Old 07-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #136  

Hello all!

Getting ready to head off for another vacation……go out of tow for two days fro work, then leave on Thursday for a long weekend in Myrtle Beach with my boyfriend…..he is there on business…so I am joining him. Really looking forward to time relaxing and fresh seafood!!!!

Kathy….Ooooooo too many cocktails LOL ……been there done that!!!

So where do I meet men….well actually right here on the internet…..I have been doing the personals on and off for 4 years……I met one guy at a bar that I went out with…he ended up driving me around town with a suspended license……he didn’t call me for a month, but called again we he was released from jail for driving without a license…needless to say I never went out with him again. I have to say that with very few exceptions, the men I met on the personal site have been nice decent men. I like that I can get to know them a bit before I actually meet them. I have never felt unsafe about it…..I think it is a good alternative…works for me at least. But I have been dating someone for a year now…..so not out looking right now.

Well I have lost 9 lbs., and am over half way to my goal…..not sure I will make it, but I will try my hardest….wanted to be done to 230 by Aug 8th……I don’t think this trip will be a problem with the seafood, so I will give it my all!!!! Have a good week!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #137  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Good evening all! Thanks for the warm welcomes. I was up a pound at weighin today. Had a bad eating day yesterday so I had a pretty good idea that I had sabotaged myself. Trying not to beat myself up too much and have a good day tomorrow.

As for meeting guys....jeez, it's been awhile. I did match.com about a year and a half ago. I only ended up meeting 2 guys in person. One was very very nice, but we just didn't have any chemistry. The other I dated for a couple of months and slowly I began to realize he was a whack-o. I had never dated anyone who was emotionally abusive before so I didn't see it for what it was right away. Once I realized what was going on, I gave him the heave-ho, but I was still pretty wounded. Have given up on the dating scene since then. That is a very bad habit of mine....becoming a hermit for long periods of time after a bad experience. I admire those who can get right back up on that horse.

lilybutt - Thank you for your kind remarks about my kitty. She is a sweet little girl, that is for sure. She is the first cat I've ever had. She was one of a litter my dad had for barn cats at his ranch and I ended up taking her home. That was 5 years ago. My dog wasn't too thrilled at the time, but they get along and play and wrestle with each other now so he got over it.

Time for me to hit the rack. Need my beauty rest.
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #138  

Default hi

hello singles! i gained 1.75 at my tops meeting last nite. i'm not despairing. i did commit to be a team captain in a fitness challenge so now i have no choice but to get up and move. i just finished 2 miles on a watp video. it feels invigorating since i haven't move much lately.

sheri - as for meeting guys, i have no luck either. mostly my friends are always trying to hook me up but it never works out. they mean well though.

lilybutt - have fun on your vacation. the beach is the thing i miss most about connecticut. it is my favorite place to be. i think very clearly and feel the most relaxed in the salty air.

well, i'm off to relax, then hit the hay. have a good humpday!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:32 AM   #139  

Don't have much to share...just thought I'd pop in and say hi! Hope you all have a great day. Have a wonderful vacation, lilybutt!
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #140  
Staying present

Lilybutt: what sites have worked for you? I have tried eHarmony and met a few nice guys... but no chemistry. I'm also overly-sensitive about my weight so I'm guarded. How do I get over that? I'm isolating myself - I just can't fathom that someone would take an interest in me (being overweight).

I hope all of you are doing well.
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:48 PM   #141  

Wander...no real time to post...leaving in th AM for vacatin...but will answer later! See you all next week!
Lilybutt
Old 07-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #142  

Happy Friday, all! Wishing you a marvelous weekend.

I guess it's about time we think of moving to Singles #5 thread, eh?

I think we had been flipping over once we got up to 6 or 7 pages and we're up to 10 pages at this point. Hope we won't lose the newbies but, as always, I will put links in both ways (i.e., linking old thread to new and new to old, for those who want to read more about us and our history).
Old 07-17-2005, 08:49 PM   #143  

Default hi

hi singles! another weekend over. this one wasn't so exciting for me. i worked all weekend. had to get as much OT in as i could for vacation next week. the rest of the time i spent mowing and cleaning house for my mother's pending arrival on tuesday. i am pooped from all this work.

i talked to my aunt(who is giving me the grand tour of NYC next week) and we are going to see all the usual sites and i am going to see the yankees vs. twins. i can't wait to see derek jeter in action. i get goose bumps just thinking about it. anyways, i am not sure when i will get back to check in because i will busy with my mom this week and on vacation next so keep things going strong.

sheri - i think you are right about a new thread and as usual we thank you for starting it.

have a great week!
kathy
Old 07-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #144  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust
Lilybutt: what sites have worked for you? I have tried eHarmony and met a few nice guys... but no chemistry. I'm also overly-sensitive about my weight so I'm guarded. How do I get over that? I'm isolating myself - I just can't fathom that someone would take an interest in me (being overweight).

I hope all of you are doing well.
I put up a free ad at "overweightdate.com"... (I was in this phase where I wanted to date again for a while - recently though that's worn off). I figured at least I wouldn't have to worry about my weight being an issue on a site like that. I got a lot of responses but nobody that really interested me so far. One thing about the site that annoys me is that people from "other interest groups" can do a search for results from "all" of the different interest groups....... so like, I got some people that had joined "military singles" or some other types of singles groups and they didn't realize that I was on "overweightdate" -- so they didn't know I was overweight. So uh yeah that was awkward explaining that .. and of course military guys are all buff.

Family Guy is on.. wuuhoo!!
cuqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:34 PM   #145  

Hello all.....

