Old 03-18-2005, 01:29 PM   #16  

Thank you Karen I'm just trying to stay away from the whites and i'm eating more fruit and veggies and i started go to the gym that we have in our complex with my little ones it ok at least with my daughter my son and husband are rice eater like everyday me and my daughter are'nt it's kind of hard though being hispanic. I'll keep you updated.
CurvyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:38 PM   #17  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

Just wanted to let you all know i won't be online until Monday..so you all have a great weekend..i'll be thinking of you...

Hugs,
Vanessa
Vanessa_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #18  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hey Vanessa--I know what you mean about being self-conscious. I really felt that way when I first got on my swimsuit and decided to go swimming. It is a lot to overcome, when you have avoided that for so long. But once I got over it--and realized that I am not going to get fit without moving--I just have to move on and not worry about what others think. I hope you have a great weekend. See you on Monday!

Hey Curvychick (Jessica): I know what you mean about the pasta (rice or otherwise). My husband is full blooded Italian--I mean born and raised in Italy. So he does like his pasta! He actually uses rice with a lot of things too. I make a salad when he is eating rice. And if I really want some rice, I just have a small serving.

People in my office just had a cheesecake for someones going away. I have to admit I had half a slice. But I didn't eat the crust--so that saves some calories. Oh, and I went for a 15 minute walk--so thats going to counter some of those calories. I think I did okay--considering the temptation. I made the choice--but I think I did okay.

Moving on! It is so beautiful--and I sure wish I was outside and not in my cube. At least I have a window! I am feeling a bit of Spring fever!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:41 PM   #19  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls! How is everyone??

Txlawchick- Where are ya, girl?

Brownsuga- I am a frequent guest on the BFL website. I love the weight training demos that they have on there!

Vanessa- So far, I love WW. I dont feel hungry at all. Its easier than counting calories. I actually feel like Im achieving my daily goals without worry. Its only been two days but as of right now, this is something that I can stick with. BTW, the late night eating thing sucks. I have had bad trouble with this in the past. Tonight, I'm eating and watchin Friends. Heres the catch though: I'm eating chopped apples and bananas with a tsp of honey on them. Not bad

Karen- As I told Brownsuga, I get my exercises from BFL.com. There are demos on there for different exercises. I do use dumbells. I have 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, 25 lb weights. I also use my housemates weight bench. Oh, I have 2 of those exercise balls(the inflatable ones) that I do different exercises on. I plan to go to the Souq(market) to get a medicine ball as well.

As for my day/night, its been eventful. I walk to the grocery store to get that extra activity in. On the way back, I saw a kitten. There are alot of stray cats around here that I would love to rescue but they run too fast. This one came right up to me. So, I gave it some salami. Then, this Indian guy brought it to the guards at my compound and they gave it to me. I couldnt turn it down. Its same kind as my cat but short haired. Im going to take it to a shelter tomorrow. Maybe NIc will let me keep it Bring on the waterworks...

Let me know how y'all are doing. I'm gonna go give the cat some water and then get back online.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 04:55 PM   #20  
One day at a time!

Hi again everyone!

Hey Deanne--I will have to check out the bfl website. That sounds like good info. Glad to hear the WW is going well. It does seem easier to count points. For one thing, I think you actually end up eating more--but it all works out because it accounts for fat and fiber as well. That is why I still lean on WW for balance. I have a point calculator I use at home--do you have something online that figures out points for you, like and electronic point calculator? I know what you mean about being a sucker for a kitten. I have a little zoo at home with 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 hamsters. All are tame and loveable. I also have a cat that isn't mine, but thinks he lives on my porch. I don't have a clue where his real home is, but my porch has become his second home.

How is everyone else? Any plans for the weekend? My kids are already begging me to go to the mall. It's that age--teenagers love the mall! But I usually take them because I figure it is good exercise to walk around.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #21  
Cranky Princess

Hey ladies- I wanna join this group sounds like fun. Im 24 from Colorado about ready to graduate from college and find a "real" job. I also work full time as well.
Im currently doing WW online and the flex program. Im working out by hitting the gym and doing core secrets. So far Ive lost 3 pds.
Although this weeks been rough, havent had time to workout but my eating habits improved this week. So thats good. Well gotta run, talk to you guys later.
Girly2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:52 PM   #22  
One day at a time!

Hi Girly2004!

Welcome to the group! What is core secrets? Congrats on the 3 pound loss! Woohoo! You are on your way!
Old 03-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #23  

Hey ladies, it's been a crazy Friday here! I've been reading trial testimony all day and my eyes are crossed!

Karen - Stress eating : I find that 1) keeping "bad" food, i.e. any bread besides Whole Wheat and sweet, etc. out of my house and I give myself a major talking to before grabbing the keys to get this stuff 2) I head to my apt.'s gym and hit the treadmill or bike and watch TV or read a magazine, if I still have the urge to eat, I do but I find my choices are better, b/c I don't want to sabotage my great workout or 3) I've been trying to grasp meditation, I've heard good things about it and visualization exercises (the trick is getting me to sit in one place for longer than a minute!) 4) I also have been known to pop in a CD and dance around the house like a crazy woman, it works! Hope that's helpful! Let me know if you come up with any other tips!

