why something is going wrong in the body. I do so appreciate you thoughts and prayers for him and my family Thank-you!

My tummy has been fine... no problems at all since I have been taking the products from Jordan Rubin --- and following his program. I have had some discomfort when I stray, but no pain Praise God!

Your garden excursion sounded like fun!! I would have loved to have gone with you

That's too funny about the dentist... I still use a manual brush too - no electric here. She must be young!!

I saw the *Oprah* show with her trainer Bob Greene and that was a good show... I just wish that Oprah would let him speak more!! We know she got it! Look at her! Now I want it

Hi Diane, You are too sweet... I am just fine --- time just has a way of slipping past me these days!! I spent the whole day out shoppin' yesterday My friends daughter, Sandy, and I went to breakfast out then to Wal-Mart & on to Kohl's... where I got the Cutest pair of jammies!! They are lavender with purple kitties and aqua fish all over them --- sooo cuuuute & soft! And I got a nice outfit for church... very tropical looking camp style top in that burnt red with these huge hibiscus flowers in butter yellow and sage green leaves w/ a pr. of sage green slacks... so nice! I haven't bought myself something in a very long time - it felt great! Then we went to lunch and got home at around 3ish. Then my hubby came home at 6:00 and our friends called... we couldn't meet for breakfast (Sat/today) so we all met for dinner last night... whew what a stressful day I had I never cooked once, but I sure feel it today! My hands hurt from all the water I am holding from the SALT in the foods yesterday! I don't use that much in my cooking and so it really hits me when I eat out - and I ate out allot yesterday! Home-cooking today for sure!

I have to share with you about your CD's --- I FINALLY got them sent off to you and to Bonnie2... I thought my hubby was going to mail them & that he had... and he thought I was and neither of us saw them still on the sofa table this whole week! So I got them *in the mail* yesterday... for sure! They should be at your homes by Tuesday of next week Sorry about that!

Bonnie2, We have had some really bad storms come through here as well last night. Up till then it was beautiful! 74*, breezy and just beautiful! We are suppose to get more big storms today --- darn it all, I wanted to get some gardening done today! You were right on the $$ with *Survivor* and with *A-Idol* Who do you think will win Idol?? I am hoping for Carrie, but Bo is rather popular!

*~*~*

Don't know what Joe and I will be doing today... I have been up since 6:00 but hubby is still sleeping... he never gets to sleep in, so I am glad he is right now. We are planning to go shopping for veggies, herbs and annuals today Plans change very quickly around here, so my fingers are crossed that we are still going. I just wish it wasn't raining, I really wanted to play in the gardens... maybe if it's a light rain, we still can

God Blessings upon you ALL...
*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-14-2005, 05:11 PM   #101  
I can and I will do it!

Hi girls what is going on today in your lives?

We have had a pretty busy day. First of all we went to a pig show that my oldest GS was in for the most of the morning. It was the first time for him to show his beloved Daisy pig and he did really well. Then afterwards we took him to a friends house to spend the night then grabbed something to eat and came home and crashed for awhile.

Sunny don't apologize about the CD's, I am just thankful I am going to get them. I am really lookig so forward to them. It sounded like you had such a nice day shopping and your outfit sounds cute. I hope you were able to get your shopping done today without getting too wet. I am hoping the best for you Father.

Sheila, Bluet and Bonnie2 how are you girls today?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:15 AM   #102  

Having a great time with gd Jenna, she is back to sleep so I'll post a little note
I didn"t get in any garden yet, rain rain rain!
dh mother called last night & her husband isn"t expected to live past a couple days,They are in Az. right now they go there winters. This is mother's 2nd husband. Allan's dad died a number of years ago. bye for now Bonnie2
Old 05-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #103  

Thank you all for the kind words of my family's loss. My daughter is doing a little better, & is back home. It will just take a little time. SunnyD....I hope I didn't bring up unpleasant memories for you....I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.

The festival went great!! We had a bad storm with a lot of rain around mid day, but, it cleared out & the sun shined again! Everyone just came inside the TV Station until it was over. We had 5 Bluegrass bands there & a large tent for the visitors. All kinds of food!!! While the storm was going on, one of the bands set up without mikes, etc & just played & sung like in the good ole days!

I had your CD's ready to mail, but I had a lot of people wanting my tapes & CD's, so ended up giving yours away. Sorry. I'll get to work on some more. I promise. I was just happy they wanted a CD of me singing! We were all so tired when it was over, but happy. I took pics....I'll try to post soon.

Bluet.......girl......you have me worried. You're going to get a call any day!!!! I know you were sick. Just hope you're not in the hospital. I should have already checked on you, but had my hands full with the festival, the business (all papers signed!), & my daughter...but, was praying for you...& still am!

Bonnie-2... I know you're enjoying Jenna. Give her lots of hugs.

Diane....I always enjoy those country events! I went to down to the shed today to bring up some of our summer clothes. Our three horses followed me a little too close. I got a strick to shoo them back. It looked like it hurt their feelings. I like them......at a distance. When I was a little girl, my younger sister & I took a horse & buggy ride at a little park in MI. The horse went wild & ran away with us! A young man finally was able to jump in & stop the horse. They had to get rid of that horse. The park owner asked my dad if he wanted his money back or a free ride for us. We were standing there bawling our eyes out, scared he was going to put us in another buggy. You don't want to know what my dad told that man!!!

Sheila...I see you're into herbs, also. We sell the pills, etc. Nature's Sunshine does the best! It's what really keeps the store going.
How's your dad? How's the house going now?

Hi SunnyD...How was your weekend? I'm afraid I haven't had a chance to go back & read a lot. I have missed all of you. Remember when I'm not around now, it's probably the store keeping me busy. I need to learn all I can about it. I know absolutely nothing! I did make all new signs for it....& got lots of compliments!

I'm going to go rest awhile. Everyone have a good Monday.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:08 AM   #104  

Good Morning All,

Sorry I have been gone from the forum for such a long time. I have been extremely busy this past week and before that I had no energy, because I was ill with that virus/sinus thing.

It is fiscal year end, insurance renewal time and the accountant is coming tomorow to finalize April, so I am busy, Last week I took Thursday and Friday off to help daughter next door with a humungous garage sale. The weather was cold and rainy and the sale didn't draw well, so we are going to have a redo on Wednesday. Hopefully the weather cooperates, if it would just warm up by 10 degrees it would help tremendously around here.

Charlotte, I am very sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. I wish I were closer so I could give you a hug.

I have to go and get some work done ladies, I am pretty far behind here in the office. I will check in later when things quiet down.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #105  

just have a few minutes but wanted to say thank you very much sunny for the beautiful music cd. I love it. so calming & great voices.
Allan's mother's husband is still hanging on. It is hard on her with her sugar & other medication, she didn't have with her & got sick she was in the hosp. also for 2 days to get the meds she needed & build her back up. She just wanted to be with dh so he wouldn't go & her not be by his side. must go THANKS AGAIN SUNNY D Bonnie2