Back from Vacay again!!!! Had a great time with the BF in Myrtle Beach..but jeez it was hot!!!! Stayed in the air conditioning during the day and went out at night. Ate WONDERFUL seafood......crab, grouper, mahi mahi, more crab, and drank some wine. Had a midnight walk on the beach...very romantic!!!! But back now and back on my plan and restarting the exercise.....walked 3 miles yesterday and got two blisters! Jeez...that is what I get for walking in sandals! Okay...maybe the Y and stationary bike today!

Good to read everyone's posts and a big welcome to all!!!!

Not going to weigh right now...going to wait until I am back on track for a few days! Well the laundry awaits!!!!

About the dating.....I have had the best luck on Yahoo Personals of all places...seems so generic!!! But met nice average men there. Had a few one night dates and no calls afterward.....you really need to have thick skin to do the dating thing!!!! But dated one guy for 4 months until I realized he really wanted to marry his mom.....and I am not anyone's mother!!!!! I ended that and met my ex fiancé...I know EX.....but it was a year and a half relationship that he ended to go back to "finish things" with an ex of his....hmmmmmm...it has been a year now and he still hasn't "finished things"...Good Riddens! I met my new BF on Yahoo also....I guess I like the chatting online first for a month or so before I meet him.....seems I get to know them by then and actually meeting them is easy! As far as the weight issue goes....I am honest and if they get turned off right away...then I know that they are not interested in me, but in a "body" and I am MUCH more than that!!! so I know very soon! I do think that the 40+ set does see things a little different than maybe the younger crowd, but I could be wrong there. I did start a chat with a guy that I knew would not be interested in me after we met.....he was into fitness and biking, talked alot about "sexy fit bodies" I told him he would not like me based on that...but he insisted we meet....so I did and about laughed when he saw me.......we went out for ice cream...he "forgot" his wallet at home and I ended up buying LOLOLOL...then went for a ride and talked....the talk was interesting and we actually had a lot in common......he dropped me back home and sent me some websites we had talked about and dropped of the face of the earth! LOLOLOL...I emailed him and thanked him for the websites and talk...but he never responded.....again....I laughed I knew he wouldn't be interested!! So I moved on!!!!!

Later Lilybutt
Old 07-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #146  
Staying present

Unhappy

Thanks for the input on dating websites girls. I'm not sure it's for me - but I'm glad to hear it's working.

I'm feeling really lonely right now.... like it's reached it's fever pitch. My birthday is in a few days and it feels very empty... like I should be somewhere other than here struggling (as always) with my weight, single, no family of my own... whereas all my friends have husbands, babies, new homes... I keep thinking it (all) will get better and it hasn't...

I'm just very very tired of working so hard for everything...
Old 07-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #147  

Lily: I can't believe that bit about him forgetting his wallet! GEEZ! What a maroon! It makes me nuts when you tell guys that you aren't their cup of tea but they insist on meeting you anyway...cuz we always end up getting our feelings hurt in some respect in the end. GRR.

Wander: I'm sorry you're feeling lonely...I know it can suck. But you know what? I'm 52 1/2 and never married and haven't even had a boyfriend in 7 years...and I survive. I have a nice life...it's not the wildest most fun life a person could have, but it's a quality life. I know it's hard, but try not to feel like your life can't begin until you have a man or a baby. Life is short. Live it now so you won't regret it later!

I so know what you mean about working so hard for everything, though. Here I am telling other people I work with how to eat healthy and exercise and they are having success implementing my suggestions...and yet here I am still plateauing. It makes me NUTS!!! But I hang in there because the alternative is gaining the 30 pounds back and I don't want that!

Hang in there, girl!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #148  

Oh ya…..I have other dating stories…..There was the guy who picked me up for a first date and drove me around…then didn’t hear from him for over a month….when he called I found out that he had been in the county jail for getting caught for driving without a license ( lost it because of drunk driving). Well I did give him another chance, but drove this time, but it just wasn’t there so I told him I wouldn’t see him again. LOLOLOL

Wander….I know it is hard, but being alone does not equal loneliness…..some of my most lonely times have been in bad relationships…at this time I would rather be alone than in a bad relationship. I am dating someone right now…..but he travels a lot and works long hours on occasion, so I use my time alone to focus on me. I consider these times to really buckle down and stick to the diet and exercise. When he leaves for a week at the end of the week, I am going to a concert with a girl friend, out for drinks with a male friend, clean my house and read some books I want to read. I really do cherish my time alone. I am 43 and it took me a while to get to this place in life, but I love it here. I went to Europe with a girl friend this summer….something I NEVER would have done had I been in my past relationships…..wouldn’t leave for 2 weeks or have the money to do so!!!! I have a variety of friends I do different things with…married w/ children, married w/o children, single in relationships, single not in relationships, and even male friends to hang out with….I do understand how you feel, it is hard, very hard, but focus on what YOU really want to do….hire a personal trainer, get a facial, get a massage, go for a walk, read, get your nails done, treat yourself with kindness!!!!

Lilybutt
Old 07-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #149  
Staying present

Thank you for your postings ladies!!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #150  

Default hi

hi singles! my last check in before vacation. my mom got here and loves all the things i did with the house so all my hard work paid off. she is having a hard time being here without my dad though.

i've been busy all week getting ready for my trip. went to fashion bug and got a couple outfits tonite. i am really beginning to hate shopping anymore. it's a total drag with the weight i have gained the last year. but i guess as long as i am not going without i can't complain too much.

wanderlust - happy bday early!!!

as for dating, i agree with shere. i do get lonely sometimes but i'm not letting that stop me anymore. i can have fun without a man at my side. actually, i think i have more fun without one.

well, have a good week and keep things going around here. if i get bored anytime while i am sitting around my uncle's house i'll check in.
kathy