Old 06-14-2005, 06:11 AM   #91  

Default goodmorning

goodmorning ladies,

well, today is a new day.. for new beginnings.. so I figured i would stop in and cheer everyone on today... you can do it,,,, you can do it.... keep up the good work ... I am going to try and put the drinking water back into my day.. havent been doing that lately... so today is the day to start again..

well I have to get ready for work,,, hope everyone has a wonderful day....

keep smiling... carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #92  

Okay, Carly, you inspired me. I haven't been doing much of anything right lately so if nothing else, at least I'll get back to drinking water today.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:36 AM   #93  

Default Good morning

well i am glad I could inspire you Michelle, so keep up the great work.... I think we will all get the inspiration and motivation as time goes on... I am trying to really get in the groove of things.. slowly .... one baby step at a time. the only problem i have is everytime I decide to start doing something.. some problem seems to arise and i fall of the wagon so to speak... I need to learn no matter what is going on around me i have to try and stay focused on me alittle anyways... that is very hard on women.. we want to cure the world.. ya know.. so I think the habit off adding water to our day for the month of june is an execellent way to start... next month I will add another new habit... I think that is the only way at this point and time i can do this.. slowly,,, slowly,... but i know i will get to where i want to be and so will you..

have a great day.. keep drinking that water and smile... two great new habits for the month of june...

carly
Old 06-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #94  

I think that's exactly the problem I have with getting enough exercise. I feel guilty taking that much time for myself. My husband encourages me to take whatever time I need for myself so it's not like pressure from anyone other than me. I just can't adjust to being self-absorbed in any way.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:42 AM   #95  

Default goodmorning

goodmorning,
I have that same problem, and also i think i am just plain lazy... I need to get off that wagon thats for sure. so yesterday i did drink some water not enough but some.. guess some is better then none... my big problem lately is i have been eating ice cream with chocolate sauce (yum) like almost everyday. not sure why other then it taste good.. i think my depressed state doesnt help. I went last friday and had a cat scan done on my ab... I will be having these done every year or so because of my family history... so on tuesday i called to get the results and they need me to go and talk with the doctor... so i have an appt tomorrow.. these things are what makes me crazy... i was just hoping he would say everything is fine .. but with the way things have been going in my life.. i should have known it wouldnt be that easy... so i have been a wreck .. and i beleave that is part of my eating problem i eat when nervous and depressed... hmmmmm how do you change that behavior??? any great advice would be appriciated... i know i need to do something?? I am tired all the time and pretty miserable with myself... i do try to smile they say that makes your day better.. sometimes it does.. other times well who knows...

Michelle, you take the time you need for yourself if hubby is agreeing with you to do that then you schedule that time and just do it.. you are very important to your family and friends and if you feel better then you will take better care of them.. you know I am right... have a great day...

carly
Old 06-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #96  

I went through an ice cream kick lately too. I've been buying Healthy Choice ice cream and their mocha popsicles lately so at least I am better at controlling the servings.

I used to not eat when I was stressed, but now I'm the opposite. I don't know how I switched from one to the other, but I wish I could switch back

My grandpa had to go in for some sort of tests lately (I don't remember what for since he has heart and lung problems from working around asbestos for years), and when he called to get the results, the doctor made him come in for an appointment. Of course, he was really worried about it, and when he arrived at the office, the doctor said he was completely fine. I have had a doctor do that to me before too. I think some just look for ways to bill insurance unnecessarily without really considering how much they stress out the patients. Of course, it's all under the guise of making sure you understand the results, even when they are normal.

We bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee last week so now that we finally have a grown up car, I'm going to pack up the kiddo's bike and take her to the park.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:22 PM   #97  

Default thank you michelle

thank you for making me feel a little better... about going to see the doctor tomorrow... i will give you an update on what he has to say... i just get so stressed these days with everything that is going on.. that has gone on ya know... since mom's passing in march its like everyone thinks i can kinda take over some where she left off.. guess thats because i am the only girl.. but what they dont realize is i am just as messed up as they are about all this.. she was and always will be my best friend.. its very hard to get a grip when you miss someone so much.. then everyone else is looking at you for answers or to take care of them... ya know... but i am working hard at getting my life back in focus i know my mom would want me to do that... it just gets tough somedays.. but again thank you.. you are a great support... carly
Old 06-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #98  

Hey, Carly, just wondering how things went.

