Old 04-17-2005, 09:55 PM   #16  

Default hi

hi singles! what a nice weekend! got a lot accomplished. it feels good to be productive instead of sitting around veggitating. i stayed at the new house last nite and it was soooo peaceful. i slept like a baby.

sheri - i hope you are fully recovered. you tired me out just reading your workout. now the shopping is my kind of exercise.

i have a long week ahead. i am having a rummage sale next weekend and i have a lot of organizing to do. sell, sell, sell.....less to move!

have a good week!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:55 PM   #17  

Hi all. Just a quick hello...things have been insane with my work schedule so I haven't had much time to get online anywhere. Hope all is well.
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:12 PM   #18  

Default hi

hi sheri - don't be working so hard your flu comes back. remember your body is still probably recovering. it's looking like me and you again. i don't understand why no one stays?

busy this week getting ready to rummage hopefully. i'm watching the weather. i got a "total gym" yesterday to add to my home gym for when i move. right now it is set up right smack in my living room. boy i tell you that is harder than it looks when christy brinkley and chuck norris are doing it. i did some last nite and i was sore today.

have a happy humpday!
kathy
Old 04-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corningkat
it's looking like me and you again. i don't understand why no one stays?
It's a mystery, kathy. I find it very frustrating. I think we all hit on it a few weeks ago when we were saying that people tend to drop off of boards like this when they aren't doing well because they don't want to "fess up." Still, I think that talking through a fall off the wagon is sometimes more helpful than keeping it a secret. I will admit that I don't ALWAYS feel up to talking through mine, but I don't stop coming to the board because of them.

Quote:
i got a "total gym" yesterday to add to my home gym for when i move.
Cool! I have seen the infomercial and always figured it HAD to be harder than it looks. I think it must depend a lot on your fitness level but also your weight, cuz if you are very heavy and you are pulling your body weight on that slider thing, I would think that would be a lot harder than little Christie Brinkley pulling HER body weight! hehe Let me know how it goes! Sore is good as long as it isn't debilitating sore!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:02 AM   #20  

Just thought I'd bump us back up to the first page since there hasn't been any activity in a few days.

I had a good workout yesterday...my usual Saturday thing...an hour-long step aerobics class that includes upper and lower body toning as well as a killer abs workout and then 1/2 hour of upper body weight training.

Since I had to work Monday, I got to take Friday as my off day instead. So I went to the gym Friday morning and did lower body weight training and some cardio. And today, Sunday, both the upper AND the lower are telling me I did something right. Ow. (grin)

It's a beautiful, though cool, sunny day here so, after a couple of cloudy/rainy days, I think I'm going to try to get out for a walk. Sunday is usually my off day from exercise but, because of my unusual work schedule earlier this week for a special media event, I did not get to work out for a couple of days so I'll try to get an another workout in today. Even if it's only 30 minutes, I will have done SOMEthing. And I need SOMEthing because I picked up a little weight this week from all the eating out I did...it was a VERY unusual week in regard to that!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:18 PM   #21  

Default hi

hi sheri! great job on the workouts!! how do you stay so motivated! i can't seem to get into a routine. i workout here and there. that total gym sure did make me sore yesterday. i was folding it up because of company coming and boy did i wack my chin really hard on it. it is all bruised and hurts something fierce. as for actually using it i tried the video that came with it and didn't care for it because i couldn't keep up. there was too much flip flopping for a beginner and by the time i changed an attachment and got in to position she was starting the next exercise. i think i will stick with the basics till i build some strength. and i agree with you about my weight vs. christy brinkleys...it does make it hard because i've had a few friends try it and some have a harder time than others. i looked at treadmills today to finish off my home gym for when i move. i actually miss my treadmill.

things are coming along in the moving department. a little at a time. i don't actually have a closing date yet. the lady who is buying is waiting to finish a few conditions of her loan. ( a home buying course) i'm thinking maybe mid-june but i think i am shooting for a may 15th moving day for me.

curiosity....what is it you do for a career?? sounds exciting. i work in a boring old shop, but it is very good money. couldn't ask for better without a degree.
have a great week!
kathy
Old 04-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corningkat
hi sheri! great job on the workouts!! how do you stay so motivated! i can't seem to get into a routine.
My plan each week is to work out 5 days out of 7. Last year, I was doing 6 days and started feeling resentful so I bumped it back to 5 and am doing much better with my mental attitude now. It's all about establishing a routine. Last spring, I worked hard to establish a routine of working out before work in the mornings. I thought it was going to kill me at first getting up at 5 or 5:30 a.m. and having to face that level of activity right out of bed (I am NOT a morning person) but I got used to it and now it is just habit. The alarm goes off and I roll right out of bed and into my workout clothes. My schedule usually goes like this most weeks:

