Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 01:48 AM   #16  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone…..how are you all doing?

We have started Brandon on milk in his bottle. We have been wanting to start weaning him off the formula and onto milk for a couple months now, but I wanted to make good and sure that his milk allergy was gone. Sunday we tried him with 6oz of formula and 2oz of milk, and then right before we went to bed, we tried it half and half. That bottle took a little longer for him to finish, but he did finish it.

Brandon is a bigger cousin!!!! My sister Beth had her little girl on Sunday night. They named her Hannalee Faith. Now, we have another sister due at the end of this month, with another little girl. They are naming her Kira Hope.

My goodness! I don’t remember getting a belly at 8 weeks with Brandon! Tommy looked at my belly and goes “you are popping out all over the place.”

Jane~ The updated information is above. Mommy, daddy and baby are all doing great! Wow, what a decision to make. Like you, the Christian in me says yes to invite them. But on the other hand, do you really want them to have the chance to ruin Katie’s happy day? Like you said, they have tried to exclude you and your kids out of family functions, so maybe it is time for a taste of their own medicine.

Anita~ Welcome to the group!!

Cristi~ My name is Mindee, and I am pregnant, and addicted to pickles now! LOL My sister Beth, when she was pregnant with one of her older daughters, she would sit and eat pickles right out of the jar!

Marti~ I craved sour things with Brandon. I loved the sour skittles! Now, I really could care less for them.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #17  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,
Welcome to our new ones! Another Canadian?

HAve a great time Marti

Jane, as Marti said sending out an announcement and leave it at that. As you will do when Terry and Gina get married. Both should be happy occassions, new beginnings...not stressing over of grown peoples horrible behaviour. My mom I know loves her step sons,,,who are 40 and 38 yrs old. She calls them or they call her ever week,,,as she does with me. My step father's family are great, always felt a part of the family. Unlike my own dad's family,,, very racist and I always felt stressed about what would come out of their mouths next. Like it was my decision to be born half native...duh
Jane, personally I would consider is it worth the hassle? Ya they are family,,,do they act it? Would they even come? Ive sent out the olive branch invitation knowing that they wouldn't be able to come.

Well gotta run off, work,,,*sigh I need a holiday
Old 03-15-2005, 12:00 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Anita - I noticed from your bio that your profession is electric sales. Is that in an electronic store?

Cristi - I craved sweet pickles with Katie! When do you and DD leave for AZ?

Marti - I know you can't read this, but I hope you're having a good time!!

Mindee - aww, the names for your 2 nieces are so pretty!

Angie - when do you get some real vacation time? Hope it's soon.

Well, regarding my dilemma, one of Neal's other nieces is getting married in July, and the people I mentioned aren't invited to that. I'm pretty sure we will not be including them for the open house. It's just too soon.... maybe after more time passes it would be ok. As far as Terry's wedding goes - no way will he invite them! That boy can hold a grudge for ever and a day. I hope he outgrows that somewhat, but that's the way he is. Katie says she absolutely doesn't want the one uncle and aunt at her party because the uncle made her Dad cry. And it's true ... he did. She also doesn't want her cousin (who upset Mary so) to be there, either. So unless she changes her mind, they won't be invited. I would rather Katie have a happy day with no threat of trouble. In my heart, I will feel a little bit bad about it, though. My own family just isn't like that at all!

I had the worst thing happen to my hair! I went to a walk-in place to get a touch up on my roots and the stylist used the wrong stuff! My roots were blondish, and the rest of my hair is brown. She didn't make me pay, of course, but then there I was, with blond roots last night at 8PM!! So I bought a box of stuff and did the roots myself this morning, and after about 15 minutes, mooshed it through to the ends. It looks very nice now - like I have some highlights. But until it was done, I was pretty upset! Yikes, I oughta just go gray!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Went to get the taxes yesterday and the guy said to come on down they would be ready. We get there and he was just finishing up! Then he notices a paper on the floor and has to redo them to include that and hadn't started on DS's, ugh! We have to drive an hour there so here we are with nothing to do while we wait another hour. Went to try and find someplace to have dinner. So 4 hours later we got home! Just glad it is done till next year. We go to this guy because he knows what he is doing and gets us lots back so it is well worth it in the end. But I missed Fear Factor!

