Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 10:00 AM   #16  
Carol

Hello all. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

Like several of you I have been very busy. I have had my own health issues, but am doing well now, my dad has been in the hospital for 3 weeks now. We almost lost him but thank god he is a stubborn man and refuses to leave us.

On top of that my brother bought mom & dad's farm 3 years ago and hasn't paid anything on their mortgage in a year. Mom and Dad are hurting for cash so thay had to forclosure on my brother. He is fighting it every step of the way. God I hate this, it is splitting the family and I am sure it will be very hard to recover from it down the road. Too many feelings are getting stomped on.

I am sorry I haven't been around to post. I just today logged on for the first time in at least 2 weeks. I spend most of my spare time at the hospital with Dad. He is still not good. We just go day to day with him not knowing what to expect.

On a bright note, my daughter is due to have her baby any day now. I am just waiting for that call. She is supposed to be having a girl and has already picked out the name of Karli Dawn.

Welcome to the newcomers. As I am sure you are finding out this is a great group of ladies. They are kind considerate and very supportive.

Krystal congrats on the loss!!!

Shelley. Hip Hip Hurrah for losing under you goal. You are an inspiration. I am sure everything will be fine after your biopsy. I had one a couple of years ago and it was nothing. Think happy thoughts!

Ramona: I too have let myself get out of the weight loss mode. I have managed to maintain all but 2 lbs that I lost while in the hospital so I guess that is a good thing. But I am going to have to get my mental state changed around or I will be gaining instead of losing.

Gayle: I definately can sympathize with all you are going through. I am praying for you and your mom. Here's to good health for all of us and our families!!

Sherry: You have been sick so much the last few months. I am praying for a speedy recovery. Love you.

Deb: How is James doing now?

I have missed all of you. I will try to do better at posting. I know I have missed some of you but I do love you ALL! Take Care and Hugs to everyone. It sounds like we all could use a group hug about now.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #17  

Carol-I'm sending prayers to you. I am having my own issues (although not health than God!) with my parents. They are on their way now to my house for us to go looking at houses. They are down to about 40 days before they have to move out of theirs. I really wish they would just reconsider and move in with us. It would be so much better for everyone.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #18  

Carol, BLESS YOUR HEART!!!! I would say you have had your share of troubles and then some! I hope things start to look up for you soon and you can get back to normal.....whatever normal is for all of us!!! hahaha I'll be thinking of you and praying for you also.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #19  

Keep your fingers crossed. Mom and Dad saw a real nice condo that is 5.6 miles away from me. I decided to run to it today and back. It's a nice run. The person that is selling it just bought in Feb 25, and is turning around and selling it for $40,000.00 more than he bought it for. Isn't that amazing? It is 1900 square feet and very nice. My dad just hates the fact that the man is making such a profit in a matter of a month. It is an older one, but a very nicely kept up area. The maintenance fees are quite pricey, $300.00 per month, but that includes water, sewer, lawn, cable and insurance.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #20  

hello!
im here!
i to lost my password and couldnt get in!after a lot of shuffling i got in!
well heres my update!
i had my surgery and it was a success!
i can see real good,i do hafta have laser surgery in 60-90 days for the cataract left a haze and they will shoot little holes in the lens it will correct the double vision in the eye!
its a painless surgery so im looking forward to it!
my eye gets a little strained its not used to all the colors,lol!
everythings so beautiful!
i seen a raindrop the other day!
i was so excited!
without the depth i could see the rain but could not focus on a raindrop.
i seen one!
my dd is beautiful havent seen her total face since she was 6.
i cought double pnemonia,never had that before,it hurt badly!
unfortunatly with everything i gained my weight back so im ready to be back on program,
i can exercise now!

corol, how's your dad?

gayle,im so sorry to hear of your mom!
yes it is a wake up call!
it effects so much,believe me i know!
prayers for a quick and speedy recovery!

sherry,wtg on pounds lost and staying op!

shelly,your doing great,at goal and still losing!
you rock!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEB!
sorry i missed it!

WELCOME KRYSTAL!
i love accents!
im so glad your here!
these are the best gals in the world!

mary,awesome weight loss!
how'd you do it?

ramona,
hows your back doing?

dee,hope your having fun!
how are you doing?

ill try to be more active,i have my password handy if my puter messes with me again!
love to all!
doni
Old 03-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #21  

Hello

I have been cleaning & washing all weekend. Trying to get everything done & ready for our trip to see Chris Thursday (through Sunday).

Gayle,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.Bless your heart! Is there anything I can do except pray? I wish I was closer to you to help out. Take care of Gayle too! Your family needs you as much as you need your Mom. I love you and give us an update soon!

Carol,
I'm also sorry to hear about your Dad. Are you taking care of yourself too? I guess we all need to sell our houses and move to one state so we can all be close and help out.Sound good? I haven't been that sick this year...It's just my hernia acting up right now. Please post again soon and let us know how your Dad is. He's in my prayers Carol.

Doni,
I've miss you and look forward to your posts. I'm glad you're doing well from surgery and able to see the beauty in things! Don't wait so long to poat again...miss you when you're MIA!

Dee...Are you home yet? Gosh I miss you!!!!!!!!!

Hello to everyone else....Got to get clothes out of dryer.......

BTW: My hiatal hernia hasn't hurt at all this week being off WW. I'm back on it tomorrow morning to see if it starts hurting again.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:36 PM   #22  

Sherry, have a wonderful time on your trip to see Chris. Tell him I am very proud of him. We leave Wednesday morning for Ft. Sill. Dan arrives around 6:30 p.m. that evening and we get to spend that night and the next day with him. Looks like an exciting week for both of us!!!!

Shelley, I hope the condo works out for your folks. I know it will put your mind at ease to have them settled close to you.

Doni, glad you are doing well after your surgery. Looking forward to more posts now that you have your password again!

Love to all the other Floozies.....
Old 03-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #23  

Ramona...Have fun on your trip too!!! I know you're excited about seeing Dan. I know I am Chris! Can't wait to get my arms around him! My trip is 8-10 hours. What about yours?

Shelley...How did looking at the condo go? Are they going to get it??? I know you'll be so glad when they get settled in! especially if it's close to you!!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:55 AM   #24  

My parents made an offer on the condo! I hope it is accepted, because my dad, being the way he is, said he won't give them a penny more. We'll know by noon today.

Sherry-I'm so happy that you will be seeing Chris. Give him an extra hug and kiss for me.

Ramona-I know how happy you will be to see Dan. Have a great time with him.

Doni-I had no idea how bad your vision was. I am so glad that now you can see everything more clearly. It will only get better as time goes on. How is your hubby doing? I hope he is being good to you! You deserve it!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:46 AM   #25  
Janice

Shelley - I hope the offer goes through for your folks. It will give you peace of mind to have them close.
I work in a nursing home so I know how important it is to have family close by.
I have not been posting for a while as I got a new computer and it took me a while to get everything up and running.
Hello everyone!!
Janice
Old 03-14-2005, 05:04 PM   #26  

Hello Ladies I am home!!!! I missed visiting with each one of you. I am not going to post a long one because I am on my 7 load of laundry and trying to get everything put back to where it belongs. Reality has set in, just memories now.

I will post more soon. Love you all.

DEE
Old 03-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #27  

WELCOME HOME DEE, CAROL AND DONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Home to us, I mean!)

Ok, y'all. Twice now in the last two weeks I have been mistaken for the sister of a guy I used to date! UGH! I have GOT to lose weight--I can't stand this!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl
Old 03-14-2005, 05:40 PM   #28  
Finnigan Begin Again

Morning ladies.
My heartfelt condolences go out to all of you going through tough times at the moment, this group is so inspiring I get all teary reading your posts! You're all such strong ladies with positive outlooks.

I've been going strong, trying to exercise as much as I can and stick to my points...it's all a journey.

Good luck everyone and keep on losing!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #29  

Well, he turned down the offer, so now it's back to square 1. He won't budge on the price, and my dad won't give in. Oh well, I guess they weren't meant to get it.

Dee-Honey, I'm so glad you're home! You have been sorely missed. Please give us one of your wonderful accounts of what happened. I hope you are feeling much better from the sun, fun and relaxation.

Cheryl-You will do it! You have been doing great on the exercise part, and I'm sure the eating will all fall into place.

I am going to mentor my friend that is having a hard time keeping OP. She joined WW online this morning and is trying Core. I told her that I would help her as much as I can. She is the lady that works in the library (one of my best friends.) She has lost and gained and lost and gained just like all of us. She doesn't have time for meetings, so I am going to try to help her to stay OP. I'm sure she will do good.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #30  

Welcome back Dee!!! Hope you had a wonderful vacation!!!!

Shelley, I'm sorry it didn't work out. Maybe they'll find something else very soon. Hang in there!!!

Sherry, our trip is about 6 hours. I know you are as excited as I am. When I get my hands on him, I may never let him go!!! Dan got to call on Sunday and he told me that he is wearing a size small shirt. When he left for Iraq, he was wearing an extra large....I hope I don't break him!!!! LOL

Love to all the Floozies. Gayle and Carol if you are reading this, I'm sending hugs your way.

I'm off to bed now. I had a really rough domestic abuse case today and I'm mentally drained. I'll try to post once more before we leave for Oklahoma........
Closed Thread