Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #91  
Member w/ messiest house

Ain't that the truth. I saw her on Letterman though, and there wasn't the slightest mention of her icky early orgy mess. She talked about the North Vietnam stuff, and it reminded me of several other well known people who have been exploited/used by the "enemy" in the past. I feel sorry for her in that way, because I can see how a person who wants so earnestly to do something positive could let that cloud their judgment and then they get in over their heads before they realize what they've really done. I guess, unlike me and Jane Fonda, most of America doesn't make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush
I could rant about this stupid science fair, but I don't have time. I no longer pretend that the boys do the board with me. I just do it. This makes me a model parent because many, many don't let their kids do the experiment or the report, either. It doesn't matter,we never win. To win you have to donate a ton of $$$ to the school and I'm too cheap.
Good grief, that's despicable! Someone should organize a rebellion. Not you, you have enough on your plate. A big boycott would be fun. In our school, they only have the science fair for one grade level, so the pain is short-lived.

Yes, DD is very interested in pursuing music beyond h.s., but isn't sure about majoring in it because she has a lot of other interests as well. This summer she is taking a 3 week course in political philosophy or something at Brown. She thinks she might major in Poli Sci or International Relations. But she keeps taking up new instruments, and writing songs, recording things, playing with other kids. A few weeks ago, a teacher who works with the local access TV station (a very new enterprise mostly run by teenagers) filmed her playing 2 of her own songs and they've been running them frequently enough for people to be stopping her at school and around town to comment. I haven't seen it because we don't have cable. I suspect she would like to have 2 college careers, one where she does nothing but music and one where she does everything else!

Blah blah I do go on and on. What did I tell you about Sunday afternoons?

I should be outside. I could um, play in the mud or something.

TPBM thinks that on a scale of ICK, Jane comes in third behind Michael Jackson and Charles/Camilla.

Kiwi
Old 04-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #92  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, yes, I want to know what color Lush's house is too!

This is how long it takes me to post a message
Today 02:49 PM
Cowpernia
Today 03:20 PM
Kiwonk
Old 04-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #93  
loves kleenex box art

False. She's ahead of Charles/Carmella.

I'm confused about the speed of message posting. Are you fast or slow?

Lush is right, of course, that all jobs suck in their way. However, when you have a boss who gives you papers to FAX and instructs you THREEEEEEEEE times to take the staples out before you FAX them, EFFFIN beat that! And this in front of a person who was there to interview her.

TPBM didn't know that in Barcelona they speak Castellano and not Spanish.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:09 AM   #94  

True. Like most Amer-cans I am mono-lingual.
I am achy. Between yesterday's walk and gardening, I will ache when I get to sleep... I hope that it means my muscles are getting strong and elastic.
More tomorrow. I am falling asleep on the keyboard!

Cow-- I FINISHED The Mermaid Chair. Recommend it highly-- great story and writing.

TPBM would like to completely change her life: Job/marital status or partner
Old 04-11-2005, 05:01 AM   #95  
fatter than U

Cool bite me

True, true and true. However, "would like to" is the key phrase here. There's lots of stuff I'd LIKE to do which I can't or won't do. So here I sit, cranky as h*ll, wondering where life's going to take me next. And I think I know the answer: nowhere. Quick, someone cheer me up!!!! Must run out and look at all the perky daffodils.

No cheap reading glasses for me. I am blind as a bat. My glasses cost €400 and they stay on my face all the time because I'm so afraid of losing them.

TPBM feels like cr*p every morning when she wakes up.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #96  

Are you talking physically or mentally? oh, doesn't matter because the answer to both is yes. Actually mentally is a yes on work days - I'm having a harder and harder time dragging myself into the office.

Sugar, I wear the cheap reading glasses and contact lenses.

Painty - don't tell me about the mermaid chair yet. I haven't even gotten around to buying it.

Isn't Carmella a candy bar?

Wouldn't you know it, Lush is no longer cream and oatmeal, and my bedroom recently changed to Taupe and cream. I'm always a step behind being in fashion.

It sucks to be me. DS chose my birthday to get an ugly tatoo on his arm, DD didn't even call me, and DH spent the day telling me how bad he felt because he didn't even get me a card, much less a gift. Don't even get me going on my extended family. And the worst part of it is - I'm sssssob, 49 now.

TPBM thinks it's silly to whine about birthdays.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #97  

True--The problem with whining about birthdays is you can't stop 'em from coming.

But... it isn't silly at all to whine about FAMILY MEMBERS DISAPPOINTING/IGNORING/ANNOYING you.

My DS has 3 tatoos now. (Curious George, a WildThing and "veritas." No ghoulies so far. AND his girl friend has 3, as well. I hope there won't be more. At least they don't show unless he's relatively stripped down. (He still hasn't shown them to his dad. Hmm. DD had 4 year lesbian relationship which I knew about... but she didn't tell Dad until AFTER they broke up. You think maybe their Dad is a bit hard to talk to? D'oh!)

I won't talk more about Mermaid chair until somebody's read it.
Am going to start E. Berg's The Art of Mending... anybody game?

Ok... better get some work done... and have my second mini meal of the day.

Multiple meals during the day are odd. I'm sort of hungry all the time, but never REALLY hungry or REALLY full... and food just sort of isn't as "important" as it had gotten to be.

TPBM wants to stay home for a week with Haagen Dazz and Netflix and the delibery guy.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #98  
fatter than U

Talking

False! I'd be happy just to stay home ALONE for a week with nobody, including the delivery man, to bug me.

And I can't believe I forgot to wish Wabby a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It registered, and then it flew right out of my brain again. Sorry, Wabs. WORD on the dhs forgetting special occasions. On my last birthday dh didn't get me flowers, claiming "they didn't have any". Good excuse, pal. I was still fuming from The Mother's Day Incident too so it was pretty tense. You don't look a day over 40!!

TPBM uses a magic marker for her tattoos.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #99  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

my tatoos are etched into my face--they are a lovely montage of crow's feet.Very festive.they are skin colour and grow and when i need more they appear overnight.SHUGA!!!! not to be a wet blanket,but the ex-dh and i broke up shortly after he forgot my birthday---i remember i wanted the bonnie raitt "TAPE" and he said "they don't have any" and i went down to the K-MART which was just down the street and bought it myself cause guess what --"THEY DID HAVE SOME" HEE---now i'm not saying you and wabby ought to dump yer husbands {has-beens} BUT i would tell them my little story!!!!!needless to say,i may need more info before i start pushing 'divorce' as a viable solution to a problem!!kiwonkers!!!! you MUST figure out a way for us to hear one of dd's recordings!!!! YOU ARE THE COMPUTER WHIZ----PUT A CLIP ON "YOU SENDIT" COME ON!!!!! FIGURE IT OUT ALREADY~!!!!-------------wabby0-0===what did you want for your birthday---you do realize you have to order these things up ,right???!!!!! ---------TBPM wants to go to Tuscany with me and taste wines.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #100  

Ooooo, ooooo, me! me! I wanna go!

Bagzie, the part that just kills me is that DH mentioned several times how "bad" he felt because he hadn't gotten me a gift or even a card. The effin Hallmark store is 3 minutes away from our house. I told him I thought that he actually wanted me to feel sorry for him, because he felt so guilty. I have to admit that between this and the dirty house comment he made, I'm having fantasies about a little clean apartment all to myself. Not that I'm serious, but a girl can dream.

My pants seem to have shrunk.

Ooops. I seem to have repeated myself. Oh well, that old timers disease is kickin' in.

My sil (the one I visited in AZ) just had that little frown muscle between her eyes snipped so that she doesn't have to have botox injected all the time. Also had a little mini eye lift. I think I'll keep my saggy baggy face - at least I can still look p*ssed off when I want to. Can you imagine not being able to frown?

TPBM could care less about Tuscany, but could use a good bottle of wine.

Last edited by Wabby; 04-11-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #101  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah, whole page of lovely messages to read through!! Wabbit, I dont' get along with wine too well, but I will bring you a bottle and bring a six pack of Mike's or something for me. I wish. You know, I really thought when I got around to being nearly 50, I'd be able to afford to go visit people once in a while. Instead, I can't afford to do as much as I could 5 years ago. Tain't fair. If DH doesn't get off his arse pretty soon, I'm going to have to start looking for a job around this godforsaken wilderness, where I have almost no job experience and an ancient resume. I suppose that won't matter much if I'm applying to McDonald's though, huh?

Actually I would like to go to Tuscany. But instead I will be sending my kid to France. And stuff.

You know, Bagz, I realize I could just point you all to DD's MySpace page, where she has uploaded 2 of her original songs and a cover of another artist. Not the same as video, but these are recordings that she did herself onto the computer. They are quite good. Some guy who runs a "podcast" just sent her an email to ask if he could broadcast her songs. Before you know it, she'll be a star, right? I'll send out the url.

I haven't bought Mermaid Chair yet either. I will go look at the liberry.

I would like to change my life too. Is there a class? I don't feel the need to change my marital status, but I wouldn't mind a major alteration to job and partner. Not so much the identity of said, but he really needs some fixing. I was going to say he really needs work, but then I would have to add "in more ways than one". So I said fixing and come to think of it, that would be in more ways than one too. You suppose that would do any good?

Well, I sent out the url. Go check your inbox.

TPBM wants to know what that hand at the front of the photo is doing.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-11-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:56 AM   #102  
fatter than U

Default Meh.

True. What IS that hand doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
Not so much the identity of said, but he really needs some fixing. I was going to say he really needs work, but then I would have to add "in more ways than one". So I said fixing and come to think of it, that would be in more ways than one too. You suppose that would do any good?
Ahem. Nope, it doesn't do any good. Just makes 'em worse. We had dh fixed over a year ago and all I hear now is "But Mausi, I did it for youuuuuuuuuu!"

Bagzie! Good breakup story! I'm sure there was a lot more leading up to it than forgetting your birthday, but I guess that was the last straw for you. I'm nowhere near that, and going out and getting a new dh would be just too much darned trouble right now so I suppose I'll have to stick with the one I've got for the time being. At least he has a job and can do home repairs.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:44 PM   #103  

Kiwi, I can't get any sound out of that website - the little bar thingies jump up and down so I know it's playing, but no sound.

I'm going to keep the DH I have too. I don't have enough energy at this point to trade him in. Besides, when he's good he's very, very good. He's just off track lately.

I'm going to have to buy Mermaid Chair - the library has 20 copies and 180 holds. I'm not that patient.

I would like everyone to post a bunch today. It's rainy and gray and I need to be entertained.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #104  
loves kleenex box art

I haven't got sound out of it yet either. No. I did. I heard a bar or two on guitar. It's that my puter is too slow and both of my work ones are without speakers. I will persevere though.

Had a job interview this morning. So far so good. Another interview to follow.

In the meantime, I am getting fat. REally. I am eating and eating and not feelng guilty. Right now I had YooHoo and Peanut Butter crackers on my desk. Later, I will lose weight. Right now I need comfort. I can not get through these interviews feeling deprived. I would be gloomy and nervous.

I am trying to think of something else to say to entertain Wabby. I am several chapters into the Mermaid book and so far not liking it. I did reallly really like the other book she wrote though so I guess this will change.

Love you all. Waddling away, Peachie

TPBM doesn't know what YooHoo is.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #105  
fatter than U

Red face

True. How on earth did you know, Peachy? Is it like a Twinkie or a Ho Ho or an Eskimo Pie? You just go ahead and eat. You need proper nourishment to get through those interviews with a clear head. YooHoos sound like brain food to me. They will help you on your journey.

Got through and hour at the library this morning and three straight hours of tutoring this afternoon and tomorrow I am FREE. Well, except for the man-size pile of laundry and a bunch of garden work to do, but I can do that without having to talk to a single soul if I don't want to. That's a good thing. Too many people just suck the life out of me.

Wabby, I wish I could think of something to entertain you, but I'm fresh out. Will be back if I think of anything remotely interesting.

TPBM is a lot more entertaining than I'll ever be.
Closed Thread