Hi to everyone

Marti~I know you won't see this but I hope you and James are having a GREAT time!

Jane~DD and I are headed out to AR (Arkansas) this Friday at 8 a.m. coming back Tuesday. AZ (Arizona) is a trip we are making on our way to CA later on this year. Going to drop in Phoenix and spend some time with my dear friend. Sorry about your hair, hope you got the blonde covered. I am always leary about going anywhere to have my hair colored so do it myself like every 6 months or so. I just try to cover the grey when I get tired of looking at it. Doesn't really bother me though.

Angie~that's how V's mother was. She practically raised her step-kids, 3 of them but when she died it was a whole 'nother story! Let the fighting begin! Of course it didn't help matters they way V's sis and sil handled things, even his brother told them it wasn't right.

Mindee~so now I know three people who craved pickles while pregnant!

I need to get going. Need to look up a couple of things online and then get some housecleaning done. Trying to get a few things together for our trip. Like my favorite CD's, snacks so I don't have to spend so much money on crap, etc. Figure out what clothes to take. Rather than take a big old suitcase I bought a cute little blue bag at Target yesterday, couldn't decide between the blue or pink. It's not really a bag just don't really know what to call it. I am pretty sure I can get everything I need to take in it, except for my cd's, batteries, camera and movie camera of course. It has different pockets. Have little travel size toothpaste and such so I don't have to take my big size stuff. The only big stuff will be my perfum and lotion, have to smell good. I'm getting excited. I haven't really been anywhere in a while and this road trip is going to be fun. Already have it planned what to do when we get there to, of course that may change. Not sure what my mother has planned. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-15-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #20  
RosieKate

Hi Ladies!
Finally have the house to myself for a bit....Welcome to the new gals

Sue and Pam - So sorry to hear of the loss of your sibs - been keeping you two in my thoughts and prayers
Marti - Hasta luego.....bon voyage...take a sweater...

Jane
- sounds like you are handling the ILs just fine. In your shoes, I probably would have bit my tongue and invited them, steeling myself for the possibility that I would give them the boot if they acted inappropriately. This is the process I go through whenever my Dad wants to get together... as his wife has been pretty nasty in the past. As she has aged, particularly after they remarried, I've noticed that we are just not on her radar anymore. She sends off a "I'm just tolerating this" vibe when we get together - but I'll take that over the nasty comments and out-n-out rudeness of yesteryear. I only do it because it makes my dad happy. You are doing what will make Katie happy, so you've done well. BTW - when I graduated, I only invited immediate family and sent announcements to everyone else and no one said boo. If you send announcements, people shouldn't feel slighted - just my opinion of course.

Cristi - bet it feels good to get those taxes done - I used Turbotax online this year for the first time. I am a Vanguard customer, so I got it half off. I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.. and I had some rollovers and conversions to deal with. I will certainly use it again next year....
Hey - have a safe trip.....

I am also taking off (next week is spring break for the kids) taking the kids to Condon to see my mom then up to Yakima to see my grandmother. Will be back in time for Easter....leaving this Sat...

I have been registering my kid for summer camps... seems like I have to do this earlier every year. Used to think I really had my act together when I had it all lined up in May...now look at me. It's not like he does alot anyway.. can't afford much, but things fill up quickly around here.

Still been going sugarless - feels really good to get that out of my system. Been boot camping for 4 weeks...only lost 2.5 lbs..for sure. My scale fluctuated on me a bit last week. Said I was down 2 one day then not the next...sigh. So I may be down 4 for the boot camp total - dunno - I hate my scale. I'm not changing my tracker until I have it etched in stone.....