Congrats to everyone who is on target with their plans and best wishes to the rest of us! I have been so crazed this week that it has not been a good one food or exercise wise. Plus it's TOM! Yay!!! Will pick back up Sunday!

I hope you all have a great and safe weekend!

Last edited by txlawchic; 03-18-2005 at 06:00 PM.
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:30 PM   #24  
Movin' right along...

Hey y'all...Its 4am here and Nic just left for work. I'll be glad when hes on a different shift next month. I woke up to check on the kitty and now I cant sleep. Nic is getting attached to him too. YAY!! I put a blanket in there for him and he acted like he was in heaven.
Anyway, Karen, I do have an online calculator. I'd like to get a Palm Pilot so that I can add that system to it. It has all the foods and their points. This way, if Im at a restaurant, I have no exscuses for eating bad.
Girly, welcome to the forum! I'm glad someone else is doing WW online with me! Let me know how its working for you...
Txlawchick, have a great weekend!! Mine is over. Our weekend over here is Thursday and Friday.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:14 PM   #25  

Hey everyone,
My name is Mel, I'm 23 and a college senior, I also can't wait until I graduate, but I am a little nervous. I am not doing any particular diet plan because I am horrible at diet plans...they always want you to eat cottage cheese and bananas...I really don't like either one. Basically, I am watching fat grams and so far, counting fat has helped me lose 11 pounds, coupled with plenty of exercise of course. I try to work out at least 4 times per week, mixing it up a little bit, sometimes I work out more than 4 times and sometimes I work out less. After awhile, I will switch to watching calories and fat and I'll probably lose more weight, but for right now, this is working.
I saw this group and thought it looked interesting. I post frequently on Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way and they are very helpful and a great group of women, but you all seem to be closer to my age group.
Anyway, I hope to get to meet you all, have a good night.
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #26  
Curvy Vixen

Hi all
My name is Lynn, I'm 41, married with two teen daughters. I have been calorie counting.
~ Deanne we have the same birthday! 9/12..
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #27  

Welcome to all the new ladies !!!!!!
CurvyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #28  
imslim

S/C/G: 157/142/117

Hi everyone. I would like to join your group. I'm Elyn, a registered nurse from Fl., but since I got married and moved to Denmark I have been a "bored homemaker". Altho' I could get back into the work force if I want to, the language barrier have kept me "home". I do speak the language, but not confident enough to write it, lucky for me I really do not need to work, my husband is a CEO of a French Asphalt Company. We have been married for 17yrs., no children, we have an adorable "yorkie", named Skimpy and she'll be 7yrs. old on the 27th. I'm probably the oldest in this group, I'll turn 50 in December 4, and I want to lose 45 pounds in time for my big day. I do not want to be fifty and fat. In Fl., I did the nutrisystem, and I was on a "healthy weight" for many years. When I got into my 40's I started to gain weight again, I was on and off diets and exercise, mainly watching caloric intake. The 45 pounds I want to lose now is the weight which I have gained in the last 5years of yo-yoing, and somehow I just can't seem to get myself to keep motivated and persevere until I reach my goal weight. I have a stationary bike, a threadmill, few sets of dumbbells, countless video exercise tapes, and a hypnosis motivational tape which are all collecting dust. I get frustrated that i can't seem to lose weight as fast as when I was younger. I tried to go on the South Beach in January, but somehow it is very difficult for me not to eat fruits and carbs., besides I cannot seem to reconcile myself to eating so many eggs - I just feel it is unhealthy (don't mean to offend anyone who is on Atkins or SBD). So I decided to go back to calorie counting, I have a desktop software where I can log in my daily caloric intake, exercises, and journals. I started on the 7th, and have lose 2 pounds, but tomorrow we are going on a 9 days vacation to Germany and Poland, so I guess I can say goodbye to these 2 pounds! It is really tough! I am an emotional eater too.
I'm really glad to have found this homesite, I have been reading a lot for the past 2 weeks, and when I saw this new group, I thought I will jump in as I believe it is easier to fit in a new group. Good luck to everyone.
skimpyelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:17 AM   #29  
One day at a time

Hi everyone! I would love to join in! My name is Tina and I am 32 yrs old will be 33 in August. I am happily married and have 2 boys ages 7 and 4 that I homeschool. I am from West Virginia.....

Right now I am watching my calories and fat. I am disabled do to a accident I had in 1993. I have major back problems and bone spurs on my back as well. With that said exercise is hard, but I am trying. I did some easy aerobic type exercise on Monday for 20 min, on Tuesday I walked with my boys 8/10 of a mile, Wednesday I cleaned my living room and bedroom carpets (shampooed them) Thurs and Fri I rested. I started my life change on 3/11/05 and did my first weigh in on 3/18/05... I lost 1 pound. I was truely hoping for more cause I have honestly been trying, but 1 is better than 0. I am hoping for more next week.

Anyway have a great weekend!
tkay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:18 PM   #30  
Curvy Vixen

Hi elyn and tina..
I love the pic of your dog elyn.. whatta doll!!
I just ate the best blueberries of my life! they were so sweet along with oatmeal.
Plus I waked this am on the treadmill for 45 mins...
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote