Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:32 PM   #46  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WELLLLLLLL---i have no "exciting plans" but i am taking a jewellery making course with dd on saturday and sunday----i know the girl teaching the course cause we were at the same trade show for ten years when i used to sell my jewellery! her website is http://www.bejewel.ca if you want to see her stuff.She is tres cool.Dd sells alot of stuff at the shop so we want to get some "trade secrets"====the stepdd's have been here all week so we took an overnight trip and went to an indoor place that has rides---i hate "rides" so there happened to be a great bookstore attached to the place and i enjoyed a couple of hours there!!! i am reading for my bookclub a book called "right as rain" ====it takes place in the south when they still had slaves---so far i like it------------kiwieeeeeeeeeee====your ole man must be improving by now!!! you need a break!!!!! we have NNNO snow but the place we visited had snow so i guess we are just lucky ---except it has been COLD and WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!_--wabby,i would be sooooooo mad if someone stole my solar lights!!!! they are expensive and how TACKY is it to take such things----people are such ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSes!!!!!===== i am tired of the TBPM game ---- i like it better when we swear for a few pages---eff eff eff.and ****====oops---the pope is dying ---i had better be more pious.{??}PEACHERS!!! MOTHER IS DOWN IN FLARRRRIDER FOR A VACATION!!!! I THINK SHE IS NEAR ST PETERSBERG???? SOMEWHERE DOWN THERE---FOR THREE WEEKS!!! LUCKY GIRL--------- speaking of assssssssses----those dorks who took poor ds on a cultural holiday--------why do they even like going anywhere different??? don't get it. -----okay,gotta go to bed-------------LOVE YOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS =====EFF EFF EFF
Old 04-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #47  
loves kleenex box art

I don't like to say EFF. I like the intellectual stimulation of learning what the person below would not tell on her own.

Bagzina, don't Americans come to Canada and get bugged over your funny way of talking and stuff? It's the same thing. Americans have no contact with other nations except the ones that slip over the border and come here and WE KNOW that they NEED TO LEARN EGNLISH and not expec UUUSUSSSS to speak their language which is just too strange and not as good as English. SAme thing. The Herbettes are in shock over the nerve of these Spaniards to speak Spanish and to eat food that does not include cheese grits and three kinds of sausage.

Enough.

I want to know that TPBM thinks but now I'm all intimidated.

what book club? WE HAVE OUR OWN BOOK CLUB now. Right? Huh?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #48  

False--I am not not intimidated, but haven't been thinking because of allergies or some other wonkiness of the sinuses.

Do WE have a book club? I loved Secret Life of Bees. Is there a read-by date?

I don't know if any of you got the following from another 3FC denizen. It might come in handy.

Why Women Lie

One day, while a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river. When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "Why are you crying?" The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water, and she needed the thimble to make her living. The Lord went down into the water and reappeared with a golden thimble. "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, "No." The Lord again went down and came up with a silver thimble. "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. Again, the seamstress replied, "No." The Lord went down again and came up with a wooden thimble. "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, "Yes." The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy.

Some time later, the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river. When she cried out, The Lord again appeared and asked her, "Why are you crying?" "Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the water!" The Lord went down into the water and came up with Mel Gibson. "Is this your husband?" the Lord asked. "Yes," cried the seamstress. The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!"

The seamstress replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to Mel Gibson, you would have come up with Tom Cruise. T hen if I said 'no' to him, you would have come up with my husband. Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three! Lord, I am a poor woman and am not able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S why I said yes to Mel Gibson."

The moral of this story is: Whenever a woman lies, it is for a good and honorable reason, or for the benefit of others. That's our story, and we're sticking to it!

Bagzz-- I am SO sorry about snarky thief. In my typical pollyanna mode, though, you must have NEAT STUFF. I've gone in stores where I wouldn't want what they had if they dipped it in chocolate.

What a shame to get to Spain and then act like a Southerner. At least a Californian would groove with the scene, ya know?

TPBM has never told a lie. Or maybe that's never been caught in one.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:59 PM   #49  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
TPBM has never told a lie. Or maybe that's never been caught in one.
Oooh! I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. Well, OK, I will touch it. False. And false. I've told many a lie and been caught in several. Bad, bad me.

