Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #61  

http://www.picturetrail.com/dianals

maybe this link will work...if it sends you to a password area, it is ~chicks then go to my album...HAG! if not, I will figure it when I get back...

Last edited by DianaLS; 04-07-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #62  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

he's adorable, Diana! I wish I were good at crafts. I did a little drawing and stuff in highschool (loved art class), I like it for the fun of it (the results are a little lacking!) I had a raggedy ann, store bought, when I was a kid. Your niece is going to LOVE that!

Kimberley, I'd think sauerkraut would keep pretty well, as long as it's refrigerated. It's pickled cabbage. But I'm no expert on that! One of the best hot dogs I've ever had hands down was when I was on a layover in Cincinnati. Can't remember the name of the hot dog place. So, I'm thinking the midwest has the all time best dogs.

I just got a package in the mail from my mom, with about 10 different careers I might enjoy. Each has 2-3 pages of details about the job, where you get hired, the money involved, the schooling involved. Aimee

your mom is awesome. Good luck on the interview today. I agree with Kimberley that you have a great spirit, that will bring good things your way. Glad the teeth price turned out better than expected. Almost nobody offers dental anymore in this country. I was still in college when I had my wisdom teeth pulled and my dad's insurance still covered me. If I told you how much my boss just spent on his teeth -- I'll just say it's in the 5 digits, and that's not counting after the decimal point.

Jill, I've gained more than 1 lb from *looking* at a doughnut Sometimes when I'm overtired, I tend to want to eat goodies. Especially stuff like chocolate cake, cakes, doughnuts and cookies. (Those Lu cookie commercials they show here in the evening are killer btw.) Sometimes when I'm stressed I do that too.

Bf is sulking this morning after a discussion we had last night. Right as Boone died on Lost too! Nothing like a little drama to get my blood pumping.

Here's a pic of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, where we hang out in the spring and summer, sometimes fall. (If anyone wants me to resize any pics so you can post them, send them to [email protected].)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg botanic garden brooklyn.JPG (12.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 04-07-2005 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #63  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

That picture reminds me a lot of the Japanese Garden at Dawe's Arboretum here in Newark. Here's one I took a few years back at sunset in the fall.

Not much on words today yet...Killer headache again. I'm really sick of 'em.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dawes jap 01.jpg (33.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #64  

Smile Hey all...

Well, finally hee...whew...had a busy day.Did my work-out this morning after a kind-of argument with MIL online ...she tries to get me to listen to all the hate she spews forth about her ex hubby which is my FIL and my DH's father, so I told her I have heard enough, that she should deal with it through her lawyer, and all that jazz, and she will not make us hate him, it is between them...then I went and took out my frustartions at the gym, lol
it gets to be a but much sometimes...
We then went out for Fish fry for lunch, which is bad but sooooo good...so for dinner am making some tuna pasta salad...
Jil~ maybe you unconsciously have a lot on your mind and this is why you are missing sleep, I know this happens to me from time to time..It will be good to have your friend visit and chill for a couple of days! And, I LOOOOOOVE Cheesecake, that is my ultimate fave dessert, and I make it every year at Christmas...YUMMMMMM...making my MIL's fave carrot cake for her bDay next Tues...I make it 3 layers with lots of cream cheese frosting, it is my mom's recipe tht I have tweeked a bit and everyone wants me to make it for them...It is very VERY fattening, so we will take to her and leave it there, she can eat it all ( after we have a piece, ) or take it to work and share it...

Marge~I miss this hot dog place in Ohio that has amazing hot dogs, it is only open during the Summer, it is this tiny rinky-dink place, I think the name is Sudsy's or something like that, there is also a place open all year that has really good ones Called Rudy's...They have these hot dogs here that are tiny, you get 6 of them, and they even come with tiny buns...They are okay, but too greasy. Ahhh, a footlong,, loaded up, YUMMMMM! And Ty about my baby and my dolly, the dolly actually looks like her too which is funny, am making my other niece a bear for her grduation with a cap and gown she can take to school with her when she goes. The Botanical gardens look really nice, and I will take you up on the picture offer, Hopefully you can get mine down to the right size, on my PC if I try, they come out all distorted...will be sending you a couple when I take them of my house ...

Kimberley~ That place looks beautiful too...Wish we had a place like that close by, sigh! Hope you start to feel better soon...

BBL all, HAGD!

Last edited by DianaLS; 04-07-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I'm awake, I think. I had a rough night, was up sick until about 2:45am, and then Josh got up at 4:15 for work (he's filling in for someone this week). I slept until 9:30am, and was SO tired I went back to sleep around 11am, until 11:45 when the stupid phone rang.. grrr.. and then I was still SO tired, I went back to sleep until 12:45pm. I just feel... ugh. But I have to get all excited about this interview.. this is MY job, and I need to get it. Alright? ALRIGHT!

In the middle of the night I got fed up and started writing.. I wrote about 5 pages of that Fabulous stuff I've been talking about. My mom and I talked about the idea of putting together stuff, and possibly writing a book. I don't HAVE to write one, but we both agreed I should write everything down at least.

Jill - I'd come and spank you, but I ate far worse.. heh. My view on "cheating" like that is you should have room in your diet for the occational slip up, or whats the point. You will recover, and 1 pound? ONE POUND? I wish! I'd put on like 5, I'm like Marge, I just look at certain junk food and gain weight.

If it's confession time.. I should fess up. I'm barely eating, maybe 1 meal a day. SO unhealthy, I'm barely drinking water, I'm taking rolaids because the food I am eating is making me SO sick. I'm thinking I'm going to go steam some broccoli for lunch. This morning I got up and ate some yogurt, and no sugar has passed these lips so far.

Marge - I sent you a picture to resize.. And I will try and take pictures today, if it stops raining, stupid rain. I keep missing Lost, I've been watching America's Next Top Model.. and never think that Lost is on at the same time until afterwards. Who is Boone again? and how/why did he die? Or was that one of those times where you think they die.. but they don't?

Kimberley - I hope your headache goes away... I just can't stand headaches.. my whole world feels so confined. Feel better soon

I'm going to go finish making some steamed broccoli and then hop in the shower. And then I should be off to my interview. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll come home with a job offer!

-Aimee
Old 04-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #66  

Talking

hey there...aww, Aimee, ss you are sick, but we all are pulling for u to get the job!!! I forgot too, I m addicted to Lost...Boone is the one who was in love with his Step-sister ( she is the spoiled blonde) and she is now with the Iraque guy, who is MIGHTY sexy if I say so myself....I love that show, and the baby was born last night too, she had a boy...hmmm think that is it...BBL

Last edited by DianaLS; 04-07-2005 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling is el STINKO
Old 04-07-2005, 05:24 PM   #67  

How and why did Boone die? I liked him too..

My tummy is doing backflips.. partly due to eating terribly lately.. and then this interview. I finally decided on wearing black dress pants, my black and pink Steve Madden shoes (soooo cute), a baby pink satin trimmed top, with a wool cardigan type sweater. I think I look pretty cute, I just couldn't find the traditional blouse and dress pant combo, but I'm going for cute, classic and better dressed than how people dress in the store. I read somewhere to dress 1 level above the place you are applying, because if you dress TOO good it's not a good thing, but if you dress like they do, also not a good thing. Who knew this job stuff was so complicated.

Do you guys notice I always seem to not be feeling good? That means I'm not eating right, it sucks.. my body is SO sensitive, I really have to be careful what I put in it. But it's hard sometimes, yah know? Alrighty! I am off. Be good!

-Aimee

P.S. Diana - spelling is el stinko? you are too funny!

Last edited by SwimGirl; 04-07-2005 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Diana's spelling is el stinko!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #68  

It went SOOOO good. They are looking for a 3rd key holder, which is the type of position I am looking for She was so nice, and we chatted, and have things in common, and it went well. She is going to check my personal references, all the companies I've worked for don't give references. I'm excited!

-Aimee
Old 04-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #69  

WTG Aimeee, Hope you got it, will keep my fingers crossed 4 ya...I know, with me, I could always tell when the interview worked in my favor...You sound like yours was very promising, hope you get it!!!! Boone was out in the woods with that John guy ( bald older guy who was crippled b4 the crash) and they found this other plane wreck, well, Boone climbed up inside of the plane and it crashed to the ground, and he had a broken leg and multiple internal injuries from it, and to make a long story short, he died
and, on that note, hitting th hay...get some soup in ya, or something substantial to get yourself healthy...and get some rest..
Okay, bb tomorrow, HAGN all! I feel my TOM coming on, my ankles are swelling, always a sign, UGH!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #70  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Hey, ladies - here I am bringing in the late night posts, as usual. Wish there was a smiley for a nightowl. Guess the closest would be this little since she's going "oooo". I mean, that's close to "hooo". Right? But not really, no.

That was my Ellen Degeneres immitation above, there.

I'm telling you, that carrot cake sounds wonderful. And cheesecake! Oh, man. I need to come up with some really good low-fat/low-cal desserts.

Aimee, glad to hear your interview went well today! Got everything crossable crossed for ya. Now you listen to all us mother hens and start eating right. Get some nutrition in that body as soon as you feel better. Don't make us come out there!

Two Ultracet worked wonders on the headache and I felt decent by early evening. Happy thing, too, because my MIL asked if I wanted to go to the YMCA and swim with her. For a split second, I hesitated, "Oh! Uhhhhhhh" and then said, "Sure!". We were there for a little over an hour, and I spent 45 minutes of that either treading water or swimming. It felt so good!

Tomorrow's weigh-in day and I feel positive about it. My MIL's scale said 230, which would be a 4.5 pound loss this week. Wouldn't that be awesome? All that water weight finally gone, along with a real pound or two. And it's also Egg McMuffin day...Our weekly treat. Melty cheese...Mmmmmm.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:15 AM   #71  

I'm awake Kimberley!! Weigh in day for you, I'm excited, I have to live vicariously through you guys.. I am not feeling the whole diet thing. Today started out GREAT, yogurt, steamed broccoli, and then Burger King, and WAY later followed by a DQ blizzard. Ugh. Tomorrow is a new day! My brother is on his way over, from Seattle. He's just staying the night, he's heading to the island, Victoria to be specific tomorrow. I am frantically trying to clean my house.. sorta.. lol. He is coming next weekend to stay here, so I'll do a good clean this coming up week, his girlfriend is coming on the weekend.. and she made a comment on my house last time she was here. Poop, eh?

It feels really good to be back in the pool eh Kimberley? I can't imagine how good it would feel for me.. better than sex

Alrighty, so whats it going to take to get me back on plan? Josh and I will do a grocery shop in the next couple of days, which will make a huge difference. I really have to start fueling my body for this upcoming 10km. I'm just babbling.. I am off to go do some more cleaning.. have a great night

-Aimee
Old 04-08-2005, 06:45 AM   #72  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I SO have to clean my place, too. It's quite the disaster. I thought it would stay clean since all I do is sleep there--I'm never really around to make a mess. But no, in the 10 minutes between coming home at night and going to sleep, I can tear the place to shreds I think it's cuz I'm in such a rush to get to sleep--I get home and kick my shoes off and just start taking off my clothes and tossing them wherever they land (TMI, I know, but it's part of why my apartment's so messy ), take the dirty clothes out of my gym bag, fill it with new gym clothes and a clean uniform for the restaurant job, then I clean out my lunch bag (containers in the dishwasher, ice packs in the freezer, etc.), then throw my lunch for the next day together...so in that 10 minutes, all **** breaks loose

Guess what--I SLEPT ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT! I was asleep by 11:30pm and did not wake up until my alarm went off at 4:50am. Still not a lot of sleep, but SO much more than I have been getting lately.

So I found out I have a meeting at my restaurant at 9am on Saturday. A Saturday morning meeting--AAAARGH! That is my time to catch up on me week's sleep! My friend from college is supposed to be arriving around 10am on Saturday, so now I won't even be home when she gets here. Jeff is coming over tonight, though, so he will be around to at least let her in.

