Old 05-31-2005, 06:04 PM   #31  
Dee

Hello Ladies!!

It's been a week since I checked in...I've been depressed the last few days...the new job is fine, but the diet isn't going so well. Hopefully I'll get it together by tomorrow, that's my goal.

Jane - Good Job!! It's tough to stick to it, but you can do it!! Exercise is my problem too I'm cheering for you!!

Neets - Good for you!!! Keep up the good work, I'm glad it makes you feel better & hopefully it will do the same for me

Marti - Super!! Biking does sound good....stationary or around town...I may have to pull mine out now that you mention it...

Have a great day ladies and keep smiling!!
Ddfaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Help! I am stuck at 5 pounds lost. I am still doing the same thing I did to lose the 5, but nothing is happening. I am not having snacks unless it is thin pretzels or animal crackers and very few. I am not having cravings or wanting to snack, so something is getting satisfied. lol
Typical day: B:1 cup of special K with skim milk. 1/2 banana
L:veggie soup, 6 saltines, slice of cheese, apple (sometimes raw veg. with no cal dip)
Afternoon snack, if needed: 1/2 banana, apple, peach or strawberries
D:chicken breast, small potato, hot veg., salad with balsamic vinegar
Snack: 6 or 8 animal crackers with cup of tea or 15 thin stick pretzels

For lunch I might have 2 thin slices of wheat bread with turkey or chicken breast and lettuce. I also eat pork one night in place of chicken. I had pasta twice during the week that I lost, but had none this week. I think this works out to anywhere between 1200 calories to 1500. I know by my portions I am closer to 1350-1400. I was told that I could lose well at 1500-1600 calories. True?

I can't think of any big differences in what I am doing. Maybe the first week was water, but shouldn't I get to losing something now? I had one week of losing nothing and started the third week yesterday. Ugh!

I refuse to give up and go back to snacking all the time.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Could it be that your body has adjusted to what you were doing to lose the 5 pounds? I know my body adjusts in time so every 4 weeks or so I switch my exercise routine and find new foods I like so I am not eating the same food and doing the same exercises. Try switching things up. It seems to be working for me
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Welcome Nikki - great advice! Our bodies do change all the time, it seems.

Sue - I'm thinking you need to eat more, to keep losing. Seriously. Sometimes our bodies go into semi-starvation mode when we've cut down. It's your body's way of preservation. You could try adding about 100-200 calories a day in the form of healthy foods (seems like you could use an extra serving of protein) and see what happens. IMHO, you aren't getting enough fat in your diet. Try adding some healthy fat at one meal. Btw, I snack all the time, lol. They are planned, healthy snacks, but they keep my blood sugar steady and give me something to look forward to. Good luck with the changes!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Thank you Jane. I am excited to be here
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Nikki and Jane. I think you are both right. I am too predictable..lol. Today I did do some different exercises for 20 minutes then when I walked I walked faster for 10 minutes of the walk. Cooled down longer also. I have read a lot about varying the speed when you walk and about finding hills to walk. Maybe this will help.
I will have to say for my snack tonight I had celery with p-nut butter and that was so good.
I am not going to give up, just find out what works for me.

thanks....
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote