Old 04-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #91  

Good morning beautiful ladies!
I am doing well. I rolled my fat body over the treadmill for 75 minutes and 4.5 miles today. Next week I am going to add weight lifting 3 days a week as well. I almost don't want to because I don't want to see those muscle gain pounds on the scale, lol. However, I know that if you gain 2 pounds of muscle and don't change any of your eating habits, you would lose 30 pounds in a year!! Muscle burns way more calories than fat just to stay alive. So, I feel that my exercise is going well. HOWEVER, I feel depressed about my food. I would really like to be around 1300 calories per day, but lately I've been above that. Yesterday I had 1545, and in the last week or I've had my four highest caloric days since I started in January. What is my problem?!? It's so frustrating. I just feel SO hungry lately. Argh!

Anyway, enough self pity. To get my water in I put four water bottles in the fridge and I have to drink them all during the day. They total 80 ounces, so that is TONS of water. I don't mind getting too much water, though, because I eat less when I drink a lot. One of the things I have learned about my body since beginning this is that I often eat because I am thirsty. My body will get the fluid any way I can get it...food or drink. However, I'd rather have water than a piece of chocolate cake!!! Another thing I've learned is to tell when I am actually hungry or not. A lot of times I eat out of boredom or fatigue instead of because I'm actually hungry.

Here are the goals for Mother's Day:
Lori--lose 7 pounds
Pam--lose 10 pounds
Tricia-what is your goal for Mother's Day?
Anyone else want to join the Mother's Day challenge?

Tricia-just wanted to back you up that it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to gain that much weight when you're on track!! I'm sure it's TOM or water weight (have you eaten any frozen diet dinners lately? They have a TON of sodium which make you retain water). I had the same problem (especially since I really stepped up the exercise) last week. That is why my husband finally took my scale away. He now gives it back on Wednesday only. I have NO self control when it comes to the scale, lol.

Pam--I'm sure that your workout was good! I have a double jogging stroller, but with my one year old it is too hard to exercise that way. My twins are 3 1/2 and my baby is 14 months. My oldest (just turned 6 year old boy) is a very good helper, but I the only way I have been able really exercise is on the treadmill at my house. It is just too hard any other way.

Kellie--The casserole sounds awesome. You know, I am a horrible cook. I always say that I can "make dinner" but I can't "cook." It seems that I make one of about 9 or 10 dishes that I can do. My poor husband, lol.

Okay...now I want to know about your twins. Were any of you on fertility drugs? IVF? Do you have identical or fraternal twins? We were not on any medication (we are EXTREMELY fertile). I have gotten pregnant twice the first month we tried and the other time when I was NOT trying and was using birth control! Eek! My husband jokes that he just looks at me and I get pregnant, lol. My girls are identical. The funny thing is ALL of my kids look SO alike. I SWEAR that if my baby was the same age as her older sisters that she would look like an identical triplet! My son also looks just like his sisters, although he has blond hair where the three girls all have dark.

Happy day to you all!

Lori
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #92  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Lori - great idea re: the water bottles -- I'm going to have to see what I can do to replicate that! (search thru cabinets to see what water bottles I've got -- or do you just refill like Dasani bottles or something?)

Lets see Mothers Day is in.... about 4 weeks.... so, I'll aim for a 6 lb loss by then (1.5 lbs/week). I'm afraid if I aim too high and don't meet it, I'll get frustrated! So that will put me at 209. *sigh* I'll have just barely broken my 210 "magic number"! I can't wait to get under that number, and then under 200!!!

Last night, I was complaining to DH about not having enough time to do what I want /need to get done, including exercise.... and so while I was waiting for some software to load on my computer for work (I work at home), I did some squats, leg lifts, etc at my desk at 10:30pm hahaha. Better than nothing, right?!?

My girls are fraternal, and no we didn't have any help. Twins run in both sides of my family, so I guess I just got the genes! Here's a pic of my girls (I hope this is okay to post on this board....): http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4584/jorda...incolor2ku.jpg
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:05 PM   #93  

We are on our way to karate so I only have a second. I'm running really low on calories today - we haven't been home much so I just haven't time to eat. I have to say, being busy is a pretty painless way to cut calories. Works for me! I haven't worked out yet but I do plan to hit the gym after dinner.

Put me down for 5 lbs by Mother's Day. It isn't much, I know, but I am like Shawn. I don't want to shoot to high and be disappointed. Actually, 5 is probably on the high side because we will be going on vacation between now and then and my weight has slowed quite a bit in the last few weeks too.

Let's see, my twins are fraternal (boy/girl). We also have twins running through both sides of our family. So they were just the luck of the draw for us! They turned 4 in December. Their big brother turned 6 in October. I worry that my DD may never get a date! The boys are already so protective of her. So, between a brother in the same grade and a brother two grades up I don't know that any guy will have the nerve to ask her out - much less try to kiss her! lol. Thankfully, we have a long time before we have to cross that bridge.

Have a great day everyone!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:05 PM   #94  
Staying on track!!

