Old 03-20-2005, 09:18 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun # 100

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TIME FOR SERIOUS FUNSTERS! TODAY IS OUR 100TH THREAD!

SUNDAY: Today is silly poll Sunday and here is our silly poll. Most of you are original members of the thread but what did you hope to get out of this thread when you joined and do you feel the thread provided what you wanted?

***PLEASE SEE AMANDA'S POST ON #99. SHE GOT IN HERE THIS MORNING BEFORE I DID.***

Amanda
Faye

GREAT JOB ON KEEPING ON AMANDA!

Boy, I am jubilant today. I am down lbs for this week bigtime, Texas Tech won their round in the NCAA tourney yesterday, and I had 6 4 pters this week!

As far as the poll, most of you know this thread was started because of some horrible stuff that happened on another thread with me, partly my fault for seeing the best in people and being stupidly naive, mostly not, but anyway. I have gained life long friends, comfort, encouragement and joy from being here everyday and what more could you ask for?

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 03-20-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:09 AM   #3  

MONDAY: today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is the other white meat. Actually, it is all things non beef. Try to get fish or seafood in your diet once a week or every other week at least, lean pork cuts are pretty lowfat, turkey, chicken are all excellent choices. Try something new. Eat something new this week.

Faye

DH convinced me to finishing watching that shark movie on tv last night so we didn't get to bed until 11 pm. I had unlocked the gate to our deck yesterday because I am expecting my grandson's Easter stuff from Barnes and Noble by UPS today. The little monsters next door, came onto the deck with our dog outside and left the gate standing wide open. Jack happened to look out and see them and ran them off, but we locked the gate back up so I had to come down and unlock it for the guy to deliver this morning. All of this, to tell you I will be back a little later I am going back to bed for awhile.

Faye
Old 03-21-2005, 03:20 PM   #4  

Hi everybody,
I'm all discombobulated schedule-wise today. I didn't sleep last night, and got up at 4:30 to write, and slept for 2 hours this afternoon....now I'm still sleepy. I have dance tonight which is good, cuz I ate waaayyy too much yesterday. Doing well w/ food today, though. And it's in the 40's! Woo hoooo.......melt, melt, melt.

Faye, sounds like your life is a barrell of laughs as usual

TTFN everybody,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #5  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is calcium! Many times we just don't get that calcium and when you are seniors, you end up with a dowager's hump or brittle bones. Get you calcium in every day girls with milk, cheese, yogurt and the like.

Faye

Check back in later

Faye
Old 03-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I've had 2 wobbly days with food due to TOM, but I'm determined to get back on track now. I'll be lucky if I'll have lost any weight at all this month, but I haven't gained and that is a real accomplishment. Now my TOM has arrived, I feel really ready to make a fresh start with my food and really get into weight loss mode again.

FAYE - You are doing so well! 6 4 point days is excellent, and now the weight is shifting - yay!

JULIE - Hope that snow continues to melt away and the Spring flowers will get to bloom soon.

Everyone else.........hello!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #7  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All - I have been MIA for a few days...my dh hurt his back again and this time it is really bad. He did it Thursday evening right before bed and was in unbearable pain all night, we were both up all night... I called the ER and they said to give him 4 advil every 4 hours, this did nothing to help him, he could not move...I was so scared, it made me crazy that I could do nothing to help him with this pain...the next day we called his Dr and he called in some steriod pills for the inflammation and some pain pills. He is able to get up and move around now, just very slowly. We have been to the Dr and he did some x rays and we are going to do an MRI this week...we are both hoping he does not have to have surgery, they say surgery is their last resort, I just want him to get better and be pain free ASAP...I have been so worried and stressed out over this...I am not really dieting at all, I am not going crazy and over eating I am just not counting any points and sticking to plan, I just cant focus on that right now when he needs my attention. So that is why I have not posted for a few days.

I don't have time for individual replies but I just wanted to check back in with you girls...have a great day...talk to you all later.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:32 AM   #8  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes so it is the day to get all your griping out!

Faye

Carri: You just take care of that hubby of yours and come back when he is all better and you feel better. Don't stress about your eating, you will be ok.

