Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:05 PM   #1  

Default Amazing Royal Adventure V -A ROBIN SIGHTING!!-ALL WELCOME!!!

Welcome all from every kingdom, province, monarchy, duchy, federation, or ------------------( please fill in the blank)......

To the AMAZING ROYAL ADVENTURE V--A Robin Sighting!!!!
Spring is on its way!

This adventure promises to lead us to places we've never been but have longed to see ... this adventure promises to teach things we thought we knew ... this adventure will be FABULOUS!!

So, call your coachman, the adventure awaits!!

And as most adventures are written by the adventurer....

YOU decide ( and who better??) what direction you shall fly your colors!!

This adventure is a shared adventure... with other royals who will share and support ....

Open the blinds! Let down the drawbridge! Sound the trumpets!

WE ARE AFOOT!!

The Amazing Adventure Continues!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:12 PM   #2  

So, I just printed up a new weight tracker chart and an exercise tracker chart and I am raring to go. Actually I haev been rather lax for a couple of weeks and felt a need to refocus in a serious way. So here it goes. I am trying to reach a mini goal by the official begining of spring, which means that I have to get serious about exercising (which has never been my strong suit) and rededicate to my journal.

All I can say is that this year I am going to buy a swim suit.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #3  

Hello all!

Here we go Monday, here we go!!

Some type of perciptation is predicted so I am bringing extra sox just in case for the bus stop later and making sure the coat I grab has my gloves in the pocket too....

Its the little things like that can make such a difference in your day....

Same way I'm expecting my new Stash Rasberry Decaf tea to be a really nice treat when I need "something" ....
Easy to carry the teabags and sure beats paying for a cup of tea....

I have weighin tonight and have revised my expectations to hoping for a pound down....
Am hoping I don't have to look at a plateau tonight!

SeeCat! We are almost stride for stride! You are REALLY close to goal too! YAY!

Ok all, its true, I did see a Robin yesterday-- in fact at least 3.... its proof that yes, no matter what, we do have much to look forward to.....

So... let the trumpets sound, let the flags unfurl, let the drawbridge down.....

THE ROYAL ADVENTURE CONTINUES!!!!

PS-- anyone seen the Royal Clothing Designer??? Looks like there is a new "fitness wear trend" .... am noticing lots of folks wearing a trendier "jogging" pant.... hmmmmm....
Or is that only here in Delaware???

Thought of the day :

" .....(Folks) travel the world over in search of what they (he) need, and return home to find it."
--- George Moore

Question of the day :

"What is the last new thing you tried? Will you do it again?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:59 AM   #4  

Ok, time to put the St Pat's decoration on the door. Spring is coming, etc. etc.

DH and I had a great time over the weekend. Much needed. Nice hotel, good show, great dinner, champagne, breakfast. Drove the 100 miles back in the rain but worth it. REALLY, REALLY needed the little break. (Kaylets, it was the Lily Langtry show in King of Prussia so we were down your way a bit more.)

Fresh start time again. Always love a new thread and the chance for a clean slate. Always seem to need it too.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #5  

So, it was a good news bad news day yesterday. The good news was that I exercised again. That is two days in a row, which is almost unheard of. The bad news is that I ate cany. V-day candy to be exact. A lot of it. But at any rate, today is a new day, and all is redeamable. I had my breakfast bran cereal and I am raring to go.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:13 AM   #6  

I, too, am in need of redemption, See Cat, and yesterday was a good start, exercise and all. Supposed to rain again today here which is better, of course, than snow. 'Twill be oatmeal again this a.m., I think. Must get to store as no cottage cheese, carrots, etc. Need my tools. Even out of Slimfast. Chicken this evening. Gee, I almost have a plan.

Didn't get the St. Pat's stuff out yet. Today's the day, right?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #7  
deleted2

Thanks for starting the new thread, Kaylets!

Just wanted to pop in and get on the list-I feel like I'm fighting a cold or something now. Plus my weight is UP 2 pounds. Grrr...

Old 02-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

I'm just poppin' in also to say ... everyone seems rarin' to go.

I'm a bit on the blue side and really tired. Seems all my energy in the past came from cupcakes but I don't eat those anymore!

Later, gators.

What do the new jogging pants look like, Kaylets?
Old 02-17-2005, 06:44 AM   #9  

Hello all!

Its been crazed .... finally realized just trying to squeeze too much into too little.... DH even let me sleep 20 minutes past the alarm ....
But the good news is that most of the efforts are showing results and that is uplifting....

Hope everyone is doing well....defeating flu/cold symptons, conquering gym dictators, battling sugar demons, ....and of course, just the daily run of the mill battles!!

But.... no matter....

HERE WE GO THURSDAY, HERE WE GO!!

Thought of the day :

" I can accept failure but I cannot accept not trying."
---Michael Jordan

Question of the day :

"To paraphrase the commercial, are you the next "it" ?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:51 AM   #10  

Default Thursday Grin

Kid and Grandparents--
(Thanks for sharing B! )

An elderly woman and her little grandson, whose face was sprinkled with bright freckles, spent the day at the zoo. Lots of children were waiting in line to get their cheeks painted by a local artist who was decorating them with tiger paws. "You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!" a girl in the line said to the little fella. Embarrassed, the little boy dropped his head. His grandmother knelt down next to him. "I love your freckles. When I was a little girl I always wanted freckles she said, while tracing her finger across the child's cheek. "Freckles are beautiful!"
The boy looked up, "Really?" "Of course," said the grandmother. "Why,just name me one thing that's prettier than freckles." The little boy thought for a moment, peered intensely into his grandma's face,and softly whispered,
"Wrinkles."
A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

After putting her grandchildr en to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. At last she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the
three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"
A Sunday school class was studying the Ten commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell him what it was. Susie raised her! hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou shall not take the covers off thy neighbour's wife,"
Our five-year-old son Mark couldn't wait to tell his father about the movie we had watched on television, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The scenes with the submarine and the giant octopus had kept him wide-eyed. In the middle of the telling, my husband interrupted Mark, "What caused the submarine to sink?" With a look of incredulity Mark replied, "Dad, it was the 20,000 leaks!!"
A second grader came home from school and said to her mother, "Mom, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The mother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting," she said,
"How do you make babies?" "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change "y" to "i" and add 'es'." (Why wouldn't an English teacher love that one???)
A grandmother was surprised by her 7 year old grandson one morning. He had made her coffee. She drank what was the worst cup of coffee in her life. When she got to the bottom, there were three of those little green army men in the cup. She said, "Honey, what are these army men doing in my coffee?" Her grandson said, "Grandma, it says on TV, "The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup!"
A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of kids home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front se at of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties.
"They use him to keep crowds back," said one youngster. "No," said another, "he's just for good luck." A third child brought the argument to a close...."They use the dogs", she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrant
Old 02-17-2005, 07:39 AM   #11  

Great start to my grandmotherly day, Kaylets! My four yr old was telling all the kids in preschool that her grandma had a baby recently. She does have an active imagination -- but I think might just have misconstrued = when she was here last time I showed her a picture of newest grandniece and told her she had a new cousin. Since four is so precious, I think that became "Grandma's new baby".

Know what you mean about "too much" - but had a most productive day yesterday and a good day dietwise too. Then ruined it all staying up to late playing solitaire. so much for that NY resolution. But it is stress relieving. Just should have spent the computer time answering a letter from a friend.

DS coming tonight to go skiing tomorrow. DD and girls coming Friday. All leaving Saturday but for a short time I'll have all my most loved people under one roof -- and mayhem, of course.

Sending you lots of pink, Empress - or better yet, my brightener - yellow.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #12  

Hello all!

Dh is bowling and I have the house to myself for a few hours... am just really beginning to feel the full effect of DS not being here.... Its even becoming a way of life... things are where we left them, things are as we left them, and as I mentioned recently, its a whole new feeling to just do the vacuuming, yardwork, etc instead of "assigning it" in lieu of rent and never seeing it done or done haphazardly.....
For years, our house phone had "blocks" to protect against scary phone bills ( one time nearly $600 --!) .... now, we only have our cell phones and what a treat to know that the call is for us ....

Anyway... hope everyone is doing well....

anyone catch Oprah doing her Boot camp show??

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:51 PM   #13  
wsw

hello royals, one and all!

anagram-hope you enjoy having your beloved family visit this weekend.

hi kaylets, and amarantha!

i am "sneaking" back in to my food plan slowly but surely. i am eating healthfully again now, but still have to decrease my portion size some more. i have been de-caf (woo-hoo!) for 3 weeks now, which is helping me to drink more water. i am not sure about making this a forever thing, but for now, i am pleasantly surprised that i have been sticking to this. actually, i thouhgt i'd feel a lot worse at the beginning of no cafeine, but fortunately, it wasn't nearly as hard as i thought it would be. i am also trying to eat pretty low sodium and fat. the low or non-fat part has been much harder for me, but so far, so good.

i am also working on my stress management by listening to my favorite meditation tapes, deep breathing, etc. since i was laid up for so long the past couple of months+, i have had to reach in to my bag of tricks and remind myself of what has worked for me in the past and what didn't. i definitely do better all the way around when i do morning meditation, write in my journal, and exercise, etc. i know what to do, but sometimes in the throes of whatever is causing me stress, my memory somehow gets a little slippery. ah well, it's a lifelong process----.

so---my goals are to get back on track with better portion control, eat healthfully, use my stress management techniques, and exercise. i am going to stick with this no matter what is going on around me/or in my life. this is my declaration of intent. i haven't lost any weight in a long time, and have felt frustrated by that. if i stick to my commitment, though, i know that my body will eventually catch on to the fact that it is supposed to drop weight. dare i say it---- i think i have gotten my fight back!

hi see-cat, eydie, arabella, ceara, cerise, punkin, frogger, and to all the rest of the royal kingdom! i am thinking of you all. have a good evening.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:45 AM   #14  

Hello all!

WSW!!! So glad to see you ! And I agree 100%!! We really do know what works for us....we just don't BELIEVE IT!! I had that lightbulb moment just yesterday.... we believe what we see around us, on tv, books, etc, etc....

You are so right.... sticking w/ the basics always makes things go so much more smoothly....

Big pot of your favorite DECAF for you and everyone else...

We have very cold temps this am so DH and I are traveling together...

Take it easy everyone!

Thought of the day :

"The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to ourselves."
--Montaigne

Question of the day :

"Do you use coupons?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:49 AM   #15  

Well, I have now exercised for five days in a row. I am hoping I can do it for long enough that it becomes a habit, but quite honestly it is still a major production number. The eating is going not so well, but I am actually willing to cut myself some slack during this first week of exercise, and I am not eating really poorly, just not really well either.

I am glad to see that folks have found the new thread. I was worried for a bit.

Work is kind of getting me down. I do not know what it is. I am starting to think that maybe it is time to go back to school for something else. The only problam is that I do not know what I should do with myself if I grow up. Hmmmm.

Well, speaking of work, I supposed I should get back to it. Stupid stupid census statistics are the order of the day.
Closed Thread