Old 05-24-2005, 05:53 AM   #61  

Goodmorning Everyone,

Well yesterday was a little better for me with the eating thing. when I am at work its so much easy to watch what i Eat... LOL... at home well thats different. and with my life being so upside down I just want to grab a big bowl of Ice cream and drowned myself in it.. I have not done that...

thank you Michelle, you are correct this is a support group... well today is a new day and I will try a bit harder to get on the right side of the tracks.. I did go and take a walk last night... yippy for me at least that is a step in right direction. If it doesnt rain I will do it again tonight. if not on the treadmill I go.. I just get bored walking the treadmill... but anyways, I did drink about 2 qts water yesterday,,, my eating wasnt great but not really bad.. today is going to be better. thank you all for letting me vent here and thank you for all your great advise.. I am very happy I found this group.. have a wonderful day.. I will be back tonight to let you all know how I did today.. Carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #62  
Jme

Hey everyone. I am feeling in better spirits today. Have not done too bad eating but like carly i can watch what I eat better here at work. Big Holiday weekend coming up scares me. We go camping (all the time) and it is worse to try and pack good snacks then. My youngest son and myself are the only ones in the family whom eat fruit. I really wish I could get the whole family to eat better. That is my long term goal. (after the weight loss ) I hope you are all having a wonderful day and drink lots of water. Especially if you all are exercising in this heat. I am going to walk tonight. We have a little puppy (well not real little, he is a 4 month old Lab) and I want to get him to start walking with me. Maybe he will motivate me to walk everyday.

Will post again tomorrow. Do any of you set yourself a daily goal?? I am starting to. So if you do.....Good luck to you on your daily goal!!!!!
jmepudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:23 PM   #63  

The last time I took my dog for a walk at the park, he decided to suddenly just lie down on the track and not get up again. I said "come on, just a bit further" and he just looked at me out of one eye without even lifting his head. I said "fine, we'll go back to the car then," and he jumped up, turned around, and started trotting back the way we came.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:53 AM   #64  

Goodmorning ladies,

Jme- what kind of daily goal are you going to set for yourself, maybe you can help get me motivated by doing something like that..

Michelle- That is to funny,, what a brat your doggy is...

well the last few days as you know have not been so great,.. gram is still in the hospital.. taking all kinds of test.. its really stressing me out.. but i am coming to terms with the fact that i can not control this so try to go with the flow.

i need to stop smoking so PLEASE all the motivation you guys can give me would be wonderful.. I am having a real hard time with this.. also, I am afraid if I stop I will start gaining weight... stupid huh.. anyways, have a wonderful day.. I will post later tonight...

Carly
Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #65  

Default Staying with it

Carly - Sorry to hear about your Gram. May I ask what seems to be the problem. You may have mentioned it before and I missed it. What are the tests they are doing on her? You will be in my thoughts and prayers. And good luck with the smoking cessation!

Michelle - Cute story about your dog. What kind is she/he? How old? I have two - BayLee (male) is a minature schnauzer that is 7 and Hattie (female) is a malamute/doberman that is 9. She is about 125 pounds and BayLee about 25 pounds. They both love to go for walks and also riding in the car. Not so much in the truck as Hattie needs a ramp and doesn't like using it much. BayLee has no fear of anything. I love to watch him try to herd Hattie. He has no idea he is so much smaller than her. They are fun to watch.

Eating has been good the last few days. Monday only 746 calories, Tuesday 1144, and today only 848. I know I should be eating more like 1200 which I normally do but the last few days my sinues have been upsetting my stomach just before dinner so I don't much feel like eating.

Have only been walking a mile in the morning as I pretty much hurt all over. I have been painting our bedroom and that is taking all the energy I have. I need to take two pain pills before bed so that I can get a good nights sleep. I have a curve in my spine just below my waist and after doing so much work on my feet it becomes pretty painful at night.

Not much else going on. Have a good week everyone.
Marthey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #66  

Goodmorning,

Marthey- my Gram has Pancreatic cancer and also this weekend she ended up in the hospital for bleeding in her brain. I am still not sure what caused that but they gave her a MRI and Cat Scan. March of this year.. I lost my mom To pancreatic cancer.. so when things start happening to my gram I very much lose my mind. these are/ where the two most important women in my life I am a bit lost these days.. i think I am having such a hard time getting myself motivated because I am some what very depressed. I am hoping that I can just get my act together I know my mom would not want me to go down hill at this point and I know i need to be strong for gram. thank you all so much for your support I am very happy I found this place. just knowing there is someone to talk to is very nice.

you will get your eating habit back to where it needs to be.. sounds lilke you are doing great.. other then the pain you have.. which I am sorry to hear about. Have a great day.. Carly
Old 05-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #67  
Jme

Hey carly - On the daily goals I just try to think of something that I need to work on for the day and stay focused on that. Like Today - We are have a Pizza Party for birthdays at work. So my goal for today is "No Snacking" Just little goals to help me stay focused. It may be one day that I am walking at least 2 miles and another day that I have to drink only water.

Now regarding your Gram and mom, first off let me start by saying "Peace be with you". I lost my Gram in June of 1999 and my father in November of 1999. It has been a hard road ever since. I was always a "Daddy's Girl" and proud of it. I still am. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is a difficult time for you. Just so you know.......I was advised by the doctor to not try to quit while I was so stressed with knowing I was losing my Daddy. I quit smoking after he passed away. Not right after either. It took me about a year after he was gone to even try. Been smoke free for a little more than 3 yrs now.