Amanda: Hope that ole TOM will be gone fast and you will feel fit as a fiddle

***FYI: TODAY IS MY LAST POST UNTIL TUESDAY MORE THAN LIKELY. WE ARE LEAVING TO GO TO MY SON'S FOR EASTER. EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT EASTER AND TAKE CARE TO EAT WELL!****

Faye
Old 03-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I'm back on track with my food (again!) and had a good 4 point day yesterday. I did 35 minutes on the exercise bike, sit ups and hand weights, aswell as a walk earlier. Now my TOM has come I feel like a cloud has lifted and I feel fighting fit! I am just so happy to be back on track and am looking forward to another losing streak!

FAYE - Enjoy your Easter break.

CARRI - Sorry that your dh is suffering - it must be awful to see your loved one in so much pain. I hope that the Xray and MRI turn out okay, although he does seem to have been suffering alot with it lately doesn't he?

I expect it will be a quiet few days with Easter and Faye away, but I'll keep checking in to keep us off page 2 if nothing else!

Love Amanda x
Old 03-24-2005, 08:39 AM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

*****BUMP!!!******

4 points for me yesterday!

Have a lovely weekend everyone

Love Amanda x
Old 03-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #11  
It is what it is...

Hi All, just checking in, thanks for all of the well wishes...I need your prayers today girls, dh is having his MRI done which will tell us exactly what has happened and what needs to be done, please pray that he does not have to end up having surgery.

Talk to you all later, I will keep you updated.

Take care!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in quickly. I'm doing well with my food, not so great with my water. I bought everyone in the family a tennis racquet for easter....we have a huge garage door that we can hit balls against.

Amanda--You're doing great hon! Keep it up!!

Carrie--Has your DH been to a chiropractor? PLEASE don't let him schedule back surgery before being checked over by someone other than an MD. Most back pain causes cannot be detected with xrays or mri...drugs don't help, either. And most back surgeries are a complete waste of time and money. I've been through it, my sister, My husband and mother and his father have all been through it. Seriously, people don't believe that chiropractors can really help...but they can. And for much much less money, time and pain that a regular doctor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Everyone else, have a great Easter weekend!
Julie
Old 03-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #13  

Hi everyone!

Sigh, another candy holiday.....I'm going to try to be good, but we have 3 kids and they get loads of candy.

I just finished 30 minutes of smacking a tennis ball against the garage--Joy! It's great exercise cuz I'm so BAD at it!! But I'm outside in the sunshine, and there's only a foot of snow

Everyone have a great easter and stay away from those jelly beans!

TTFN,
Julie
Old 03-25-2005, 12:46 PM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Well unfortunately I had a run in with an easter egg yesterday and the easter egg won! And at the store they had an offer of 'buy 2 get 1 free' - so I've still got another one going spare! Oh well, I don't normally bother with easter eggs which is why I've gone a bit mad this year!

I can't believe there is only 1 week left of March! I definately haven't lost any weight up to now - so I'll be happy as long as I haven't gained! I really have lost the plot with my eating this month - I've usually been off track for 3 or more days each week - but all the exercise I am doing has meant that I'm still toning up AND haven't put on any weight. I exercise - especially if it lets me get away with overeating once in a while!

Speaking of exercise, I'm really excited as I'm joining my local gym soon! It's quite a fancy one too, with a pool and everything! I was planning to join the cheaper council run gym in the town centre - but we worked out that if we included the bus fares to and from town 3 or 4 times a week, it actually costs the same , if not more! This new gym is a 5 minute walk away, so I reckon I'll be there almost every day. I'm excited but a little apprehensive about joining, because it's a big gym unlike the last one I went too which was tiny and for women only - but I'm just going to get the most out of it and enjoy myself.

CARRI - Hope everything is okay for your DH - I will pray for him.

JULIE - Just 1 foot of snow? Spring is definately on the way for you my dear!

Love Amanda x
Old 03-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Me again!

I got 4 points on Friday & Saturday -

The pool is open again after a weeks closure for repainting, so it was good to have a swim yesterday.

This week I'm attempting to cut my calories back from 1700 to 1600 - it may take a week to gradually cut down (especially with chocolate in the house!)

Hope you are all enjoying Easter

Love Amanda x