Old 04-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle,
Gosh, wish I had the money to get me a system and DDR. Everyone says its a blast. Maybe I can talk my dh into it sometime. Maybe for my birthday.

Aren't animals just the funniest things. My cat gagged and choked and acted like I was killing her with her meds. At least this time around they gave me a liquid instead of pills and it went down easier. She's had many many uti infections...mostly because I wasn't able to finish her prescriptions. The last 2 times the little stinker took off and stayed gone for 4 days. She just hung outside and anytime you'd get near her, she'd run off. She's lucky this time because my dh wanted to find her a new home to save our brand new carpet. She got a reprieve.

Well I better go and get something done. Talk to you later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 03:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Woohoo! Had my weigh in this morning, and got to change my tracker! I lost 2 more pounds...the 220s are almost outta here!
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #18  
Focus on the Process

WAY TO GO JEN!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #19  

Congrats, Jenn! I am really looking forward to seeing those 220s since I've been stuck in the 230s for so long now. Of course, it's better than being in the 240s where I started

Chris, I used to have a cat with chronic kidney problems so I know what you are going through. When I moved to PA to be with my boyfriend (now husband), he was willing to take on a lot, but not a cat that was going to pee all over new carpet. It was hard for me to give up my cat because I want to rescue every animal I see (which is why I had 7 cats, 3 dogs, iguanas, rats, etc.), but I could understand. My parents have a very old cat now who is driving them nuts with peeing all over the house. My mom was so upset about the idea of putting her to sleep (she's too old to go through the trauma of being taken to a no-kill shelter) that my dad just told her they could replace all of the carpet when she dies on her own.

My husband had a PS2, and we bought the DDR Max 2 game for my daughter. She prefers karaoke (which is hilarious to play with my tonedeaf friends at parties). You could probably get the PS2 system used from one of those game stores that sells used games and systems fairly inexpensively.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #20  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-Sounds like your dad is a heck of a guy. It's sad to see your pets get old and such. My dad had 12 cats and he has 2 left. He says when they are gone, he's not getting anymore. He's had to put them to sleep from old age, diabetes, Feline Luekemia, etc. It's hard. His oldest one is 18 yrs old and the next is 12. Not one of them was under 16 yrs. old when he had to put them to sleep. We had a cat at our warehouse and we had to put him to sleep last year. I was so upset. I was crying...pretty sure my dad did too when no one saw. I had to help put him in his cat carrier and that was sooo hard.

My sister has a karaoke game for her xbox. Everyone loves to play that one. I won't...scared to death to be that "tone deaf" person everyone makes fun of.... I'm so self-conscious.

Anyhow...I just had to check who got voted off American Idol real quick and get off here....See ya in the morning.

~chris

p/s has your mom tried lowering the sides of the catbox or putting it nearer so the little honey doesn't have to walk so far. My dad cut the catbox down for the shop kitty (BJ). Kind of reminded me of going through a carwash. He'd walk in one side, do his business and walk out the other side. He'd hurt his leg by falling off a box and so he couldn't get around and couldn't lift his legs (also had arthritis really bad). He had the little old man shuffle going on. He was in alot of pain and nothing was helping...that had him on pills and tried various suggestions from the vet and nothing helped.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:47 AM   #21  
I will suceed!!!

Well, I exercised my butt off this week, on top of moving, and my body is paying for it now! But it feels great! How weird is that?

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Any April fools pranks out there? A friend of mine pulled a doozy of one on me, but it backfired on him. He's a friend that I talk to online, and he told me that he had to confess he wasn't who he said he was. And though, at first I didn't believe him, he did a very good job of convincing me. By the time he finished, I was in tears. He did this on the day my seperation had become official, and after a week of very little sleep. So, I was emotional. I feel bad, cause I made him feel about an inch tall when I told him it wasn't funny at all. Anyway, I gotta go to bed.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #22  
Shake Your Booty!

starting a new thread~
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote