Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #76  

I looove the idea of everyone posting "what I'm mad about today", but some days I'm not mad. Some days I'm all Pollyanna-ish. I do love to read a good rant, though, no matter what my mood.

Paintypants, I know that my measly 28 pounds is a ridiculous amount to whine over, but thats exactly whats ridiculous - it's only 28 flippin' pounds and I can't figure out why I don't just take it off, keep it off and quit wasting my time obsessing over it. Instead, I build it up into a big deal that I manage to make myself miserable over. Stupid. Makes me think I must really want to be miserable.

I've accepted the fact that DH is just going to have to prune those d*mn trees, so I'm rounding up 5 gallon buckets to upend over each and every plant and then I'm going to stand there all day and supervise. And it really doesn't matter if he can appreciate my garden - I do and I love working in it so that's what matters. I haven't even gotten started on the succulent project, Sugar. That will be after I get things weeded and mulched. Maybe by next October. Maybe.

TPBM really needs a compliment today.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #77  
loves kleenex box art

False. I would not feel it was sincere today. My pants are tight and I'm eating eating eating. My workday starts at 9 a.m but I've been here since 7:10 a.m. because DS had to take a test at 7 a.m. Let me repeat AAAA MMMMM.

DS is not considerate like Bagzieettes are .

Wabby please post pictures of DH trying to prune the trees while you're obstructing him with buckets. That would cheer me up.

My pants are tight and I'm still eating.

I have a job interview Tuesday. Positive thoughts please.

Bye.

TPBM is afraid of EFFIN spiders.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #78  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, I'm afraid of the EFFIN ones. You know, the ones that are so big that you have to call in the exterminator. The ones that are so huge you can see their eyes glaring at you, daring you to try to kill them.

I like the idea of a What I'm Mad About Today. It could be an alternative to TPBM. Or something.

Your museum trip sounds like a real hoot, Sug. Or a hootenanny.

I am incensed that you had to be at work at 7:10am today, Cowp. I hope you didn't actually work the whole time.

I'm with Sugar on the pics of you thwarting the insane pruner, Wab. That would be fun.

Guess what I did this morning?? I had DD drop me off 2 miles from home, on her way to school. And I walked home (duh). It took me over 45 minutes. And it was boring, even though it was a gorgeous sunny day. But I did it. If I'd brought a bag, I could have picked up at least a dozen refundable cans.

Here's the stupidest photo you've probably ever seen. I will say it's not the stupidest photo I've ever taken, though.

TPBM has not seen sunshine in a week, poor baby.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05_03snowchunk.jpg (43.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #79  
loves kleenex box art

Yes I have and what is that picture? A dead goat? Llama? Some kind of road kill.

That's it. I have nada else to day.

What I am really mad about is my tight britches.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #80  
Member w/ messiest house

I don't blame you. That's why I wear loose ones.

It's a natural snow sculpture.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #81  

Well, I've only seen a couple little sun breaks this week. Other than that it's been gray, gray and more gray. I'm sooooo getting paid back for gloating about our sunshine last month.

Effin spiders don't really bother me. I don't mind effin snakes either. It's the effin mice that give me the willies. Eeeeek!

Sugar, I think I went on that same museum trip about 14 years ago. Just hearing about it made me want to take a nap.

Good luck on your job interview, Peach. Have a lovely weekend the rest of you cowsies. Tomorrow I turn 49. And thats what I'm mad about today.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:52 AM   #82  
loves kleenex box art

I'm mad that I didn't know it was Wabbo's birthday.

Bagz, what are your girls majoring in? Since all of Canada is talented, is it performing arts? Your family is the most talented but lots of Canadians are on tv here I think.

I know it's too early to talk but I'm awake, my eye itches and so I got up. When do we discuss the Mermaid Chair? I'm on chapter 5 or 6. It's short

TPBM is effin mad. Period
Old 04-09-2005, 08:20 AM   #83  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

one dd is in arts and the youngest dd {first year} is in Business/Commerce.I HAVE A GIANT HEADACHE AND IT'S MAKING ME VERRRRRRRRRRRY MAD!!!!----WE HAVE HAD SUN OFF AND ON ALL WEEK---NOW IT'S ON. I NEED PILLS--- i was watching the royal wedding but it's boring compared to the one i watched in the middle of the night in 1981!!!!now THAT was fantastic. effin spiders--------- i hate any effin bugs---but since it's gardening season-----------I HATE EFFIN SLUGS AND CUTWORMS!!!!!-HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY WABBY DARLING---HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Happy Birthday to Wabbit!!!

Hey, I'm mad about being 49 too! So here's to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
i was watching the royal wedding but it's boring compared to the one i watched in the middle of the night in 1981!!!!now THAT was fantastic.
I did that too -- spent the night at my then-boyfriend's mother's house so I could watch it on a color TV. It were a good'un.

Today's the big day for dd and her show choir. She left at 6am, we are leaving momentarily (well, maybe I should shower first..) Wish her luck. I haven't seen her solo yet; I'm going to be nervous. She also has a lift (dancing) that the dance teacher said they should leave out but they practiced it some more and are doing it. This bunch of kids is just fearless. Unlike their poor mothers.