So this is what I get after googling something I can't even remember and somehow ending up at one of those conspiracy sites: 1) The Pope will not die but will instead flee Rome and the Anti-Pope will be appointed. 2) Because of the mass media coverage of this thing, people will not be paying attention and criminals will do really, really bad things which means that WE ARE ALL DOOMED. Sheesh.

Spain has good sausages, but not the southern kind, and NO grits. Nowhere. I think next time ds will have to go with people who are not *sses. My ex sis- in-law was the kind of person who would travel to a foreign country and then stay in her hotel room and order room service the whole time.

Thanks for the hanging basket input. Looks to me like you're supposed to just put the dirt on and plunk the plants in on top. We don't have much sun where they'll hang so I guess I could go for begonias or impatiens or something. Did a TON of work in the garden today and still don't have a clue what I'm doing but it was fun.

Ooh, pretty, shiny jewelry, Bagzie. Do you make stuff similar to that? I don't think I'd have the patience. I just bought a really cute bracelet for my mum for her birthday. I should send you a picture.

Hey! Since March 21 I have done Leslie 5 times and will do another 3 miles tonight. Keep losing and gaining the same d*mn pound. Hmphh.

TPBM is bored out of her mind.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:25 PM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yesssssss---------send picture of bracelet shuga!!! want to see bracelet. miss peachez----you would like a nice long necklace----how long??? maybe my dd can make you one-----for your birthday of course----what colour beads do you like and will you flash the men of dogpatch if they throw you some nice shiny ones????
Old 04-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #51  

By doze is stubbed up again.
Blech.
And I dode eben want to eat.
I surely dode want to do anyding with Leslie, or walk or talk. Poor be.

The only conspiracy theory that makes sense to me is some metabolic one that keeps my hot sexy body under wraps.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:08 PM   #52  
Member w/ messiest house

I am not bored out of my mind. But I am about to bore all of you out of your minds, because it's Sunday and that's the day I type endlessly about nothing (or would that be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,....?).

Painty, you type funny when you're sick. Hope you feel better tout de suite.
Quote:
I've gone in stores where I wouldn't want what they had if they dipped it in chocolate.
That's saying something.

Quote:
kiwieeeeeeeeeee====your ole man must be improving by now!!!
Yes and no. He does a lot when I'm not around. Yesterday I was gone all day to Dd's jazz (band) festival. They did great, by the way, but the competition was impressive and they didn't place in the top 3. He walked up the driveway and got the mail while I was gone. I think that's the first time he's been out of the house. Today he cooked breakfast (at lunchtime) -- he came in the computer room (I've been here for hours ) to ask if I wanted eggs. He really looked like he was hurting, so I offered to cook the eggs, and he got all pissed off and went and cooked them himself. Grumpy. When I'm around, he mostly lies on the couch. I am still being sympathetic, but it is wearing a little thin.

Bagz, I am loving that jewelry site! Do they really hand make those chains? It doesn't seem possible! Gorgeous stuff.

I can now come clean on something that happened last weekend, speaking of jewelry. When we went to DH's sister's for Easter dinner, I wore the beautiful drop earrings your dd made, Bagz, but I forgot to put "stoppers" on the wires, which I need to keep my hair from knocking them right out of my ears. So all day I was checking to make sure they were still there. The first thing I did when I got into the car before we left our house, was to lose one down the side of the seat in the car. Well, I retrieved that. Then after dinner I discovered I'd lost one again. I started looking all over poor SIL's house for them (holy cow, it was clean!), and everyone joined in the hunt (I'd be embarrassed, but this is the way my in-laws are, so I long ago gave up trying to keep them from doing stuff for me). We couldn't find the earring anywhere. Then later as I was assembling the inevitable containers of leftovers to take home (I had filled them right after dinner), I thought, well, I haven't actually looked in the containers! And lo and behold there was my earring, right in the lasagna. I was delighted and everybody got a good laugh out of it. On the way home, we stopped for gas and I got out to help DD with the pump. When we got home, you guessed it, my earring was gone again. Now I looked all over every inch of that car at least 3 times, my clothes, my purse, everything that had been in the car, all over the ground. And I know I had both earrings when I left SIL's, because I checked. So I actually drove back to the gas station and checked with them, looked all around the pumps and sifted through 2 piles of dirt they had swept up! Yuck! Anyway I didn't find it, and I was all sad.

