Old 03-14-2005, 06:50 AM   #1  

Default Moms Losing Weight # 60

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:55 AM   #2  

Morning all. I tell ya right now I wish I liked coffee. My head is still hurting. Don't know what's up with that other than maybe TOM. I think I will hit the chiroprator today to see if that helps. I'm sure Patrick waking me numerous times doens't help. Anyway, it's a new week around here, so do we think we can see some more posts??? I'll try my best.

Karen, Welcome. Don't worry about this thread being around for a while. We get newbies like you all the time. That's what makes our group. Just jump right in when ever ya want. I'm Melissa SAHM of 2 Abigail and Patrick ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. I know it's not easy trying to do this with kids, but their must be a way ...right!?

Anyway, bbl ladies!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  

Oh yes, I just wanted to report that I was down 1 out of those two pounds this morning so....it's 198. I have to get moving in the right direction.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:46 AM   #4  
I will suceed!!!

Quote:
I think I will hit the chiroprator today to see if that helps.
Mel, while hitting the chiropractor might make you feel better, I don't think it will actually help with headache. Sorry, couldn't resist the joke.

Just thought I would say goodmorning everyone. I am off to get some much needed housework done, and to exercise. I also have to get my h to help me take a pic of the scale. I fell asleep before he got home last night. And despite my leaving him a note to wake me up and do it, he didn't. Oh well. BBL

javajavajavajavajavajavajavajavajavajavajavajavaja vajavajavajavajava
(yes, watched George of the Jungle yesterday with the kids....)
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:09 AM   #5  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning Everyone! Its a cool crisp morning here. I have a few things to do today but I really want to get 4 days of 1 hour exercise in this week in stead of 3, **** I might even do all 5 days this week. My inlaws are coming this weekend as long as there is no snow (We are having our Christmas with them we do it after Christmas every year, they live 10 hours from us) so if they are here I wont be able to do my exercises this weekend. Then I know they want to ride out to Cabelas and I wont be able to go cuz I have this humongus pork roast that I need to fix for sat nights supper and thats gonna take almost all afternoon, so I will stay home with Tori and let the 2 older kids go out (plus then I can straighten up the disaster from everyone being in the house) I swear to you, the weekends annoy me so bad sometimes cuz this house turns into a huge pile of mess and I can't stand that. I'm home all day with a 2 1/2 year old and the house is nice and clean, then everyones home and blah!
Anyhow, Welcome Karen you will enjoy it here, the women here are so nice and welcome all newbies with open arms. I'm Chrissy, SAHM mom to 3, Cara 13 (14 in May) Tori 2 (3 in June) and Anthony 9 (10 in Aug) they keep me crazy, I mean busy LOL I love them all and wouldn't trade them for the world! I hope you enjoy your time here with us and you just jump on in and post whenever you want, we're all here doing this together

Melissa~I hope your head starts feeling better Have you tried tylenol at all? I read you and DH went out the other night, I think thats great!! I wish we could do that!

Tabitha~How's things going with getting the job at the temp place? I think about you all the time! That house will be in tip top shape before you know it

Michelle~How are things your way? Taylor is back to her old self huh, I think thats great!

Penny~ Where have you been? Hope all is well with you!

Chris~So nice that you went out and helped your mom out, I can't imagine all those kids in the house at once, I think I would take up smoking again! LOL

Chelle~We are always at the same stage, which I think is good, we can be an even bigger support to each other, we started the same and both have alot of work ahead of us, WE CAN DO IT!

Jen~I was glad to see you post! I am happy that yall were able to find someone interested in the house so soon, that is wonderful, I hope it works out. I'm sure you'll find something in no time. Your in my thoughts.