I reported most of what I ate earlier, but we had pizza again tonight, so I got the LowerFat Veggie Pizza (150 cal/slice, 4 grm fat) and had 4 pcs, then topped off the night with 2 kiwis. So I ended up at 1870 cal for the day. Yay again!

Gnight ladies!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #95  

Default Hello

Hi...My name is Mandy...I'm new here...just wanting to get to know some ppl and trying to find my way around this site...I'm looking for "SmplyBlessed" from Twing...ARE YOU OUT HERE SOMEWHERE????

Last edited by mom2twins+2; 04-07-2005 at 11:24 PM. Reason: mom2twins+2 can't spell!!!
mom2twins+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #96  

Hey gals!
How is everyone doing this FINE Friday morning. It's raining here. It is also my garbage day. When I opened the garage to take the cans out to the street, a big huge fat worm fell cannonballed off the door and made a direct offensive attace ON MY HEAD!!!!!! I swear this worm wanted to make a bed in my hair. Talk about YUCK! It was so nasty. I started screaming and running around in circles like a mad woman. I looked like a psycho doing some sort of strange tribal ritual .Two houses down there were kids waiting at a bus stop and they all stared at me with their mouths open *giggle.* I thought that at any moment they were going to scream themselves, . I'm sure they were all afraid for their lives.

Anyway, lol, I did GREAT yesterday. I exercised for 75 minutes and I only ate 1084 calories, 25% fat. I usually prefer to stay above 1200, but with the higher days I've had lately I feel good about having a lower calorie day.

Well, I've GOT to go take a shower now *shudder.* I got my son off to school. One of the twins and the baby are awake. It's funny. One of my twin girls likes to sleep WAY more than her sister. Do any of your twins act like that? Different in some ways? Although mine are identical, one is definitely the "leader" and the other is a bit more on the quiet side. I struggle to bring the second twin out of her shell. Her sister talks for her a lot (in public, anyway). She also always wants to be the one to decide which game they are going to play, what clothes they should wear (not matching, necessarily, she just likes to pick out clothes), etc. She is so strong willed. She announced the other day, "You never let me do ANYTHING I want to do. We're running away!" (picture that said with a babyish lisp still) Sheesh. She's three years old. Of course, it's WE'RE running away...not I'M running away. Sigh. Some days I want to run away.

Lori
Old 04-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #97  
Staying on track!!

Mandy, yes she's Pammie40 (?) on here! Glad you found us! I'm from Twing also, and so is JaneH (my4sons) and KellieB (mandatwins) and Alice. Is your screen name the same on Twing? By the way WELCOME! Tell us about yourself!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #98  
Staying on track!!

Lori - too funny about your twins! I can't wait to see what mine will have up their sleeves for me! They're only 6 mos, but they DEFINITELY have diff personalities! One is very laid back, and the other is high strung. Too funny!

I woke up with a VERY sore throat, so have been having cough drops, and am hoping DH can come home from work early to deal with the twins, so I can rest & not get them sick(er).
Old 04-08-2005, 11:47 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyla2001
Mandy, yes she's Pammie40 (?) on here! Glad you found us! I'm from Twing also, and so is JaneH (my4sons) and KellieB (mandatwins) and Alice. Is your screen name the same on Twing? By the way WELCOME! Tell us about yourself!
Yes, my name is the same on Twing! I thought it would be easier...

hmmmmm...what can I tell you about me....
I am a SAHM to 4 kids! I have a 7 1/2 year old ds, a 6 year old dd, and my twin boys are 14 mos. I am trying really hard to lose this weight! My dh is one of those really skinny ppl who can eat whatever they want and never gain an oz. I just want to weigh less than him. He weighs about 145 and I feel so fat around him. I am 5'2" and weigh 172 I feel really bad about myself! I want to lose enough weight that I feel like running around the yard with my kids! I do it now...and it just about kills me!!!! Anyway, Pam told me to come here... I am hoping to get the support here...since I can't seem to get it at home!!!
mom2twins+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #100  

We are on our way to pick up DS from school but I wanted to make a quick post because I'll probably not get to this weekend. We've got karate testing, three soccer games, a birthday party, soccer awards ceremony - and that is just Saturday!

I am glad to hear everyone is doing such a great job on their weight loss programs! I had a good day yesterday ending under at about 1100 calories. I didn't make it to the gym, though. Today has also been a success so far. We took the kids to the country club for lunch and I had a 1/2 of a grilled chicken sandwich (no condiments) and a small side salad. I never do this, but I skipped breakfast this morning. I just ran out of time getting everyone else out the door and then had a school function to attend. So, I'll have eaten less than 500 calories come dinnertime. I'll definately get to the gym first. DS's karate class is 2 hours tonight so I'll be able to drop him off and work out while he is there.

Does anyone exercise first thing in the morning? I want to very much but I am not a morning person. I try so hard to be but it is useless. But, my gym opens at 5 am and I love the idea of getting up, going, and having it out of the way for the day. I like to work out so it isn't because I want to get it over with. It is just that the later I go the harder it is to work it into our schedule. I'm going to give it a shot next week. I figure even if I just get my cardio done it will still be a huge help. At least then I'll only have to work in time for weights - and I don't do those every day. I'll let you know how it goes.