Well I hope everyone is having a good day. I will post later.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:19 PM   #68  

Jme has a good point. If you try to quit while you are so stressed, it's pretty much setting yourself up to fail (which will give you one more thing to be stressed about). My little brother smokes a lot, and he's finally getting down from 2-3 packs a day to 1. I wish he'd stop totally since my grandpa died from it at a fairly young age (early 50s). At any rate, you have the desire to quit, so you will. Just don't add more pressure on yourself now unless you think you are up to it.

Marthey- my dog is a Miniature Schnauzer too. I used to have a Doberman and a Smooth Fox Terrier as well, but I had to find homes for the two of them when I got a divorce. My schnauzer is such a great dog. I take him with me on the weekends I go to Ohio, and my mom calls him her "grandpuppy."
Old 05-26-2005, 09:27 PM   #69  

Carly - Thanks for the info about your Gram and sorry for the loss of your mother. This is indeed a difficult time for you but know that we are hear for you. I pray that your Gram will be better soon. I whole heartely agree that this is not the time to think about quitting the smoking. When my first husband was ill (kidney failure) our doctor said the same thing about trying to quit. I alread had enough stress and hubby's health concerns to deal with. I did quit some time later but have recently started again because of stress with current hubby (possible alzheimers). I smoke so that I don't overeat. One day I will quit again but want to get eating under permanent control.

jme - Sorry to hear of your loss also. It is never easy. My first hubby passed away in 1988. Complications of diabetes that lead to kidney failure and then heart failure. That was my tough year. So when I found out about my diabetes it through me for a loop. Started healthy eating and exercise program almost immedietely. I had seen the complications first hand of this killer disease and want no part of it so I take one day at a time and eat and exercise like I should. I have had some back sliding but I keep plugging away and soon I should be about where I want to be.

Eating was under 1000 calories again today. Another round of upset stomach. Had some beef broth and crackers for dinner tonight. I did have some greasy chicken for lunch and then the upset stomach. No more greasy (deli style) chicken for me.

Weighed this morning and no loss but no gain either. I think once I get back to my regular exercise routine losses will follow.

Have a great Friday gals and thank you ever so much for the support here. You all are great!!!!!!!
Marthey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:36 AM   #70  

Goodmorning,

First off, I would just like to thank you all. I think maybe your right about the smoking thing.. so I will stop beating my self up about it at this time. I have been pretty depressed these past few days so everything seems to have go hey wire. havent eaten as well as I should be.but today is a new day.. I will begin again. it seems when I get really down nothing seems to matter.. (very bad way to be) but I will begin to work on that. maybe if I get my emotions in order it will help put everything else in some kind of order.

you guys, seem to be doing wonderful, I am very proud of all of you. sorry for my emotional break downs on here. but thank you all so very much for helping me in this lifes journey. i think my goal for today will be watch what I eat and try to smile more.

have a wonderful day and god bless you all,

ty
Carly
Old 05-27-2005, 10:30 AM   #71  

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm doing well with the diet and exercise, but I guess it counts that I haven't said "screw it! I give up," right? I think I have an obsessive personality sometimes. Whatever I'm doing becomes my main focus. Lately, I've had a lot of new jewelry ideas so I've been skipping out on exercise and doing that instead. Hopefully, I'll get my act together soon.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:41 PM   #72  

Hello Ladies,

Well I have to say this weekend was a washout but i am not beating myself up about it. I will begin again. some one of these days It will kick in. anyways, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. will check in tomorrow.
goodnight..
Old 05-30-2005, 03:45 PM   #73  

I've been eating a touch better, and I even managed not to buy chips when I went to the grocery store today. Well, it's a start
Old 06-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #74  
Jme

Hey Ladies - I got lost for a lil bit. This weekend was not as bad as I thought. I did pretty good for camping. I did not even eat one marshmallow. Of course the Beer did not help. I only drank on Monday though so that should count for something.

Michelle - GOOD JOB staying away from the chip isle. I have a very hard time with that. I swear those Dorito's call my name every time.

I have decided I need to get more serious with the weight loss. Doctor said I can start exercising more now. That should help. It looks like you are all doing pretty good. That is good to hear.

Carly- Emotional Break down???? Not a problem at all. That is why we are here. Not only do you need support for weight loss in general but emotions play a MAJOR role in weight loss. Any time you need to vent..........Lay it on girl. I am hear to listen and give any advise I can to help support you. I am sure the other ladies would agree.

Do any of you know how to find out how many calories a day you should eat to lose weight?? I had a really good website at one point in time and can not locate it anymore. Would really like to see what amount I should be taking in to lose this.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening. I am getting ready to leave work now and go home to enjoy my family. Talk to you ladies tomorrow.

Last edited by jmepudge; 06-01-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #75  

Good evening ladies,

Jme- good job when camping... I'll tell ya... when i get out in all that fresh air all i want to do is eat... so congrats on not over doing it. you are a much stronger lady then I.

Michelle- I think staying a way from the chips is better then just a touch better. go girl you are doing wonderful...

Let me just tell you, that I have been doing so bad.. its not funny.. I do not know if its because I am just really depressed .. my outlet has pretty much been food my whole life... or because I just had a birthday and feel really over the hill. I know its all up to me but man, what a time I am having.. but I am not giving up just need to find something else to do with myself. I have a question... does any one have any cheap (lack of funds in this house) recipes that are healthy. I have not cook good for me food in years and I am having a hard time figuring it out. just keep in mind my family is not supporting me in my efforts at all... so in this house its mostly steak and potatoes ya know what I mean. so any advice on making simple meals for myself would be greatly appreciated. you guys are great have a wonderful night and a great day tomorrow.

Carly