I think the reason I only ended up gaining a pound is that whan I am here at home and working the hectic schedule and stuff, I stick to the diet and exercise routine REALLY well. This is only during the week, when I have the routine to stick to. I think the steady routine is what keeps me in check. Aside from the donut/danish incident earlier this week, I pretty much religiously stick to 1400-1500 calories a day plus do 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the recumbent bike in between jobs, and then I am running around the restaurant all night (I still have not eaten anything at the restaurant!). I also drink nothing but water (occasionally a diet pepsi) at my first job, then Minute Maid Light lemonade (5 calories per serving) while I'm at the restaurant (their water is kinda gross, so I figured the low-cal lemonade would be better for me than the diet coke--though I'd much rather have Sprite! ). Hopefully I can keep this all up--without the donut splurges--and I will actually see some success for a change. I just have to be careful about my weekends...I always go out to eat at least once with Jeff (usually Friday night), and this weekend with my friend, I'll have to make sure I don't go overboard. I can do this...
Old 04-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #73  

GM all a quickie b4 I start my day...Got a sore throat this morning, am hoping it is just my sinuses due to the weather change, still it bites...Speaking of Better than sex...My mom makes this cake called Better than Sex...It is to die for...Good thing she lives in Fla...I would be in trouble, lol...Kimberley you are so very funny...and poor Jill, how dare they cut into your sleep time, but, at least you slept last night, that's great...well, gotta get dressed, tie my hair back and go..BBL and hag1 all!

Last edited by DianaLS; 04-08-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #74  

Default Gmorning again!!!

Just got done working out...whew ! Okay... Time to ask your opinions...and since I have no friends here, you are it, lol...at least no one who comes out of their houses...okay...My MIL...She still picks me up to go with her. which is fine, until today..today I got very annoyed, so I need to know, is it me, or did I have a right to be? yesterday she went at a different time than me, and actually, I liked it, but that's just me ...I guess when she went, the woman there told her she should work at each station longer since she was alreeady in shape..Where as I go around like everyone else, 30 seconds each machine and walking station...she told her to stay for close to a minute per station, and still go around 2 times, and she showed her how to use the hula hoop...well, I went around twice and even added 2 extra machines in there so basically went around over 2 times...So I was done, and sat and waited and waited and waited for her, in the meantime, all these women were coming in and asking me why I was waiting etc, kind of embarrassing since they probably thought I should be working out or leaving ...then she did the Hula hoop( it is weighted with 5#s and cushioned) for a few mins...so basically I had to wait for her for almost 10 mins( if I would not have thrown in the extra time at 2 machines would have been longer)...If I was in my own vehicle I would have left...no biggie...so, I got annoyed, does this mean I am wrong to get annoyed, or should I have waitied patiently ? I am going to just meet her there if she wants to go in the mornings, if she asks why I will tell her she is there longer than me...I mean, she is thin, she has been walking over 5 miles a day for 2 years, etc...so for her, this is really no big deal...to me, who needs to get back in shape and lose another whole person, it is a big deal and I am proud of myself for sticking with it, but I also know, that, if this continues, I will continue to be annoyed, and will start to make up excuses to not go...I don't know...but, this is yet another reason why I like doing things like this by myself.. I like doing them in my own pace, when I want...I will save the hula hoop for my home, when they get some more in, anyhow, just don't feel like doing that there...GRRRRRRR!!!! okay, B session is done...sorry had to vent, but, really what do you all think? Please be honest...

Last edited by DianaLS; 04-08-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #75  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Diana- I went to curves a couple years ago... I Was 324 when I started there, anyway, I asked if I could go around more than 2 times or work longer at the machines and I was told it was not beneficial for your body. The guy that designed the program intended for you to get a full workout in 30 minutes and doing more than that isn't good for your muscles. If you want to do an extra walk or sit-ups or something at home that's cool but the resistance machines at curves are supposed to be used as fast as you can push yourself for the 30 seconds!

Amiee- When should you know about the job?!
Closed Thread