Later gators.

TPBM got up on the right side of the bed for a change.

Kiwi
Old 04-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #85  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OHHHHHHHHHH!!! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT DD'S PERFORMANCES!!! GOOD LUCK DEAR GIRL!!!! {AND MAMMA TOOOO!!!} tbpm is skipping mass tomorrow and will light a candle for the pope at her home.{????}
Old 04-10-2005, 01:56 AM   #86  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Beautiful Wabby!

False. I haven't been a mass goer, ever, so I'm not skipping it. Church has pretty much fizzled for me (long story) so I'm not even feeling guilty about that. And the only thing that gets me to light candles at home are power failures and the promise of a GREAT cabernet at dinner.

WIAMAT: I am mad that I let my self go so long and so badly. I am mad that other people can have "issues" that don't show. I am mad that changing my food/eating/weight will probably make my "issues" even MORE OBVIOUS. Acccccck.

[COLOR=SeaGreenI didn't know we actually picked the Mermaid's chair. I LOVE IT. I don't remember what chapter I am on. I am very suspicious of the Abbot, though. I won't say more... Do we need to start a separate thread? or do "Send to all" e-mails?????[/COLOR]
Look ma, I'm part of a group! I feel SO included. Much less lonely.

I want to know what the photo of the brown lump actually represented. It looked wooly.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:03 AM   #87  
Member w/ messiest house

The brown lump represented spring. It was formed by a melting snowbank which was pretty dirty. I have bizarre tastes.

The performance was AWESOME!!!!! DD did an amazing job on her solo -- it's just too bad it was so short!! It was just one verse of Piano Man.
Quote:
Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be
Yeah, that's all! I'm sure her grandparents will be oh so proud to hear the words she is singing, but I don't care. She also did some great dancing; her lift went without a hitch -- one of the guys lifted her to sit on his shoulder. The whole group did a great job; they sounded great. They only got 3rd place out of 4 in their division, but it is so hard to break into the top 2 because the top 2 schools are bigger and better funded. So I'm very proud of DD's group. They did get an award for best rhythm section -- all the show choirs have a live combo to accompany them. Most of them are all students, and usually only piano, drums and electric bass. That is what DD's group had, but they featured the piano player in the center towards the back of their set -- because of course he was the Piano Man!, with the other two separated from him on either side. And they were amazing, especially the piano player (who is the guy who is taking DD to the prom). Most of the other show choirs had their rhythm section off to the side behind a screen, but hey! there's no rule against having them onstage, and it really worked for a set of Billy Joel songs.

'Twas excellent. We also went out to eat at a new Chinese Buffet restaurant, that was very good. Although I did manage to stuff myself. But you know if you're going to set me loose for a fixed price in an entire ROOM full of food, you must know I will go home stuffed.

TPBM wants video.

Kiwi
Old 04-10-2005, 03:05 AM   #88  
Member w/ messiest house

P.S. I just got an email from someone I know that contained the phrase "Ricky tooked the photos". Brilliant.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #89  
Most boring housewife.

Hi all,
I would love a video. Kiwi, the show sounds great. Is she going to continue with performance after she leaves hs?
Happy birthday Wabby. pEACHEZ, did I miss your day? Happy happy if so.
I could rant about this stupid science fair, but I don't have time. I no longer pretend that the boys do the board with me. I just do it. This makes me a model parent because many, many don't let their kids do the experiment or the report, either. It doesn't matter,we never win. To win you have to donate a ton of $$$ to the school and I'm too cheap.

Bagzie, I loved the 1981 wedding, too. He should just step down and let Wills be the next king.

Update on me: my house is no longer oatmeal and cream? It hasn't been for about a year.

I hope the interview works out, too. Though I suspect that all jobs suck in their own special way.

Painty, I'm pretty sick of having issues, too. All I can say about people whose issues don't show is...yes they do. They just show in more socially acceptable (usually nasty) ways. These ways are far more destructive to the people around them. I have cut myself off completely from my family except for my cousin Patty. It has changed my life.

I also wear $1.00 glasses. I buy them 10 at a time. DH went to see about getting the surgery but he is not a good candidate because he is an old fart.

I'm having company today, I should do something.
XXOO
TPBM(I feel that because I am so infrequent I am intruding on someone else's joke)
BUT TPBM is still remembering that no matter how unattractive her issues are, they aren't half as icky as Jane Fonda's.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #90  
loves kleenex box art

So true Lush-patron-saint-of-sojourners.

Went to church this day and loved it. They had lunch. DS and I ate with two other single women, one of whom writes rabid letters to the editor about good-Bush bad-Democrats. She has brilliant children and gave us information. And she said that "College is a pretty good environment if you aren't bothered by liberal idiocy." I replied "there is conservative idiocy, too" but that did not over well. She clammed up and refused to agree. Lunch was yummy.

I have read all about Pope John Paul in Time magazine and now like him very much. "He was the best pope the Jews ever had," they said. Plus, he apologized for the inquisition and other pushy stuff.

TPBM wants to know what colors Lush is using now and why she didn't tell us in the first place.
Closed Thread