Well, yesterday DH talked to his sister and she said a neighbor left my earring in her screen door the other day. I do not remember taking it off and throwing it out the window as we drove by, but at this point I'll believe anything. So I'm getting it back , and I promise never to wear it without one of these on it.

I have not done Leslie (that sounds bad, doesn't it?) for about 2 weeks -- I really can't do anything until DH goes back to work. He spends the entire day on the couch, and sometimes the night. The only other TV we have is in the kitchen. Yes, I could walk in the kitchen, but I feel foolish enough marching around the living room, I just can't. I could actually still snowshoe in the woods if it would stop raining for 5 minutes... You would think with all the rain we've had, that would all be melted. They have been forecasting flooding for days now, but it's not happening. Apparently there's so much snow in the woods and it's just cold enough to keep it from all melting at once.

I checked out your weather, Wab and it's almost the same as ours! Your high temps and are a little higher than ours and our low temps are a little lower, but rain rain rain.

I think everyone should give me their zip code so I can check on everyone's weather at the same time. Actually, I know where you live so I could do it myself. Yes, it's true, I know where you live. Be afraid.

If I don't post this now, it could be tomorrow before I do.

TPBM swears like a dockworker when she's alone.

Kiwi
Old 04-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #53  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

when i am alone???? i do that with an audience if possible====did you see the MARGARITA EARRINGS ON THE SITE THAT YOU FEATURED KIWONK-----THEY ARE HI LARRY ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 04-04-2005, 03:23 AM   #54  

I swear like a juvenile dockworker... not very original, but frequent.
By doze iz still stuffy. I donoo ib I should hobe id runs or not.
by zip code is 75025.
I won dis at a seminar yesterday.

TPBM is not sure if a cigar is just a cigar

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #55  
loves kleenex box art

Cigars are bubble gum, right?

I am posting just to bump this thread up as I am not getting notices of new posts. DS is home and he had a great time. He and Herbie shared a room which was good, I think. Herbie's bubba got on DS's nerves big time so that wouldn't have worked. Herbie remained mellow and took DS out for dinner in a Spanish restaurant.

Anyway, now that daylight savings time is here (Canada too?) we will LIGHT and be HAPPIER and MORE PRODUCTIVE and CUTER and .... I'll be happy with cuter, I guess.

TPBM is jealous that I had lunch at a Turkish restaurant.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:41 PM   #56  
fatter than U

Talking Olé!

True! Insanely jealous. How come there are ethnic restaurants in Dogpatch?? I ate at home. Can't remember what I had for lunch. Noodles with ketchup, I think. Steak and smashed potatoes for dinner. Thank goodness ds finally got to taste Spanish food.

I "did" Leslie (eew) again tonight. My goal now is three times a week for the rest of my life. PMS is making me balloon up into a waddling mass of crankiness.

Today I was at the supermarket at the crack of dawn to buy a sort of tiered plant stand thingie for our terrace. When I got home, I opened the package and was thrilled to find that there were 39 screws to screw in in order to assemble it. When I was finished, I had to unscrew them all again and do it over because I had done it wrong in the first place, of course, because I have no spatial ability whatsoever and the diagram only made me dizzy. But now it looks beeyuutiful and I will festoon it with pretty flowers.

Man, Kiwi, you are one patient nurse. When my dh has a cold he's just intolerable so I can't imagine what he'd be like if it was something serious like yours had. Hope he's up and running soon. Seems like men get hernias way more often that women, or am I wrong? Must be all that heavy lifting.

Must go to bed now because I swear I only slept about 3 hours last night. Ugh.

TPBM has insomnia big time.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #57  

I'm only jealous that you had lunch at a restaurant. I had a bowl of soup at my desk.