Ciao ladies...hope you are all doing well

Old 03-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #21  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Just popping in once again to give everyone another

Kathy
Old 03-16-2005, 07:50 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!!

Cristi - I guess I'm lucky Neal does our taxes. Lots of forms, too, with all the farm info. I just sign 'em, lol. OIC about AZ, lol. I thought you were going there this week! Bet you'll have lots of fun. We'll all have lots of pictures to share when we get back, won't we?

Katy - everyone's vacationing at the same time it seems! Have a good time with your mom and grandmother.

Kathy - good to see you! How's the family and all of your pets?

Neal and I went to a financial meeting last night for the employees of the state who are about to retire. Sheesh! I'm more confused now than before we went!

Today I'm picking up Mackenzie the kindergartener and letting her bring her best friend, too. They'll be all excited, won't they, lol. It's supposed to be in the 50s, so I think I'll have them rake in the flower bed. That ought to keep them busy for awhile, lol.

BBL,
Old 03-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #23  
a work in progress

Haven't been on for a while, just read through all I missed....

Sue and Pam, very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and sister. You know that you and your families are in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #24  
One day at a time

Morning ladies~

Katy~you have a safe trip also. It will be nice to see your mom and grandma. And yes, it does feel good to get the taxes done! Usually have it done earlier but we have been too busy to make a trip to this guy, and of course this is is busy time. WTG with boot camp. I think you are doing an awesome job.

Jane~V used to do our taxes also...that is until some of the guys at work referred him to this guy. He gets us back a lot more so we have been going to him the last three years now. He gets 10% of what we get back but it is still well worth it. We will have lots of pics won't we. I always take lots of pictures of everything. I look forward to visiting my family. I know I won't see them all but will see most of them. Also, going to see a friend who was actually my older sisters friend in school, (we all knew each other though). She has cancer and I have been writing her and sending cards. Well, she was in the hospital for a while and is out again for now. My mother sees her and told her I was coming down so she wants us to visit her. She sent me pics of her and her DD when she married. She's such a sweetie and doesn't deserve that, but then no one does do they? How is you sis doing? And Jerry? Been meaning to ask just get sidetracked with other things when I actually start typing. Have fun with the kiddos today!

Hi Katie and Kathy Hope you ladies are fine.

Well, today is my Wal-Mart Wednesday! Oh joy! At least I don't have much to get. The guys won't cook while we are gone so don't need to get anything other than some frozen pizzas and dinners and lunchmeat. They will cook, stuff like mac and cheese, scrambled eggs, or throw some fish sticks or taquitos in the oven, but other than that they are too lazy. Then have to run to Home Depot and get a roll of border. I messed up the border in my bathroom and have to redo the one wall. Later on when V gets home we are off to Lowes to check out the lava rock or see what other kindof rock they have. We have this bark int he front yard around the shrubs and when the wind starts blowing so does that stuff. I was raking it yesterday and Sunday. Yesterday it was in the neighbors yard. I have had this stuff before and it is big chunks so I don't understand it blowing all in the yard. Anyway, tired of raking the stuff up so we are going to get something heavier that won't blow. Which is cheaper than buying another type of brick to go around it. That should be fun. Anyway...have a good day ladies!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #25  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning Ladies,

Jane, I don't undersand tax and things like that and like you just sign at the bottom. I know I should be more informed... Have fun with your gardners...
We plan to have a party for Brandon's graduation in Sylvan, our family is there and my mom's backyard is about 20 times bigger then ours...seriously.
Cristi, Im like you I like to pack my own snacks,,,fruitos and granola bars, and of course Im adicted to goodies...black licorise. Should stop in and see Kaycee...lol
Hey Kathy....nice weather we have been having eh? everything out my window looks brown...even my vehicle.
Katy... ah man its bad here for getting your registration in for camps too.
So today is my day off, going for breakfast with Pasqualina, my friend who had the tea party. She told me last week shes moving to another province... pretty sad about that. We have been having a breakfast date once a month for some time. We go to the same place each time, we order the same thing each time,,,,butternut squash pancakes for me...yum
Then Im going to go get my hair colored...the roots,,,and will be giving her the ol hairy eyeball after what you said Jane...lol thats all I need is blond roots...
I have laundry to do. vaccuming,,,dusting. Cleaning, with 20 women coming over on Saturday I need to go nuts in here...
vell I should get my act together here.....
Old 03-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #26  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

well hello everyone.. i am new here, just wanted to say hi, and glad i found this place.!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #27  
a work in progress

Good morning ladies!

I am at DISNEYLAND!!! We checked in last night about 7:00, and the desk clerk left us waiting for about 10 minutes -- we thought something was wrong with the room, and were so tired from the lonnnnnnnnnnng drive. The clerk comes back and says, "Well, there weren't any rooms overlooking the pool, so I talked to my manager and she was able to upgrade you to a suite." We hadn't even asked for a room looking over the pool; I think AAA did that because there was some perk we were supposed to get and then it wasn't available. But a suite, how cool is this??? And it overlooks the waterfalls! And had told them we were here for our 5th anniversary. It was too late to go to the park last night so we window shopped in Downtown Disney and ate dinner. Good thing we didn't have dessert, because when we came back to our room, there was a huge bowl of gorgeous dark red strawberries with bowls of brown sugar and whipped cream, and a card from the front desk clerk wishing us Happy Anniversary. OMG, I love this place!!! I will be writing a letter to her boss telling them how nice she is

Marti, hope you and James are having a wonderful, romantic time in San Francisco...

Jane, I would probably leave the olive branch to another time, and not risk ruining Katie's special day. Or leave it up to Katie...sounds like quite a few of us here have our monster-in-laws to deal with. Tim's got a great mom, which is fortunate for me -- but he is not close with his sis and her long term BF (I think they might even be common law, have been together a long time).

Mindee, when I was pregnant with my first, I got very sick and lost a lot of weight, ended up in the hospital with IV's and stuff. When I could finally eat, I wanted Burrito Supremes from Taco Bell. We didn't have a running car, and lived in Montana. My ex husband (bless his heart) was so thrilled I could finally eat that he walked over a mile in the snow at night, and brought me back Burrito Supremes, tucked under his down coat to keep them warm. What a great guy I was able to start my kids pretty early on regular milk (I nursed them, didn't use formula often); the doc said they were probably able to tolerate it well because I didn't buy baby food, but fed them yogurt, smooth cottage cheese, as well as mashed bananas, unsweetened apple sauce, etc.

Jane, I just colored my hair to cover the gray strands at the very top, but I hate to do it. My hair is so long and thick, and everything over a few inches long is dead, and it feels so damaging to use chemicals on it. I saw that root touch up stuff at the store, and was tempted to try it. You're happy with the results? I've wished for years that the hair coloring companies would sell like...three small bottles in a kit for touchups. The only place I have so far that is going gray is right at the very top, near my bangs -- of course, where it's really noticeable.

Got my taxes done right before we left home, used TaxSlayer online, we were very happy with them last year. At first we weren't getting much back with the standard deduction, then I remembered we donated a car this year -- still in drivable condition, but had an electrical problem with the door locks and windows, too costly to try to pay to diagnose, Blue Book listed that car in fair condition with mechanical defects valued at $1450. So I itemized instead, and including our property taxes and the mortgage interest, we got a bit more back.

