Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:28 PM   #76  
loves kleenex box art

There's some money but I've read that he's been offered more to get out. I think he may doing what's best for her but is it best for her other family? He's Catholic? Can't divorce? I don't know. Just personally know I'd be really realllly p*ss*d if the life/death of my child was being determined by someone who knew him for a few years then went on to start another family while still claiming to be her husband.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=35304
Old 03-22-2005, 07:16 PM   #77  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

YOU WEIGH ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE---------YOU SKINNY BAG!!!!----HOW COME YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BRAGGING ABOUT THIS---I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WEIGHED ONE FIFTY ONE AT THE WINN DIXIE!!!! i need to watch american idol-----is anyone else hooked on this--------i guess i just like any idol----BUT I STILL LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE MY KALAN!!!! HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!as far as that poor girl goes----i agree with peach----her parents should have the greater say!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:53 PM   #78  
Member w/ messiest house

We've been watching Am. Idol every week. Except for the show on Wednesday where all they do is waste time until they tell you who lost the last week; I haven't watched that one at all this season. 15 minutes till it starts here!

Wow. I remember weighing under 140. It was before I quit smoking, before I got married, before before before.

I'm uploading a photo or 2. Wish me luck

TPBM wants DD's prom dress for her very own.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05_0321dress_crop.jpg (36.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 05_0321dressbodice.jpg (27.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 05_0321backdetail.jpg (21.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-23-2005, 05:14 AM   #79  
fatter than U

Talking

True!!! It's a smashing dress and dd looks beautiful. I want it. I know I could never sausage myself into it, but still. Can you imagine what that lacing would look like on a flabby someone with back fat and no waist?

When I was around 25 I weighed 126!!! And when I started at WLB I remember being 147.5. It's criminal. I know I'm eating out of frustration right now and it's hard to stop. Food is just fills the void nicely. Must find another substitute. Maybe knitting or cross stitch? Last night I put on my walkin' shoes and did three miles with Leslie so it's a start.

TPBM is buying a new dress for Easter.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:04 AM   #80  
loves kleenex box art

False. I hate to go to church on Easter because it's so crowded and phoney. Also, I do not want the dress. I want the figure. she's GOREGEOUSS.

DS leaves for Spain in two days. Am not going to the dinner with Herb because he sent DS email saying he'd be the only young person there as the others live so far. They live closer than us. Then he sent email to everyone saying, "If you're thinking about bringing any funny stuff to make you feel good, remember that Spain is like Turkey and they'll put you under the jail and nothing anyone can do about it."

I told DS not to let herbie's grandkids touch his luggage if Herbie has these fears.

I weighed 139 that morning. Not this morning. No reason to brag.

TPBM has a clean bedroom floor.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #81  

True, except for DH's boots that he can't fit in his closet. I don't know what to do about those. The man has more boots, coats and hats than anyone on the face of the earth. Also more fishing tackle.

DD will look stunning in that dress, Kiwi.

I'm eating because I have nothing more interesting to do, Sugar. I'm back up past the 150 mark, which is my official weight that I hate myself at. I've got to do something about it. Congrats on the Leslie walk - have you noticed I haven't made a peep about Leslie for weeks?

Bagzie, isn't it the pits when things fall apart on the homefront and you have to actually show up for work???? I hate that. Anyway, I hated it when my kids were little. There is nothing more stressful. I went to a cute new shop yesterday and spent some money in your honor, Bagzie. It was called Willows and they had the cool kind of stuff you do. Of course not as cool as your stuff, but I can't afford the airfare to NB right now.

So Peachez, what are your plans for yourself while DS is in Spain? I hope you've planned something special for yourself.

Guess I should get busy here.

TPBM has her own monster under the bed.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #82  
Member w/ messiest house

No, all my monsters are in my head. I actually had a dream last night that I was taking a nap in my clothes and my doctor (whose name is the same as one of the Am. Idol judges) walked into my room, took one look at me and said "are you fully dressed? What are you doing in bed in the middle of the day?" How embarrassing. I think I need to quit taking naps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Last night I put on my walkin' shoes and did three miles with Leslie so it's a start.
Yay Sugar! I need to do that today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Then he sent email to everyone saying, "If you're thinking about bringing any funny stuff to make you feel good, remember that Spain is like Turkey and they'll put you under the jail and nothing anyone can do about it."
Good grief! Doesn't that just fill you with confidence?

I'm actually dreading having to shop for a dress for my nephew's wedding, even while I'm putting money aside for it. Where should I shop? What should I look for? I was looking in the Coldwater Creek catalog and they had some real nice dresses and 2 piece outfits, and I have a 40% off coupon until next month. But I'd have to order it and hope it fit in May. Blah. I hate shopping.

TPBM sings while she drives.

Kiwi
Old 03-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #83  
loves kleenex box art

TRUE TRUE ... I try to make DS worry that I'll do with someone else in the car. We carpool with a girl from his high school. That's when I fell for the leader of the pack. oh. yeah!

Kiwi, just get a muu muu with really nice flowers on it. One you can wear to bed in the middle of the day WHILE I'M AT OWRK!!!! You rat.

Do you all think that now that we have Painty, we should think about recruiting another cow to replace those who have abandoned us?

TPBM had a sensible breakfast.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #84  
fatter than U

Talking

True! Tropical fruit salad with yogurt and a biiiiiiig glass of water.

I went downtown today because I wanted to get powdered green tea to make green tea shortbread cookies (Martha knows how) but they didn't have any so I bought a new bathrobe instead and now I'm all blue and green and snuggly and I can throw my ratty white bathrobe with the tea stains OUT. So there.

Many, many people with back fat downtown. Didn't make me feel much better though. Will do Leslie again tomorrow. The plan now is to get down to at least 160 by my birthday which is two months away. That's doable, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpernia
Kiwi, just get a muu muu with really nice flowers on it. One you can wear to bed in the middle of the day WHILE I'M AT OWRK!!!! You rat.
Hee! That almost made me spit tea on my computer screen. Kiwi, I think you should go for a two-piecer that you can combine with other stuff and wear again.

Did I mention that I got dh the MOST romantic birthday present ever? A pressure-washer for the deck! He just had to have it. Nothing says love like power tools, eh? And he actually used it today so the wooden deck is shiny clean and ready for spring. We barbequed this evening. In the dark. Really. It's an old tradition.

Oh yeah, no dice yet on the dog. There were some very cute smallish Jack Russell types at the shelter however they were spoken for and other than that they only had the usual pitt bulls and German shepherds which I am not equipped to deal with. And then there was Henry, a maltese mixed with something else who was ADORABLE, but he was 10 years old already. Nearly broke my heart to leave him there - maybe we should go back and get him. And the kitties!!! - the wonderful, sweet, beautiful kitties. If I wasn't allergic I would have taken them all home.

TPBM feeds stray cats.

Last edited by SugP; 03-23-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #85  
loves kleenex box art

True. But I don't mean to.

Henry won't be any trouble. He's all house broken and good with kids. You can always get him a pal later.

TPBM pays more than $2.04 for gas.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:36 PM   #86  

True, of course. It's 2.14 a gallon at the station across the street. Except my car prefers the mid grade which is $2.35 a gallon. Thank my lucky stars I never go anywhere.

DD has invited DH, DS & gf, and I over for dinner tonight. She's grilling something outdoors. I'm so happy that my child can actually cook dinner for me - and do the dishes! She was griping the other day about how messy her roommate is. I told her it was Karma coming back to get her for being messy when she lived at home. hee.

Love the mu-mu idea. In fact, I think mu-mu's will be the fashion statement to wear this summer. Along w/ flip-flops that I don't have to bend over to put on.

TPBM is cooking her own dinner tonight.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:00 PM   #87  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yes!@@@!! for dinner i had chips and grapes and jujube and caramilk easter eggs,with cranberry diet pop for a drink!!!-----went to ds's hockey game {he played net} that is so fun,drinking hot chocolate,sitting watching the kids---they are such great skaters and i can hardly get around the rink without hanging onto the boards!!!------this is the first year in YEARS that i haven't gotten my EASTER displays out-----i could blame it on work,but i think that the real problem is that easter is too early-----------seems weird to have it in March----------who is having a big dinner----my dear sissy has a MAN!!! she is dating a really nice guy who has kids too and they are hosting Easter Dinner-----it will be three years this summer since George died and i guess we are all ready for her to be happy again-----the kids like him,i like him----it's really nice--------SHUGA!!! YOUR bathrobe sounds divine---is it chanielle???? i laughed me arse off at the description of kiwonk's mumu---i want one too!!! what a nice contrast that would be to kiwietta's gorgeous red gown and stunning figure!!! lets all get our pics taken in our new mumus and get kiwi to make a collage--- we can have our own website----COWS IN MOOMOOS!!! HAAAAAAAAAAA----------TIME FOR BED-----by the way wabby0-0-------------i am jealous of your dd's dinner invite----i want one of those from my ddz!!! xoxoxo
Old 03-23-2005, 11:00 PM   #88  
Member w/ messiest house

You betcha -- broiled salmon and mahimahi with soy/lemon/dill sauce and from scratch broccoli risotti. Jealous? Had 2 kinds of fish because I didn't have enough salmon. It was frozen filet pieces, not as good as fresh, but not at all bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
I went downtown today because I wanted to get powdered green tea to make green tea shortbread cookies (Martha knows how) but they didn't have any so I bought a new bathrobe instead and now I'm all blue and green and snuggly and I can throw my ratty white bathrobe with the tea stains OUT. So there.
Very interesting. It's like one of those 6 degrees of separation things. (Only it's 5)

Ratty white bathrobe with tea stains --> green tea shortbread --> shopping for green tea --> shopping for bathrobe --> new bathrobe, no tea!

Cool, huh? You didn't know you led such a symmetrical life, did you? I think it's great that you gave DH power tools! I'm sure he's never been happier. Reminds me of the time I gave DH a mailbox and a lampshade for his birthday. Go figure.

Totally cool to be entertained by DD, Wab. I got a big thrill when DD made us crepes a few weeks ago. If they only knew how little it takes to please us, eh?

TPBM is sooooooooooo tired.

Kiwi
Old 03-23-2005, 11:23 PM   #89  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh hi Bagz, we posted at the exact same time! Hey, you didn't cook anything, you just went grazing for dinner!

Yeah, it's just what a need, another muumuu! You know, this is not so funny considering that a few years ago when one of my sisters got married, I went to Filene's and bought what, looking back on it, I can only call a vile 2 layer muumuu. I don't know what possessed me to actually wear it in public. And worse, the damn thing was washable, but one of the layers shrunk in the wash, so it no longer even looks like a 2 layer dress, it just looks like poop on a stick. Well, that would be while it's on the hanger. On me it looks like poop on a potato.

Sorry, I'm punchy. I just got finished registering DD online for the SAT test. She was so tired she was practically limp and giggly by the time we were done.

Kiwi
Old 03-24-2005, 08:31 AM   #90  

Y'all sound less depressed. Maybe it's the muu muu image... or naps and dreams.
Knitting does help keep the grazing in check because you can't do both at the same time. Unfortunately, you are sitting which doesn't raise your metapolic rate!!
Bravo to all of us who give what people want rather than what we think they SHOULD have or SHOULD want! Power tools? OK. I wish my hubby wanted a vaccuum... Oh. right. He did and HE got it.
I recommend pets. I could feel myself relaxing when Puppy the Cat came and found my lap (It's pretty much buried under my stomach... rather like wildflowers under snow). I can exercise her with the laser pencil. A dog would get me out more... but dogs aren't "self-cleaning" to the same extent... so at cat it is until I officially retire and have more time.

I've bought quite a bit on line from Coldwater Creek. I LIKE IT. And their sizes run true to what they say they do. I tend to need extra ease in the rear... and a non-stretchy silk sheath was the only item that didn't fit when I got it.And if you have DSL or lots of patience it's worth going through the sale pages.

OK. I need to make my prioritized to do list and get cracking.
It's Thursday. So there'll be LOTS of posts, right?

TPBM actually has a few power tools of her own.
Closed Thread