Monday: Either cardio & lower body weight training at the gym (total 1 1/2 to 2 hours), or 1 to 1 1/2-hour power walk outside if nice (off work Mondays).
Tuesday: 30 minutes of abs work at home before work.
Wednesday: 45 minutes of cardio at home before work.
Thursday: 30 minutes of upper body weights at home before work.
Friday: Off
Saturday: 30 minutes of upper body weight training at the gym followed by a 1-hour intense step aerobics class and sometimes followed by another 30 minutes of cardio.
Sunday: Off.

I guess the bottom line answer on how I stay motivated is that I have seen such incredible improvements in muscle tone, body firming, endurance and even in my bone density that I know it is the right thing to do for my body (my bone density scan at age 52 was better than the baseline I had done at age 47! I think that's pretty amazing and so does my doctor).

Quote:
curiosity....what is it you do for a career?? sounds exciting.
I work for the Federal Government. Every Government agency has to write regulations outlining how their programs work...how you qualify for them, what paperwork is required, etc. I read the regulations my agency writes and make sure they are technically correct--in other words, I'm sort of a technical editor. I am also the head of the regulatory affairs section of my agency which involves a lot of other tasks.

It's not exciting at ALL but last week I got involved in something outside my usual job because they needed an extra body and that was pretty exciting. I got to meet a lot of media people and see Denise Austin and be involved in something that was on the news (the new food guide pyramid that was announced last week). Exciting but glad it was only a few days.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #23  

Default hi

that sounds interesting to me. at least it's not repititous.(your job, that is)

i guess i will have to establish a routine when i move. the first thing i would like to see for myself is to be more flexible. i am so stiff when i wake in the mornings.

got my rummage items all priced tonite. what a long task. i just hope all the junk goes.

have a good humpday!
kathy
Old 04-28-2005, 07:03 PM   #24  

Default hi

hi! just giving us a bump up. hope all is well!
kathy
Old 04-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #25  

Yea, all is well...it's ust been an especially busy week at work. Wednesday was one of those days...very stressful...lost my temper...hate when that happens! But I'm keepin' on keepin' on...glad it's Friday.

Enjoy your weekend, Kath!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #26  

Just bumping us up...hope Kathy (and anyone else who may be lurking) is having a great weekend! Been rainy and gray here.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #27  

Default hi

hi sheri! the time has come. i am going to be offline for a couple of weeks at least. i should be back online after the 15th sometime. maybe we can just take a break and start a new thread with some newer catchy name when i come back. just an idea.

not much new here. i have been busy, busy moving. you know how much fun that is. i will catch you in a couple of weeks. if i get a chance i will pop in on my friends computer sometime. take care in the meantime!!!
kathy
Old 05-03-2005, 08:24 AM   #28  

Best of luck with the move, Kathy!! I'll miss you.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #29  

Default i'm back

hi sheri! i'm finally back online. i was beginning to have withdrawals. i have to use boring ol' dial-up now and i was having problems. my computer was in the shop for a week.

i am all moved, not very organized ,but moved. i still have a lot of work to do.

i have started my daily walk again. i walk down my hill and back. it is about 1.5 miles. not much, but a start and i am feeling better doing it. i am out in the boonies now so i can't just jump in the car and go a block to any fast food. that is a good thing. i've got the mowing thing down. it takes about 2.5 hours to get it done, so that is quite the project. i will certainly be busy.

how are things with you?? doesn't look like anyone has visited here. maybe we should come up a new name???
kathy
Old 05-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #30  

Hey Kathy, welcome back! Yea, I must admit I've been neglecting the ol' singles thread while you were gone cuz no one ever seems to post but the two of us. Maybe we need a catchier title or a new focus, I dunno!

Congrats on the move...wow, that mowing sounds like a job and a half! Good exercise though I bet? Or do you have a rider? Good job on the walk and I know what you mean about it being good not to be close to fast food. I live right next to a McD's and about a block away from a Wendy's. Not good! Esp. in nice weather when I'm driving with the windows open on the way home from work and smell those fries. WHooooaa! hehe

Last edited by SheriaVa; 05-17-2005 at 04:21 PM.