Ah, Tim is up and it's a gorgeous day -- we are off to get a bite for breakfast, and then to Disneyland! Hi to Cristi, RosieKate, Angie, Ellen, Susan, and everyone else

Hugs,
Katiecat
Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #28  
Closed

Good Morning Ladies
I am just popping in for a second ,my computer froze up so my son had to take it in to get fixed , and it just came back , I want to catch up on the posts and I will be back later to post , I hope everyone is having a wonderful day .
Old 03-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #29  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi Ladies,

I've had a busy couple of days. Today I took the car to get new tires, and next it's brakes. Then I have to go an get an emission test before I can renew our licence plates. I thought I'd pop in for a couple of minutes while Joycelyn is napping. (She actually isn't napping, rather protesting loudly and angrily about the unfairness of being 11 months old.) She doesn't think she needs a nap, but I am of the mind that she does. Anyway, I am trying to concentrate and not run for the jellybeans downstairs in the living room. The only reason I want them is because I don't like hearing her cry and for some reason I seem to think that the jellybeans will dull the nagging in my mind that I am a terrible and unfair mother.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well.

Anita
Old 03-16-2005, 04:06 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Smile

KATIE~STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!! Girly, you are at Disneyland, get out there and enjoy yourself! The hotel sounds GREAT! I think that is fantastic they did all that for you guys, and I hope you guys have a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY vacation! Love strawberries and cool whip! What a sweet thing your ex did for you when you were pregnant, aaahhh. I love a man who would brave the snow for his woman!

Angie~got stocked up on goodies. Bought a few of those little cheerio snack packs, pretzels, nuts and DD her candy. I'm glad I don't like what she got (snickers) otherwise I would be tempted. Now you have me wanting licorice-I love the stuff too, both black and red. May send V to the store later to get some. LOL Anyway, we are ready, well almost. I am going to go fill up tomorrow and load up some stuff so we get that out of the way. Then work on getting the house cleaned and laundry done. I didn't realize Brandon was graduating this year too! I know you probably mentioned it a timeor two but my attention span sometimes is non-existant. Wouldn't that just throw Kayecee off if I dropped in on her? Shes a few hours away from where we will be and if I had more time to spend down there I probably would.

Anita~my oldest son was horrible about taking naps at that age. We did a little song and dance. He would throw his bottle on the floor, I would pick it up, this usually happened about three times when I would then tell him, I am not coming back in here to give you your bottle. I would leave close the door most of the way and would hear the bottle go to the floor. All the while he was jumping up and down inhis crib screaming! I know the neighbors probably thought I was killing the kid. When #2 came along I had to make him nap on the couch so he wouldn't wake his brother. I had to lay down ont he couch with him and hold him down too! The funny thing was he would be asleep in five minutes flat if he would just lay right down instead of putting up a fight. He finally out grew that though, thank goodness.

Hi tlprocks and a big WELCOME to you! Looking forward to getting to know you. The ladies here are wonderful, caring and very supportive!

Ellen~I was wondering where you got off to lady! Worry about you when you are gone. Glad you got your 'puter fixed. I am going to go crazy when I go away for a few days. My mother doesn't have one, she works on one all day and uses it when she needs to email. I am going to miss you ladies.

Jane~are you and Miss Katie heading to Chicago next week? How long are you going to be gone? Can't remember if you mentioned it or not. You guys are going to have a WONDERFUL, FUN time! Is Neal going to miss you? I was teasing V and told him now don't miss me when I'm gone. He said he is all ready missing me. I thought spring break started here Friday because the kids were out of school, but found out it's next week. Of course Wichita schools are out this week-our neighbor is a teacher. It would be interesting to see how she is with a classroom of kids when I see her with her two little ones and she cannot control them-Cooper the 4-year-old is a brat! and doesn't listen to her at all. To top it off he is always beating on the two-year-old, Easton. Did I ever mention that both their names are Teri? Terry & Teri-bet that gets confusing at times. They are nice people though so i am thankful for good neighbors.

Hi Susan, Katy, Pam, Sue, Jenn, Julie, Mindee, Kathy and anyone I may have forgotten, hope all is well with you all.

Anyway, finally got all my errands run. I made a list before I left to make sure I got everything taken care of. Had to go wash my car also, not sure why as it will be nasty from all the bugs by the time I get back. Just like to start a trip with a clean car. Anyway...hope everyone is having a good day. V will be home in about 45 minutes and we are headed to Lowes to look at rock. See ya
Closed Thread