To anyone I missed, I'm sorry I do hope yall have a wonderful day
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:25 AM   #6  

Chrissy, sounds like you will be having a busy week with exercise and getting ready for the In laws.... I know what you mean about everything just being a mess. I can't even keep up. I always say I feel like a dog...because I'm always on my hands and knees chasing my tail.... I clean up, turn, clean up, turn, clean up more...ect....it never ends. Dh emptied the dishwasher last night and let me tell you......just that little thing helped so much. especially with this headache. I tried Advil even tried two of them at once. It helped for a short time and then it was back. Sleeping helps, but as soon as I stand up it's like I get hit with a bat. And of course as a mom, you can't just stay in bed. I have lots of trouble with my neck, so I'm hoping the chiropractor will be able to help some. I also have a dentist appt today, but I hope that doesn't make it worse...ya know that tarter scraping...ewww... Anyway, have a good day. Try to do the cleaning in little bursts and not all at once. that can help make it seem smaller.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:27 AM   #7  

Tabitha, thanks for the chuckle. Didn't realize that......
Old 03-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #8  
Shake Your Booty!

You poor thing I hope the dentist doesn't make ya nuts with all those scraping sounds (ewwww makes me squimish thinking about it! lol) ALl I really need to do is the 1 million dishes they made since I did all the supper dishes last night, OMG icecream bowls, spoons, breakfast bowls and spoon, milk glasses etc ya know how it goes, and then I just need to vacuum and pick up all the mess down here it shouldn't take long but still, its so nice and clean here all week long then when everyone is home it looks like I never clean...so annoying sometimes You should see the corner of my dining room, I have all their Christmas presents in the corner there (since the last time they were supposed to come I think it was like Feb 18th or something) and Tori hasn't bothered it at all, which I am so proud of her for not ripping the paper off ! Well I am going to get Anthony out the door for school then pick up (Tori is still sleeping) then get some other things done, I will check in soon...We're gonna get this thread kickin' again
Old 03-14-2005, 09:24 AM   #9  

I had a repairman come out this morning and fix my internet connection so hopefully it will work consistently now!

TOM is definitely around the corner. I was doing well all day yesterday, and then when it was about 10:00, I had to have SALT. I've done fine during the day for the last 3 days, and then as soon as it hits night, I can't stop eating. It's making me nuts. Fortunately, it's not showing up on the scale (yet), but I know it will if I don't get turned around soon. Plus I'd rather be losing than just maintaining. I really want to look better and have more energy in time for my trip to the UK this August.

Hopefully, now that the child is at school and the husband is at work, I'll be able to get some working out done in peace. Do you ever notice that no matter what you give a child to occupy themselves, as soon as you start taking even 5 seconds for yourself, they interrupt? When it wasn't my daughter yesterday, it was my sick husband sleeping on the couch so there wasn't any chance to do much of anything. Oh well, it's a new day

Welcome, Karen. My name is Michelle, but there is another Michelle in these threads so I go by either Chelle or MichelleJ. I'm a SAHM with a small internet jewelry business that I just started. I married a man from England at the end of last year, and I have a 7 year old daughter, 4 cats, and a dog who take turns trying to make me crazy
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #10  
Shake Your Booty!

Chelle do you have a website that you show your jewelry on? I would love to see it! We build alot of websites but haven't done a jewelry site, I would love to see it for that reason AND cuz I'm addicted to jewelry
Old 03-14-2005, 09:44 AM   #11  
Must..... drop.... #####

Can I join?? I'm Shanna, Mom to three wunnerful kids, JAcob (2 1/2) and Avery and Addyson (16 mos). I'm working on losing some weight (just like everyone else here LOL ) and just need some support and I don't get any at home, so here seems like the next best place I'm at work now, so just a quick intro, I'll catch back up with everyone later (hopefully)
beatnikluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Oh my I'm so glad I have a few days off because I was so worn down this week! I went shopping yesterday afterwork, then came home and had an assignment to do.

Mel, I hope your headache feels better soon, I have imitrex for my migraines but sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but I usually use excedrin it works for me pretty well. Is it still snowy over there? We had a bit of snowy/rain the last couple of days but looks nice out there now!

Chrissy, yep Tay is back to her old self now, little monster, but I mean that in the best possible way lol. Ohhhhh sounds like you have some great plans for easter, speaking of I need to get some eggs and easter dye and the girls dresses and stuff for Easter baskets.