This hour change will be wonderful once I get used to it, but I'm sooooo tired today. It's possible that I'm tired because I worked in the yard all day Saturday and now I'm in pain all over. I'm moving like an old lady. youch.

DH caught a big salmon on Sunday!!! He's soooo happy and we ate yummy fish for Sunday dinner. He deserved it - he got up at 2:45 am on Sunday to fish.

Kiwi, you should be nominated for sainthood. Sick DH and days and days of rain. Argh.

Good that DS and Herbie had a good time together. You sound happy he's home. DS, not Herbie.

Hey Shuga, congrats on the Leslie walking. That is soooo good. I've got to get back to it.

My head feels all stuffed up like Painty's nose, but I don't have a cold. Hope you feel better, Painty.

Time for a nap.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

I don't have insomnia. Today. Maybe I will tonight. Not likely. Usually I only have insomnia when I absolutely have to be up at a certain hour and will not be able to take a nap later. Like on Saturday. Couldn't sleep, got up at 6 am, drove and watched jazz bands and waited around interminably, drove, looked at puppies, shopped at I can't even bring myself to type it and bought a dress for $6, drove, watched more jazz bands, waited around, drove, shopped, drove. What a dopy day. That's the kind of day when I have insomnia, so I can be plenty exhausted all day long. Fun.

I am also jealous of the Turkish restaurant. Very jealous. I put together a sandwich with cheese, avocado and leftover bacon wrapped in a tortilla which turned out to be stale. It wasn't as good as it sounds. Even.

Quote:
When my dh has a cold he's just intolerable so I can't imagine what he'd be like if it was something serious like yours had.
It's a little easier to be sympathetic with this, but it does go onnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnn. I asked him tonight what he was going to do with the rest of this week, and he has to do some taxes for his niece and nephew and then he "though he'd try to get into town to do a little walking". Eh? How about some job interviews, please? A little progress on this so called new house we are supposed to build? No? Too tiring? Poor dear. Not.

So glad DS had a good time in Spain. Did he bring you anything?

And so glad DH caught a salmon. Love fresh salmon.

Congrats on the walking and the plant stand building!

I'm in the throes of trying to reserve hotel rooms for our college tour. I thought I had this great choice in NY that wasn't too expensive and would save us all taking a train in and out of the city for 2 days, but I logged back in to reserve the rooms and suddenly they had no vacancy! No fair! Now I have to start all over.

Later gators.

TPBM would not let her kid go to college in NYC unless he/she got a full scholarship. (I'm way too accomodating)

Kiwi
Old 04-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

False. If I could afford it I would. But I can't. So true.

Ds brought me a frog made of clay or something. Cute. Not chocolate though.

This is what I think of boy(s) ... they do not consider their moms when making plans. Ever. DS, for example, has a teacher who postponed a test and offered several choices for times to take it. DS chose 7 a.m. I start work at 9 a.m. I must drive him. I must get up WAY early. He could have taken it during the day. I know he could.

Speaking of dses, has anyone seen the Academy Award winning Spanish film "all About my mother"? I really like foreign films but here is the story:

Normal single mom and normal teenage boy go to a play for his birthday. He asks .. for a birthday gift .. to learn who his dad is. She promises to tell him later. Moments later, he is hit by a car and killed. She goes to Barcelona to see this dad for some reason who is a tranvestite-whore-man-with-breasts. Another person fitting that description is her best friend in Barcelona. Best friend wants to quit the whore business and get mom to pose as one so they can go together to a nun who has make helping whores her mission in life. Although we have seen the dad in the film, he manages to impregnante the nun. The film has other characters and subplots but this was too much for me.

TPBM loves Janus Film Festivals in her younger days.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Don't really know what they are, but I definitely liked to go to whatever film festivals or foreign films were showing. The summer after I grad. from college, I was still job hunting and I went to 60 movies in 2 months. Most of them were free.

I think that film sounds completely nuts.

Gotta go pick up kid.

Neither boys or girls consider their parents when making decisions, unless you make them. You know, like by standing over them when they are on the phone demanding to know what plans they are making. They love that.

I have a stomach-ache.

TPBM never makes food her family hates.

Kiwi
Closed Thread