I'll be visiting family over the weekend so I may not be online again for the next couple of days, but I promise I'll be back
Old 06-18-2005, 06:04 AM   #99  

Default goodmorning

goodmorning Michelle,

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friends.... enjoy your time..

well I went to the doctors yesterday and here are the results...
1) I have divertculosius- so i have to do a life style change or i could worsen it and have to have surgery... that is not for me... so changing my diet will be the first step in keeping it under control..

2) I have to go for an ultrasound next saturday... they think I might have endometreous... (spelling incorrect probably). so I have to get that checked out see what they say then take it from there.

3) my blood pressure was a bit high... for me...for them to... but we think it was nerves because of go to hear the test results..

so for the next 3days i am on a liquid diet to help relieve some pressure in my stomach.. and after that I really need to look at my diet and make some serious changes... I think all will be ok... I just need to change... ya know..

I wanted to change so I guess maybe this is the push i needed.. who knows but now i will be more concious of what i eat .... i dont want pain in my tummy or worse have to have surgery.... so there it is in a nut shell... oh yeah and by the way i can never have nuts and seeds again.. bummer but hey small price to pay if i am going to be ok... right... anyways, i hope your weekend was wonderful .. i have to go into work for a few hours today but thats ok.. tomorrow will be rest day...
keep up with the good you have been doing I know you've been doing great.. and oh yeah.. I lost 2 lbs... how who knows but thats ok with me...

have a great weekend
carly....
Old 06-20-2005, 09:40 AM   #100  

I've never heard of diverculosius, but it's great you control it with diet. Of course, I say that, but if controlling our diet was so simple, would we be on this forum?

My blood pressure tends to be high when I go to the doctor as well, but that's because going to the doctor stresses me out.

Well, I'm off to do more laundry and other exciting things.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:54 AM   #101  

Default goodmorning

hello everyone,

well I have implemented 2 new habits well hopfully they will become new habits. 1) i have started streching first thing in the morning when i get out of bed.. i figure these old bones need to be ready to go for the day. and 2) drinking a glass of water before coffee or anything else goes in.. they say that really helps cleanse the body. i hate water first thing in the morning but i will get over that. oxygen and h2o are the best things for the body so what the ****, i will try it... LOL.... i have lost about 4 lbs was on a very low cal diet all weekend and the being of the week doctors orders... so that helps to kick start things. I am now going to try and eat more lowfat and more high fiber foods.. need to get this body of mine healthy... so we will see what happens. i do feel better at the moment so hey hopfully i can keep this up i would not mind at all. well i hope everyone has a great day ... keep smiling and push for improvement... we can all do it... support is the key to success... thank you for supporting me.... carly
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #102  

I've noticed that when I drink more water, I don't get my one zit a month when it's TOM. That makes it worth it for me
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #103  

Oh, and congrats on the 4 pounds. I'm jealous
Old 06-28-2005, 05:55 AM   #104  

Default good morning

goodmorning Michelle,

sorry i havent been on to much the past couple days... been a bit busy around here. anyways, i kinda fell off the wagon a couples days and beleave me i am paying for in now... so i figure i better get myself completely serious about taking care of this body of mine.. with this stuff i have boy it puts you in pain when you dont do the right thing.. so i better knock of this cheating not to healthy for me... I hope all is well with you and you are probably doing great... I have started doing strectching in the mornings (yoga) just beginner style but hey its a start... i really need to incorporate the excerise thing more into my daily schedule.. I do walk to get my daughter from school but that will be stopping on wed... she will be out... so i have to do something for the summer ya know.. i will figure it out... anyways, have a great day.. keep smiling,.... and be motivated....

carly
Old 06-29-2005, 08:58 PM   #105  

My kiddo is already out of school so it's been crazy around here too. It takes her about 3 seconds before she is bored again. The only reason I'm getting a break right now is because my hubby is playing chess with her so I snuck away

I've been craving everything in sight lately... TOM is late so it's like the PMS is kicking in for some overtime