There are lots of personal replies I'd like to make but we have to run. If I don't get to check in again until Sunday I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tricia
Old 04-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #101  

Welcome, welcome, welcome Mandy! You sound a lot like me! I also can't wait until I weigh less than my husband. He weighs 150. I weigh close to what you weigh (167) and I am also 5'2. My goal weight is 130. Not only that, but I have four kids (including one pair of twins). We must be long lost sisters or something, lol! Okay, Mandy, I want to hear what you are going to DO to lose the weight. Count calories? Cut carbs? Exercise? Let us know so we cant keep tabs on you! You can do it. I started out weighing 193 and I have lost 26 pounds so far. It is great. I feel so much better already. We have a mother's day goal going if you'd like to join! Here are the latest goals:

Lori-lose 7 pounds
Pam-lose 10 pounds
Tricia-5 pounds
Shawn-6 pounds

Alright ladies. I exercised like a maniac today! I did 65 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes of weight lifting. I burned 400 calories that way. Hooray. I'm on track for the day so far (I've had 340 calories thus far today and it is about 1pm).

I have a HUGE test tomorrow and I've got to get studying. My life is so crazy. My husband works full time and goes to school full time. He doesn't come home on weekdays until way after the kids are in bed. Can you believe that I try to be a full time student from home (all my classes are internet classes through the local university). My 6 year old son has some special academic needs so he attends a school clear across town. It is a 30 minute drive both ways. It is always a nightmare to get all the kids buckled (FOUR car seats, lol) with 3 kids under age 3 and a 6 year old to boot?? My twins are in a co-op preschool that I teach one week a month and now we're starting a business from home. Phew. No wonder the house is always a mess and the laundry...well we won't even go there, lol. Okay, the girls need lunch, the baby has a stinky diaper and I only have an hour until I have to go pick up my son...not to mention my homework awaits. Gotta go.

Lori

P.S. Shawn, way to go on your calories yesterday! 1800 is awesome. As for the water bottles, I just bought some Dasani and use those over again. It works for me pretty well. I usually get AT LEAST 40 ounces a day and usually 60-80. Also...where do you get that low-fat pizza from?
Old 04-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #102  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDY!!!!! Check out your thread @ TWING

I am glad that you came!! I think you will get alot of support here.

Shawn: Water..My SIL put a gallon jug of water in the fridge and drinks on it all day.
My DH bought me a water cooler, I like it, but what I don't like it seems to take forever to fill a glass..I hate to go and buy bottle water, but I do better w/them in the fridge, I can grab and go!!

Lori, WOW you work out ALOT

Tricia, I work out in the morning, if I don't I Won't!!

Seems like this is a eating Cheerio bunch!!!
I have Multi Grain Cheerio's !! I love them!!

I walked this morning 1 1/2 miles in about 35 min. I didn't walk yesterday, it was pouring rain and I was lazy and didn't do it here!!

It is so much easier to walk if I have someone to walk with!!

My sis had been walking w/ a friend of hers around her neighborhood, but I didn't want to walk w/ them cause of cars and me pushing the stroller. So her friend and my sis are going to start walking w/me at the track at the High School. They both take their kids to school and it isn't out of their way!!

Well, this weekend I hope to get something done.!! I have weighed, but no loss yet!!!

And the WORM.....that is so funny!!! I am glad it wasn't a snake..ewwww

Have a great weekend ladies!!!!
Pammie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:39 PM   #103  

Hello Ladies! Sounds like everyone is in the groove of things right now. I ended yesterday at about 1300 calories. Not too bad. My water consumption right now is lacking because they hooked up the house next door to our well and told us that the well needs to be cholrinated. So, I am in limbo. Hopefully it will get done by tonight. We don't have any bottled water in the house.

We have a busy weekend too. We are going to plan out our fence and where we are going to put our garden. They are coming on Saturday to start seeding the lawn too. I hope that it does not take too long to get grass!

Shawn ~ I thought we were having pizza last night, but dh came home early. I was so looking forward to it. I did have steak though and it was delicious!

Sounds like you are doing well on your walking Pam! I need to get out today and do some. When the girls are up from their nap I will get my rear in gear! I know what you mean about having someone to talk to. It sure does make a difference.

Lori ~ It sounds like you ahve a full plate! I applaude you for all that you do and maintain your sanity.

Tricia~ Before we moved I use to get up and get on the stepper at home before the girls got up. I really liked it because it got me going in the morning. I felt good after doing it and felt like my day started off right. Now I just have to get back into the swing of things. It is a good thing that the girls are now sleeping longer and not getting up at 5:30!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Not sure if I will check in or not since we have a lot going on and it is suppose to be beautiful outside.

Kellie
KellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #104  

Hey, Mandy and Lori - I'm 5'2 and in the mid 160 range too! What a coincidence!

Back from school, now off to karate!

Tricia
Old 04-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #105  
Staying on track!!

even though I was sick today, I managed to eat 2675 calories! ai-yai-yai! (this is in the form of pop tarts, ice cream, waffles, etc -- all carbs!)

OK, please tell 1 day won't kill me. I'll do better tomorrow!