Chelle, don't worry about nasty TOM, I was absolutely ravenous with the last 2 cycles I had, I don't know whats going on because I've never been like that before oh well.

Kristin, I'm thinking of you girly. I hope all is well.

Jill how are things for you??

Chris, what did you get for weather in your part of the state? Nothing major here that's for sure, but Friday was absolutely beautiful, Saturday was nice in the morning then got a little gray but still not too cold. Crazy year we've had! How have you been feeling? How did Kelly's Doctors appointment go?

Penny and Deana are you girls out there somewhere?

Roxy, sorry about your puter problems, too bad you don't live close or I would come fix it for you! Hope you can come back soon.

Jeniqua, I'm thinking of you, sorry to see you withdrawl from the challenge but perhaps the next one you'll be ready to join up again

Karen and Shanna, welcome, I'm MichelleRae now a working mom to 2 girls Teagan (15 mos.) and Taylor (3 1/2) I have been married to my hubby for 2 1/2 years we have two dogs Jaxxie who is our playful mutt, and Yugi, my lil cutie shih tzu. I'm sure you'll like it here, this is a great group of girls.

Well, I'm off to start the day! Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #13  
Shake Your Booty!

I'm bacccccccck! LOL I went and took a walk to RiteAid, picked up a few things and came on home not as huffy and puffy as I used to get, I really didn't get huffy I just couldn't wait to get home LOL And I didn't get that way till I got to the alley behind the house. Poor Tori's nose was red but she enjoyed being outside too, I figured its better to walk when I can instead of drive.

Michelle~ I don't have anything ready for Easter yet! LOL I have alot to do for that still, I did get Tori a few things for her basket yesterday, I think the older kids I'll get a shirt and a bag of jelly beans, Tori got 2 packs of flash cards and 2 books so far, she'll get some recess peanut butter cups and I dunno what else yet.

Hiya Shanna, Welcome I'm Chrissy SAHM to 3 Cara 13 (14 in May) Tori 2 (3 in June) and Anthony 9 (10 in Aug) You will love it here everyone is very supportive of each other
Old 03-14-2005, 01:29 PM   #14  
I will suceed!!!

Well, an update on that legal problem, my h has a small ira account that he's only been putting money into for a couple of years. There isn't a lot there, but there may be enough to cover this problem. So, he is going to call them this afternoon and see about cashing it in, and how long that will take. We talked about it, and figured, surely, it wouldn't take as long to get the money from there as it would for me working at the temp service. And that would take some pressure off me, so that I could take my time to find something more suitable than the temp service that I am going to go to. I will go there during the week when he is off work, until I find something permenant. So, we'll see how the phone call goes this afternoon.

Anyway, I am battling the hohums today. Working pretty slowly trying to clean my living room and kitchen. TOM is kicking my butt. I am trying to motivate myself to get this done and to exercise. No buts. Just get up and do it. I need a good swift kick in the rear today.

Chrissy, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I appreciate it. It sounds like the walk did you some good.

Michelle, enjoy your days off. Do something for you, at least something small for you.

Shanna, welcome, my name is Tabitha, a temporarily sahm of 4 year old Brianna and 2 year old Jeffery. This is a great group of women. Please come back. We'd love to have you.

Chelle, with me, and TOM, it's bacon. Something new this time, I had a wild craving for country gravy with sausage in it poured over biscuits. So, I had that as my splurge for the week. But I still want more! LOL, this is a first for me. And when I was eating it, my h looked at me wierd. I had taken a bite, closed my eyes and moaned. It was so good. He asked me if I were pregnant. LOL NO WAY!!!!!!

Mel, I hope the chiropractor can help. You are in my thoughts.

Roxy, Penny hope you two are doing well.

Jeniqua, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are doing.

Well, i am late fixing lunch, so I had better go. BBL
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyL
Chelle do you have a website that you show your jewelry on? I would love to see it! We build alot of websites but haven't done a jewelry site, I would love to see it for that reason AND cuz I'm addicted to jewelry
My website is www.trinitylondon.com

My husband did the web design for me. I've done very, very simple html stuff before, but there was no way I was going to be able to do anything in his league.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote